Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
For which system will you be getting Assassin's Creed: Mirage?
This poll is closed.
PC 14 18.67%
PS5 5 6.67%
XSX 3 4.00%
PS4 1 1.33%
XBO 1 1.33%
I am going wait for the Switch port 51 68.00%
Total: 75 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Last month I complained that bg3 hadn’t gotten its hooks in me. Well it’s gotten its hooks in me.

What helped was, selling off 90% of my consumables. Larian’s inventory ui has improved since dos2 but it’s still far from ideal.
Here are the mods I would want most:
1. a “add all to Wares category (trash items to sell)” button for containers, next to the “loot all” button
2. something to remove the WoW rarity colours from items

Anyway, game good. Larian remains king of fun animal conversations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

During the brief time I played WoW, I had missed the AQ20/40 period of doing raids so never got to encounter that. A few years after I'd stopped playing, I for some reason got the urge to play again and catch up on old content using their free return trial (this was post Wrath of the Lich King, just before Cataclysm dropped from memory), and the Looking for Raid function meant I was able to go back to the old content I'd missed out on in the early game, so I thought I'd try AQ.

I can't remember the specifics, but apparently there is a boss there who does damage as a percentage of your health, not a set number. The whole raid the leader was going,"Remember guys, I know we're overleveled and smashing this, but we get to this one dude and he does percentage damage, you HAVE to pay attention or he'll kill you" and then we got there and welp half the raid died instantly :allears:

Anyway, just before my free time ran out a group I'd been raiding the Lich King with asked me to join up officially as one of their healers, and I realized I'd walked into a trap so I thanked them profusely, explained my free trial was over soon and they should give it to another player, and then logged out and never went back. That was a close one.

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
I would like it if a lot of modern RPGs just stop making poo poo like useless forks and rocks and other junk be pickups at all.

I need a spooky Halloween game and I'm torn between playing Medievil and Parasite Eve

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

D.Fuzzbot posted:

I need a spooky Halloween game and I'm torn between playing Medievil and Parasite Eve

if you haven't touched 'em yet, then one of signalis, stasis: bone totem, or inscryption are a real spooky time

i'd actually strongly recommend bone totem if you're alright with an adventure game framework, as it's got some unique aesthetic choices for a horror title and has a kinda bonkers plot that feels like a lost john carpenter script

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
I actually grabbed the first Stasis game recently after seeing a review, I should try it and the sequel.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

D.Fuzzbot posted:

I actually grabbed the first Stasis game recently after seeing a review, I should try it and the sequel.

the first one ain't bad, but it leans on a lot of tired dystopian scifi ideas and schlocky grindhouse material for its horror, which may or may not be your cup of tea. cayne (the sequel) supposedly sucks, but i never touched it, so YMMV

i think what impressed me the most about bone totem is that it manages to create an atmosphere of eerie oppression without the usual song-and-dance you'd expect from a scifi horror title. like, one of your companions is this AI-powered robotic bear - a child's toy - that looks like a nightmare puppet, yet everyone treats him as being totally mundane, and that alone is such a great bit of worldbuilding and a genuinely unique aesthetic element that i got hooked instantly

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

D.Fuzzbot posted:

I would like it if a lot of modern RPGs just stop making poo poo like useless forks and rocks and other junk be pickups at all.

definitely do not play parasite eve for halloween

because it's a christmas game

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023

Vermain posted:

the first one ain't bad, but it leans on a lot of tired dystopian scifi ideas and schlocky grindhouse material for its horror, which may or may not be your cup of tea. cayne (the sequel) supposedly sucks, but i never touched it, so YMMV

i think what impressed me the most about bone totem is that it manages to create an atmosphere of eerie oppression without the usual song-and-dance you'd expect from a scifi horror title. like, one of your companions is this AI-powered robotic bear - a child's toy - that looks like a nightmare puppet, yet everyone treats him as being totally mundane, and that alone is such a great bit of worldbuilding and a genuinely unique aesthetic element that i got hooked instantly

Oh I actually didn't know it had a direct sequel. I thought Bone Totem was and it was just like a non connected horror series.

EightFlyingCars posted:

definitely do not play parasite eve for halloween

because it's a christmas game

Excellent point

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

D.Fuzzbot posted:

Oh I actually didn't know it had a direct sequel. I thought Bone Totem was and it was just like a non connected horror series.

they all take place in the same universe at different points in time, although bone totem lays it all out enough for you to not have needed to play any of the other games to get what's going on

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'll be playing mizzurna falls, personally

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Neopets is having a delayed Faerie Festival that is supposed to be paired with another type of event called charity corner where players ditch trash items for points for prizes and boons.

The combo is meant to maybe help with inflation, delete trash from database, get rare items bringing the prices down as more enter circulation.

Right now they don't have a great grasp of editing or adding stuff to the site. One consequence is they copy pasted some parts of this event from a past event, and in turn has a limited pool of faeries giving quests, 1/4th chance of the best one everyone wants. Neat!

Except now every player can get these quests once a day and this version of the faeries has a very limited item request pool, and now with the huge sudden demand many of these items are now super inflated costing millions of nps.

Seems like it'll only get worse each day of the event left lol.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

D.Fuzzbot posted:

Genuinely baffling this is a thing in WRPGS, like I get that it adds “immersion” but then just make them auto-convert to the pittance of money/materials they’re worth.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

When I started Oblivion as my first game that let you do that, I instinctively began picking up every item I saw because hey that's what you do in rpgs and quickly discovered why it was a bad idea.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

But but....50,000 potatoes!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It's smart to keep your callipers and tongs in the same place

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
The thing I did in late game oblivion was take every gem I had found during my run and drop each one individually into a basket on the ground. After having placed roughly 1000 gems into this basket I would cast an explosive magic spell and watch the game try to scattered the gems before my Xbox 360 hard crashed.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Had a day off work and played a number of different games yesterday.
Video gaming is a pretty fantastic way to pass the time.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

CVG posted:

I've been on a virtual training course so far this week from 7am to 11am so I've been doing it from home and let me tell you it's pretty awesome to play video games all morning before going into work for a few hours in the afternoon :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

fridge corn posted:

I've been on a virtual training course so far this week from 7am to 11am so I've been doing it from home and let me tell you it's pretty awesome to play video games all morning before going into work for a few hours in the afternoon :D

High Five! I now have mondays as holiday days for a bit, so every Monday will be 'I mess around playing video games days'

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

CVG posted:

High Five! I now have mondays as holiday days for a bit, so every Monday will be 'I mess around playing video games days'

Been playing SaGa Scarlet Grace and having the absolute time of my life. Can't wait for you to play a SaGa game on stream!!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

fridge corn posted:

Been playing SaGa Scarlet Grace and having the absolute time of my life. Can't wait for you to play a SaGa game on stream!!

Saga Frontier Remastered is the one to start with, yeah?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

CVG posted:

Saga Frontier Remastered is the one to start with, yeah?

Yeah I'd say so

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
I'm playing Hellblade for Spooktober and I'm tense the whole time.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

CVG posted:

:yeah:

Opening my morning with a little monster hunter is making me super super happy this week

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

MajorBonnet posted:

I'm playing Hellblade for Spooktober and I'm tense the whole time.

I have that on my list after Firework and RE4 Remake.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

New FFXIV patch just gave me what might be one of the most impressive MMO boss fights in a while, kicked all sorts of rear end.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Strawberry Panda posted:

I have that on my list after Firework and RE4 Remake.

Play it with headphones if you can

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Ibblebibble posted:

New FFXIV patch just gave me what might be one of the most impressive MMO boss fights in a while, kicked all sorts of rear end.

Got a video?

