Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

The General posted:

According to Penguinz0, this is the drivers second driving a car through a building in recent times. First one was over some squabble with a neighbour.

drive through a building once shame on me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Well it's a winning strategy.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Could be worse, he could be using a gun to express his dissatisfaction.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

By popular demand posted:

Well it's a winning strategy.

He did it once and is still able to drive so apparently this is true.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Irish far-right streamer tries to interview an antifascist at a counter-protest. Sound on.
https://twitter.com/Jake_Hanrahan/status/1709582248633061831

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

:hmmyes:

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

ekuNNN posted:

Irish far-right streamer tries to interview an antifascist at a counter-protest. Sound on.
https://twitter.com/Jake_Hanrahan/status/1709582248633061831
There's a later interaction between them that's also loving spectacular:

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

My kid has hella sticks. Long sticks, sword sticks, gun sticks, gunsword sticks. I asked him if I could take a picture of the collection to show the internet and he said no way.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Biplane posted:

My kid has hella sticks. Long sticks, sword sticks, gun sticks, gunsword sticks. I asked him if I could take a picture of the collection to show the internet and he said no way.

Your kid knows what he has. NO time-wasters!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Smart kid. Some unsavoury goon could see your child's stick stash & try to rob him.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FFT posted:

There's a later interaction between them that's also loving spectacular:

so good

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
I mentally categorized all stick guns as a kid into three categories based loosely (I think) on size. Pistols, Guns, and Rifles. OMG if you called a stick gun you found by the wrong name. You absolute moron.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Tony Phillips posted:

I mentally categorized all stick guns as a kid into three categories based loosely (I think) on size. Pistols, Guns, and Rifles. OMG if you called a stick gun you found by the wrong name. You absolute moron.

I would literally have died of embarassment. Here are some other stick categories my kid has: ninja sticks, Ninjago sticks, Ninjago sticks but only two of the Ninjagos not all of them, stick sticks, spear sticks, one secret category. He's a serious player.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

sticks are serious business

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR
I had a stash of good sticks hidden in a secret tree base and somebody stole them all. Last month (and twenty years later) I found another satisfying stick on my commute and brought it home with me. I sat in the back garden, whittled the bark and some of the bigger knots off, and now it's drying in my garage in prep for becoming a hiking stick. It was a relaxing hours work. I whittle now, I guess?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Whittling kicks rear end.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I was helping a guy move house last week and he had a big stick that looked like a wizard's staff and he asked me if I wanted it, as thanks for my help. I actually would like a big stick that looks like a wizard's staff but this particular stick was just an okay stick and not quite a good stick so I passed on it.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I was kept occupied for many hours as a kid whittling walking sticks inside in the heat of the day

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
My friends used to bash each other with sticks in the back yard until one day when everyone had got hit in the nuts except me and I quit

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

hawowanlawow posted:

I was kept occupied for many hours as a kid whittling walking sticks inside in the heat of the day

:bahgawd: EEEEMIL!!!

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Oh man the memories. Snickarbo!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Android Apocalypse posted:

Smart kid. Some unsavoury goon could see your child's stick stash & try to rob him.

In the industry we call that a stick-em-up

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Tony Phillips posted:

lol if you didn’t have heavy weapons

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Platystemon posted:

It wasn't sticks, and god I wish I had pictures of this, but me and the neighbor kids made an arsenal out of empty toilet paper rolls. We duct taped them into every weapon we could think of, including one of those multi barrel grenade launchers. We were like, 9 or 10 I think. drat those were the days.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Platystemon posted:

Nine year old me would love to know more!

I'm just going to assume pine cone grenades were a universal kid thing, right?

Side note to the busy body lady that I just thought about. Remember that time you heard kids playing and talking about pine cones and you actually came up and corrected us and told us they were fir cones? Well I actually started to write pine/fir cones above, but the Hell with that, you weirdo. Congrats on somehow using up a couple of my brain cells with that memory though - what a weird rear end trick.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Tony Phillips posted:

I'm just going to assume pine cone grenades were a universal kid thing, right?

Side note to the busy body lady that I just thought about. Remember that time you heard kids playing and talking about pine cones and you actually came up and corrected us and told us they were fir cones? Well I actually started to write pine/fir cones above, but the Hell with that, you weirdo. Congrats on somehow using up a couple of my brain cells with that memory though - what a weird rear end trick.

You disappointed the cone.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Biplane posted:

You disappointed the crone.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

CzarChasm posted:

One day you shall be the crone.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."
The ultimate stick weapon though was a switch. A good springy one with the bark stripped off.:discourse:

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Ommin posted:

The ultimate stick weapon though was a switch. A good springy one with the bark stripped off.:discourse:

Okay grandpa

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

My friends and used to have sick wars. They went for sword types and I always went for giant limbs and tried to wield it like a big hammer or sythe. We did it once in front of my high school on st Charles avenue in New Orleans. Lol we beat the poo poo out of each other

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

Arrath posted:

Okay grandpa
I learned from the best.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shard posted:

My friends and used to have sick wars.

All wars are sick. Peace and love on planet earth :angel:

but yeah, love me a good stick.

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010
My one year old has just discovered the joy of stick:

Hit dad and laugh.
Whack stones.
Use to help stand up.
Tasty treat.
Menace seagulls.

Very proud of her.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
You mentioned seagulls and stick. I will never forget this

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

carrionman posted:

My one year old has just discovered the joy of stick:

Hit dad and laugh.
Whack stones.
Use to help stand up.
Tasty treat.
Menace seagulls.

Very proud of her.

The story of humanity in a nutshell.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

By popular demand posted:

The story of humanity in a nutshell.

Yeah I mean as that stick arcs around to wallop your ankle you can almost hear Also Sprach Zarathustra intermixed with the sociopathic toddler giggles

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I once caught a bunch of young boys at a party I was at playing with sticks. Instead of stopping them I taught them some basic Canne de combat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Tony Phillips posted:

Sticks that were thick and kind of hard for kids to lift became heavy weapons. The type of weapon and the sound effect made when using it depending on the shape. A stout log with protrusions at right angles might be a machine gun. A longer straight stick with a handle might be a bazooka.