Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Snake Maze posted:

Trying to hold on to tabs forever, telling yourself you'll get to them all someday, is just another way of denying the reality of death. Accept your mortality, and let your tabs go free when you close your browser.
drat, that went hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doug Sisk
Sep 11, 2001
This isn't a new game, or a game on sale, but wanted to share my latest purchase that I actually play since I normally only play rather niche simulator games or the yakuza series.
Persona 5 Royal, I'm not sure how I've ignored this before since it's obviously part of a famous franchise but it is so stylish and fun! I'm about 17 hours in and by all accounts will spend over 100 hours just to finish it, but I recommend checking out a video or two just to see the art style and if you like turn based combat like 'like a dragon' then give it a go. Quite pricey, but it does have a lot of hours to make that up.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
So now that THPS1+2 is on Steam, how well does it play with a controller? Since I noticed Steam states it only has partial controller support - so hopefully, that just means menus etc aren't 100% navigable via controller and that's why it's not considered to have full controller support... right? (Hopefully, anyway!)

Also, are there any major gripes with the game? I haven't kept up with it at all, during its time on Epic. But as a fan of THPS2 back in the day, I wouldn't mind the nostalgia injection!

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

My gripe with THPS 1+2 is that it’s not 3

Edit: wait yes it is

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

im pretty sure steam requires your game to be labelled with "partial controller support" if you have to use your keyboard to type a name or something. game has full working controller support and is also fun and good.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Kibayasu posted:

My gripe with THPS 1+2 is that it’s not 3

Edit: wait yes it is

:v: hehehe

ShadowMar posted:

im pretty sure steam requires your game to be labelled with "partial controller support" if you have to use your keyboard to type a name or something. game has full working controller support and is also fun and good.

Ahh, yeah OK - fair enough. Sounds great! Actually, speaking of typing names though, can you use your THPS2-esque custom character in the THPS1 career mode and then take them through 2's? Or are they totally segregated? (Since the original THPS1 didn't allow you to create a custom skater IIRC. Hopefully that's not somehow a limitation here)

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Major Isoor posted:

So now that THPS1+2 is on Steam, how well does it play with a controller? Since I noticed Steam states it only has partial controller support - so hopefully, that just means menus etc aren't 100% navigable via controller and that's why it's not considered to have full controller support... right? (Hopefully, anyway!)

Also, are there any major gripes with the game? I haven't kept up with it at all, during its time on Epic. But as a fan of THPS2 back in the day, I wouldn't mind the nostalgia injection!

Yeah the controller support is perfect but it requires a constant internet connection to play.

I've had the game forever and its a drat lot of fun and a nice throw back.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

There's apparently a mod that adds the levels from 3 and 4 too called THPS Pro. I might have to pick this up while it's on sale, $20 seems like a very good price for that.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Major Isoor posted:

Ahh, yeah OK - fair enough. Sounds great! Actually, speaking of typing names though, can you use your THPS2-esque custom character in the THPS1 career mode and then take them through 2's? Or are they totally segregated? (Since the original THPS1 didn't allow you to create a custom skater IIRC. Hopefully that's not somehow a limitation here)

its a single game that has the content of both 1 and 2, there's no real division between the two

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Excellent, excellent! Thanks all - that's great to hear! Perfect, I'll pick it up right away

yegods
Apr 6, 2007

Cerebus can destroy ANYTHING. Cerebus is the POPE.

skeletronics posted:

I tried to skip humble choice last month, but apparently missed a checkbox or something somewhere, because I got charged anyway. This month is lookin' like trash, too. Metal Hellsinger is good, but I already have it.

Guess it's time to cancel altogether.

I spent way too much money on games this year (bought a steam deck, an OLED switch, and last week, a whole new desktop). My goal for 2024 is going to be to spend zero dollars on games, and get through some backloggin'

My prediction is I won't make it past February.

e: Lords and Villeins does look at least interesting enough to go on my "I intend to play that someday" list, but eh, the last several months have been pretty lackluster to me.

