Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

tsob posted:

If I had any idea how to change thread titles I'd probably update it to "Umm...Actually, I think you'll find it's just Dropout now and we discuss more than just Dimension 20".

Um, Actually, whichever mod changed the thread title forgot to say "um, actually" - no points for them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
New thread title is good and I get that there’s a character limit but personally I can’t get behind this Um, Actually erasure :colbert:

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
MIKE TRAPP: *voice dripping with pity* Thread title, you did not say Um, Actually.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

quote:

Um, actually it's just dropout now and we discuss more than just Dimension 20

:goonsay:

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
wow, what an embarrassing L for the mod :smug:

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Dropout: The Grant O'Brien Humiliation Station (feat. BLM)

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

YggiDee posted:

Starstruck hooked me about halfway through Sundry Sidney's introduction. I love her.

I've only watched one episode of Starstruck so far but it's main effect has been to make me realize just how bland the Starfield universe is by comparison. There's just so much flavor and personality in Starstruck, and Starfield seems to actively choose to pick the tamest option possible at every juncture.

Talorat fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Oct 3, 2023

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Inkspot posted:

The Grant O'Brien Humiliation Station (Featuring Black Lives Matter)

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
This is why some places will abbreviate Brennan to "BleeM."

Which just makes me think of a Dreamcast-era emulation platform, but whatever.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
blm is the bureau of land management, to me.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Grant O'Brien: 50

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

whydirt posted:

Grant O'Brien: 50

That can’t be right.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

CatstropheWaitress posted:

The Grant O'Brien Humiliation Station (Featuring Black Lives Matter)

They were here the whole time.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

"I'm...FIFTY?"

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Paracaidas posted:

Katie is a savage and this week's Breaking News is a masterclass.

As in Katie write this episode? The latest one I see is where they have to explain various things, and Katie isn’t one of the cast.

And it is a pretty funny one

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Kloaked00 posted:

As in Katie write this episode? The latest one I see is where they have to explain various things, and Katie isn’t one of the cast.

And it is a pretty funny one
Yup. Writer's name is the first thing across the teleprompter

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Inkspot posted:

True Facts about Grant Anthony O'Brien was a great episode of Breaking News, true.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Arrrthritis posted:

True Facts about Grant Anthony O'Brien was a great episode of Breaking News, true.

False. Part 2 is even better.

(Or anytime that Grant gets revenge on Sam)

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Megazver posted:

wow, what an embarrassing L for the mod :smug:

I have absolutely no idea what this thread is even about (is it a web series? a podcast? a YouTube channel with several different series on it? we may never know) so, um, actually, I don't feel too bad about it

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Yay the thread title is perfect now

DNE
Nov 24, 2007

OldSenileGuy posted:

I have absolutely no idea what this thread is even about (is it a web series? a podcast? a YouTube channel with several different series on it? we may never know) so, um, actually, I don't feel too bad about it

Oh! Yeah it's totally okay there's just a "smug pedantic nerd" themed gameshow on it, so people aren't correcting you thinking that it's actually embarrassing that you don't know, they're just playing up the kayfabe of it.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

OldSenileGuy posted:

It’s Diet Quibi

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

DNE posted:

Oh! Yeah it's totally okay there's just a "smug pedantic nerd" themed gameshow on it, so people aren't correcting you thinking that it's actually embarrassing that you don't know, they're just playing up the kayfabe of it.

*disappointed Trapp voice* You didn't say Um Actually.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

OldSenileGuy posted:

well you see dropout is a netflix

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

MikeJF posted:

Just remember not to eat Tide Pods.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

MikeJF posted:

It's basically a Patreon

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

MikeJF posted:

This is my favorite sketch ever.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Caught the first episode of Burrow's End:

Random speculation:
I'm not saying the villain of the season is Man, but... it might be Man. Anyway, here's some random thoughts because I haven't had enough time to form a coherent thesis:

- Blue is one of the more uncommon colors in nature, so it makes sense that it's being portrayed as an otherworldly thing here.
- With the stoats having Blue in their eyes and an implication that it plays some role in their burrow's founding may mean we have a rats of NIHM type situation, just a few generations removed so it's all been lost to legend...
- Having seem a few of Aabria's games, the mysterious gas is either going to completely unexplainable, or a very specifc, real thing that she can pull factoids out about later. Blue and a squeaky-noise immediately makes me think of some sort of plastic-based material, like a vinyl fabric or something. There are several plastic-related gases that can be quite deadly, although the combination of heavier-than-air, colored, and smelling of metal is not immediately coming to mind. Maybe she was writing this right after that train wreck in February that dumped all the plastic chemicals?

I thought the cast did a great job of immediately gelling. Excited to see where this goes!

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Bobulus posted:

Caught the first episode of Burrow's End:

Random speculation:
I'm not saying the villain of the season is Man, but... it might be Man. Anyway, here's some random thoughts because I haven't had enough time to form a coherent thesis:

- Blue is one of the more uncommon colors in nature, so it makes sense that it's being portrayed as an otherworldly thing here.
- With the stoats having Blue in their eyes and an implication that it plays some role in their burrow's founding may mean we have a rats of NIHM type situation, just a few generations removed so it's all been lost to legend...
- Having seem a few of Aabria's games, the mysterious gas is either going to completely unexplainable, or a very specifc, real thing that she can pull factoids out about later. Blue and a squeaky-noise immediately makes me think of some sort of plastic-based material, like a vinyl fabric or something. There are several plastic-related gases that can be quite deadly, although the combination of heavier-than-air, colored, and smelling of metal is not immediately coming to mind. Maybe she was writing this right after that train wreck in February that dumped all the plastic chemicals?

I thought the cast did a great job of immediately gelling. Excited to see where this goes!

Maybe Aabria watched Once Upon a Forest as a kid.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Trying to guess the 'thing' that made Aabria want to use d&d for this campaign. I notice that the player stats seen to be rolled instead of point-buy. Could it be as simple as that? The arbitraryness of nature means some characters are just going to be way more capable than others? Hmm...

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

bunnyofdoom posted:

False. Part 2 is even better.

(Or anytime that Grant gets revenge on Sam)

You weren't kidding!

Although I did just was "gently caress Austin Texas" and that was one of the most uncomfortable episodes i have ever seen.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Arrrthritis posted:

You weren't kidding!

Although I did just was "gently caress Austin Texas" and that was one of the most uncomfortable episodes i have ever seen.

If you want this episode spoiled.

She was an actor.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

If you want this episode spoiled.

She was an actor.

Knowing that made me feel slightly better about laughing, but it was beautifully cringe. I loved it.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

I haven't seen Game Changer before. I am enjoying it so far. That's my post.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
some of the stuff on certain eps is unexpected and fun imo

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Lily du is goddamn fearless

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Not much talk here about the new d20 run, but all the social media stuff I'm seeing implies that something wild is going to happen in today's episode.

There's video of the cast seeing the (offcamera) battlemap and flipping out, and apparently this episode will have a tag for 'LOTS of body horror'.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
The cast flipping out over the battle map is warranted. Holy loving poo poo.

Alkanos
Jul 20, 2009

Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fht-YAWN
Aabria: "Oh, you didn't beat my roll." :aaaaa:

Also that map was incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

This Dirty Laundry with the drag queens is really great.

Also not gonna spend the time to make at Queens Punch, too much effort