Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
I've been playing SPT since Friday and having a lot of fun. The SAIN 2.0 mod makes all the AI better and scavs actually react by running, taking cover, breaking line of sight, and leaning/peeking rather than just locking on and walking in a straight line.
Also one of the graphics mods removes the fog everywhere and fixes a lot of the lighting.

It's unreal that BSG doesn't just hire these modders or give them some cash and implement some of the systems.

The preset "personality types" for AI players are hilarious too, some of them are little low level Timmy pmcs that are frightened by you while others act like sweaty no lifer chads with meta kits jumping around corners and taunting you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
Also I encountered a low level PMC that homer laughed at me from a bush and after I killed him I realized he has no weapons and a can of WD-40 in his rig.

I assume he was just sitting in that bush huffing wd-40. :smith:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Also I encountered a low level PMC that homer laughed at me from a bush and after I killed him I realized he has no weapons and a can of WD-40 in his rig.

I assume he was just sitting in that bush huffing wd-40. :smith:

Some of us just won’t ever escape from Tarkov :smith:

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

I've been playing SPT since Friday and having a lot of fun. The SAIN 2.0 mod makes all the AI better and scavs actually react by running, taking cover, breaking line of sight, and leaning/peeking rather than just locking on and walking in a straight line.
Also one of the graphics mods removes the fog everywhere and fixes a lot of the lighting.

It's unreal that BSG doesn't just hire these modders or give them some cash and implement some of the systems.

The preset "personality types" for AI players are hilarious too, some of them are little low level Timmy pmcs that are frightened by you while others act like sweaty no lifer chads with meta kits jumping around corners and taunting you.

Is that the latest 3.7 WIP build?

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
No I'm still on the 3.6.1 spt server. They don't have some of the newer UI changes from this wipe or the pain med vision blur so it's been pretty fun. The streets expansion is in it. The AI gunfights are more intense and drawn out because they blast you with prolonged suppressive fire from cover. They travel in squads too, some of the most terrifying encounters so far were against teams on woods.

I went up against a three man normal usec squad in the woods near sniper rock one raid and barely made it out. In another, I got chased to outskirts extract from the bunker along the mine field by some giga Chad bears while lugging a full pack of loot. They were yelling in Russian and kept pursuing me while shooting. I managed to kill one with all my limbs blacked out and threw nades at the other to buy enough time to dip out lol

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
Woof.

Did a fresh install of SPTarkov today cause I fancied a raid and it was bugging out on me, wouldn't let me open my inventory etc..

Anyway, decided to install the mods mentioned earlier, I think it was those ones anyway, some AI mod that was highly rated and the 2 supporting mods, plus the looting one that was suggested and holy hell it makes is so much fun.

It, a lot more manageable for someone of my lovely level to kill scavs, loot stuff and get multiple kills. I'm having a blast. I think I may never go back to the live game. I just wish I was updated more frequently because I want to play the expanded streets map and having containers opened when they are looted by the AI is weird.

NJersey
Dec 1, 2008
Since SPT has been the big topic in here lately, thought I'd let everyone know SPT 3.7 just released.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
btw if you want to play single player tarkov in actual tarkov just set your server region to south america.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

NJersey posted:

Since SPT has been the big topic in here lately, thought I'd let everyone know SPT 3.7 just released.

Oh hell yes, I had just checked discord earlier today and saw RC2 was out so I was hoping it was coming soon. Guess I checked too early! Thanks!

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
I just started a new game for the new build. I dunno if you can actually transfer saves through builds for SP. But it's fun anyway. Had some great games but died each time unfortunately, literally the first scav I killed had a flash drive then I got murdered.

