Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
I love the habs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL
Sens waived JBD, keeping Max Guenette on the roster as 7th D over him and Thomson. Would be funny - and a giant indictment of their scouting - if they lost their back-to-back 2018 and 2019 1st round RD picks to waivers in the same week in favour of a 7th rounder from the same draft years. I don’t think JBD has much of an NHL skill set, but I did think Thomson had outplayed the other RD hopefuls.

Sens also waived Sokolov, which is a shame. He’s put up ~.8 PPG in the AHL for the past 3 years and looked like he’d improved his skating and effort level enough to earn a roster spot this year. The Sens had godawful bottom 6 scoring last year, and I can’t imagine he’d be a worse option on the 4th line than Parker Kelly. I hope another team picks him up and gives him a chance on their 3rd line, because I could see him lasting a few years in the NHL as a middle 6 Nick Ritchie type.

e: and if they waived Sokolov to give the corpse of Josh Bailey a roster spot this year, after Sokolov far outplayed him in preseason, then woof. Pierre Dorion can’t GTFO fast enough.

bub spank fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Oct 3, 2023

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Propaganda Hour posted:

I love the habs

i love my little losers

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Insane how bad the Sens prospect pool is, tough to stay competitive when you haven’t hit on a pick since the 2020 draft. Drafting was supposed to be this management teams strong suit too, just disgraceful. Between 2016 and 2019 the only first rounder still on the team is Brady Tkachuk

Sokolov will probably never be anything more than a 4th liner, but he’s still better than Parker Kelly and Zack MacEwan

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
I saw a lot of people saying these stats are confusing and/or wrong or show weird or whatever.

That is all correct. I would not take these at face value or anything other than fun.

That said. Some hot takes today.

““Aside from that, Colorado’s only other problem is the team’s inexplicable love affair with Jack Johnson who unsurprisingly enters the season with the lowest projected Net Rating in the league. “

“At a minus-12 Net Rating, Reaves is tied for the biggest lineup detriment in the league.”

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
the leafs could play for a cup

or they could play ryan reaves

all the gms know what they're picking!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The only thing worse than the charts is the image host you're using.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

fawning deference posted:

I can't wait for this Devils season to start jfc

I am activating my disloyal fan powers and will probably watch more Devils than Caps this year. They are extremely fun.

e: look at this poo poo

https://twitter.com/NJDevils/status/1709002300474147143

Chad Sexington fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Oct 3, 2023

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I'm sure a young fast fun team coached by Lindy Ruff will never end in tears

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Just posting this in here as the draft is tonight and I need to fill the spot, but I have one spot in our longest running goon fantasy hockey league (14 years!). Let me know (pm/post/whatever) if you're interested.

I have another spot in a league we just started last year as well (less investment than the above league which is a somewhat deep/nerdy one). Let me know if you'd be interested in that as well.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/JacketsInsider/status/1709221352421351570?t=7WC-PFHM-6RR2NK58OhlaA&s=19

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Eric the Mauve posted:

I'm sure a young fast fun team coached by Lindy Ruff will never end in tears

Lindy is cool and good and we all love him and never wanted him fired ever.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

mcmagic posted:

Lindy is cool and good and we all love him and never wanted him fired ever.

The SORRY LINDY chants last season were so heartwarming. Whoever thought sports fans from Jersey could be so friendly?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Mr. Fish posted:

The SORRY LINDY chants last season were so heartwarming. Whoever thought sports fans from Jersey could be so friendly?

People just wanna win bro.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

We have an Alain Vigneault at home.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Trevor Zegras wears #11, signed with 11 days left until season opener.

Jamie Drysdale wears #6 ...:tinfoil:

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Matt Zerella posted:

A friend of mine just got into hockey last year (Devils, nasty, unacceptable).

I need help because I'm going insane.

If you asked what the score was and someone said (exactly like this)

"Y'all empty netted"

What would you think happened?

That's awesome.

