Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Babe Magnet posted:

no i think I remember that too

Same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Wasn't it before he got ready to slap his disciples back when they just still just bullies

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 17 days!)

It was Aoki, he tried to put it on his dick.
its 16lbs, monstrous lol. That's like a decent sized barbell. and 4x of them? That's over 50% of ippo's standard body weight rofl.
and I checked last chapter, he was doing all his southpaw training at the river bank with the weights still on..

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Are you sure he's not talking about the bowling ball since there's a big 16 on it

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Are you sure he's not talking about the bowling ball since there's a big 16 on it

No, you're right. Actually, they're about 124 pounds or so.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

ippo had bowling balls around his wrists this entire time

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Can’t believe aoki tried to put his dick in a bowling ball…

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

CharlestonJew posted:

Can’t believe aoki tried to put his dick in a bowling ball…

you can't?

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Takamura can

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Patware posted:

you can't?

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
ippo is such a loving well realized character. "i'm afraid.... that i'll hurt him" is gold

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

what weight class is mashiba suppose to be in now

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

GateOfD posted:

The wiki says he's Lightweight.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

GateOfD posted:

He moved up to Lightweight after his DQ loss to Sawamura.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
chapter 1435

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...
YES

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Oh god

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
By the time Ippo gets back in the ring for real he could open Japan's first Chili's with all the ribs he's broken

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Hahahahajahahahahaha. loving LOVE IT. I knew it was coming and loved every second of it

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Hooting and hollering, clapping my hands like a seal.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Next chapter itagaki shows ippo a picture of miyata then his limiters REALLY get removed

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

"That's my line."

lol good chapter

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Ippo always looks like some kind of psycho when he puts on the headgear

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
the second I saw the shading on his ankles I knew what was coming next

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

fuckin love itagaki's smug face

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Rubellavator posted:

Ippo always looks like some kind of psycho when he puts on the headgear

its so good. morikawa always finds ways to make a dude being looked at generally from above extremely terrifying

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Just literally do the Rock Lee scene but boxing :swoon:

Good soup! posted:

"That's my line."

lol good chapter

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Reminds me a lot of fish hook blow Kimura did against Mashiba in their match

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
That was (IIRC) a low-high combo designed to expose Mashiba's weak jaw. What Ippo did here looked more like a pair of body hooks. I thought he was going to start into Dempsy for a second but I guess it was just the 2 hits for now?

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
So Mashiba's gonna call Ippo out on his retirement after this spar in front of everyone, right?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Mashiba’s going to grudgingly thank him for his skilful coaching.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Takes No Damage posted:

That was (IIRC) a low-high combo designed to expose Mashiba's weak jaw. What Ippo did here looked more like a pair of body hooks. I thought he was going to start into Dempsy for a second but I guess it was just the 2 hits for now?

Mashiba literally developed that right uppercut to deal with infighters, specifically Ippo. I think Ippo is trying to show Mashiba that the right uppercut won't work on a southpaw.

e: literally these two pages https://mangadex.org/chapter/0e079e43-1216-423f-bbd5-bbbaca72beaf/5

e2: also in case everyone forgot the last time Mashiba and Ippo sparred https://mangadex.org/chapter/4bcde8dc-fbd9-4a1d-8a0d-9774d9823697/1

Rubellavator fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Oct 4, 2023

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

forgot that ippo's gym is suppose to have like a random bunch of like 7-12 just regular gym boxers just always hanging around, where did they all go

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I think that’s Mashiba’s Gym.

I think Kamogawa has other members, but they are not going for professional boxing.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i sincerely think this is the best training arc ever written in manga lol

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

yeah it's one of the more unique ones for sure. It's kind of annoying how long it's taking but I get what George is doing, he wants to shop Ippo around to all of the other important characters so everyone knows he's ready to get back in, and therefor Ippo himself won't be able to deny it.

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Oct 4, 2023

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Ippo gonna perfectly replicate Ricardo Martinez to help Sendo prepare for his fight then wonder what it means to be strong

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

ippos gonna down the list all the way to people he fought in the Rookie Kings and even the guy he did he punched out the ring on his boxing exam certification

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

is shimabukuro still boxing, there's a rematch i wanna see

"you fool ippo, while you were honing your skills and becoming more well-rounded i simply became even wider"