Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Sydin posted:

Also like, not to swerve into kinkshaming or anything but even if Bauer is telling the truth and everything he did with every girl was 100% consensual all around, that in order to get off Bauer needs to beat the poo poo out of his partner says all you need to know about him and what kind of person he is, I think.

I can believe Bauer uses whatever website/app to find something for his kink, but there's clearly been a violation of consent. That's a big difference, and reason enough to toss the guy into a volcano regardless of whatever he does in bed.

mcmagic posted:

I shouldn't have even posted the bauer poo poo. It's a waste of time. Sorry thread.

Being open to discuss things and reframe your thinking is never a bad idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Popete posted:

This should probably just be a thread policy at this point. There isn't much left to be said about it.

If mcmagic gets probated for being rational and making a good decision online, then probate me too

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I'm not saying mcmagic should be probed I'm saying we should probably just stop talking about Trevor Bauer in this thread.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

mcmagic posted:

I shouldn't have even posted the bauer poo poo. It's a waste of time. Sorry thread.

it's unfortunate timing for hard-to-avoid baseball news. Fortunately we have a playoff game in five minutes so we can let the news cycle move on!

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Yeah instead let's talk about all this Alonso to the Cubs smoke, which Niwrad brought up yesterday and I thought sounded crazy but now there's a ton more of it today:

https://twitter.com/BleacherNation/status/1709270907699507674

If there are really any legs to this it's kinda odd because you'd probably need to give up actual guys for Alonso, but he's only got a year of control left and has been on record that he's expecting a ridiculously expensive extension through like his age 40 season or whatever.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Sign Cody instead

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Popete posted:

Sign Cody instead

I think the hope would be both, since Pete wouldn't be too cash-heavy

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Why are the Mets dumping Alonso again?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Because they're the Mets

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

Eric the Mauve posted:

Because they're the Mets

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Popete posted:

Sign Cody instead

I'm pretty convinced at this point Cody is gone. Both Jed and Ricketts fielded questions about re-signing him in very neutral terms, pretty much "yeah he was really good for us but we'll see what happens in FA." Compare to Hendricks, who both not only showered praise on but all but said at a minimum they'd pick his option up but would preferably try to work out a longer extension.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Sydin posted:

I'm pretty convinced at this point Cody is gone. Both Jed and Ricketts fielded questions about re-signing him in very neutral terms, pretty much "yeah he was really good for us but we'll see what happens in FA." Compare to Hendricks, who both not only showered praise on but all but said at a minimum they'd pick his option up but would preferably try to work out a longer extension.

I don't think any of this is unreasonable, Kyle is a decision that is ours alone to make if we want it and Cody is not.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Edited because Bauer stuff is OVER.

To commend McMagic's personal growth I will say this - fire Cashman.

Sab0921 fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Oct 3, 2023

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

https://twitter.com/bmccarthy32/status/1709236992519901409

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

mcmagic posted:

Why are the Mets dumping Alonso again?

Why keep Pete Alonso who only plays one position when you could have Christopher Morel who plays many positions?

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Red posted:

Cubs fans should be furious Kyle is not in Chicago

I feel like Red after Andy breaks out of Shawshank

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Red posted:

Here's the thing, though: There was more than one woman involved, and each had similar claims of extreme/visible injury and trauma. There are photos of bruising, and so on.

So. Are we being asked to believe that each case involved a woman who asked Bauer to have violent sex with them, then changed their story and tried to squeeze him for money?

And crucially, none of this matters to the individual TRO being requested by that particular woman.

If she did not have enough evidence to convince the judge there was anything there, they would have been unlikely to grant the TRO. (That's a broad generalization, please note.)

Edit: okay I'll leave this up but nobody respond

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Where would Cody play if they trade for Alonso, assuming PCA is up all year?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

more falafel please posted:

I'd imagine Bellinger can play left

Bregor
May 31, 2013

more falafel please posted:

Yeah they won't trade for Alonso or re-sign Belli, lol

BUT!