What mods would be recommended to keep an eye out for when they update? I've got swain and the supporting mods, I'm waiting on that graphics pack to be updated, I didn't notice a huge difference when I started using it, but going from that, back to standard gave me a headache. The FOV alone when you're playing unmodded on ultrawide is BAD and I never realised just how bad before. I got a little motion sick going back to it today, it's like using a fisheye lens.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

I just started a new game for the new build. I dunno if you can actually transfer saves through builds for SP. But it's fun anyway. Had some great games but died each time unfortunately, literally the first scav I killed had a flash drive then I got murdered.

What mods would be recommended to keep an eye out for when they update? I've got swain and the supporting mods, I'm waiting on that graphics pack to be updated, I didn't notice a huge difference when I started using it, but going from that, back to standard gave me a headache. The FOV alone when you're playing unmodded on ultrawide is BAD and I never realised just how bad before. I got a little motion sick going back to it today, it's like using a fisheye lens.

There is one called "More checkmarks" which add more colored checkmarks to indicate something is: A barter good, a hideout item, a wishlisted item, a quest item, and maybe more I think?
There is one called "Algorithmic Level Progression" which makes the PMCs stay roughly similar in level to you. "early game 90% of pmcs will be between levels 1 and 14. "When the player hits level 15 (for example), pmcs will spawn as follows, 40% 1 - 14, 45% 15 - 24 etc... (configurable)"
The same author has a few other ones that randomize barter trades for similar value items and also randomizes the quests a bit (EG: instead of 3 Salewas, Therapist will want 5 CARs or such).

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Oct 9, 2023

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I'm a big fan of Softcore (possibly abandoned by the original author, forked and running on 3.7 by a different mod dev on discord but unsupported): all kinds of changes to gameplay, its great
Tyr's Fragmentation setter: sets the fragmentation chance on all bullets to 0 so there's no "dice rolled that the round fragments and does 5x damage, you die"
Medical Attention: improves medkits in general and makes them very configurable.

I just changed the version string in the package.json files for the latter two from their old versions and they seem to be working just fine, so far.

NJersey
Dec 1, 2008
Usually in a day or two all the mods from your previous versions should be updated, atleast thats how ive been doing it every time. I just compare whats updated to my old mod folder and start from there.

Never checked out this patch live but just made a test profile on spt and fuuuucking finally a loadout qol feature, such an improvement.

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
I really recommend the SAIN AI mod, helps make the AI more interesting while also not having them be headshot machines. It just got updated for 3.7 too

Edit: also 3.7 runs way smoother than 3.6.1 did I find

Tibbeh fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Oct 9, 2023

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Tibbeh posted:

Edit: also 3.7 runs way smoother than 3.6.1 did I find

That'd be great if so. My aging computer was really struggling with the game using SPT. Probably CPU bottlenecked.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

When you nail that iron sights bolt headshot for Tarkov Shooter pt 2 but it was at 39.8m. :shepicide:

I can't complain too hard, I found a violet keycard in a shack at the lumbermill at level 7, no more scramble to earn enough for junk boxes for me!

Arrath fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Oct 9, 2023

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Is there a configuration for SAIN tha makes the scabs chatty again? I really don't like the silence. I need my hosed up scav muttering.

REDjackeT
Sep 2, 2009

Wrr posted:

Is there a configuration for SAIN tha makes the scabs chatty again? I really don't like the silence. I need my hosed up scav muttering.

In tarkov, hit F6. Go to "Bot Settings" at the top.

Select all the scav types you want to be more chatty, just click on them to toggle them on or off.
Select the difficulty preset you're using and/or want to change (Hard is default, it should say in the top left)
Click on "Select Options to Edit"
Click on "Bot Mind Settings"
There are three Talk Frequency type settings, I'm guessing the one that just says "Talk Frequency" is what you want, but you can select and modify all of them.
Click on "Edit Selected Options"
Below that the values should pop up to edit, change to whatever. Bigger is more chatty I guess?
When finished, go back up and find and click the "Save and Export" button, near the difficulty area.
Click the X in the upper right to exit the menu.

