Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

he has brain damage

also lol that he got outfoxed by paulie walnuts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

New Bladee soundin better than he ever did fr fr

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I often think about the Thing saying the Shema.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Grassy Knowles posted:

Why didn’t magneto start wrecking poo poo as soon as he knew it was a fake gun

curly moustache

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

what in the loving poo poo is happening here why does he sound like Imani from Pharcyde being produced by Jay-Swift from the good Pharcyde album

what the gently caress

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I found a Blu-Ray of the original Suspiria and I haven't seen that one although I love the remake so I'm watching that, for the spooks.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Paladinus posted:

I often think about the Thing saying the Shema.

adding this to my collection that includes all the marvel villains crying over 9/11

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Empty Sandwich posted:

what in the loving poo poo is happening here why does he sound like Imani from Pharcyde being produced by Jay-Swift from the good Pharcyde album

what the gently caress

it was to promote the actor's rap career lol.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Ibram Gaunt posted:

it was to promote the actor's rap career lol.

what an insane way to do it. there's even a check to one of their verses in there and jfc

they're not a super obscure group or anything but what a Bizarre Ride :chord:

"I would like to become a rapper so I'm going to sound like Phife Dawg on the Spider-Man cartoon" what the poo poo

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
thats the fantastic four cartoon you philistine

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

“gimme a vanilla ice verse set to dengue fever”

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

symbolic posted:

Amid Evil has some of the sickest levels i've ever seen but the entire time i just wanted to have a super shotty instead of a peashooter staff. i'm a red-blooded American for chrissakes

Yeah this is reasonable. I liked the planet rocket launcher and the big axe but the rest are just different flavours of sparkly beam. The level design and cool Moorcock-prog rock-style atmosphere carried it for me but I do wish it had good weapons

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

cdda is too much for me. i ll stick to qud.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lmao jesus christ

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

thats the fantastic four cartoon you philistine

yes and he's imitating Imani you philistine

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
got bored and went down a rabbit hole of old sagas threads, lol at this loving exchange in the TB permaban qcs thread

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The screaming insane person was permabanned after years of leniency for constantly screaming and being insane, not because they were POC or whatever. Nice try tho, next!

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Please educate yourselves.

Also Synthy, I know you need attention :glomp:, but taking space in a thread about prejudice against a WoC for your own personal stuff is an example of exactly the sort of racism we're talking about.

lol that for years the rallying cry has been the claim that fyad is literally all white 30-40 year old computer toucher cis men when that more accurately described the forum for discussing being a poc back then and currently applies to the brainworms politics forum

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'm not going to read that comic

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I'm not going to read that comic

that's a racism

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

pentyne posted:

got bored and went down a rabbit hole of old sagas threads, lol at this loving exchange in the TB permaban qcs thread

lol that for years the rallying cry has been the claim that fyad is literally all white 30-40 year old computer toucher cis men when that more accurately described the forum for discussing being a poc back then and currently applies to the brainworms politics forum

that thread has some real fuckin alarm bells hoo boy

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

pentyne posted:

This is a perfect encapsulation of everything that was wrong with KM and Co.

Tone policing is a real thing and it sucks, but the KM crowd took it to mean "I can yell at whoever I want without consequence" instead of its actual meaning.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4027397&pagenumber=2#post535015679

I posted a draft of some text to explain how SA uses information it collects, please have a read and let me know if you think it needs tweaking or additional explanations in that thread.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Good soup! posted:

lmao jesus christ

If I didn't know the truth I would swear it's a youtube poop. It's so insane lol.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

This is a perfect encapsulation of everything that was wrong with KM and Co.

Tone policing is a real thing and it sucks, but the KM crowd took it to mean "I can yell at whoever I want without consequence" instead of its actual meaning.

there's an even better encapsulation where she posted just 2 posts before that one "This is what MY subforum is all about." or w/e

sebmojo posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4027397&pagenumber=2#post535015679

I posted a draft of some text to explain how SA uses information it collects, please have a read and let me know if you think it needs tweaking or additional explanations in that thread.

ty sebmojo

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

sebmojo posted:

I'll take a look, thanks.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

pentyne posted:

a quote in that thread posted:

LOL if you think telling people to kill themselves is taken seriously here. I was probated for 3 days back in July for saying people who post on internet forums that they're thinking about committing suicide should either  or get off the pot.

Why would someone ever willingly remind people of that or even post it in the first place what the gently caress

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Lady Radia posted:

there's an even better encapsulation where she posted just 2 posts before that one "This is what MY subforum is all about." or w/e

Goddrat.

Here it is for the lazy:

Koalas March posted:

I keep getting asked about this, so I'm gonna put a short statement here.

I liked TB, we were buddies who were both biracial, worked in the same industry and have little patience for racism/sexism. I feel like I am obviously biased, so I'm gonna keep it short and just say that I'm bummed that one of the few black voices is gone on a forum where I've gotten PMs from POC saying that they aren't comfortable being 'out' here.

I really want to take this opportunity to say one thing: If there are any other POC or LGBT people who also feel uncomfortable being 'out', please PM me. I am always around to lend an ear and I got your back. Feedback is great for improvement and I'm trying to make sure TGRS is a welcoming place for minorities to feel comfortable being themselves and talking about poo poo that matters to them. I am also down for any constructive feedback from people in general.

That said...

RIP TB. Your rap sheet is legendary.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

That's the thread where I said "a good start" and got accused of being a white supremacist lol. It was so confusing and I ended up apologizing even though I still didn't understand it

That phase ended pretty quickly

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I like that it took like two posts for "internalized racism" to come out, which is also a phrase which meant a specific thing, and got coopted to mean "oh poo poo the person who disagrees with me isnt a white guy"

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

pentyne posted:

was under the impression ppl like this only existed as strawmen

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I somehow missed all this because I was simply posting about sports and video games at the time.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Oh I was also racist by simply posting in the thread as well

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The big reveal that TB was actually a rich white woman pretending to be a poor black lady online never stops being funny to me.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Oh I was also racist by simply posting in the thread as well

they were so ready to hold your hand and teach you to be the antiracist baby

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Does anyone have that post that was like, the secret list of fyad/Alt-right techniques used to derail discussions and spread Nazi ideology or something, I think it came about during the infamous neopets derail

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's often better to internalise racism than to externalise it.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

deep breathing to align my inner racisms

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Goddrat.

Here it is for the lazy:

The "random vulnerable people, please DM me all your personal information, because I promise I'm an ally and I love you" tweet, except a real post

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

those people are all retarded and that was really one of the worst eras of this forum

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
you need to internalize the racism thought in disco elysium before posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Antivehicular posted:

The "random vulnerable people, please DM me all your personal information, because I promise I'm an ally and I love you" tweet, except a real post

Actual loving cult recruitment poo poo.