Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how long does trump go to jail for?
life
no jail time
elected president from a jail cell
goku
View Results

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

One of the greatest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Bethamphetamine posted:

TROOF

The respected New York Law Journal writes that the “Dissolution Ordered in “‘People of the State of New York v. Trump’” Appears Unwarranted.” Wow, that’s BIG. The whole trial is a Democrat inspired HOAX, just like Russia, Russia, Russia, the SPYING on my campaign, the 51 Fake “Intelligence” Agents, the FISA forgeries, and everything else. THIS IS A TOTAL WITCH HUNT, WHERE I AM NOT EVEN ALLOWED TO HAVE A JURY. The corrupt A.G., Letitia James, convinced the Judge that Mar-a-Lago is only worth $18,000,000 when, in fact, it may be worth 50 to 100 times that amount. Based on their fake lowball number, the Judge ruled that I committed Fraud. NO, CORRUPT LETITIA COMMITTED FRAUD. Her papers are the Fraudulent ones, not mine, and she doesn’t have a DISCLAIMER CLAUSE. This case should never have been brought!!!

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
50 Senators are over the age of 65.

141 Representatives are over the age of 65.

Good Lord, if you forced retirement and term limits.

You'd actually see a change, that's hosed up.

gregday
May 23, 2003

he’s really pushing the idea that the entire trial is about the value of maralago

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

If everyone in his orbit weren't such an incompetent moron i would totally assume they hosed up the jury thing on purpose so he could complain about how unfair it is, radical antifa judge, etc. But i think it's equally likely they really just hosed it up

The other question is does trumo know they hosed it up and is taking advantage of it with this spin, or does he just know he's not getting a jury and doesn't know why and it's very very unfair election interference... both seem very possible

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Bethamphetamine posted:

TROOF

The respected New York Law Journal writes that the “Dissolution Ordered in “‘People of the State of New York v. Trump’” Appears Unwarranted.” Wow, that’s BIG. The whole trial is a Democrat inspired HOAX, just like Russia, Russia, Russia, the SPYING on my campaign, the 51 Fake “Intelligence” Agents, the FISA forgeries, and everything else. THIS IS A TOTAL WITCH HUNT, WHERE I AM NOT EVEN ALLOWED TO HAVE A JURY. The corrupt A.G., Letitia James, convinced the Judge that Mar-a-Lago is only worth $18,000,000 when, in fact, it may be worth 50 to 100 times that amount. Based on their fake lowball number, the Judge ruled that I committed Fraud. NO, CORRUPT LETITIA COMMITTED FRAUD. Her papers are the Fraudulent ones, not mine, and she doesn’t have a DISCLAIMER CLAUSE. This case should never have been brought!!!

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

Diabetic posted:

50 Senators are over the age of 65.

141 Representatives are over the age of 65.

Good Lord, if you forced retirement and term limits.

You'd actually see a change, that's hosed up.

a whole house of madison cawthorns

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

the eternal truemp question of, is he a huge idiot or is ue engaging in a clever rhetorical game (but is still an idiot)

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

gregday posted:

he’s really pushing the idea that the entire trial is about the value of maralago

to him it is

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

I just saw something about how the EAS test is actually dangerous to people in abusive situations who need a separate secret phone to stay safe which I imagine is a situation that exists but it just made me think about how many people are gonna get hosed over in two hours when the burner they use for cheating on their spouse goes off

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

I think this trial is going to make him the most mad out of any of the other trials

he doesn’t give a poo poo about being accused to storing nuclear secrets in the bathroom of his hotel house or being accused of election tampering. he does care that the state of New York says he’s not as rich as he claims.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

gregday posted:

I'm not completely sure any of the charged fraud even relates to MaL. It would have been one of the fraudulent claims made to the bank but I don't think it's technically part of this trial.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

alnilam posted:

the eternal truemp question of, is he a huge idiot or is ue engaging in a clever rhetorical game (but is still an idiot)

it's definitely a game but I wouldn't call it clever, since he's not even aware he's doing it

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

looking forward to my 5g zombie virus activation in a couple hours

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

alnilam posted:

You know how old people tend to just repeat themselves flawlessly on just random things even if it isn't relevant? It's a reflex in his brain.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

VideoKid posted:

I think this trial is going to make him the most mad out of any of the other trials

he doesn’t give a poo poo about being accused to storing nuclear secrets in the bathroom of his hotel house or being accused of election tampering. he does care that the state of New York says he’s not as rich as he claims.

You're right. He thinks he was right in taking those documents. But he thinks being told his money is exaggerated is a knife to the heart. He made his net worth one of his forbidden topics during his comedy roast, if I recall correctly.

full point
Jan 21, 2006

Tom Tucker posted:

Dodos were probably loving delicious. Like humans hadn't even started selectively breeding them yet. We could all be eating fried Dodo fingers right now happy as clams but no some short-sighted sailors got greedy like a bunch of assholes.

CODChimera posted:

the dodos being friendly and getting slaughtered makes me so sad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPggB4MfPnk

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
https://twitter.com/honestreporting/status/1709125485395931358?s=46

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Bethamphetamine posted:

TROOF

mr president, sir, what the gently caress are you talking about

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

quote:

The Nevada Independent reports that the Douglas County School District started getting hit with eye-popping legal expenses shortly after hiring attorney Joey Gilbert as its counsel.

In August, Gilbert's law firm charged the district $36,000 in legal fees, which the Nevada Independent notes is roughly double what the district would pay in monthly expenses for its previous legal representation.

One month later, Gilbert hit the district with a whopping $74,000 bill that has left some officials in the district stunned.

“I'm responsible for what has been budgeted, about $160,000 [for the entire year], and we're certainly on pace to blow past that," Superintendent Keith Lewis tells the Nevada Independent. "That's on my watch. In that way, I think I have a right to be concerned."

Benjamin Edwards, a University of Nevada Las Vegas law professor who specializes in legal ethics, said that one possible non-nefarious explanation for the massive bills is that Gilbert is so thoroughly lacking in experience with education-related law that he has needed to spend money simply to do work necessary to become competent at the job.

“A lawyer who has no expertise in a particular area can ethically take it on, so long as they put in the time and do the work to become competent in providing those services,” Edwards told the publication.

After losing the Republican gubernatorial primary last year, Gilbert filed a lawsuit alleging that the election had supposedly been stolen from him. After his complaint was found meritless, a judge slapped Gilbert with $88,000 in sanctions.

MAGAchud lawyers aren't a good hire? No way

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

Never thought elons Twitter would hit us with a "Well actually a teenager can be a child" community note

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

You FOOL! your 4 count indictment didn't include a disclaimer clause or NDA. This case must therefore be dismissed and you should be held in contempt of TRUMP

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Spaced God posted:

Never thought elons Twitter would hit us with a "Well actually a teenager can be a child" community note

technically its ephebocide

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Trump is waiting for the MOASS when Maralago is worth infinite money.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

mdemone posted:

I'm not completely sure any of the charged fraud even relates to MaL. It would have been one of the fraudulent claims made to the bank but I don't think it's technically part of this trial.

Just looping back to this, the MaL overvaluation is indeed part of the charged fraud, because it's listed on the SFC filings from 2014-2021.

The Trump Tower triplex, Seven Springs Estate, 40 Wall Street, and Trump Park Avenue are the other primary properties found to be fraudulent. Also the Aberdeen golf club in Scotland and Trump Doral in Florida.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

smarxist posted:

AI generated stickers are here

I keep thinking about tom cardys song about ai deciding to enslave us because of the hosed up poo poo we do with computers

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Bethamphetamine posted:

You FOOL! your 4 count indictment didn't include a disclaimer clause or NDA. This case must therefore be dismissed and you should be held in contempt of TRUMP

many people are saying this more and more

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

https://twitter.com/BeauBowmanKCCI/status/1709336325084549254?s=20

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

That's Donald J Trump

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Hoot??

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

how does a guard let an old man on roller blades wearing a fanny pack assault him

how safe is anyone with that guard

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Buddykins posted:

shes perfect

you don’t need to fall in love with every attractive woman you see, buddykins

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Someone find emfive

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

is this frfom before or after she died

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Bethamphetamine posted:

TROOF

do you think prez relates "Russia, Russia, Russia" to "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia" from the brady bunch? or does he even know about the brady bunch?

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

UFOTacoMan posted:

do you think prez relates "Russia, Russia, Russia" to "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia" from the brady bunch? or does he even know about the brady bunch?

Its a bit after his time

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Captain AmeRICO

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

Shout outs to my coworker for walking in and proudly announcing the santaria have nailed a pair of testicles to one of our trees which I guess is an upgrade from leaving sacrificed chickens next to our trees

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

UFOTacoMan posted:

Has to be it. That's the era his brain got stuck in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011