EASY

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
I'm getting poo poo loads of loot, I think I have a mod issue because I've got 5 flashdrives, 4 SSDs, 1 SMT and a marked key on my first scav run

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

If you play SP Tarkov you are a coward. Play online.

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010

fennesz posted:

I did for many years, but I got real tired of waiting in queue for lighthouse and hitting 35 minutes without matching

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.

fennesz posted:

I enjoy live, but it takes so long to get into matches etc. Often spend longer queuing than playing. Kids, real life etc etc.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

fennesz posted:

Nah I'm good.

REDjackeT
Sep 2, 2009

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

What mods would be recommended to keep an eye out for when they update?

Mod for the destruction of cringey redditor bait messages and for my preserving my sanity by not having to go into the server configs and changing it

That's a fairly new one and is updated. That's the name on the spt hub.

KMC Server Value Modifier (SVM) is also a good one. The current version apparently works you just can't use the Bot, Bot Loadout, and Flee tabs.

Edit;
Also "Take a Break" or "Pause" hopefully get updated so you can pause the game when your cat/baby/catbaby starts crying during a run

REDjackeT fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Oct 9, 2023

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

fennesz posted:

No queues. No cheaters. I can pause the game (there’s a mod for that!) if I need to take a dump or my dog needs to take a dump. Cowardice feelin good.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
That server value modifier one looks interesting.. I could turn down the loot a little I expect, can you add more scavs and PMCs with it?

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I haven't had a queue more than 5 minutes in like 3 wipes. All queues last night were between 2.5 and 4 minutes.

Killing an actual player and taking his poo poo >>>>>>>>

REDjackeT
Sep 2, 2009

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

That server value modifier one looks interesting.. I could turn down the loot a little I expect, can you add more scavs and PMCs with it?

When it gets updated maybe, but the current author said something about changing those tabs due to some changes in SPT and those tabs don't work in the current version. SWAG or BetterSpawnsPlus (when its updated) might be better for adding more scavs/bots, which they both do by default. I'm trying SWAG this time around and Jager's note has been busy.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I went into Customs just trying for a quick in and out to get that drat pocketwatch. I spawned at the big warehouse of gun boxes next to the extortionist cabin and what did I find on the shelf of random items?

A Goddamm ledx!

Naturally my careful scurry to try to survive to extract resulted in me stumbling into multiple spawn waves around construction and 15 minutes of heart pounding cat and mouse as footsteps pounded all around me. I had to trade out my armor and helmet over the course of it, and left with about half a mag of looted and hastily repacked ammo. And 15 kills.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
Ah ha. There was a bug in one of the mods, the one I thought it was too, that was adding a multiplier to loose loot. It was a bit insane.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Wow amazing tell us more.

Did you find an ak?

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
Annnd the bugs still there... so I've got to restart again because removing the mod doesn't fix it. What a shower of shite

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

What a shower of shite

this was my experience with SPT when I gave it a try.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
It's certainly a little frustrating. I'm trying to get it as close to live as I can, so the PMCs etc aren't too easy etc and it's proving a little difficult.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

fennesz posted:

Killing an actual player and taking his poo poo ======= killing anything else in the game and taking their poo poo, spt or otherwise

It's just a game, relax ubermensch

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

ChesterJT posted:

It's just a game, relax ubermensch

Don't post.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Did the new version add a feature where sometimes loot containers spawn in different spots is that a SP Tarkov mod feature?

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Wrr posted:

Did the new version add a feature where sometimes loot containers spawn in different spots is that a SP Tarkov mod feature?

Yeah a new feature in the latest tarkov patch. Some containers are static and always there same as always, some are dynamic and may or may not appear. I think they added new containers as well.

It's pretty well screwed up my tried and true woods or shoreline barrel cache runs.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Wrr posted:

No, thats Dynamic loot from regular tarkov.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

I like it. Its a good idea; it feels really weird right now since it doesn't always feel like everything is "hand placed" anymore, but I think it is a good idea to make looting more an act of searching than rote memorization.