Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
The game only calls them green crystals when you mouse over the counter on the depth diver screen, is the thing. It's easy to miss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

i know the school grades don't really matter anymore but jesus christ, i don't see how anyone could get past like A grade without being a professional typist or sentient calculator

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Man the math in school is hard. I think I'm decent enough at mental math but 1 minute 15 for grade B is insane to me

Zokari posted:

i know the school grades don't really matter anymore but jesus christ, i don't see how anyone could get past like A grade without being a professional typist or sentient calculator

yeah I kinda wish the exams had slightly more time

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

I think I got up to C+ or B- by hand but I was always good at arithmetic, then I started typing the exam questions into a calculator lol

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Lone Goat posted:

I think I got up to C+ or B- by hand but I was always good at arithmetic, then I started typing the exam questions into a calculator lol

I could get to the C grade by doing the math in my head. But the subtraction problems just take too long for me to do.

With the update, the typing class was easier, as you never actually lose points for a typo, and actual words flow a lot better than the repeated uses of keys that don’t get hit a lot like j and k.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

History seems like a joke so far does it ever get more than 3? I mean even if it does unless they change mid test this entire thing is defeated with snipping tool.

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

Should I be capping depth dweller before my first prestige? Or prestiging the moment I can buy more than a few upgrades

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Thirst Mutilator posted:

Should I be capping depth dweller before my first prestige? Or prestiging the moment I can buy more than a few upgrades

Seems like it needs way more for deeper levels, I've been kind of gunning for 1 a day, my general plan is basically have a run setup before bed because I'm not doing anything for 8 hours and lets face it I'm doing stuff before I get in the game so realistically 10-12. I'm going to ignore min / maxing for alarm clocks because gently caress that noise, you figure that out if you want to destroy your sleep over a game. So there's a maybe for a quick run before the long run but not having a run that can idle for 12 hours before you go to sleep is a problem in any idle game.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

After the first couple I've settled into a 24 hour cycle where I prestige about an hour into the morning, after spending all the overnight gains until they stop making progress.

e: It's kinda neat that each feature seems to have a different prestige cycle - one day for mining, 2-3 days for village, 2-3 per day for horde.

Xerol fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Oct 3, 2023

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Where does gooboo store the auto save file? My browser crashed and I want to make sure I load the autosave and not overwrite it.

e: according to the Discord, if you are playing on Itch the autosave doesn't work. :smith:

Salvor_Hardin fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Oct 3, 2023

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015

KazigluBey posted:

Yes I understand this, that's not my question. The base production went down on a baseline, per-church basis between resets. Nothing to do with the overcapping penalty.

Not seeing any changes to faith in the changelog for the last couple of versions. :shrug:

Pretty sure there was a bug where cards where applying when bought rather than properly activated. Or maybe that was a first run bonus thing?

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
I'm up to 9 equipment slots in Horde and this section is increasingly becoming more and more unfun. It's not interesting to roll my face across 9 buttons every 3 seconds. Or make barely any progress when I'm not actively doing that. It's not as 'set and forget' as the other ones.

dipwood fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Oct 3, 2023

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

I just equip stuff with good passives and faceroll the buttons to kill bosses.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I think it's fine for each of the games to have a different "pace" so to speak. While Horde is definitely the most active of the lot, and won't make much if any passive progress, the active progress is SIGNIFICANTLY faster than the other tabs (although the recent nerf to the activeness of it with the 8 hour thing is odd...) so it's something to poke at when you want to poke at the game but everything else is stuck waiting for whatever.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

dipwood posted:

I'm up to 9 equipment slots in Horde and this section is increasingly becoming more and more unfun. It's not interesting to roll my face across 9 buttons every 3 seconds.
It's probably a cliche to talk about this in idle games land, but spending that much effort whittling down the health bar again for Boss X on my Yth prestige just makes me feel like I should be playing a Real Game

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Infinity Gaia posted:

I think it's fine for each of the games to have a different "pace" so to speak. While Horde is definitely the most active of the lot, and won't make much if any passive progress, the active progress is SIGNIFICANTLY faster than the other tabs (although the recent nerf to the activeness of it with the 8 hour thing is odd...) so it's something to poke at when you want to poke at the game but everything else is stuck waiting for whatever.

The new change basically turns it into run every zone you can 1 shot quickly, if you get a low soul count rebirth again (unless you used cards that might be a problem if you did) If you average 500 souls before a certain point typically and you only have 300 you need to sit for another 7 hours and have to go to bed in 4, I think you can improve that!

I find it's a bit more interesting to think of it this way, I don't think it's an improvement but ah whatever. NGU also had faster and faster runs as an issue early on that had to be curbed.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

has anyone figured out how to cheat gems yet in gooboo?

Kin33
Jul 3, 2007

Where is your god now?

Len posted:

has anyone figured out how to cheat gems yet in gooboo?

The saves are just unencrypted json files. Maybe try editing the gem_gemtype value?

I don't see the point thought. Its not like they are premium currency, just a game mechanic. Why not just edit everything.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Kin33 posted:

The saves are just unencrypted json files. Maybe try editing the gem_gemtype value?

I don't see the point thought. Its not like they are premium currency, just a game mechanic. Why not just edit everything.

because i want to

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Kin33 posted:

obviously for the thrill of opening INFINITE CARDS

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
I cheated so flagrantly in History that my grade is S-9 and I feel neither good nor bad about that

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Did they patch out the 35 souls you used to get on the first L20 Horde boss? I'm just seeing a %chance to get 2 souls now. I guess I like the progressive gains but that initial hit of 35 was nice.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Did they patch out the 35 souls you used to get on the first L20 Horde boss? I'm just seeing a %chance to get 2 souls now. I guess I like the progressive gains but that initial hit of 35 was nice.

Apparently speedrunning to 20 and then resetting was not the "intended" way to play that mode.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

That said, what should I blow my painstakingly ground up gems on first? Do I just grab Dweller cards and go from there? Or invest in the Damage stuff?

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I think it's just in the first reset for it now.

The school is interesting now, but the literature section makes me hate it by it throwing in random punctuation in odd places.

Baddog
May 12, 2001

widespread posted:

That said, what should I blow my painstakingly ground up gems on first? Do I just grab Dweller cards and go from there? Or invest in the Damage stuff?

I held off on getting that cheap 40 gem mining upgrade, and I don't think I should have! It's pretty good.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Jhet posted:

I think it's just in the first reset for it now.

The school is interesting now, but the literature section makes me hate it by it throwing in random punctuation in odd places.

I somehow never got it even on my first run. :(

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Baddog posted:

I held off on getting that cheap 40 gem mining upgrade, and I don't think I should have! It's pretty good.

... what cheap 40 gem upgrade? The red gems?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I updated Chrome and it didn't load my save, and my last save file was earlier this morning. Does anyone have a save file around 160 global level?

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

My game's at 155 (62/54/39): https://xerol.org/wp-content/stuff/Gooboo_231003.json

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Ty

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Gooboo's UI has to have some of the most wasted white space I have seen in an idle game. Upgrades have to either be expanded and take up a massive amount of screen space or minimized to where they show nothing but a name and buy button, unless you hover you can't even see the upgrade cost. Yet both versions have a bunch of empty space with nothing displayed. Then stuff like the items in horde mode where you cannot upgrade them without expanding the item view. Or the farm tab where to change plant types I have to go to a different tab, select what I want, then back to the main tab.

It's hard to comment on the overall game as I have only been playing a few days, but it does feel in desperate need of even a very bad auto-buy.

Baddog
May 12, 2001

widespread posted:

... what cheap 40 gem upgrade? The red gems?

yah red gem mining upgrade, premium crafting slot. Probably better to do it early game, when you only have the one slot anyways!

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
Yeah warning to Gooboo players: Backup your saves; I also lost all progress just now when Chrome updated. Luckily I was pretty close to Xerol's save.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Apparently it's not an issue according to something I read if you play off of the creators website rather than itch.io or w/e.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

Zotix posted:

Apparently it's not an issue according to something I read if you play off of the creators website rather than itch.io or w/e.

Anyone have a link to that?

Baddog
May 12, 2001
I can't figure out what this night hunt event is, just doesn't seem to be anything there.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

Falcon2001 posted:

Anyone have a link to that?

I think it's this?

https://tendsty.github.io/gooboo/

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Looks like Night Hunt just started. :skeltal:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cobalt60