Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Isn't potato-influencer more of a Belarus thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Turns out I know nothing about Polish YouTubers. Quaz is the only one that I've watched, I've heard about some of others in passing. It probably helps that dude is ~40 and didn't have huge spike of popularity.

My kid is at Minecraft and Roblox age, and in that seemingly quiet part of YT there was also some creep called Vito that did BDSM themed video miniature..

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Minecraft streamers veered hard into the „let’s make a soap opera with minecraft Steve farting at and ogling naked Minecraft ladies”, a while ago. There is no escape for your kids unless you actively censor everything before they have a chance to come in contact with it.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Antigravitas posted:

"German unification has been achieved, but not fully. We will tackle that together." – SPD, social politics for you.

Perhaps I was too quick to judge. :tinfoil:

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

East Prussia is ripe for the taking.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

We have this gently caress off big election in two weeks and the pedo youtubers are leading the top news websites

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Mokotow posted:

We have this gently caress off big election in two weeks and the pedo youtubers are leading the top news websites

My goondolences.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Where’s the YouTuber party?

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Paladinus posted:

My goondolences.

Not horrible. As a coalition and not a single party, Trzecia Droga needs to clear an 8% threshold, and it’s likely they’d form some sort of a broader coalition government with KO. Hell, considering how much everyone hates PiS, Lewica might join in too. Problems start if Trzecia Droga does not clear 8%, as due to voting rules I do not understand, PiS is then likely to get a super majority.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Trzecia Droga? Is that the "third way" thing or a drug thing?

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

mobby_6kl posted:

Unfortunately former. Their whole idea was "what if you could pick someone else than the usual PiS/PO" assholes.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

mobby_6kl posted:

The three drugs: alcohol, cigarettes, and krokodyl

(It is indeed called Third Way and is led by Szymon Hołownia and Władysław Kosiniak-Kamysz, though it's more radical centrist Christian democrat than neoliberal)

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

burnishedfume posted:

The three drugs: alcohol, cigarettes, and Wojtyla

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021

Anne Frank Funk posted:

Where’s the YouTuber party?

Konfederacja.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
What's the story with the 0% party (United Poland?)

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

OddObserver posted:

Had to check these chucklefucks out, never heard of them. Apparently it’s a collection of ultra conservative religious right wingers sprinkled with anti-COVIDers. Looks like it’s a random assortment of weirdos phased out from other right wing parties.

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021

OddObserver posted:

bunch of dudes and gals who decided PiS isn't right-wing and Christian enough.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

Mokotow posted:

Had to check these chucklefucks out, never heard of them. Apparently it’s a collection of ultra conservative religious right wingers sprinkled with anti-COVIDers. Looks like it’s a random assortment of weirdos phased out from other right wing parties.

Not even that, it's the former mayor of Siemianowice Śląskie running on an anti-COVID platform and some randos he got to sign up with him.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.
Really really hoping for the best in the elections, really really bracing for the worst.

RedSnapper
Nov 22, 2016
My prediction of "konfederacja will choose our government" remains unchanged since march.

I look forward to my expectations being subverted with an apathetic "meh" if KO somehow manages a stable government without the fash..

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Looks like KO is lurching forward and PiS is falling bit by bit. With Tusk opting to participate in the regime TV debate and Kaczynski lolnopeing out if it, I hope they can keep this trend going.

I was disappointed that Tusk’s speech during the million hearts march open, of course, with JPII. I understand this is key to securing a majority in onion land, but jesus loving christ being born in the early 80s it’s been JPII this and JPII that all my live. He’s been dead for close to 20 years! :fuckoff:

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts

Mokotow posted:

Looks like KO is lurching forward and PiS is falling bit by bit. With Tusk opting to participate in the regime TV debate and Kaczynski lolnopeing out if it, I hope they can keep this trend going.

I was disappointed that Tusk’s speech during the million hearts march open, of course, with JPII. I understand this is key to securing a majority in onion land, but jesus loving christ being born in the early 80s it’s been JPII this and JPII that all my live. He’s been dead for close to 20 years! :fuckoff:

what do you MEAN "pokolenie jp2" was just a meme

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
pokolenie jp2 is real it’s just that they misidentified which generation it is

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

sick new avatar btw

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021
Nowa Lewica decided to shot themselves in the feet by choosing the most bland, milquetoast candidate ever who also happens to have neoliberal views on economy to pre-election debate in national TV. Why?

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Nowa Lewica is a joke. Czarzasty is a publishing millionaire. Zandberg is a high salaried software developer who decided on the wave of Razem’s initial success that what’s really needed is high salaries for the party leadership. Biedroń is… a TV celebrity now, I guess? Waiting for him to go on Dancing with the Stars/Fame MMA. There real left local activists and politicians get pushed down the list so far you’ll never find them without flipping the pages.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
How else would you convince the moderate vote?

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Mokotow posted:

high salaried software developer who decided on the wave of Razem’s initial success that what’s really needed is high salaries for the party leadership

yospos bithc

Guildencrantz
May 1, 2012

IM ONE OF THE GOOD ONES

Mokotow posted:

Nowa Lewica is a joke. Czarzasty is a publishing millionaire. Zandberg is a high salaried software developer who decided on the wave of Razem’s initial success that what’s really needed is high salaries for the party leadership. Biedroń is… a TV celebrity now, I guess? Waiting for him to go on Dancing with the Stars/Fame MMA. There real left local activists and politicians get pushed down the list so far you’ll never find them without flipping the pages.

(Full disclosure I am a disillusioned former member of Razem, defending them a bit here but mostly because the line is misleading rather than on much of general principle)

Tbf the salaries thing was a way to finance the 2019 election campaign that they otherwise couldn't because of not running as a coalition and some arcane electoral law stuff (essentially routing the campaign war chest through the leaders donating as private citizens). It was after my time, but AFAIK the party leadership did not keep the money, they put it toward the campaign. It was incredibly loving stupid because it inevitably became a PR own goal, but it wasn't greed. After the initial success, the salaries for party employees (including the leadership) were pretty low, IIRC pinned to the national average.

You can accuse the Razem leaders of selling out their ideals for an illusory sliver of power, and you'll be correct, but definitely can't accuse them of selling out for money.

szary
Mar 12, 2014
They're still the least lovely of all major parties I guess

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Fingers crossed they’ll be in the government in a couple moths. First real test of power hungriness

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Guildencrantz posted:

(Full disclosure I am a disillusioned former member of Razem, defending them a bit here but mostly because the line is misleading rather than on much of general principle)

Tbf the salaries thing was a way to finance the 2019 election campaign that they otherwise couldn't because of not running as a coalition and some arcane electoral law stuff (essentially routing the campaign war chest through the leaders donating as private citizens). It was after my time, but AFAIK the party leadership did not keep the money, they put it toward the campaign. It was incredibly loving stupid because it inevitably became a PR own goal, but it wasn't greed. After the initial success, the salaries for party employees (including the leadership) were pretty low, IIRC pinned to the national average.

You can accuse the Razem leaders of selling out their ideals for an illusory sliver of power, and you'll be correct, but definitely can't accuse them of selling out for money.

Fair enough, thanks for enlightening.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
Man, there were lines being thrown at the debate

PM Morawiecki, PiS posted:

The facts are that at the European Council I presented a firm veto. I learned there that Donald Tusk has a position promised to him if he'll accept migrants.

If PO takes power, it will be like in a Lidl: a German Week and airlines to Germans. You can't fool genetics, they'd sell the forests, Baltic, and the Tatras.

I'll start with a question to Donald Tusk: I know you have received a vase from Putin in 2010. What did you get it for and how much is it worth?

Szymon Hołownia, Third Way posted:

I wonder what kind of vase did the Polish government get for selling our crown jewel, Lotos [an oil company].

[About "fat cats" in state owned companies] Pack your litter boxes!

Krzysztof Maj, Non-Partisan Local Government Members posted:

I don't know if there's anything left to privatise.

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

I was worried about how Scheurig-Wielgus would perform, but holy hell, she managed to be the only sane person there. Bosak absolutely ate poo poo, he sounded like he was deep in a K hole lmfao

sad question
May 30, 2020

I tried to watch the debate but quickly tapped out - it was just powerfully painful to watch.

Studio looked like a cheap quiz show set.

Questions that took longer to read than to answer because they included weird rants against UE/opposition. And presenters would then repeat them whole.

Morawiecki and Tusk trading schoolyard insults instead of answering questions.

Didn't exactly fill me with hope

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Rough days for Kaczoresku lost his cool at the monthly wreath laying ceremony at the Smolensk stairway to heaven memorial and ripped apart a wreath left by protesters with a card blaming his brother for the crash, then proceeded to bark orders at the police to get him details of the protesters present, because he’s the security minister (completely illegal). All captured on camera.

Also, two highest ranking generals left. This is due to an ongoing conflict with the minister of defence, who threw the military under the bus for the failure to spot a Russian missile into the country (the military claims they spotted it and informed the minister who ignored the news for months until someone stumbled onto whatever was left of the missile in a forrest outside Bydgoszcz).

KO managed to catch up to PiS and even the Third Way seems to be doing okay. Government media is shook and they were ordered to stop hosting or citing any opposition politicians. Cautiously optimist about Sunday!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Mokotow posted:

Rough days for Kaczoresku lost his cool at the monthly wreath laying ceremony at the Smolensk stairway to heaven memorial and ripped apart a wreath left by protesters with a card blaming his brother for the crash, then proceeded to bark orders at the police to get him details of the protesters present, because he’s the security minister (completely illegal). All captured on camera.

Is there a video?

E: \/\/\/ Dzięki!

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Oct 11, 2023

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Happy to report yes

https://tvn24.pl/tvnwarszawa/srodmi...cjantom-7385477

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

I thought the comment about a "monthly wreath laying ceremony" was an exaggeration. What the hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.

Mr. Apollo posted:

I thought the comment about a "monthly wreath laying ceremony" was an exaggeration. What the hell.

Yeah, it's been some real cult poo poo for signalling hardcore party allegiance. For the rando seniors attending, I mean; Kaczyński has been legitimately brainbroken by Smoleńsk in a fairly understandable way.

Also for some clarifications of varying importance:
- it wasn't protesters, just a particular dude who's been at it for several years now.
- it's not the first rodeo, there's been bunch of incidents with military cops over this and a number of defamation cases.
- the courts were swatting all of said cases down and it eventually turned to quietly removing the wreaths the dude (with his court-mandated approval for laying these) left the scene.

So, as cringe of a scene it was, it wasn't really anything all that new if not for the pre-voting amplification. Now, other than Kaczyński's nerves cracking and going more personal with this the spicy bit is whether:
- it was just bad timing with Jaro feeling acting very entitled in public, or
- it not being a coincidence that the military police failed to keep playing along in the midst of a fairly open act of military discontent.

Also, it's been a group of 11 officers that all quit together, but the two generals are the big headliners.