Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Keir Starmer's Net Zero 2024.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010
Meanwhile the lib dems will all have very progressive policies and then align themselves with the tories in exchange for a sausage roll

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.

Falcorum posted:

Meanwhile the lib dems will all have very progressive policies and then align themselves with the tories in exchange for a sausage roll

means-tested *

franco
Jan 3, 2003

Guavanaut posted:

https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-services/covid-19-services/covid-19-vaccination-services/book-covid-19-vaccination/ is the booking link, however it's worth checking what you're getting once there as

Wicked, thank you! Will check what goodies they might be handing out.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Apraxin posted:

having some trouble deciding whether to lol or scream
https://twitter.com/Conservatives/status/1709207218027934071

lol

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
I haven't seen it mentioned, but the Tories' candidate for London Mayor was also out being a mask-off racist moron and saying the quiet bit out loud earlier:

quote:

The Conservative London mayoral candidate Susan Hall has been criticised for suggesting Jewish people are scared by Sadiq Khan.
She accused London's mayor of having a "divisive attitude", which she said "frightened" some Jewish Londoners.
The comments by Mrs Hall, made at a Conservative Friends of Israel event, have been branded as "dog-whistle politics" by the Jewish Labour Group.
Mrs Hall told the Conservative Friends of Israel event that she intended to make London a "safer" place for "everybody".
She said Mr Khan - who is aiming to secure a record third term at next year's mayoral election - was "divisive", and that she knew "how frightened some of the community is" as a result.
"I will ask for as much help as I can get in London because we need to defeat him," she said of her opponent, adding: "Particularly for our Jewish community."

The Board of Deputies, Labour Friends of Israel and everyone's favourite Jewish MP have been vocally denouncing her.
She really doesn't want the job, does she?

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I'm starting to feel these Conservative types might be bad news.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

thankfully labour are "the real conservatives" now so we should be all good.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

An acquaintance of my friend who lives in a caravan in the woods has just been telling us how the word “parliament” comes from “a parley of men” and if you simply refuse the offer of parley, they have literally no power over you. Apparently you can use this to inform the police why it’s not possible for them to arrest you, but I assume we can also use it to just ignore the tories from now on?

I didn’t mention that I’m booked to have my fifth covid jab, it’d only upset them.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I am appalled that nobody has posted "the spades are out digging the grave for HS2 to be buried in" yet.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Sanford posted:

An acquaintance of my friend who lives in a caravan in the woods has just been telling us how the word “parliament” comes from “a parley of men” and if you simply refuse the offer of parley, they have literally no power over you.
That's why the actual power of parliament is vested in the mace, which comes from the Latin matia, meaning "a heavy club that can split your head open."

Klepsie
Aug 9, 2019

What if there were no rhetorical questions?

Tesla was right posted:

My friend took some photos of him when they met him at Conclave of Chaos and has been holding onto them in case of a memorial. I think they include him getting into sword fights. Do you want me to post them here?

I'd love to see them.

BTW, pardon my ignorance; will any bluescreens be posted in the megathread, or is there a separate thread for such?

Klepsie
Aug 9, 2019

What if there were no rhetorical questions?

Camrath posted:

Jesus Christ. My best friend is a poet called Sandra Bond (who’s also published two awesome novels and has a book of poems coming out this winter.. actually now I think about it I think she has an account here and posted in a previous UKMT).

Anyway, totally sent her this with a ‘this you?’.

Just found this. *sniff*

And no, it bloody was not me. Sandra-Bond-from-Derby is a genuine headache for me. I've even had some git contact me via my website form to mock her efforts - sure they're dire but it's a dick move to send hate mail over a poem, ffs.

Didn't help that her first poem to go viral was about rail strikes, and one of mine is also about rail strikes.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/JoshGafson1/status/1709224529367593029

I didn't realise he was ejected offsite

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Apraxin posted:

https://twitter.com/Conservatives/status/1709207218027934071

What the gently caress are they even talking about? What wokeness in science are they railing against?

Wait, do they just want to us genetics to justify racism and sexism?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
I can't help but feel this desperate culture war bollocks is gonna turn off a lot of normal voters. I bet a big majority of tory voters don't even know what woke is and don't care

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I'm not even sure that I do now. Something to do with being pro nouns and against alkaline biology.

Scientastic posted:

Yes.

Also science is saying different things to what it said in 1963. Why do they keep changing it? What are they up to?

With a possible bit of a side wink to the people mad about Katalin Karikó winning a Nobel for mRNA vaccine research, but all of those people think that Sunak is a WEF lizard person.

Tesla was right
Apr 3, 2009

Whats with all the robot sex avatars?

Klepsie posted:

I'd love to see them.

BTW, pardon my ignorance; will any bluescreens be posted in the megathread, or is there a separate thread for such?
Here's the pictures my friend took of him.

My friend commented that they loved his smirk on the last photo - where he saw that they were taking pictures and was having too much fun to possibly be embarrassed :unsmith:.

I don't know of any separate thread, so I'll post what I have here.

I made a transparent cut-out of him
(apologies if imgur has mangled the transparency)

and I tried photoshopping him into a few sword fights

I was genuinely touched that he recognised me when I visited him at the stockport market, and I'm glad I had the chance to meet him.

Edit: I made something more traditional, too

Here's a cut-out

and here fudjit is boasting a food hygeine certificate on ferrix

Tesla was right fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Oct 3, 2023

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
sure is a lot of red meat being flung around at Conference

agreed that it seems unwise, but perhaps Nerissa Chesterfield (the new press secretary) as a Cummings protege believes in the power of attacking aging consensuses as political fodder

or maybe amidst CON disarray, "when in doubt - Australia" is just the go-to in the vacuum left by the collapse of Cameronism

(Brexit was arguably subject to other dynamics though - and probably if it had been tried a few years earlier or a few years later it would not have worked - still, trying yesterday's strategy on today's challenges is hardly novel as politics goes)

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Scientastic posted:

What the gently caress are they even talking about? What wokeness in science are they railing against?

probably that too, but between the singling out of 'biology' and the way seemingly every speaker at the conference has gone out of their way to throw out a few lines on 'we know what a woman is!!!' or 'unlike keir starmer we know a man can never be a woman!!!' even if they're talking about international trade links or whatever, in the immediate term i'm pretty sure they mean 'woke = saying trans people are real/valid'

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
No longer will I have to use the correct pronouns for my conical flask

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Klepsie posted:

Just found this. *sniff*

And no, it bloody was not me. Sandra-Bond-from-Derby is a genuine headache for me. I've even had some git contact me via my website form to mock her efforts - sure they're dire but it's a dick move to send hate mail over a poem, ffs.

Didn't help that her first poem to go viral was about rail strikes, and one of mine is also about rail strikes.

lmao

I mean my condolences

grobbo
May 29, 2014

Scientastic posted:

Those dirty scientists will have to start obeying the immutable binary of biological sex. From now on, worms are boys, snails are girls.

There's nothing, it's purely in anticipation of a future press opportunity. Donelan saw that Gillian Keegan could make headlines by sternly ordering enquiries into That School Where Maybe A Kid Thought She Was A Cat, just like Braverman could get the Mail's approval by telling the police off for investigating golliwogs, and Sunak could somehow get away with declaring that speed limits are Enemies of the People. This is how you get ahead in 2023, which is why Kemi Badenoch is now somehow a viable leadership candidate.

In turn, Donelan correctly believes she can raise her political profile by declaring an investigation into Crimes of Politicised Academic Wokeness at some point in the future once they've found a university fracas involving TERFs to get people mad about.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Apraxin posted:

as with most things in uk politics the correct answer is to first laugh, then gradually turn the laugh into a scream, then after about ten minutes of that let your tormented soul induce your flesh into some form of unholy transformation based on your favourite body horror media. Think I'll go for Akira

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

quote:

UK could rent space in foreign jails to ease shortage of cells
‘Half-baked’ plan unveiled at Tory conference is a sign of failure to tackle problem of overcrowding, say Labour and reformers
x

Hmm, I wonder if Labour led by the former DPP will look into why the UK has so many people in prison compared to most of the EU

quote:

“Labour will get on top of the prison crisis by delivering all 20,000 prison places we need, driving down the courts backlog by increasing the number of crown prosecutors to put criminals behind bars

Ah,

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Apraxin posted:

probably that too, but between the singling out of 'biology' and the way seemingly every speaker at the conference has gone out of their way to throw out a few lines on 'we know what a woman is!!!' or 'unlike keir starmer we know a man can never be a woman!!!' even if they're talking about international trade links or whatever, in the immediate term i'm pretty sure they mean 'woke = saying trans people are real/valid'

Yeah that was my read too. I've said it before but if some of these "it's just biology 101" people took biology 201 they would be in for a rude shock finding out all the things organisms get up to when it comes to sex. Human gender innovation have nothing on what evolution has already wrought.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

sinky posted:

Hmm, I wonder if Labour led by the former DPP will look into why the UK has so many people in prison compared to most of the EU

Just assumed it was British people loved doing crimes

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
will they be adding a new Anti-Wokery Office that all UK scientists will have to send their papers to before publication to be checked for any implication that the world is more complicated than a 1900s book for children

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Renewed Calls For CERN To Be Defunded After Scientists Claim To Discover "Wokon" Particle That "Transitions" From One Kind To Another

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/BethRigby/status/1709267341391909200

:toot:

The London Assembly chair who was ejected from Cruella's speech posted this for sympathy.
https://twitter.com/AndrewBoff/status/1709258149637640449

https://twitter.com/SuellaBraverman/status/1709242272955478492

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Oct 3, 2023

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

In before "HS2 is being extended to inverness (on normal track)"

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
HS2 is being extended to inverness (on rail replacement bus)

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Guavanaut posted:

HS2 is being extended to inverness (on rail replacement taxi fleet)

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

fuctifino posted:

The London Assembly chair who was ejected from Cruella's speech posted this for sympathy.
https://twitter.com/AndrewBoff/status/1709258149637640449

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-Mnp6VAmEc

(Guess most of you are way too young to remember this tv show which I used to like as a kid - though it's not aimed at kids. Ed. Probably now I get why noone gets me when I do a pantomime of snapping a sword across my thigh).

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Oct 3, 2023

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/implausibleblog/status/1709211049595936931

:allears:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

kingturnip posted:

I haven't seen it mentioned, but the Tories' candidate for London Mayor was also out being a mask-off racist moron and saying the quiet bit out loud earlier:

The Board of Deputies, Labour Friends of Israel and everyone's favourite Jewish MP have been vocally denouncing her.
She really doesn't want the job, does she?

What are they mad at, gimmick infringement?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
The Tories are actively briefing against Sunak now. Lmao.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Microplastics posted:

Renewed Calls For CERN To Be Defunded After Scientists Claim To Discover "Wokon" Particle That "Transitions" From One Kind To Another

Wokon, wooooookooooonnnn,

YOU'LL NEVVAH WOKE ALOOOOOOOOOOONE!

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

So who do you think we are going to get next as our caretaker dictator?

Will there be a Tory leadership election, if so will it be a members vote or a Tory MPs vote?

Or will deputy PM Oliver Dowden become the default choice until the next GE? If he's the choice, then that might explain his weird entrance to the conference:

https://twitter.com/ashoswai/status/1708598107422748934

We may still be on the funniest timeline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

He's going to marry the corpse of queen liz and become elden lord.