Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Great, after seeing that runtime I feel similar to the way I did walking into the theater to see Rise of Skywalker:

There's no way they're wrapping this up satisfactorily or doing anything surprising, and they're probably going to just let other MUST-SEE projects take the poo poo-covered threads and fix it after the fact instead of having built a coherent narrative before starting.

I'd love to be pleasantly surprised but my expectations have plummeted.

Baronjutter posted:

And it feels like the actual plot is just barely starting? What an insanely paced show. Glad we had like 4 filler episodes about decoding a map and arguing about who's the blame for its extremely predictable theft before starting the actual show.

:emptyquote:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
I'm enjoying the ride

Not sure why I should care that much about the destination

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Sleepy Loth-Cat beats

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

maybealabia posted:

I'm enjoying the ride

I would like there to be something at the end of the ride.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

maybealabia posted:

I'm enjoying the ride

This is where I'm at. I was hoping for a beefier finale special, but there will always be more star wars so whatever, we'll see what we get.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Thrawn has his boxes and giant donut ship, Ahsoka found her buddies, beard guy ??, 90s sith girl ??,

Say about 10min of Ahsoka and Ezra talking, 6 of Thrawn Thrawning, 6 or so of Beard guy looking into the distance, yeah they aren't even leaving the planet are they....

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Presumably they have to settle baylan in this episode (at least I certainly hope so), so that's probably the main chunk. Thrawn gets away, the good guys have to cool their heels for a while waiting for more whales to come, whatever. Leave 2 minutes for a spooky yuuzhan vong to pop out of one of the coffins in a post credits scene. Bing bang boom, see you in the next product

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Ahsoka 1986 TV intro

Poor Huyang

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I don't know why it took me until seeing that video to realize that the projections Huyang uses when training with Sabine are supposed to be reminiscent of tatami mats.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

The voice over repeteadly saying "Jedis" is extremely triggering.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
I know most of my wacky predictions won’t come true, but I am going me disappointed if the golden technology isn’t explained and if Claudia Black doesn’t scream “BOY!” at Ezra and try to suck his brain out with her murder orb.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
It's going to say at the end

Chopper will return in season 2

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I hope there's no season 2

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

HootTheOwl posted:

I hope there's no season 2

Cool 👍

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

"We will release two seasons, labeled one and three, just to gently caress with people." - Dave, probably

...I mean, it worked for Boba Fett, didn't it, what with being Mando II.5

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Make it a movie so to fix the pacing

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Considering the pacing of the last two Star Wars movies, ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

HootTheOwl posted:

Make it a movie so to fix the pacing

The problem with Ahsoka’s pacing is within the individual scenes too, they just hang on reaction shots for too long. Which is probably partially an editing problem, but I think Dave just doesn’t know how to write scenes for live action and for actors.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
Also, hot take, I think the hyperdrive ring is a better mega macguffin/super weapon than anything that appeared in the EU novels. How many times did they try to rebuild the Death Star or just the gun?

Colonel Cool
Dec 24, 2006

I don't know if it counts as a superweapon, but I thought the Katana Fleet was a very cool concept as a balance of power shifting plot device.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Marsupial Ape posted:

Also, hot take, I think the hyperdrive ring is a better mega macguffin/super weapon than anything that appeared in the EU novels. How many times did they try to rebuild the Death Star or just the gun?

They put some downgraded superlasers on some one-of-a-kind "SSSD" hulls that couldn't destroy a planet outright, but could crack the mantle and effectively doom all life on a planet to extinction.

Also, someone on another thread posted a Tian Jerjerrod write-up about how they could've built 400 Executor-class SSDs instead of the second Death Star.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Owen Dennis, creator of Infinity Train and the upcoming Among Us TV show posted:

I’m not actually inherently against IP, I’m just bored of it. Aren’t we all? ... Every big movie or TV show now is a franchise-starter, so that means you never get actual complete stories, only stuff that builds up to some vague “later” thing that’s maybe gonna happen in a couple years (assuming the thing you’re currently watching does well). It sucks! I just wanna watch a story from beginning to end, is that so much to ask?

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Episodic TV can be fine, but the Golden Age of TV showed people want long form stories. The balance of a hook for future seasons and finishing the main story for a single season is kind of hard to maintain.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Blackchamber posted:

Theres no way they are wrapping this all up. They haven't announced a season 2, so is the plan just to shotgun all this stuff at us and then wait for other D+ shows to resolve it?

Also, please renew.

Mando S4 production was delayed by the strike but they've been quiet about shows other than the ones we know are already well into production.

I imagine a direct follow-up to this will be announced soon.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
Hold up. If the Death Star laser is powered by Kyber crystals, the laser is giant light saber. Why does the Death Star shoot green lasers and not red? Did Sideous not bleed the Kyber crystals of his giant lightsaber? Is he stupid?

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Marsupial Ape posted:

Hold up. If the Death Star laser is powered by Kyber crystals, the laser is giant light saber. Why does the Death Star shoot green lasers and not red? Did Sideous not bleed the Kyber crystals of his giant lightsaber? Is he stupid?

because it goes with the tie fighter laser color. topic locked.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Marsupial Ape posted:

It's a process and it's why he even has a throne room in the death Star. Eventually it would have been red

Maybe, who knows

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Marsupial Ape posted:

the red lasers are because the people using 'em are angry (or sadistic, in sheev's case in episode 3). the empire is run by a bunch of people just doing their jobs; they're not angrily destroying alderaan. it's pretty straightforward commentary on the banality of evil, it's also why the empire are nazis, americans and british all at the same time

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
Ahsoka and Sabine better kiss by the end of this. I’m not even gay and I feel baited by all those hungry eyes.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Marsupial Ape posted:

Ahsoka and Sabine better kiss by the end of this. I’m not even gay and I feel baited by all those hungry eyes.

Cue up all the age gap posts

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Thrawn likes to watch

La Louve Rouge
Jun 25, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
drat if only lightsabers still cut things into pieces this week eh

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Someone better smooch one of those lil turtle things.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
What if you’re a secret Sith and want everyone to think you’re a Jedi? Can you just never use a lightsaber because it’ll show you’re a Sith because your Sith-ness is turning it red?

La Louve Rouge
Jun 25, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Here lies Baylan Skoll, he never scored

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
No Phantasm murder balls. gently caress Dave Filoni.

show good

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

…what the hell was that?!

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Did Ray die before they finished filming? That’s my only explanation.

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
So, those statues were of the Mortis trio, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
Ezra finally stole some stormtrooper armor, that's my boy

drat fine finale!