Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Spergin Morlock posted:

I'll give you one guess what he considers circumcision to be

He's, right on that one, broken clock and all that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1709614034058711109

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
ADL…….. Thank You

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

cucks lol

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Elon lawyers confirm he wants to tickle Israel's balls while tonguing its butt

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Spergin Morlock posted:

I'll give you one guess what he considers circumcision to be

ignorance is bris

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

quote:

"To be clear, any allegation that ADL has somehow orchestrated a boycott of X or caused billions of dollars of losses to the company or is “pulling the strings” for other advertisers is false. Indeed, we ourselves were advertising on the platform until the anti-ADL attacks began a few weeks ago. We now are preparing to do so again to bring our important message on fighting hate to X and its users.

Way to stick it to em, ADL

Gonna be real funny when their ads show up under @kill(((them)))all1488 and Elon just posts concerning. Or maybe the rofl emoji? Who knows the man is a mystery after all

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i think thats just the limitations of the software, notice how rarely any parts ever actually become disconnected from the car. everything just gets compacted instead of sheering off

yeah, to get really good physics you'd have to model each part and stick them together. I lolled when the drive shaft shot out tho. There's a whole species of these BeamNG.drive crash vids I got into last night.

But based on what I've seen so far I would not put anyone I care about inside a cybertruck. I'm sorry if that makes me an elon hater or whatever. No actually I'm not. gently caress that dude and ugly rear end ketamine dream truck.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i think thats just the limitations of the software, notice how rarely any parts ever actually become disconnected from the car. everything just gets compacted instead of sheering off

beam ng only models deformation and not shearing/shattering into multiple pieces, the only things that disconnect are parts that're already separate like bumpers and wheels

they've got a much fancier version that they license out to auto manufacturers for testing stuff that gets used for designing stability control systems and rapidly prototyping crash structures that actually can do that stuff iirc

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

holtemon posted:

Gonna be real funny when their ads show up under @kill(((them)))all1488 and Elon just posts concerning. Or maybe the rofl emoji? Who knows the man is a mystery after all

"these allegations are all antisemitic conspiracy theories and we will solve this issue by giving the people who made and spread them money not to do so"

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

FirstnameLastname posted:

beam ng only models deformation and not shearing/shattering into multiple pieces, the only things that disconnect are parts that're already separate like bumpers and wheels

they've got a much fancier version that they license out to auto manufacturers for testing stuff that gets used for designing stability control systems and rapidly prototyping crash structures that actually can do that stuff iirc

Not the same engine, but Hardspace Shipbreaker somehow manages to model ships breaking into potentially infinite pieces. you can slice most panels any number of ways, and if an explosion goes off it gloriously reduces your ship to confetti. I have no idea how they do it, it seems beyond the scope of most physics engines.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
bsky-social-fwmfi-joexj

bsky-social-o27gj-vzjup

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

holtemon posted:

IMC or WSBS will just post about how ADL is anti-Semitic actually and Elon will just go '!'.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

StormDrain posted:

bsky-social-fwmfi-joexj

bsky-social-o27gj-vzjup

reported

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Talorat posted:

Not the same engine, but Hardspace Shipbreaker somehow manages to model ships breaking into potentially infinite pieces. you can slice most panels any number of ways, and if an explosion goes off it gloriously reduces your ship to confetti. I have no idea how they do it, it seems beyond the scope of most physics engines.

hardspace is just taking a static object and splitting it into pieces basically by doing the same kinda trick that lets an object can be halfway through a portal in portal, it's going along the cut vector on the model and saying 'everything past here's separated, ignore it for physics and rendering', doing it for both halves gives the two halves of a cut object, that's why it only works along straight planes using the cutter tool and mines

explosion deformation/shattering is precooked too, like when something breaks it breaks all at once, they just did a good job with the pieces by adding dust and normal maps with little bits of wire and metal sticking out
its a fun game and chopping up ships is satisfying but there's not much actual physics involved and the only reason it works is because it's in 0-g, it wouldn't make any sense with gravity

beam.ng is fully modeling the diff. material strengths, friction, elasticity, the geometric distribution of forces across the vehicle frame, tires & suspension as it supports its own weight under gravity and how that all changes under deformation while colliding with another object

like, fiberglass will crumple while metal will flex and return to its original shape unless it fails, and it's all affecting the driving model and aero, it's modeling each car as separate parts, you can pull the radiator off and it'll overheat, it needs an actual fuel tank with fuel onboard to run, etc. it simulates different throttle maps and ignition timing, turbo manifold pressure and poo poo like that, if you make a car in beam.ng to its IRL specs it will handle and perform like it does IRL without anything else needed, from a 1910 model T to LMP-1s and w/e, it's more of a totally serious vehicle physics simulator with a driving game attached to it as a demo

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

lol Elon so transparently hates Jews and his little nazi dickriders are just loving thrilled they have a place to post hate speech now

amazing he and X haven't been completely ostracized from the internet

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

it's The X Platform now, and you're still using it

ads still show up if you're just scrolling through comments

Smug Mug
Jul 21, 2011

Hazo posted:

lol Elon so transparently hates Jews and his little nazi dickriders are just loving thrilled they have a place to post hate speech now

comments don’t show up unless you’re logged in, fool.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
this website is overun by and owned by nazis well better keep using it

Smug Mug
Jul 21, 2011

FirstnameLastname posted:

….
beam.ng is fully modeling the diff. material strengths, friction, elasticity, the geometric distribution of forces across the vehicle frame
….

:spergin: actually the model is simplified

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Hazo posted:

when has he ever said he hates jews

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

we can pull him to the left

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Hazo posted:

how are you enjoying your account on the nazi dickrider web site?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
thread is constantly sharing bluesky codes yet no one is using bluesky... curious

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

thread is constantly sharing bluesky codes yet no one is using bluesky... curious

they're following DaShareZone and then logging out, that's why bluesky is for

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
no bluesky is for cancelling dril

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Smug Mug posted:

:spergin: actually the model is simplified

ahhh! you know what i mean

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

when has he ever said he hates jews

a lot of people who hate jews will never say they hate jews.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

my only interaction with bluesky is checking for a code every few days and then posting it here :twisted:

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Ringo Roadagain posted:

a lot of people who hate jews will never say they hate jews.

they said "transparently"

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

they said "transparently"

its possible to transparently hate jews without saying you hate jews.

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Ringo Roadagain posted:

its possible to transparently hate jews without saying you hate jews.

you sure seem to know an awful lot about hating jews

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

you know who else knew an awful lot about that...

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Social media does suck but at least on bluesky when you load up the homepage it's memes and cat pictures instead of someone "just asking questions" lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Hazo posted:

According to the ADL Elon Musk has actually defeated antisemitism and the chuds are probably triggered and scared

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

holtemon posted:

Social media does suck but at least on bluesky when you load up the homepage it's memes and cat pictures instead of someone "just asking questions" lol

my social media site of choice is one "somethingawful.com"

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Musk's "stated intent" and five bucks might get you a cup of coffee from 7-11. Suckers.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

what are you trying to imply?

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Ringo Roadagain posted:

what are you trying to imply?

i was being transparent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU