Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MJeff posted:

So what the gently caress has Cody actually done since beating Brock?

Beat The Judgment Day on tv and house shows a whole lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

He's about to lose a tag title shot.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

TheKingslayer posted:

Yeah but what's his gimmick gonna be?

https://youtu.be/UQnkNunZgC8

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

MJeff posted:

So what the gently caress has Cody actually done since beating Brock?

In terms of matches it's just Judgment Day stuff, but he's the center of the Jey storyline, which will probably lead to a feud with Drew. I assume he'll beat Drew then move on to SmackDown as the "trade" for Jey.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I get the feeling they'll try to make BPJ have the loose cannon gimmick.

Except there's no way he can pull that off.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Codependent Poster posted:

He sucks so bad, it's more like a loose stool gimmick.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Majinfoose posted:

He sucks so bad, it's more like a loose stool gimmick.

Loose stool is CM Punks gimmick

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

The Lose Cannon.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Graves: The MAVERICK is charging up the Lose Cannon! If he hits this it's over!

*dust clears, Pillman Jr lies completely dead in the center of the ring*

Cole: Mercifully, it's over

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

His loose cannon gimmick will be pulled from a notebook of vinces unused ideas for wacky ambrose

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

The Loser Cannon, Beepie Jr

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

weekly font posted:

His loose cannon gimmick will be pulled from a notebook of vinces unused ideas for wacky ambrose

It's gonna be this. He'll be throwing food at people and whacking them with dirty mops and stuff. If they feel really creative he'll start talking to a houseplant or a ventriloquist dummy or something.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Lamuella posted:

The Loser Cannon

It’s called the codyvator

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

History Comes Inside! posted:

Al device that will get you about three quarters of the way to the top.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
Brian "Lunatic Fringe" Pillman Jr.

Do it WWE.

Do it :yeshaha:

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

History Comes Inside! posted:

Isn't it the the Spreygboard?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Codependent Poster posted:

beepie gets thrown out of the ring at the start of the royal rumble, grabs the mic, and tells vince that he respects him (booker man)

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
“Tonight I’m gonna whip out my Johnson!”

*Big Dick Johnson comes out and dances with Beepee*

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

BeePie Disaster with the Deepwater Horizslam

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Beat The Judgment Day on tv and house shows a whole lot

Building a wargames match against Judgement Day in the most predictable way possible.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Trying posted:

BeePie Disaster with the Deepwater Horizslam

lol

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

jackofarcades posted:

In terms of matches it's just Judgment Day stuff, but he's the center of the Jey storyline, which will probably lead to a feud with Drew. I assume he'll beat Drew then move on to SmackDown as the "trade" for Jey.

Yeah, as much as I've joked about LA Knight overtaking him, it seems more likely Knight is the program for Blood Money Part 389, and we're still loosely on track for Cody/Roman 2 at Mania, unless the SAG strike isn't resolved by next April and Dwayne needs a payday to bail out the XFL's debts.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Gaz-L posted:

Yeah, as much as I've joked about LA Knight overtaking him, it seems more likely Knight is the program for Blood Money Part 389, and we're still loosely on track for Cody/Roman 2 at Mania, unless the SAG strike isn't resolved by next April and Dwayne needs a payday to bail out the XFL's debts.

Given the USFL and XFL are merging, expect The Rock to be on a few Smackdown episodes to appease the owners of the former (News Corp)

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Liquid Communism posted:

Reins, Orton, Cody... I know Bray's corpse is cold enough by now they've forgotten him, but still, you think they'd remember the guys on the top of the card.

Usos/Solo, Nattie and Dom also exist, but I guess Dom can go in the David flair category.

And then there's NXT guys like Rock and Steiner's kids.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

They're totally going to have change Beepie's name, right? I can't imagine WWE wanting people to google "Brian Pillman" and getting the results of the infamous Vince interviewing his mother, right?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

fizzy posted:

Good news for WWE - Through WWE's signing of Brian Pillman, Jr., WWE has just deprived their competitor AEW of a pro-wrestling prodigy, an aspiring Superstar, a world-class athlete, a youngster who is only 30 years old, who possesses arguably even more athletic ability than his father, who has all the tools necessary to become the next big thing in WWE, who showed off his rare talent during his time in other promotions, who represents the past, present, and future of wrestling, who is a WWE Superstar that is the total package, combining the best parts of his father's legacy with his own unique in-ring style, and who just gave the world another reason to stay glued to NXT on Tuesday nights.

https://www.usanetwork.com/usa-insider/who-is-brian-pillman-jr-everything-to-know-wwe-nxt

Brian Pillman, Jr. Appears in WWE's NXT: Here's Why Fans Should Be Excited
By Chris Phelan Oct 2, 2023
3:27 PM ET

The rumors are true: Brian Pillman, Jr. is the latest pro wrestling prodigy to make the jump to WWE!

Following in the footsteps of megastar-in-the-making Jade Cargill is Pillman, Jr., who eagle-eyed members of the WWE Universe noticed making a blink-and-you-missed-it appearance during NXT No Mercy on September 30:

It's yet another savvy signing by WWE as they pluck yet another aspiring Superstar away from the competition and welcome another world-class athlete to the WWE locker room. Here's why the WWE Universe should be excited for the eventual in-ring debut of Brian Pillman, Jr.!

Who Is Brian Pillman, Jr.?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPusp3-Tt_A

The video Pillman is shown watching in the above teaser is alluding to his heritage; he is the son of the late, great Brian Pillman, one of the most physically talented and unpredictable WWE Superstars of all time!

To put it simply, the youngster (Pillman, Jr. is only 30 years old) has WWE Superstar DNA running through his veins. Whereas many WWE Superstars have had children who attempted to follow in their footsteps (Ric Flair's son David stands out as the most obvious example), none have had the physical tools Brian Pillman, Jr. has. Possessing arguably even more athletic ability than his father, he has all the tools necessary to become the next big thing in WWE.

The significance of WWE signing him is not lost on the wrestling world. Although Pillman showed off his rare talent during his time in other promotions, wrestling fans and critics alike always felt he would be better suited in a WWE ring. Polishing his skills in the Performance Center and getting in the ring against the up-and-coming talent in NXT for the foreseeable future will do wonders for his career, eventually setting the stage for a debut on the main roster.

Of course, Brian Pillman, Jr.'s name is one of the reasons WWE took an interest in signing him in the first place. His father tragically died in 1997 but left behind one of the most lasting legacies in wrestling history.

Who Was Brian Pillman In WWE?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR5dsW5cfv8

Due to injuries suffered in a near-fatal automobile accident, the elder Pillman made a name for himself in WWE due to constantly being part of unhinged and shocking moments, not necessarily anything that happened inside the ring. Unfortunately, Pillman was on the wrong end of one of these moments during a 1996 episode of Monday Night Raw:

Moments like this led to him earning his WWE nickname of "The Loose Cannon" when, a few weeks later, he pulled a gun on Stone Cold when the latter invaded Pillman's home! Never one to shy away from controversy, Brian Pillman's WWE career was filled with controversy, and looking back, he was one of the flag bearers of the Attitude Era.

Before he signed with WWE (and before he had a short stint in ECW, filled with moments too extreme to link to here), Brian Pillman pioneered an entire wrestling style in WCW. Pillman was considered among the few Superstars to meld the Japanese high-flying style successfully with American light heavyweight action. To put it bluntly, Brian Pillman put the soon-to-be WCW cruiserweight division on the map:

(Seeing Brian Pillman battle Jushin "Thunder" Liger in the early 90s is mind-boggling, considering Liger made an iconic appearance in NXT in 2020. Some competitors genuinely stand the test of time.)

Brian Pillman, Jr. represents the past, present, and future of wrestling. However, signing a WWE contract with such high expectations for your career can not always work out how a wrestler would like – just because your father was one of the most exciting Superstars ever doesn't mean you are automatically granted that same spotlight. Like Jade Cargill, Brian Pillman, Jr. has to understand that the WWE represents the major leagues – the spotlight will never be brighter, but unfortunately, it can shine on low points just as much as the highlights.

For the WWE Universe, one question remains: Are the late Brian Pillman's shoes too big to fill for his son? Will Brian Pillman, Jr. blaze his own trail? Or will the 30-year-old present the wrestling world with the best-case scenario: a WWE Superstar that is the total package, combining the best parts of his father's legacy with his own unique in-ring style?

Regardless, Brian Pillman, Jr. just gave the world another reason to stay glued to NXT on Tuesday nights.

sounds like the new mox, better rebrand him as dean ambrose

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

NXT name generator working overtime

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

wow. no borsch mulgi? no munfus burrbo?

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

ah good to see all my favorite wrestlers: it's a dame, not arianna grande, russia vodkinski

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

lol

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
Beepie's gonna trick Vince into shoot firing him but then realise no one else wants him.

idgi

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

lol

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

lol

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!