I love a good boss fight :allears:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Infinitum posted:

Got a video?

I love a good boss fight :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu4S9D3xaSI

Dunno how legible this would be for a non-XIV player but even if you don't understand what's going on at least you can appreciate the visuals and music.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Seems like a pretty great title for PSVR2 to get.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wShppgklZkg

The VA jank always fun :allears:

Ibblebibble posted:

Dunno how legible this would be for a non-XIV player but even if you don't understand what's going on at least you can appreciate the visuals and music.

Nah I always like watching FF14 videos. Very much just learning the somewhat forgiving patterns and timings, vs learning WoW's brutal :dunkedon: mechanics.

FF14 also telegraphs abilities via precise outlines far better than WoW's more ambiguous ones.

Cheers for linking. Looks super brutal towards the end.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

High level content in FFXIV I've always compared to DDR, where you're performing a dance pattern where every failure damages you, but it's the same pattern with some random pairings sometines. The main difference between difficulties being how many missed steps you can make (with the highest being "yeah you better rez that rear end quickly cause next mechanic needs 8 bodies" :v:)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Infinitum posted:

Seems like a pretty great title for PSVR2 to get.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wShppgklZkg

The VA jank always fun :allears:

Unfortunately it is very much not a good get for PSVR2 because it's not a port of the full game to VR, it's only a handful of new bonus missions

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

High level content in FFXIV I've always compared to DDR, where you're performing a dance pattern where every failure damages you, but it's the same pattern with some random pairings sometines. The main difference between difficulties being how many missed steps you can make (with the highest being "yeah you better rez that rear end quickly cause next mechanic needs 8 bodies" :v:)

And on higher difficulties you can't see the steps on the screen and just have to figure it out via clues, and the tempo cranks to 500bpm.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

haveblue posted:

Unfortunately it is very much not a good get for PSVR2 because it's not a port of the full game to VR, it's only a handful of new bonus missions

Man that sucks, just like Ace Combat 7 then.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Did you know there's a PS1, sorta-ResiEvil adventure game starring Athena Asamiya from The King of Fighters?
Well now you presumably do. (Also I didn't realize she was related to that Athena).

Athena: Awakening from the Ordinary Life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=endPs_OpnMQ

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Lol ai know nobody cares but Neopets double down on fuckuos today. Economy already in shambles because of their disasterpus faerie quest implementation, so tons of cheap items are now 1 million np or over. For reference for most players getting even 1 million is a big milestone and goal.

They also changed the rarity of the local Stone of Jordan item, to r200, worth max points in the charity event + implemented a 10 daily item limit for the festival.

In effect, to get the most points from event (prizes unknown outside of capsules with random chance of random value item) you need to dump, best case scenario at lowest prices, 36 million into the event throwing items into the ether.

Last incarnations of this event were about mass deletion of junk items for various good prizes.

This is the first big thing the new owners have done besides add a flash emulator to the site and users are getting pissed en masse

Edit: lol a lot of their FAQ has info copy and pasted from a fan site about the last version of the event.

I think they literally just don't have any idea how to work on the site, it's been so far removed from anyone who was a lively adding content to the site, like 2 whole businesses owned it without adding really anything at all besides more paid items and occasional pet colours.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Oct 3, 2023

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Rinkles posted:

Did you know there's a PS1, sorta-ResiEvil adventure game starring Athena Asamiya from The King of Fighters?
Well now you presumably do. (Also I didn't realize she was related to that Athena).

Athena: Awakening from the Ordinary Life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=endPs_OpnMQ

Did you know that Athena's debut was in an arcade game that had the first implementation of music with vocals in a video game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWbqQnDhsLQ

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/1709163165479845943?t=xl3keKLyb18XeBU1zFvzPQ&s=19

Lmao not more

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Does that have to do with them putting an indefinite hold on the new last of us Factions mode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Guess who’s public domain now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlSFgWSGnHg