Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
It's funny how with the 2.0 release I am fine with just playing thru the regular CP2077 again and then possibly after that getting the new DLC (hopefully on sale!)

A lot of people will probably scoop it up right off the bat though so it's a win either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

This is what you get for not buying it when it was $10.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Actually I did buy it when it came out...... *takes deep breath* ..... on Stadia.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

BonoMan posted:

Actually I did buy it when it came out...... *takes deep breath* ..... on Stadia.

That doesn’t count because you got your money back!

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

MarcusSA posted:

That doesn’t count because you got your money back!

Yes but then I invested it in the Tallarico Amico!

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes
Quake 2 has been updated with numerous changes, one of which includes now being able to play LAN between Xbox and PC.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Thank you for your service.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

BonoMan posted:

Yes but then I invested it in the Tallarico Amico!

Were you an Ouya "investor" too?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

syntaxfunction posted:

Were you an Ouya "investor" too?

It wouldn't work with my Phantom keyboard so, no.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Darktide is up on console. I'm going to check it out tomorrow.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Darktide is pretty fun. Locales are way less cool than Vermintide 2 though.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Darktide is a solid coop horde shooter. Developer is notorious for bugs, but the core gameplay is great on this one and hopefully even better now with their big class overhaul. If coop horde shooter is in your wheelhouse, well worth a try.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Rocket Pan posted:

Quake 2 has been updated with numerous changes, one of which includes now being able to play LAN between Xbox and PC.

I like that they added "always run" back as a toggle, because it seemed to be permanently stuck in "tap the stick and you zoom across the entire room" mode. Now I can turn it off!

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Centusin posted:

My first impression of Lamplighters League is that I wish it didn't have the stealth stuff in it because the combat seems good and also I just played Shadow Gambit: The Cursed Crew

Also it looks terrible and doesn't seem to run great on series s

Yeah I’m keen to check it out but I’ve heard it’s inferior to Shadow Gambit in almost every way which is a bit of a shame

On the list behind Starfield, Forza, and (eventually) BG3

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Forza reviews are in

https://twitter.com/HazzadorGamin/status/1709471026353234397?s=20

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Will new Forza have Bathurst in it? A few years ago my non-gamer dad wanted to try one of the prev titles cause they had that circuit in it :australia:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
God is a Geek 9.5/10, the Xbox is saved

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Will new Forza have Bathurst in it? A few years ago my non-gamer dad wanted to try one of the prev titles cause they had that circuit in it :australia:

Might get it eventually but it's not one of the launch tracks: https://forza.net/news/forza-motorsport-track-list

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
They have confirmed further tracks will be released in free updates

*monkey's paw curls*

The first track to release post-launch is Yas Marina

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

Darktide is a solid coop horde shooter. Developer is notorious for bugs, but the core gameplay is great on this one and hopefully even better now with their big class overhaul. If coop horde shooter is in your wheelhouse, well worth a try.

everyone will play Darktide, myself included, until Killing Floor 3 comes out. I still play KF2, maybe the best brainless but endlessly fun 6-person coop horde shooters. I'm shocked it took another year to come out from planned release but the classes in Darktide def are interesting to me.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

FireWorksWell posted:

I started ff14 last year and I enjoyed stormblood a lot more than heavensward. HW has some very powerful moments though.

I tried FF14 after playing through GW2 and I couldn't stand the "baby's first MMO" aspect of the game. Having to run back and forth between quest givers/having to turn in quests, the incredibly slow gameplay, etc etc is just... bleh.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Yeah, for whatever reason I actually like that aspect but I've seen many people bounce off. Hell, I did start skipping dialogue around the Titan arc because it felt like a slog but things do improve steadily near the end of post-2.0.

However these systems feel way more tedious in ff16 to me (slow combat doesn't really apply but instead it's monotonous)

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen

Rocket Pan posted:

Yeaaah, getting owned by M+K users sounds great :thumbsup:

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Neco posted:

Quake 2 Xbox has been crossplay online since launch. If you've played it, you've probably crossed railguns with at least one rat-grabber.

Also, I think it supports KB+M on Xbox, too?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Neco posted:

So use a M+K on your Xbox if you are concerned with your K/D

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

MarcusSA posted:

So use a M+K on your Xbox if you are concerned with your K/D

Unhinged behavior

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Skill Issue

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Does Darktide support crossplay yet? That was the thing I didn’t like when it came to pc gamepass, I couldn’t play with steam pals and I didn’t want to buy it since I had it on gamepass!!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

priznat posted:

Does Darktide support crossplay yet? That was the thing I didn’t like when it came to pc gamepass, I couldn’t play with steam pals and I didn’t want to buy it since I had it on gamepass!!

Have a FAQ: https://forums.fatsharkgames.com/t/crossplay-f-a-q/81423
- On Steam, you will be able to matchmake, add friends, and join players from both Steam and Xbox Live. You are not able to opt out of Crossplay as a Steam user.
- On Microsoft Store and Xbox Series X|S, you will be able to matchmake, add friends, and join players from both Xbox Live and Steam. You can opt out of Crossplay via the Account Settings, which will limit your connectivity to Xbox Live players only.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
I resisted paying the $35 early access fee for Starfield but not sure I can resist for Forza. Must be strong

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I failed my first mission in Darktide but it wasn't 100% my fault. When I got rescued I glitched out of the map and fell to my death.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Is darktide the first gamepass game that’s straight up not for sale?

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

How did I miss the new Astral Purple controller coming out?
Anyone see a good deal on it?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Blue Raider posted:

Is darktide the first gamepass game that’s straight up not for sale?

try changing versions

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

I am in New Zealand :cool: and playing Forza.

I used $25 in Microsoft Rewards points to get the early access upgrade for $10, booyah

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

otter posted:

How did I miss the new Astral Purple controller coming out?
Anyone see a good deal on it?

It's bad because the back is white. Why do all the color controllers have white backs?

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Lunar Shift, Aqua Shift, Stellar Shift, Goon Squad etc all have black backs.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Lamplighters League is pretty awesome so far. If you like X-COM you'll probably like this one.

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018
I just noticed I haven't booted my XSX in three months. Maybe I ought to sell it. But where do I play my discs then? Life is hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Who cares about discs, just get game pass.