Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

madeintaipei posted:

Yesterday I saw the biggest one ever. It crawled up
my arm when I wasn't looking, I brushed it off onto the floor, where a gigantic wolf spider rushed out from under the couch and grabbed it..

I want you to lay down suppressing fire with the incinerators and fall back by squads to the APC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

lol that's awesome.

Give Curious George the role of astrobiologist.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Whenever I see a sentence that begins with "True," I hear it in Rue Mclanahan's voice from starship troopers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zUTfVgbsCE&t=38s

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Whenever I see a sentence that begins with "True," I hear it in Rue Mclanahan's voice from starship troopers.

:lol: Yeah, same.

Blanch sure changed. :(

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
A little penis comes out of your urethra when you wear that.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I say we take it off then nuke the site from orbit

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

The little lock is a nice touch

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I think the lock is the point?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
How much of the host does the chestburster absorb? As in you get in a paralyzed human, does the xeno come out and has mobility issues?

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

I got a bad feeling about this.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Cowslips Warren posted:

How much of the host does the chestburster absorb? As in you get in a paralyzed human, does the xeno come out and has mobility issues?

I doubt that. But what about different species? Is a Xeno from a human the same as from a monkey, or a dog?

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

That looks like it would be really cold.

Oh and I just had a thought about jizz being the xeno saliva so now you do too.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Red Rox posted:

That looks like it would be really cold.

Oh and I just had a thought about jizz being the xeno saliva so now you do too.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

redshirt posted:

I doubt that. But what about different species? Is a Xeno from a human the same as from a monkey, or a dog?

No, in fact!

The xeno in Alien 3 was different because it came from either a dog or a water buffalo or whatever depending on which version you watch. Ripley says she's never seen one like this before because of the way it moves. Also, the cute whippet dog costume that they didn't use. :)

edit: this little fella

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Oct 3, 2023

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

madeintaipei posted:

I got a bad feeling about this.

I'm just gonna say this:

Neurodivergent Xenomorphs

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

Pennywise the Frown posted:

No, in fact!

The xeno in Alien 3 was different because it came from either a dog or a water buffalo or whatever depending on which version you watch. Ripley says she's never seen one like this before because of the way it moves. Also, the cute whippet dog costume that they didn't use. :)

this gets weird in the comic books

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

Mister Speaker posted:

I'm just gonna say this:

Neurodivergent Xenomorphs

Isn't this the plot of The Predators, I've never seen it.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

No, in fact!

Now that I see it again, I remember. But I realized I've blocked Alien 3 almost completely out of my mind.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Vampire Panties posted:

Well if the (Kenner?) toys I had as a kid were any indication.... yeah I can imagine what's out there in the comics.

redshirt posted:

Now that I see it again, I remember. But I realized I've blocked Alien 3 almost completely out of my mind.

Watch the Assembly Cut! Most people here think it's superior to the theatrical cut.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

redshirt posted:

Worth giving the Assembly Cut a chance, it's like a night and day improvement over the original in pretty much every way. Instead of just having more scenes, just about every scene in the movie is a little longer and more fleshed out, it adds so much to the flick.

There were quite a few things re-shot and cut around for what was released in theaters too so there's a lot of alternate takes of things in the movie too. There are some minor bits people prefer in the theatrical but the Assembly Cut is a way better flick overall.

Vampire Panties posted:

The Sega arcade game ALIEN 3: THE GUN, the developers definitely had some kind of access to either some footage from what ended up in the Assembly Cut or other incarnations of the movie. The facility has a whole other area with scrapped (and some still working of course) combat robots*, the final boss is synthetic Bishop with a flame thrower, the abbattoir level has the buffalos getting bursted but the dog burster is ALSO in it. Like there's enough stuff in it that feels like it fits and not just "we pulled this out of our rear end to make a video game" like a lot of licensed games do.

*Like clunky metal robots not synthetics

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Oct 4, 2023

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

zenguitarman posted:

The Predator (2018). It's a glorious trainwreck of a movie.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

madeintaipei posted:

The Predator (2018). It's a glorious trainwreck of a movie.

Yep. It's not a good movie but I like a lot of the characters.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
The William Gibson script Alien 3 would have been not much better than what we got but people would probably have loved it anyway because it is exactly the kind of cheese people get nostalgic for. People these days might not like the script's wariness about the universe's USSR analog, though.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Panzeh posted:

The William Gibson script Alien 3 would have been not much better than what we got but people would probably have loved it anyway because it is exactly the kind of cheese people get nostalgic for. People these days might not like the script's wariness about the universe's USSR analog, though.

The Dirk Maggs audio version is awesome.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Yep. It's not a good movie but I like a lot of the characters.

Good appraisal of the thing, if you don't mind me saying.

Olivia Munn actually not minding being a comedic foil. Keegan-Michael Key as himself. Thomas Jane acting weird. Boyd Holbrook looking serious about looking good.

It's so dumb. It's so dumb and disjointed that it seems everyone gave up at some point and decided to have fun with it. Fun they did have.

It's on the list of flicks my daughter and I are running though. I can't wait to hear the audible groan about the autism component. It should be a hit with her. Fifth Element was a non-stop laugh riot. Escape from LA, too.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Treat The Predator like a dark comedy; the entire movie is hilarious. It owns.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Shane Black definitely has a knack for comedic writing.

I should watch The Nice Guys again.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Android Apocalypse posted:

Shane Black definitely has a knack for comedic writing.

I should watch The Nice Guys again.

I just revisited Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang and while there are more than a few things that don't hold up, the majority of his jokes are great and his dialogue just loving crackles throughout. This scene (spoiler warning) basically lives rent free in my head.

Just downloaded The Predator, gonna check it out later today. Thanks thread! :glomp:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75SQy8qc9-U

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Modal Auxiliary posted:

I just revisited Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang and while there are more than a few things that don't hold up, the majority of his jokes are great and his dialogue just loving crackles throughout. This scene (spoiler warning) basically lives rent free in my head.

Oh hell yes, that scene!

And the whole movie, really. I need to see that again.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang with Robert Downeys Juniors and Vally Kilmers?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Woke up, turned on the TV, and was greeted to this:

Guess I'm thinking about Aliens today.

And to order the soup instead of the special.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Parkingtigers posted:

Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang with Robert Downeys Juniors and Vally Kilmers?

Calm down, Squirrelly Dan.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

MrMojok posted:

Oh hell yes, that scene!

And the whole movie, really. I need to see that again.
Man, the way that Shane torpedoed his entire career with The Predator was shocking. It was a failure on all levels, from pitch through editing and color timing. The only thing I remember about it was ‘get to the choppers’ and laughing at what may or may not have been jokes.

Did he have a cocaine relapse or something? Was that paedo his coke dealer?

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
Ya know what was surprisingly good? Prey. I only watched it recently and expected nothing (:350:) but I was pleasantly surprised. I’d watch more predator historical stuff

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I loved Prey, and I’ve felt the same way about the historical possibilities ever since I started reading some of the Dark Horse comics back in the 90s, which were full of that stuff

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

zenguitarman posted:

In The Predator, the Predators want to harvest human DNA (because they do that for some reason) but it's specifically from autistic human because they're the next step of human evolutipn, obviously

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
The Predator is a fun movie if you just don't pay attention to and actively ignore the entire main plot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

The Predator is a fun movie if you just don't pay attention to and actively ignore the entire main plot.

Isnt the main plot dudes in a forest getting hunted by invisible creature?

I watched it with my son last year. Its still good.