Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

still no clear answer on them fixing the stash problem

thats a big yikes from me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
alright that was good
see y'all on the 17th10th

The Ol Spicy Keychain fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Oct 4, 2023

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
As a person who has complained a bunch about this game, these changes look decent. But I've also been burned repeatedly and keep coming back so I probably have really bad judgement.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Mikojan posted:

still no clear answer on them fixing the stash problem

thats a big yikes from me

They're adding 5 empty tabs on October 17th!

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.
Diablo IV coming to steam is the biggest signal yet I think that the game didn't do as good retaining players as Blizzard thought it would? https://store.steampowered.com/app/2344520/Diablo_IV/

Or was that a plan all along and I just missed it?

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
pretty much all the changes are positive ones, which is nice. still waiting for the next stream to see if it means I'll play the game longer, or just play like half the time of last season, but actually enjoy most of it

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

kaaj posted:

Diablo IV coming to steam is the biggest signal yet I think that the game didn't do as good retaining players as Blizzard thought it would? https://store.steampowered.com/app/2344520/Diablo_IV/

Or was that a plan all along and I just missed it?

Activision is moving almost all of their PC games to steam.

Hearthstone and World of Warcraft are the only ones that have not been moved for some reason.

Call of Duty, Overwatch 2, Diablo 4, Destiny, and several others were already announced.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Oct 4, 2023

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

hearthstone is a mobile game and wow is older than steam itself so there is probably technical limitations in there that they're still working through

gonna be funny reading through the Real Reviews of each game though as they release

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017
https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo4/24009152/bite-down-on-darkness-in-season-of-blood
List of of the upcoming season 2 changes and additions. List of minor and major vampiric powers

quote:

The below values reflect each Vampiric Power at their maximum Level 3.

Minor Vampiric Powers (1–3 Pacts Required):

• Anticipation (1 Divinity): Your Ultimate Skills gain 20% Cooldown Reduction. Your Ultimate Skills gain 12% increased damage for each nearby enemy affected by your Damage Over Time effects.

• Coven’s Fangs (2 Divinity): Your Conjuration, Companion, Minion, and Bat Familiar attacks deal 52% increased damage to Crowd Controlled enemies. Lucky Hit: Your Conjuration, Companion, Minion, and
    Bat Familiar have up to a 30% chance to inflict Vampiric Curse when hitting enemies.

• Domination (1 Ferocity): You deal 24% increased damage to enemies who are Stunned, Immobilized, Frozen, or Feared. If they're also Injured and not an Elite, they're instantly killed.

• Feed the Coven (1 Eternity): Lucky Hit: Conjuration, Companion, Minion and Bat Familiar attacks have up to a 60% chance to restore 10 Primary Resource to you and increase your Damage by 10% for 4 seconds.

• Hectic (3 Divinity): For every 5 Basic Skills you cast, one of your active Cooldowns is reduced by 2 seconds.

• Hemomancy (3 Eternity): Your attacks deal 80% of your Maximum Life as Physical damage to nearby enemies. This can only occur once every 4 seconds. You heal for 1% of your Maximum Life for each enemy damaged this way.

• Infection (1 Ferocity): Hitting enemies with direct damage infects them with Pox. Inflicting Pox 8 times on an enemy expunges their infection, dealing 70% Poison damage.

• Jagged Spikes (1 Ferocity, 1 Divinity): Thorns have a 10% chance to deal 300% increased damage and Chill enemies for 8%.

• Prey on the Weak (2 Ferocity): You deal 16% increased damage to Vulnerable enemies. Enemies are Vulnerable while affected by a Vampiric Curse from your other Vampiric Powers.

• Rampart (1 Divinity, 1 Eternity): After not moving for 3 seconds, you gain a Barrier for 40% of your Maximum Life for 6 seconds. This effect can occur once every 20 seconds.

• Ravenous (3 Ferocity): Lucky Hit: Up to a 20% chance to increase your Attack Speed by 40% of your Total Movement Speed for 6 seconds.

• Resilience (2 Eternity): You gain 1% Damage Reduction for each 2% Life you are missing.

• Sanguine Brace (1 Divinity, 1 Eternity): When you kill an enemy, Fortify for 6% of your Base Life. While you have more Fortify than half of your Maximum Life, you gain 8% Critical Strike Chance.

• Terror (1 Ferocity, 1 Divinity, 1 Eternity): When struck, you have a 14% chance to Fear nearby enemies and Slow them by 80% for 2 seconds. You are guaranteed to Critically Strike enemies who are Feared.

• Undying (1 Eternity): Casting Skills heals you for 3% Life. Double this bonus while below 50% Life.

Major Vampiric Powers (6 Pacts Required):

• Accursed Touch (6 Divinity): Lucky Hit: Up to a 44% chance to inflict Vampiric Curse on enemies. Enemies with the Vampiric Curse have a 15% chance to spread it to other surrounding enemies. Accursed Souls deal 200% increased damage.

• Bathe in Blood (3 Divinity, 3 Eternity): While Channeling a Skill, you form a pool of blood beneath you. While channeling a skill in a pool, your Channeled Skills deal 40% increased damage and you gain 30% Damage Reduction. A pool can only form once every 8 seconds.

• Blood Boil (6 Eternity): When your Core Skills Overpower an enemy, you spawn 3 Volatile Blood Drops. Collecting a Volatile Blood Drop causes it to explode, dealing 60% Physical damage around you. Every 20 seconds, your next Skill is guaranteed to Overpower.

• Call Familiar (3 Ferocity, 3 Divinity): Casting a Mastery, Weapon Mastery, Macabre, Wrath, or Imbuement Skill calls a bat ally to attack nearby enemies, dealing 80% Physical damage with a 30% chance to Stun.

• Flowing Veins (2 Ferocity, 2 Divinity, 2 Eternity): You deal 60% increased Damage Over Time to enemies that are moving or affected by a Vampiric Curse.

• Metamorphosis (2 Ferocity, 2 Divinity, 2 Eternity): When you Evade you turn into a cloud of bats, becoming Unstoppable for 4 seconds. Enemies along your path take 160% Physical damage and are inflicted with Vampiric Curse.

• Moonrise (6 Ferocity): Hitting an enemy with a Basic Skill grants you 4% Attack Speed for 10 seconds, stacking up to 5 times. Upon reaching maximum stacks, you enter a Vampiric Bloodrage, gaining 160% Basic Skill damage and 15% Movement Speed for 10 seconds.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

just in time for Spider-Man 2 to come out

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
this seems good! thank you vic for your tireless posting, this is all you buddy, you did it

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Auto-run feature enabled for one click running in a certain direction.
Is this really that big a deal? I'd much prefer them to add an autoattack toggle to basic attack so you're not holding the button down all the time.

I play on console so I'm genuinely interested how big a deal this is for kb/m players, do you have to click to move?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Here's the link to the livestream recap that has all the non-seasonal changes as well

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo4/24009151/descend-into-the-diablo-iv-developer-update-livestream

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I play on console so I'm genuinely interested how big a deal this is for kb/m players, do you have to click to move?

It's a nice thing to have to just vaguely wave the cursor in the direction you want to go.

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

this seems good! thank you vic for your tireless posting, this is all you buddy, you did it

Thank you, sometimes it was hard to cut through the noise of people content with "having fun", but the game's now in a better place, to everyone's enjoyment. The road out of early access will be long. Maybe years. But we'll get there. Together. And it will cost us many additional dollars.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
All these changes sound great. It's not going to silver-bullet fix everything in one patch but it's all good to see.

I only played S1 for a day or two and got bored at level ~60 on a Whirlwind barb, but I am interested in S2 now.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

CharlestonJew posted:

Wow they actually put dudes who want the game to be fun in charge this time around, wild

Yeah these sound like great changes but I still am really curious what the meeting room discussion was around stuff like the horse cooldown

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Lots of good changes, it all will still hinge on what they work out with the itemization prior to season start if it will be worth tuning in

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

It was quite funny when they asked if they were going to add anything to give players a reason to do open world stuff, and there was a long moment of "uhhh" where you could tell it genuinely hadn't occurred to them either that people would want to do that, or that there wasn't already enough of a reward.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

quote:

Reduced the time spent having to regain renown each season, all earned renown rewards persist between seasons and characters (this does not include experience or Gold).
Earned Skill Points, Potion Capacity, Max Obols and Paragon Points earned from Renown will persist between each character. Renown Experience and Gold must be earned on each character.
For example:
Character 1: earns Renown Tier II in a region
Gains 1 Skill Point, 1 Potion Capacity
Creates Character 2, earns Renown Tier I in a different region
Gains 1 Skill Points
Creates Character 3:
This Character automatically receives both renown rewards from Characters 1 and 2
2 Skill Points, 1 Potion Capacity available
This does not apply to Hardcore characters (it’s called Hardcore for a reason).
For non-Hardcore characters, Altars of Lillith and Map Discovery progress still carry over.

lmao what the gently caress blizzard

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
so are Hardcore characters getting even LESS renown carryover? Like it's going to be their original vision of 0 shrines 0 map 0 renown every season forever?

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

It was quite funny when they asked if they were going to add anything to give players a reason to do open world stuff, and there was a long moment of "uhhh" where you could tell it genuinely hadn't occurred to them either that people would want to do that, or that there wasn't already enough of a reward.

That was disappointing to see. I feel like they think Hell Vampire Tides is already enough.

I know there's a lot of comparison to PoE but Guild Wars 2 has open world content that I think d4 should draw from.

Many many world bosses just out in the open on fixed timers. Players naturally group up at each.

Event chains. "Protect the caravan survivors" could be the the start to a 5 event chain, and not always the same 5 events! At the moment, maybe three people wander into the initial event then gently caress right off when it's over. Instead the group could continue on together and by the last event you might have 15 players.

Some zone that allows territory capture area that results in changes to the map as players make progress against towards a boss fight.

Blizzard made an open world argp but did a really lovely job on the open world part. Also on the argp part, but at least they're trying to fix that.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Really like all these changes. I have to say I’m only mildly interested in the vampire flavour, but will see how it goes- but a bunch of the QoL changes are awesome (yes some should have never made it to launch without it being done, but whatever).

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

am I dumb or did I miss any changes related to respeccing being annoying as gently caress?

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

VOTE1 posted:

Really like all these changes. I have to say I’m only mildly interested in the vampire flavour, but will see how it goes- but a bunch of the QoL changes are awesome (yes some should have never made it to launch without it being done, but whatever).

Yeah the seasonal mechanics are whatever but everything else seems pretty nice.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
All good changes. Nothing that'd make me want to come back for another round of Leveling Is The Content, but they're continuing to get the base game shaped up. I'm sure in S3 when they introduce greater rifts Major Hellportals things will be in a pretty decent state.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

victrix posted:

am I dumb or did I miss any changes related to respeccing being annoying as gently caress?

They hinted at a Paragon board reset button or buyable scrolls of amnesia but didn't say anything concrete today, strongly implied they'd be talking about it next week

also spec loadouts are being worked on but nothing to announce yet

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Mailer posted:

All good changes. Nothing that'd make me want to come back for another round of Leveling Is The Content, but they're continuing to get the base game shaped up. I'm sure in S3 when they introduce greater rifts Major Hellportals things will be in a pretty decent state.

Class changes still coming up

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Hail Mother Lilith!

That steam thing is probably Microsoft wanting an expanded reach.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
drat they’re fixing cyberpunk, Darktide, and d4???

Great year to be a gamer.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Last few pages reminds me of when we first learned about all the reaper of souls changes all those years ago :unsmith:

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

victrix posted:

A 1 off q&a where someone asked about it and they more or less said "wait for next stream"

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Activision is moving almost all of their PC games to steam.

Hearthstone and World of Warcraft are the only ones that have not been moved for some reason.

Call of Duty, Overwatch 2, Diablo 4, Destiny, and several others were already announced.

It's probably also not a coincidence that it's going to Steam like 1 day before the final closing date of the MS acquisition (closing will probably happen sometime in the next week or so).

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Are they fixing the mob density?

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Field Mousepad posted:

the thing they fixed like 3 months ago? yeah

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

All good quality of life changes, although I'm sad we aren't getting a loot filter (unless that is part of itemisation changes). Vampire powers sound fine I guess and I'm sure just like the hearts there will be some that turn out to be broken due to things the description doesn't mention. It's enough that I'll make an S2 character, especially if there's some good stuff announced next week too.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Vic posted:

It's a nice thing to have to just vaguely wave the cursor in the direction you want to go.

Thank you, sometimes it was hard to cut through the noise of people content with "having fun", but the game's now in a better place, to everyone's enjoyment. The road out of early access will be long. Maybe years. But we'll get there. Together. And it will cost us many additional dollars.

i will now relentlessly post about the need for Diablo 4 classic that stays on the preseason patch as a show of my discontent with these changes because i was already having fun

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
Yeah, i got that achievement from the beta. That was an older, leaner diablo. When loot was loot and men were men. We didnt have any “search” feature. No, we kept a spreadsheet on the other monitor.

Yall babies dont know what its like to read through every affix on every rare that drops for 120 hours straight. You think i got glasses for nothin’?

Hell, we didnt even have a horse until act 4, and then it wouldn’t even break through barries. You sissies dont know how it feels to stop and break a barrier. Now scoot along, ninny

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
oh weird, blog post says the blood harvest only appears in dry steppes, hawezar, and scosglen.

they also call out Dark Master in the blog, which i’m assuming is the new vampire big boss. they said Uber Duriel is going to be less difficult than Lillith, so i’m guessing he will be as well. i hope it’s at least harder than Varshan was on WT4. that fight didn’t really seem that different or harder than end of dungeon bosses. just longer

also they call Duriel the Lord of Pain in the blog. Joe went out of his way to say King of Maggots as his title at least a couple times rather than Uber Duriel. i’m probably just reading into that too much

not sure if anyone pointed these out, but new bonuses available in the urn of ashes:

Urn of Blood: Boost the Hunter’s Acclaim you earn from Blood Harvest activities.
Urn of Helltides: Boost the chance to receive an extra equipment item from Helltide chests. The extra item will be of Legendary rarity or better.
Urn of Swift Travel: Boost how quickly your Mount recovers from sprinting.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Field Mousepad posted:

you mean to poe/d3/etc levels? never. they decided to put this game on the xbox 1 and the piss 4, so they're forever constrained to that hardware

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Poe is on those Platforms and has inane mob density

this was a good day for d4. I hope the class announcements is buffs to all builds