Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Red posted:

Holy poo poo, someone just Arnim Zola'd a Hobgoblin on to me.

Holy poo poo.

Looking up what Zola does, my first thought is "that's a little suspicious"
But my second thought was "Actually if I had that card, and it was in my deck, I would absolutely toss that onto any lame that got Hobgoblin'd and hope for the best."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Double it and give it back the next turn

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:

Hobo Clown posted:

You mind sharing the Dazzler deck? I never use her, but bought a sweet variant of her the other day. I justified it by assuming she'd work well with Elsa next month.

Mbaku is the worst card, anything else is better.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Double it and give it back the next turn

Shuri > Hobgob > Zola

Of course, you need your opponent to have a full zone but it's funny to think about

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Tried to throw away an Infinity Conquest ticket before the reset and ended up going all the way with Surfer Patriot. Yay Infinite Rock avatar!

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Odin or Zola the hobgob is extra nice because you just took their turn 5 and made it your own

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
Yeah some presumably Galactus player threw green gob and hobgob in the same lane last night so I snapped. T6 Odin with prio sent green gob back and they smashed that mfin retreat button before hob could even start his trip home.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

victorious posted:

Yay Infinite Rock avatar!

This is what I'm trying for and it's the only Conquest thing I care about. Give sparkly rock!

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

It's only the second Infinite Conquest I've won and I now have the two best avatars in the game: Infinite Default Agent and Infinite Rock. Now I just need them to bring back the option to set a default avatar for new decks.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
I need to burn an infinite ticket and don't feel like thinking. What's the good HEvo deck these days?

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Sunspot Misty Nebula Jeff! Mobius Wave Cyclops HE Doom Chavez Hulk with a flex card of your choice is the standard I believe

Iron Lad/Armor/Storm etc

Beasteh fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Oct 2, 2023

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I will dedicate my future shiny Strong Guy avatar to your name

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

victorious posted:

It's only the second Infinite Conquest I've won and I now have the two best avatars in the game: Infinite Default Agent and Infinite Rock. Now I just need them to bring back the option to set a default avatar for new decks.

I have infinite default and all I want now is infinite creepy summer leech. If I get that will I then finally be satisfied?

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I lost in round 5 so I don't get a shiny Strong Guy :mad:

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Devo posted:

I lost in round 5 so I don't get a shiny Strong Guy :mad:

I lost match 5 twice this season. It hurts for sure

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I don't know how they can tweak it, but losing on infinite and then having to win 8 matches in a row of at least 2 rounds (more if you don't have any gold tickets but they at eladt give you a lot of those) is definitely demoralizing. I have no interest in climbing that over and over

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Friendly reminder to use all your Conquest Tickets, spend all your Conquest Medals, complete as many Weekly, Weekendly, and Monthly challenges as you can. Season ends tonight 11pm EST

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
In 5 week season did we get 2 weeks of infinite conquest or just one

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Snazzy Frocks posted:

In 5 week season did we get 2 weeks of infinite conquest or just one

Just one. There's an extra week of BS to buy in the shop though.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Is there a cap on Tokens? I'm at 9.3k with nothing to spend them on other than variants or cards I don't want.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

New Leaf posted:

Is there a cap on Tokens? I'm at 9.3k with nothing to spend them on other than variants or cards I don't want.

Not that I know of. I've been over 18k before now, I've seen streamers with over 20k.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

New Leaf posted:

Legitimately, sit on them. There are some cool cards coming in the next two months you may just want to buy.

jiffynuts
Jul 6, 2005

It's a-me-a-ha-me-ha
Yup. What others said. Hoard your tokens and spotlight caches. That way when something comes around that you really want, you’ll be in a good position to get it. Also wait a few days before pulling the trigger on a new weekly card. Let the streamers figure out if it’s good or not.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I would like to wish every person playing this same Alioth/High Evo deck I keep running into a very pleasant fall down an empty well head first.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sandwolf posted:

Friendly reminder to use all your Conquest Tickets, spend all your Conquest Medals, complete as many Weekly, Weekendly, and Monthly challenges as you can. Season ends tonight 11pm EST

Also reminder to not open any caches at all today or you could waste it on a gold ticket

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Opopanax posted:

Also reminder to not open any caches at all today or you could waste it on a gold ticket

Yes, save them so you can waste them on a gold ticket next month instead!

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

New Leaf posted:

I don't think so.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Threw away my infinity conquest tickets today. One of them made it 3 matches deep. RIP

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I tried MODOK Hella for fun in Conquest. I lose to it a lot due to not having counters in some decks, but in like 7 games I never got the combo off, and in the one time I did, I lost. Yay.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Good into Infinite at about 7000 rank, ending the month at 44,000. Seems like a lot of people got in in the last few days, I've lost almost 20000 ranks in that time.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Did anyone come up with any good Elsa decks yet? Seems kinda meh to me. I'm excited for most of the other new cards though, shame this spotlight week is a repeat

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I could see her putting in work in a slightly unorthodox destroy deck, where the main goal is to pump up either Deadpool or Nimrod. The card list wouldn't necessarily look that different, but you'd need to change the way you approach playing it.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Opopanax posted:

Did anyone come up with any good Elsa decks yet? Seems kinda meh to me. I'm excited for most of the other new cards though, shame this spotlight week is a repeat

I'm figuring out who to remove to add Elsa in my Sera deck:

# (1) Kitty Pryde
# (1) Spider-Ham
# (1) Snowguard
# (2) Angela
# (2) Elsa Bloodstone
# (2) Luke Cage
# (2) Mysterio
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Bishop
# (3) Hit-Monkey
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (5) Sera
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU25vd2d1YXJkIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJMdWtlQ2FnZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSGl0TW9ua2V5In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaGFuZ0NoaSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQmlzaG9wIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJLaXR0eVByeWRlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTZXJhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNeXN0ZXJpbyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTGl6YXJkIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTcGlkZXJIYW0ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkVsc2FCbG9vZHN0b25lIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBbmdlbGEifV19
#

this version took out Shadow King, but I'm also looking at removing either Spider-Ham or Luke Cage.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Lizard

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

More rewards for spending real money: https://t.co/t0khgvfXne

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Oof course on the reset I get X-23 in my token shop. As I'm at only 5.2k I pin her, then go and open my one spotlight cache.

I opened X-23 and now I'm trying to figure out a better use for my death deck.

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010
X-23 and 1k tokens (which is good tbf, since I've got Iron Lad pinned and was only on 1.3k) for my two saved caches. I'll get one more this week so another guaranteed new card, I'd be happy with Echo or Thanos

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

My last five regular collector caches have been credits or cosmetics. Please game, my CL is only 1k. I am desperate for pool 3 cards :smith:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Fate Accomplice posted:

I'm figuring out who to remove to add Elsa in my Sera deck:

# (1) Kitty Pryde
# (1) Spider-Ham
# (1) Snowguard
# (2) Angela
# (2) Elsa Bloodstone
# (2) Luke Cage
# (2) Mysterio
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Bishop
# (3) Hit-Monkey
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (5) Sera

this version took out Shadow King, but I'm also looking at removing either Spider-Ham or Luke Cage.

Spider-Ham every time while Mobius is so prevalent. In case you didn't know: the Pig has base cost zero, which is increased to the cost of the transformed card. So if your opponent has Mobius and you Ham his Infinaut, you just gave him a 0/20. (Similarly, it has base power 0 so Shadow King will reset that number.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

It seems like the best uses for Elsa are going to be Bounce, Zoo, or you can throw her into Iron Patriot since that deck also puts a lot of cards into play