I hate to break it to you, but you didn't miss a checkbox. They do this to me all the time. I go through their entire process for skipping a month, and then they charge me anyways. It's definitely a scam that they get away with probably a ton. Probably best to cancel.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
that whole business makes 0 sense as a subscription model anyways. if there's a month that has games you want you are best off subscribing, claiming the keys, and then canceling immediately
the only reason it exists as sub is so they can try to trick people into forgetting to unsub/pause like that
e: or maybe as a tool for investor storytime so they can claim it as recurring revenue instead of sales to make the stock look better

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Oct 4, 2023

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Snufkin: Melody of Moominvalley has a demo now. be gay do crimes

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Oh christ, there's a Moomin game now? :psyduck:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

there's a Moomin game now

mystes
May 31, 2006

It's moomin time

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Moom Eternal

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Under a Killing Moom

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Deadly Mooms of Death

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Moom Souls

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Hwurmp posted:

Snufkin: Melody of Moominvalley has a demo now. be gay do crimes
Brought to you by RAW FURY

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
Raw Fury, publishers of gritty tales like "snufkin melody of moominvalley"

Rated R for "Raw Fury"!

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

The Moom of Us

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

FIND THE JUDGE CHILD OR YOUR CITY DIES
Grimey Drawer
pausing humble choice is actually super easy and I've done it multiple times with no problems

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

MarcusSA posted:

This looks pretty good

Mat Cauthon posted:

One of the guys who made Fable just put out a free old school RPG game if folks are looking for new stuff to check out.

https://twitter.com/Fluttermind/status/1707529725609119884?t=SNhoE2k4vV5nJ1jnp-HOZw&s=19
I've been playing this and it's weirdly engrossing. Check it out, people! It's literally free!

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

the talos principle 2 demo slipped out early through this link: steam://install/2312690

doesn't seem like they fixed the things that put me off finishing the first one, but for talos enjoyers it's more talos

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Doug Sisk posted:

This isn't a new game, or a game on sale, but wanted to share my latest purchase that I actually play since I normally only play rather niche simulator games or the yakuza series.
Persona 5 Royal, I'm not sure how I've ignored this before since it's obviously part of a famous franchise but it is so stylish and fun! I'm about 17 hours in and by all accounts will spend over 100 hours just to finish it, but I recommend checking out a video or two just to see the art style and if you like turn based combat like 'like a dragon' then give it a go. Quite pricey, but it does have a lot of hours to make that up.

Pick up Strikers for another 50ish hours if you want to continue with the Phantom Thieves (it's not turn based though). Persona 4 is also good though combat isn't quite as tight as 5; 3 gets a remake at the beginning of the next year, so that's something to look forward to as well.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Talos 2 demo is good. The tutorial area is a bit misleading (deliberately so) in seeming like straight out of the first game, but the second part starts showing the increased scope of the game, especially narratively since you now interact with other characters. I wonder if it's not just in dialogue but maybe also in puzzles.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

do you need to play Talos 1 to “get” Talos 2?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

repiv posted:

the talos principle 2 demo slipped out early through this link: steam://install/2312690

doesn't seem like they fixed the things that put me off finishing the first one, but for talos enjoyers it's more talos

Can you elaborate a bit on what you didn't like?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

puzzles that are more fiddly than challenging due to requiring precise placement or timing, and too much visual noise and empty space making secret hunting a chore

lots of people do like it, it just wasn't for me

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Yes, please kindly elaborate, so you may be judged.

e: You are excused if you hate the record/replay puzzle thing

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

i think the record replay mechanic is where i dropped it lol

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Yeah the record ability was the biggest drawback of that game for sure.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Subjunctive posted:

play it anyway

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

The recorders definitely added a whole new layer of complexity to the puzzles that had them.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
The recorder puzzles were greatly improved with the addition of the fast forward button, but I largely didn't have a problem with most of them to begin with so :shrug: There were a few doozies in the bunch though.

The Kins posted:

New Humble Choice is up.

The Quarry Deluxe Edition
Metal Hellsinger
Dark Pictures Anthology: House Of Ashes
Rebel Inc: Escalation
Spirit Of The Island
Lords And Villeins
A Juggler's Tale
Mr. Prepper

Eh.

Okay. Fine. You got me. I know I usually show up to defend the latest monthly bundle from the inevitable complaints, but this one is legitimately pretty mediocre.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Subjunctive posted:

I don't think you need to but you should :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

repiv posted:

i think the record replay mechanic is where i dropped it lol

I didn’t drop the game but I did look up walkthroughs for those puzzles and mercifully there’s only a couple.