Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

MJeff posted:

- A lion and a bear fighting each other.
- A giant loving Norwegian guy fighting a wild animal with an axe.
- Any of the above beating a 60-year old factory worker to death.

I'm up for it.

Chicago, New York, and Minnesota all have the same mascot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

For what it's worth, some of the local reporters are pouring cold water on that story. They have no one to replace Eberflus with. The team doesn't even have a defensive coordinator at the moment.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Niwrad posted:

They have no one to replace Eberflus with. The team doesn't even have a defensive coordinator at the moment.

Just what I was thinking.

It’s either Getsy or else hire Jeff Saturday :lol:

Shmtur
Jul 23, 2005

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

What the bears need is new owners and a culture change (like the Lions). I’d argue Ben would be better suited going to a team with an existing and good culture but lacking in creative play calling

Ben is going to Green Bay?

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Just what I was thinking.

It’s either Getsy or else hire Jeff Saturday :lol:

Maybe all the stories about Peanut Tillman raiding the Bears offices were just a cover for him interviewing for interim head coach.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Niwrad posted:

For what it's worth, some of the local reporters are pouring cold water on that story. They have no one to replace Eberflus with. The team doesn't even have a defensive coordinator at the moment.

Who cares, Getsy's garbage rear end could do it lol, or Hightower or where the gently caress is Jeff Saturday.

Interim coaches don't matter just there to kill time.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Shmtur posted:

Ben is going to Green Bay?

I’d like to think Ben would stay as an OC for the lions if that was the choice lol

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

How much do head coaches make compared to coordinators anyways

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

ghosthorse posted:

Every animal team should get to pick one game a season where they can sub in their mascot animal into any one position

But the opposition gets to choose the form. Like the lions get their lion, but the opposition chooses Bert Lahr.

Shmtur
Jul 23, 2005

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I’d like to think Ben would stay as an OC for the lions if that was the choice lol

I'd say 'if you can't beat em, join em' but welp

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I am a simple man who will take Super Bowl rings now and a cushy broadcaster job later over being The Boss now and possibly flunking

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

How much do head coaches make compared to coordinators anyways

I believe in most cases it’s hundreds of thousands versus millions per year.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Getting a head coaching gig is life changing money for sure

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I am a simple man who will take Super Bowl rings now and a cushy broadcaster job later over being The Boss now and possibly flunking

that's what im sayin'

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

OCs don’t get broadcaster jobs though.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Dexo posted:

Who cares, Getsy's garbage rear end could do it lol, or Hightower or where the gently caress is Jeff Saturday.

Interim coaches don't matter just there to kill time.

Yeah, if I'm Hightower I leap at the opportunity. You won't get the head coaching job next year, but if you show any ability to not be an idiot, you're probably set for life with coaching gigs. Heck, Dan Campbell started I a very similar situation. He had no business being a head coach, but the work he put in for Miami got him to where he is now.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Imagine being Ryan Poles and thinking "I don't want to embarrass myself with an inexperienced head coach. Let's just keep trotting Eberflus out there!"

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
Maybe Poles thinks Eberflus is a good target for all the heat and his “I didn’t hire the guy” defence will work. Personally I don’t think it will

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Niwrad posted:

With that said, they'll probably hire Mike Singletary or some dumb poo poo to bring back "Bears football".

Singletary might at least help their defense.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I think the Bears should just go to the old Player-Coach set up. Can it really get worse if Fields is out there calling his own plays?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao at the thought of matt eberflus coaching for his job

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Hey
Important
To
Save my job

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Owns

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

R.D. Mangles posted:

Hey
Important
To
Save my job

This flows too well, it should be something like

Hired
Income
Taxpaying The Job
Stay employed

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Niwrad posted:

Did we ever get the story on why he quit/was fired, and what the FBI had to do with it all?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Kloaked00 posted:

Did we ever get the story on why he quit/was fired, and what the FBI had to do with it all?

We did not and it's looking increasingly likely it'll be either memory-holed or the details will come out in like 2028 when no one cares anymore.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Help!
I'm
Terminated
Soon

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

HootTheOwl posted:

Help!
I'm
Terminated
Soon

please title the thread

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
These are objectively awful

But I watch every one of them. Entirely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXLdfIlaW34

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Kloaked00 posted:

I think the FBI stuff was fake. Someone big reported it was inappropriate conduct and an HR issue. Still a really weird story considering how quickly they buried it.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Victor Vermis posted:

These are objectively awful

But I watch every one of them. Entirely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXLdfIlaW34

Yeah, I couldn’t watch every one he churns out and the react videos are pretty thin, but I feel like the NFC North specific ones are his passion project, a few of those a season are really good

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Bird in a Blender posted:

I think the Bears should just go to the old Player-Coach set up. Can it really get worse if Fields is out there calling his own plays?

Every play should be "get the gently caress out of my way"

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

Hey
Important
To
Save my job

HootTheOwl posted:

Help!
I'm
Terminated
Soon

Honor
In
Team
Suckage

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Any H.I.T.S. system parody needs to have "The _____" for T, sorry I don't make the rules

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Hello
I'm
Team
Shit

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Hey
I think
The Bear