If they did, I'd assume PCA is bound for Iowa. Otherwise then Belli could move to LF and Happ DH.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
The problem was you lost some guys with WS experience that could have held the ship together. Bring back Hosmer and Mancini for that veteran edge

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
In a dream scenario where the Cubs got Alonso and brought back Bellinger, you can push somebody to DH. Probably either Alonso or one of Suzuki/Happ with Cody sliding over to corner OF.

Hoyer talked specifically about wanting to find a specific, long term defensive position for Morel and the only one really open for him right now is 3B, so I think they're really going to try hard to make him work there next year.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

mcmagic posted:

No, actually, I really loving appreciate it because my friends are talking about it and I could find no loving information anywhere that wasnt just the tweet in question. So I ask about it on other venues and im immediately called a rapist-enabler. Thank you for taking all the knives in the back from people trying to score internet points so I could get the skinny on it.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I am happy my good, beefy friend Kyle Schwarber is somewhere he's loved and appreciated for what he brings to the clubhouse. Especially the huge massive dongs he blasts.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Alonso absolutely demolished the Cubs this year, so I say if you can't beat em, sign em

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Bellinger stays, and Alonso and Ohtani to Wrigleyville this off season? Many people are saying this.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I would refer you to Bregor's avatar for more information on that phenomenon.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

maffew buildings posted:

Bellinger stays, and Alonso and Ohtani to Wrigleyville this off season? Many people are saying this.

:hmmyes:

Eric the Mauve posted:

I would refer you to Bregor's avatar for more information on that phenomenon.

A goon can dream

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Sydin posted:

Yeah instead let's talk about all this Alonso to the Cubs smoke, which Niwrad brought up yesterday and I thought sounded crazy but now there's a ton more of it today:

https://twitter.com/BleacherNation/status/1709270907699507674

If there are really any legs to this it's kinda odd because you'd probably need to give up actual guys for Alonso, but he's only got a year of control left and has been on record that he's expecting a ridiculously expensive extension through like his age 40 season or whatever.

I don't think they'd want Alonso long term. He's just a one year filler since they'll be losing Bellinger. If they're bad, they can trade him at the deadline and get back some of what they gave up.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

pete alonso soriano

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Frontline has a 90-minute doc on the 2010's Astros up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNU64BVw95g

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Sydin posted:

Hoyer talked specifically about wanting to find a specific, long term defensive position for Morel and the only one really open for him right now is 3B, so I think they're really going to try hard to make him work there next year.

Morel is incapable of fielding a ball and throwing it in a direction that doesn't land in Schaumburg or Naperville. He is an absolute defensive butcher.

LongTimeFirstTime
Sep 29, 2021
Just wanted to let the Mariners, Cubs, and Mets fans know that some of us miss you over in the playoffs thread. Oh, what coulda been.

Nodoze posted:

Boone is really whatever at his job, but he isn't the problem so ultimately it doesn't actually matter if he is there or not. It's really obvious he is just there more or less as a puppet/yes man for the guys upstairs and his only real job is to manage the locker room and go out there and be a human shield for the media

A real Straw Boss, basically.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

LongTimeFirstTime posted:

Just wanted to let the Mariners, Cubs, and Mets fans know that some of us miss you over in the playoffs thread. Oh, what coulda been.

A real Straw Boss, basically.

The playoff thread is a myth.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

R.D. Mangles posted:

pete alonso soriano

I look forward to him jacking dongs to lead off games.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lol if you think I won't cubspost in the playoff thread about former Cubs, teams I don't like because of the Cubs, etc.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

https://twitter.com/PitchingNinja/status/1709401799923298431

Rationale: Kimbrel hates having a guy on second and having to look at him

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

R.D. Mangles posted:

lol if you think I won't cubspost in the playoff thread about former Cubs, teams I don't like because of the Cubs, etc.

the Cubsposting has yet to truly begin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Red posted:

https://twitter.com/PitchingNinja/status/1709401799923298431

Rationale: Kimbrel hates having a guy on second and having to look at him

Jansen did basically just that a while back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJaIoryOXYw