Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
ah I see thanks people for clearing it up. maybe in 2 months the I’ll novavax it up however good luck on finding anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Death. The capricious dance of Now You Stop Moving Forever.
Moth vs Bed Bug

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Hot drat. I make 35 doing IT in person at a hospital. I know what subcutaneous and ICD-10 means, I can do that. The transit savings alone would bridge the gap.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Now that is a LOW ENERGY moth.

Wake me when they use something cool like hummingbird moths.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
Along the lines of kids being frequently sick now than before, is anyone else feeling it’s more common to hear about a cancer diagnosis in someone close to you?

My wife and I know 3 women around our age diagnosed with breast cancer this year, my SIL with a brain tumor last year, a friend with pre-cancerous polyps (potentially me too). This doesn’t seem normal imo.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

skooma512 posted:

Hot drat. I make 35 doing IT in person at a hospital. I know what subcutaneous and ICD-10 means, I can do that. The transit savings alone would bridge the gap.

You'll top out not a ton higher than that, and the ceiling in IT is a lot higher.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

me flying over West Virginia after I get my moth titers

Coldrice
Jan 20, 2006

I have not yet got my booster and was actually going to schedule it for this weekend. I guess it’ll be moth time for me.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

My SIL become a medical coder (not the programming kind) by taking an exam after studying a bit. She works for Kaiser and is 100% remote.

I am interested in the resources she used to study

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

I'm looking forward to getting my two shot course of moth juice.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Glumwheels posted:

Along the lines of kids being frequently sick now than before, is anyone else feeling it’s more common to hear about a cancer diagnosis in someone close to you?

My wife and I know 3 women around our age diagnosed with breast cancer this year, my SIL with a brain tumor last year, a friend with pre-cancerous polyps (potentially me too). This doesn’t seem normal imo.

yes.

We have at least two posters with kidney cancer lol

but this could easily be the microplastics or the roundup or any of the novel environmental ubiquity we've introduced in the last 20 years.

swung right from Blood Lead concentrations to... Blood micro polyethylene terephthalate

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

RandolphCarter posted:

I am interested in the resources she used to study

she says she used the aapc study tests. she has a nursing degree so she’s already familiar with anatomy and stuff so she had a bit of a leg up there.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Things like colon cancer have been on the upswing in young people for some time, even pre-covid.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

so it sounds like i should get whichever vax is most anime. phew.

Glumwheels posted:

IIRC there is reason to believe that getting covid every two minutes does harm your body's ability to kill off rogue cells, but we're all also getting older and you're much likelier to develop cancer at, say, 45 than 35.

e: also, yeah, we've destroyed the planet thoroughly. that probably doesn't help. we live there.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Gunshow Poophole posted:

yes.

We have at least two posters with kidney cancer lol

but this could easily be the microplastics or the roundup or any of the novel environmental ubiquity we've introduced in the last 20 years.

swung right from Blood Lead concentrations to... Blood micro polyethylene terephthalate

which pendulum swing is train derailments on

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Zugzwang posted:

Things like colon cancer have been on the upswing in young people for some time, even pre-covid.

CDC has Top Men looking into this.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Platystemon posted:

CDC has Top Men looking into this.

:hmmyes:

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

*Massachusetts reported COVID Hospitalizations for the first time since June, lol.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

I wonder if colon cancer on the rise could be attributed to eating rear end? I mean we already know you can get throat cancer from eating rear end so it's not that far fetched that it could be going the opposite way too

shazbot
Sep 20, 2004
Ah, hon, ya got arby's all over my acoustic wave machine.

NeonPunk posted:

I wonder if colon cancer on the rise could be attributed to eating rear end? I mean we already know you can get throat cancer from eating rear end so it's not that far fetched that it could be going the opposite way too

Michael Douglas says you can get cancer from eating pussy too

pretty much everything gives you cancer.

gotta live your life

LuxuryLarva
Sep 8, 2023

Hot dude with a cool attitude.

NeonPunk posted:

The only disease anyone has ever gotten from eating rear end is pinworms.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

shazbot posted:

Michael Douglas says you can get cancer from eating pussy too

pretty much everything gives you cancer.

gotta live your life

I think it might be true if your partner has HPV?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
virus themed games + copyright expiration =

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuD8G9GzOFw

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
:siren: NOVAVAX APPOINTMENTS :siren:

:siren: THEY ALREADY HAVE INVENTORY :siren:

https://novavax-finder.github.io/#/

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
novavax has also been added to official government slut juice hookup

https://twitter.com/drericding/status/1575164692388904963?s=46

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
wait, primary series… are they not giving it out to people who’ve had mRNA already?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Steve Yun posted:

wait, primary series… are they not giving it out to people who’ve had mRNA already?

ur posting old tweets

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Brain fog comes for Steve :ohdear:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Steve Yun posted:

novavax has also been added to official government slut juice hookup

https://twitter.com/drericding/status/1575164692388904963?s=46

It claims that a bunch of Walgreens in my area has the moth juice, but when I go to the Walgreens site they don't even have it as an option to search on.

Objective Action
Jun 10, 2007

Yeah same for me, I think Walgreens is just lying at the moment. Guessing it will be some weeks still till people actually start getting them in stores.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Platystemon posted:

ur posting old tweets

ahh my mistake

at any rate moth juice is on the official govt site right now

https://www.vaccines.gov/search/

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Oh cool, I'll try to get some of that when I can. I'm one of those people who gets what I'd call a mild-in-the-non-hospitalized-sense reaction to the mrnas, so the prospect of trying something that isn't that sounds pretty good. Glad dragging my feet paid off

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

edit:never mind, obvious

icantfindaname has issued a correction as of 01:54 on Oct 4, 2023

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

We should have a moth men gangtag

gamer roomie is 41
May 3, 2020

:)
I got my Moderna booster a few days ago at the CVS Minute Clinic, and then later in the afternoon my wife went in to get hers. They told her they wouldn't do it because she's pregnant. Now we can't find an appointment anywhere. Is there any reason why they would say they can't give it to pregnant people? I don't see anything online, in fact I see the opposite guidance suggesting that everyone specifically including pregnant people should get a vaccine.

Since then all I can find around me is Pfizer boosters. Are those the same updated kind as the Moderna one I got? Many thanks.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

gamer roomie is 41 posted:

I got my Moderna booster a few days ago at the CVS Minute Clinic, and then later in the afternoon my wife went in to get hers. They told her they wouldn't do it because she's pregnant. Now we can't find an appointment anywhere. Is there any reason why they would say they can't give it to pregnant people? I don't see anything online, in fact I see the opposite guidance suggesting that everyone specifically including pregnant people should get a vaccine.

Since then all I can find around me is Pfizer boosters. Are those the same updated kind as the Moderna one I got? Many thanks.

yes they are the same updated kind

no there is no reason they should deny a pregnant woman, that's garbage, you should go back and raise hell

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Pregnant women are eligible and extremely encouraged to get the boost as they are a designated high risk group.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

That is absolute bullshit and yes the Pfizer (and Novavax for that matter) shot is similarly updated.

Just in case you want a source on the former.

https://www.cdc.gov/respiratory-viruses/whats-new/vaccination-pregnant-people.html posted:

Respiratory Virus Vaccination for Pregnant People
September 29, 2023, 1:30 PM EDT
(..)
Actions for Pregnant People
  • Vaccinations during pregnancy provide protection for people who are pregnant and their babies. All people who are pregnant, or planning to get pregnant, should stay up to date with all recommended vaccinations, including:
    • COVID-19: CDC recommends an updated COVID-19 vaccine for everyone ages 6 months and older. This includes people who are pregnant, breastfeeding, trying to get pregnant now, or might become pregnant in the future. Pregnant people may receive a COVID-19 vaccine during any trimester of pregnancy.
(..)

It is pretty hosed up that they said that, as pregnant women are high risk and newborns can't get vaccinated. You should be pissed off.

Pingui has issued a correction as of 02:24 on Oct 4, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M2tt
Dec 23, 2000
Forum Veteran

Real Mean Queen posted:

Oh cool, I'll try to get some of that when I can. I'm one of those people who gets what I'd call a mild-in-the-non-hospitalized-sense reaction to the mrnas, so the prospect of trying something that isn't that sounds pretty good. Glad dragging my feet paid off

Yeah same, of course my insurance is through Kaiser so between labor strikes and them being Kaiser I'm probably still going to end up out of pocket, but I look forward to pretending everything is fine for a couple weeks