Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
It seems sort of scavenger huntish? resources get a different symbol, that you can mouse over for some sort of potion ingredient. Just found one so far... 100 more to go to get any sort of reward???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Event should show up in the calendar section along with a note or two explaining.

#27 posted:

Watch currencies. When they look unusual, hover over them for ingredients.

#28 posted:

Use ingredients. Perform rituals.
So something extra to poke around for now and then, with a few permanent rewards to get later on.
Guessing Potions from successful rituals might give some extra buffs in the interim.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

The UI has a lot more stuff easily accessible on the github version atleast.
With the mine it shows mining + upgrades on the same screen for me, less tab-switching.

Busier sure, but I kinda prefer it.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

SubNat posted:

The UI has a lot more stuff easily accessible on the github version atleast.
With the mine it shows mining + upgrades on the same screen for me, less tab-switching.

Busier sure, but I kinda prefer it.

This has to do with the screen size because it's not in a tiny sub window. I actually like it at 110% zoom at 1080p which brings it back to the double column instead of triple, the 3 is too busy for all but the farm, the farm really likes having that 3rd column.

Some of them are either just too busy with 3 or I've memorized the clicks and it's throwing me off and I should just bite the bullet but I also kind of like having slightly larger text anyway.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Am I missing something or does Recovery not work in Horde mode? I am watching my guy mow down enemies to farm organs and my HP does not recover.

e: and now it is. Maybe there's a level/difficulty threshold or something

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Am I missing something or does Recovery not work in Horde mode? I am watching my guy mow down enemies to farm organs and my HP does not recover.

e: and now it is. Maybe there's a level/difficulty threshold or something

Remember recovery is based on missing hp. So when you at almost full health, you are not going to see that bar move much when you recover 2% of the missing 2%.

And when you are 1 shot killing stuff, I bet recovery and damage get bundled into the same hp bar update tick. So if you would take 1000 damage, and recover 800hp, you net show losing 200hp for that tick.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

What farm upgrades are people liking for their crops?

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

What does ore compression do?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Xand_Man posted:

Lets you shove in more than 1 of an ore at a time in a slot, click the arrow on the slot

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Xand_Man posted:

To add to the first reply, it increases the minium value when you shove more ore in not the top end value. It may be better odds to craft multiple cheaper picks depending on what ores you are throwing in and how high your compression multiplier is set to. Don't just do the max you can afford it can set you back on upgrades if you overspend since well you can still hit that top end.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Orvin posted:

Remember recovery is based on missing hp. So when you at almost full health, you are not going to see that bar move much when you recover 2% of the missing 2%.

And when you are 1 shot killing stuff, I bet recovery and damage get bundled into the same hp bar update tick. So if you would take 1000 damage, and recover 800hp, you net show losing 200hp for that tick.

Ah, this makes more sense. Thanks.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

Zotix posted:

What farm upgrades are people liking for their crops?

I'm going for the 2x growth time but 1.5x yield, exp, gold etc. because it means less upkeep.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

junan_paalla posted:

I'm going for the 2x growth time but 1.5x yield, exp, gold etc. because it means less upkeep.

If it doesn't have a rare drop this isn't very good especially with overgrowth well actually at current levels your strat is probably fine just once you get overgrow near 100% I think it will wane.

That said you prestige crops at level 4 and can reroll all the bonuses so who cares what you pick now. (by this I mean I'm going to wait for someone else to do the min / max math)

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

I don't seem to get event notifications/calendar section in gooboo, guess event stuff is gated by global level?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Atoramos posted:

I don't seem to get event notifications/calendar section in gooboo, guess event stuff is gated by global level?

I think it was 150-ish? About where it'd be unlock wise I think it was added in an update because it was just a bonus option in my list one day after loading but I also got a bunch of offline stuff. It was before the event went live I got it I think Sunday because I remember Bingo "running" but the currency showing as ?? because I didn't have any topaz (I assume it uses topaz)

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
If anyone knows what the Night Hunt's potion combinations are, please let me know. After getting the 2 ingredients upgrade, I just save scummed and tried out various combinations and got nothing except for a potion from a single Charred skull.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
i haven't actually done anything in the event yet but i assume the answers can be deduced from https://github.com/Tendsty/gooboo/tree/main/src/js/modules/event/nightHunt

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

dipwood posted:

If anyone knows what the Night Hunt's potion combinations are, please let me know. After getting the 2 ingredients upgrade, I just save scummed and tried out various combinations and got nothing except for a potion from a single Charred skull.

They are apparently random to each player according to the discord.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

dipwood posted:

My single ingredient potion was the maple leaf. The next time I get a few minutes to check the game I should have the 10k to unlock a second slot and see what options I can get for 2 ingredient potions.

Baddog
May 12, 2001

Zotix posted:

They are apparently random to each player according to the discord.

That's pretty cool actually. My single was just the maple leaf. I blew a chunk on the 2-slots and haven't found anything new yet.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Okay so there's limited number per combo, any idea on the breakdown?

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

I've had 6 attempts at 2-ingredient and failed all of them, and seem to have found absolutely no ingredients in the past 8 hours.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I think there's a limited number of ingredients active at the same time so you have to check everywhere to unclog it. One of the weird places you wouldn't think to check is the gems section.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

The school as well. But no, I checked everywhere and still nothing.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Xerol posted:

The school as well. But no, I checked everywhere and still nothing.

Don’t forget to check the prestige page of each of your activities. I have had ghosts replaced by an item on the horde prestige page.

Also check the event page to make sure that you have magic items in the queue to be picked. After 8 hours you should, but there is a counter that slowly refills over time.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

I think it was tab backgrounding ruining yet another idle game. Had the window active for 5 minutes and got 3 items.

Baddog
May 12, 2001

Orvin posted:

Don’t forget to check the prestige page of each of your activities. I have had ghosts replaced by an item on the horde prestige page.

Also check the event page to make sure that you have magic items in the queue to be picked. After 8 hours you should, but there is a counter that slowly refills over time.

Ahh thanks, had one on the village prestige page.

When magic is under 8, feels like a very slow convert. Think the potion is automatic if you get the right combo the first time? Or has to be a success (20%).

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

can someone explain the crew mechanic in unamed space idle to me? i dont get the point of biosleeves and poo poo

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Ramadu posted:

can someone explain the crew mechanic in unamed space idle to me? i dont get the point of biosleeves and poo poo

Hiring ("printing") a crewmember costs a biosleeve. You can fire ("retire") that crewmember later, but you won't get the biosleeve refunded, which limits how many times you can swap out your crew per prestige. The two reasons to fire a crew member are:

1) To get a different crew member, since you have limited active crew slots; or

2) To get the same crew member again, but gaining XP faster (because each crew member gains XP faster based on the highest XP ever gained by a crew member of that type, across all presitges), or (later) with rank points spent differently.

Crew do stuff when you spend their rank points on the skills they have. Both the number of rank points they have and the effects of those skills scale with how much XP they've gained in their two stats.

If you can give a specific type of crew member 500 exp levels in their stats a single prestige, added up across all the times you've hired and fired that crew member this prestige, that crew member gains mastery. This makes that crew member stronger (more rank points and much better exp gain) and gives you a Mastery Point to spend in the other tab. It also makes the next mastery level for that crew member need ten times as many total exp levels in a single prestige. Having lots of biosleeves to spend on hiring and firing and re-hiring the same crew member is a good way to get masteries.

You start each prestige with idk 1 biosleeve or something and generate more over time, but the time to generate a new biosleeve is doubled each time one is generated, and doesn't get reset until you prestige. There is a cap on how high the biosleeve generation time can get, but the cap is like four real-time days or something, so in practical terms you're not gonna sit through that, so you have a finite number of biosleeves available each prestige.

edit: Early on the direct benefits from crew skills will be pretty paltry, but mastery point perks and the milestone awards you can unlock on the other tab for leveling up your crew are extremely good, so that's the real benefit you're looking for. Later on, when you unlock more types of crew and your crew can reach higher levels, the crew skill effects will start getting good. You can't possibly get enough mastery points to buy all the mastery point perks, so choose carefully. Don't buy the one that speeds up synthing; you'll max out your synths soon enough anyhow.

Lottery of Babylon fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Oct 5, 2023

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Hiring ("printing") a crewmember costs a biosleeve. You can fire ("retire") that crewmember later, but you won't get the biosleeve refunded, which limits how many times you can swap out your crew per prestige. The two reasons to fire a crew member are:

1) To get a different crew member, since you have limited active crew slots; or

2) To get the same crew member again, but gaining XP faster (because each crew member gains XP faster based on the highest XP ever gained by a crew member of that type, across all presitges), or (later) with rank points spent differently.

Crew do stuff when you spend their rank points on the skills they have. Both the number of rank points they have and the effects of those skills scale with how much XP they've gained in their two stats.

If you can give a specific type of crew member 500 exp levels in their stats a single prestige, added up across all the times you've hired and fired that crew member this prestige, that crew member gains mastery. This makes that crew member stronger (more rank points and much better exp gain) and gives you a Mastery Point to spend in the other tab. It also makes the next mastery level for that crew member need ten times as many total exp levels in a single prestige. Having lots of biosleeves to spend on hiring and firing and re-hiring the same crew member is a good way to get masteries.

You start each prestige with idk 1 biosleeve or something and generate more over time, but the time to generate a new biosleeve is doubled each time one is generated, and doesn't get reset until you prestige. There is a cap on how high the biosleeve generation time can get, but the cap is like four real-time days or something, so in practical terms you're not gonna sit through that, so you have a finite number of biosleeves available each prestige.

edit: Early on the direct benefits from crew skills will be pretty paltry, but mastery point perks and the milestone awards you can unlock on the other tab for leveling up your crew are extremely good, so that's the real benefit you're looking for. Later on, when you unlock more types of crew and your crew can reach higher levels, the crew skill effects will start getting good. You can't possibly get enough mastery points to buy all the mastery point perks, so choose carefully. Don't buy the one that speeds up synthing; you'll max out your synths soon enough anyhow.

thank you

Arbetor
Mar 28, 2010

Gonna play tasty.

Orvin posted:

And hourglasses! Just had a maple leaf on my hourglass bar.

(Out of context idle game statement bizarreness: C-, weird, but not particularly incomprehensible or truly bizarre)

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
on my t4 government run; hopefully the buildings won't be horrendously underwhelming!!!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Thanks to gooboo school I've learned I can touch type words, but not letters. Odd.

Well, maybe not odd since that's what I've spent most of my life doing

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Gooboo dev said an expansion for Village and then overhauling Horde is next.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
i was doing some cheatin' and love how the developer added in an easter egg to roast ppl trying to spoil their night hunt recipes

there are secret recipes that use "cheese" as an ingredient (which i assume only exists to facilitate cheaters asking in discord "how do you get cheese")

e: nvm im a dingus; turns out it was just a feature that unlocks later

crime weed fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Oct 5, 2023

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005
Applied to the Ironwood RPG GOON guild as Fitz

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Anyone found any strategies for finding potions? It seems like even if you have the right combo, your success rate is still quite low meaning you might need a bunch of chances to find the potion. I found the first potion, but now that there's 2 slots it's a bit trickier.

Also, has anyone found a list of all of the places that event resources can be found? Like can they appear on the souls page for horde, and any of the categories there?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Zotix posted:

Anyone found any strategies for finding potions? It seems like even if you have the right combo, your success rate is still quite low meaning you might need a bunch of chances to find the potion. I found the first potion, but now that there's 2 slots it's a bit trickier.

The flag that says "new" goes away if you roll "success" on not a combo. Try every combo until it no longer says new that doesn't involve the single for the single pot. You then want to level that potion for an increase in income. Don't forget to spend the stuff on income multipliers and potion success in the mean time!

Also the order Clover / Skull is not the same as Skull / Clover.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

pixaal posted:

The flag that says "new" goes away if you roll "success" on not a combo. Try every combo until it no longer says new that doesn't involve the single for the single pot. You then want to level that potion for an increase in income. Don't forget to spend the stuff on income multipliers and potion success in the mean time!

Also the order Clover / Skull is not the same as Skull / Clover.

How do you level the potion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Banemaster
Mar 31, 2010
Gooboo feels strangely... "sterile"? Flavourless? Not exactly sure why I am not liking it, but I guess I will drop it (for now).

Zotix posted:

How do you level the potion?

Brew the same potion again. Note that price increases for every completed potion of that type.