Y'all empty netted but we still puckin'.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Re: Pens chat, I follow the squad (and sport in general) with far less passion than I did from '90-'15, so I rely on posts by Rex, Ginette, Mauve, Svejk, Carver, etc to keep me informed on the little things, and my opinion is barely worth mentioning. But gently caress it, just post:

I can't see them securing a top-3 Metro placement, even if they are the healthiest team ever. Assuming the old guys get banged up occasionally but don't suffer LTIR-tier injuries, I think they'll end up in the same #7-#10 bubble zone as last year, and them making it into the playoffs will be less about themselves and more about the rivals. Will 1+ of Buffalo, Ottawa, etc take a solid step forward and cement themselves as a playoff presence? Will 1+ of Florida, Tampa, etc regress due to injuries & age?

It's unfortunate that the current playoff format essentially eliminates any chance of a fluke Pens-Caps series before the big names retire.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Seems like a lot of these supposed to be predictive metrics are killing the Devils for losing Severson.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

mcmagic posted:

Seems like a lot of these supposed to be predictive metrics are killing the Devils for losing Severson.

Losing Severson and Graves. Bahl needs to become a top four D, Hughes need to have a ln impact from the start. Colin Miller? Nemec? It's fair to think there are now question marks on the defense, but I think Bahl will be good and Hughes will be very good in their elevated roles.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
https://twitter.com/amandacstein/status/1709244545257398575/photo/1

interesting lines today, wonder if Nemec is getting a longer look than expected

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Hell of a top 9

Defense could break either way and the goaltending should be good enough.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

T-Bone posted:

I know it's her schtick but drat if that isn't perfect handwriting

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

You hope the devils aren't building a team that is going to slay in the regular season but whose play style doesn't translate to the playoffs. At least they have the assets to tweak the roster if they really need to.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's not what I hope at all.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

They're pretty tight salary-wise this season. Granted I don't know how the hell accumulation works come deadline day so maybe that changes, or some injuries break their way very conveniently
otherwise they need someone to bail them out of that Palat contract to do anything meaningful mid-season

but come next summer they do have plenty of room to adjust things

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Here are some bluesky invite codes.

bsky-social-52q74-bt42c
bsky-social-pgnlv-ng7js
bsky-social-6murb-jsqaz

All I ask is that you recommend good hockey accounts to follow. Also post if you take one.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Hell of a top 9

Defense could break either way and the goaltending should be good enough.

Schmid is fine. Just play him 55 games and leave him alone.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

The only thing worse than the charts is the image host you're using.

I’ll bite, what’s wrong with the website ?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Duckman2008 posted:

I’ll bite, what’s wrong with the website ?

It was down this morning for a while with a 405 error.

larkko
Oct 4, 2008

deoju posted:

bsky-social-52q74-bt42c
bsky-social-pgnlv-ng7js
bsky-social-6murb-jsqaz

All I ask is that you recommend good hockey accounts to follow. Also post if you take one.
Appreciate it! Grabbed the last one.

Shayna Goldman does awesome work on the Athletic and has been one of my favorite follows on the hell-bird app (@hayyyshayyy.bsky.social), same with Prashanth Iyer (@prashanthiyer.bsky.social).

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Mind_Taker posted:

I know it's her schtick but drat if that isn't perfect handwriting

That’s not perfect! The r in Kallgren is floating!

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

T-Bone posted:

Was wondering about Nemec too. Smith has been terrible and Miller has been kind of uninspiring. Maybe they feel Nemec might be their best 6th D option.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
put mercer with hischier you cowards

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL

deoju posted:

bsky-social-52q74-bt42c
bsky-social-pgnlv-ng7js
bsky-social-6murb-jsqaz

I grabbed code 1. I’ll add some recommendations after I’ve had a chance to find some of the accounts I was following on twitter

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
alright who grabbed the middle code :argh:

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
first come first serve

bsky-social-fcdvb-rq62f

Nybble fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Oct 3, 2023

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Nybble posted:

first come first serve

bsky-social-fcdvb-rq62f

Took it, thanks

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Christ at this rate he may start the season
https://twitter.com/PensInsideScoop/status/1709239971238887732?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

ok, so I know he's bad at hockey and also a shithead but I love Max Domi's stupid giant toothless smile