Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Edge & Christian posted:

Jay White is less than a year older than BPJ, and I am sure after a year in NXT Beepie will easily exceed Switchblade.

Darby and Sammy are also less than a year older than him but they're clearly not main eventers and will never main event PPVs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Big NXT star means he hits the roster in, what, 15 years?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Elephant Ambush posted:

"Makes me think they're working with WWE" might be the funniest thing I've read this year. Holy poo poo these people are so loving stupid

It's so stupid Vince Russo genuinely believes it

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

how long until Vince takes away the Jr.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Venomous posted:

how long until Vince takes away the Jr.

He’s just gonna be Fly Bry and you’ll like it

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Gorp Mantall

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
He's gonna be the fake Edge

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Coolness Averted posted:

On this day, I see Beepie

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I don't even think Ed Ferrera does business with Russo anymore.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

I just realized that AEW did promote their wrestlers like this. Specifically, Cody and Jade got the big network promotion.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I wonder what the universe where the Go Big Show was renewed for multiple seasons is like

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Coolness Averted posted:

NXT Superstar Copeland Adams

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

super macho dude posted:

NXT Superstar Copeland Adams

Or letting him 'honor his father' and be Pill Briman.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Dawgstar posted:

Or letting him 'honor his father' and be Pill Briman. Dusty Rhodes Jr.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Coolness Averted posted:

This is Hook erasure!

hook is 43 years old

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Edge & Christian posted:

If you expand to "signed wrestlers who did not appear on Wrestledream but have appeared on television recently*":

Jungle Boy, Daniel Garcia, both members of Top Flight, Action Andretti, Bandido, Blake Christian, Komander, Anna Jay, Jamie Hayter, Kiera Hogan, Leyla Hirsch, Riho, Skye Blue, Tay Melo, Toni Storm, and Willow Nightingale.

And Hook, obviously.

Jay White is less than a year older than BPJ, and I am sure after a year in NXT Beepie will easily exceed Switchblade.

* I am including people who were on TV before they got injured and also counting ROH as TV, I understand if either decision is controversial

If we're counting "less than a year", Ospreay is like four months older than Beepie. Surely the PC will get him there.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Serperoth posted:

If we're counting "less than a year", Ospreay is like four months older than Beepie. Surely the PC will get him there.

Brian Pillman Sr. was three years older than Beepie is now when he realized he was too old to be Flyin' Brian anymore and had to reinvent himself completely.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he kinda was the same age if you count his heel turn and run with barry windham. and right after that the man they call beepie was born

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
You know, with Beepie, the more I learn about that guy, the more I don’t care for him.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

MassRafTer posted:

Brian Pillman Sr. was three years older than Beepie is now when he realized he was too old to be Flyin' Brian anymore and had to reinvent himself completely.

At the rate the WWE operate these days three years might not even be enough time to reinvent his name.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
I hope Beepie gets the same disappointed dad Titantron as David Flair.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
NXT gonna rename Beepie something stupid like Beeple or Beepus

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Brian Pillman Jr in a miscarriage angle, The Loss Cannon.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I remember when Meltzer tried to get Beepie to work Liger during his retirement year and like everyone else was going why?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I remember when Meltzer tried to get Beepie to work Liger during his retirement year and like everyone else was going why?

There were a lot of people saying Liger vs Beepie should open the first Dynamite even though it was one of the worst ideas possible.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I mean it's a sweet idea, if not misguided because BPJ stinks. Kind of wish it happened just so we could see Pillman botch something and have Liger mock him like he did with Sasuke.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Beepinis

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Ganso Bomb posted:

I mean it's a sweet idea, if not misguided because BPJ stinks. Kind of wish it happened just so we could see Pillman botch something and have Liger mock him like he did with Sasuke.

Was there a weird insistence on BPJ being really good despite all evidence to the contrary talent skips a generation?

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
To be fair to everyone, BPJ started training to wrestle in early 2017, had his first match anyone might have actually seen (in CZW and BLP) in early 2018, and I guess "showed a lot of potential" for a novice in his various MLW and other promotions I did not watch in 2019.

It's not insane to look at him with a lot of potential in the summer of 2019, and given all of the tragedy in his life I get people wanting to think the best of him. It's just that nothing in the ensuing 3+ years have given a ton of reason to think well of him or his wrestling potential.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I watched a lot of MLW in that period and he did not, under any circumstances, show a lot of potential

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Dawgstar posted:

Was there a weird insistence on BPJ being really good despite all evidence to the contrary talent skips a generation?

He's not that bad at the actual wrestling part. It's hard to look good when your gimmick is guy that sucks and loses on the rare occassion that he gets booked. Not clear if he's capable of more in terms of character/psychology but there's so many talented people out there and so few spots that "solid wrestler" doesn't get you very far on it's own.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Who is BPJ? I only know Beepie

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

Rarity posted:

I think they mean BPT, Brian Pillman Twonior

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Here lies Beepus
He never scored (a pinfall or submission)

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Beepo Tungus saw heaven when he died

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Rarity posted:

Beanut Putter and Jelly

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
they're gonna team Beepie with Dorrick Tedgrass as the unstoppable tag team of INCREDIBLE TIME (all caps)

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Remember, WWE is the company KNOWN for making new stars and giving them characters, storylines and training that play to their strengths

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

JethroMcB posted:

Remember, WWE is the company KNOWN for making new stars and giving them characters, storylines and training that play to their strengths

he is HIM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

We the Beeple?