Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Art

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Hatebag posted:

although now that i think about it a lot of renaissance art is basically manufactured artistic commodities too. like bosch didn't paint all that poo poo, he had a coterie of little weirdos painting his grinning rear end egg man and so forth in his nightmare factory. and a lot of old art was made the same way. hm, something to think about.
i guess if there's a coherent vision and purpose to a piece of work that you find meaning in, then you got yourself an art, fella.

yeah none of this is qualitatively new it's just on a wildly different scale. art historians and philosophers already had all these conversations in a more longwinded old-timey and boring way

e: it is fun to think and talk about though

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

now this is podracing

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

aw frig aw dang it posted:

how about any installation-based art? bitch??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TIMM6TER14

gently caress YES

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

can I clear out side quests bedsore I start Act 2 or will V go crazy if I don’t help her

should I buy the expansion pack now ?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the milk machine posted:

wrong. alexander calder is real and strong and he's my friend

don’t see mobiles much anymore

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

euphronius posted:

can I clear out side quests bedsore I start Act 2 or will V go crazy if I don’t help her

You can do side quests at any time.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Lostconfused posted:

You can do side quests at any time.

There's some that you can't. The video on what quests are time sensitive is like 7 minutes long check that out on the youtubes.

Your bummed out neighbor is timed and if you think you are doing it right and you haven't visited the graveyard, you didn't do it right. Something with Judy is timed, but I forget what. It like makes sense.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

cant they throw him in the lazurus pit

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

smarxist posted:

gently caress YES

lol that owns

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Art is when you make a thing and then have enough of an ego to call it special compared to all the other poo poo people make all the time

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Fried Watermelon posted:

cant they throw him in the lazurus pit

Unlike Ras, Batman is not afraid of death. He will keep his humanity. Then batman drove himself into Ras's glowy katana to headbutt Ras off a cliff. It was p badass

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Gumball Gumption posted:

Art is when you make a thing and then have enough of an ego to call it special compared to all the other poo poo people make all the time

like your terrible posts

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

BONGHITZ posted:

sometimes art is transient

BONGHITZ posted:

a cs:go round victory soundpack

a fortnight dance

a dota taunt

like tears in the rain

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

smarxist posted:

like your terrible posts

Thank you for thinking they're special

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
posts are art

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

KirbyKhan posted:

posts are art

yep

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

KirbyKhan posted:

posts are art

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
How did I miss this?
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1709418623566020975?t=Z_ZZ6xKU2BjzprqhbDVU6w&s=19

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/AjentVee/status/1709425356447404432

who is still playing those games???

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Love it when brands win, cheering for my favorite brands

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

can someone tell me what the online play was in kid icarus uprising, I'm genuinely curious

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The deadline to rescue Pokemon on old hardware is already long past, that's the only one anybody cared about

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Splatoon is on Switch now and is very popular there and Smash players are never happy no matter what is going on

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

if i had to guess: small, dedicated communities of fans

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

loquacius posted:

who is still playing those games???

Children

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Bummer about the 3DS losing internet. I remember using my 3DS to avoid the internet ban when I was in the hotel for a sequestered jury trial back in 2014 or 2015 (since it was sequestered we had our phones taken and couldn't access the internet or freely watch TV). Felt really clever at breaking the rules like that.

edit: Also it's just a bummer that there will probably never be another truly portable dedicated console. The Switch is cool and all, but the 3DS was far more portable.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

Bummer about the 3DS losing internet. I remember using my 3DS to avoid the internet ban when I was in the hotel for a sequestered jury trial back in 2014 or 2015 (since it was sequestered we had our phones taken and couldn't access the internet or freely watch TV). Felt really clever at breaking the rules like that.

edit: Also it's just a bummer that there will probably never be another truly portable dedicated console. The Switch is cool and all, but the 3DS was far more portable.

the steam deck is an exclusively portable console

it's big enough to make a gamegear look petite sure, but it fits the criteria

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

the glare on the monitor

the dried milk at the bottom left

the dust rim

art

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Xaris posted:

not interested in cs anymore. wake me up when valve makes Day of Defeat 2

This

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

euphronius posted:

expansion pack is really good so far, if you're digging the 'punk then it's an easy buy

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
the best thing the expansion pack ads imo are the radiant style "steal this car" missions for mumar. theyre varied and really force you to drive a bunch of different cars in different scenarios. plus the rewards are huge and you get a discount on not autotrader

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Hatebag posted:

although now that i think about it a lot of renaissance art is basically manufactured artistic commodities too. like bosch didn't paint all that poo poo, he had a coterie of little weirdos painting his grinning rear end egg man and so forth in his nightmare factory. and a lot of old art was made the same way. hm, something to think about.
i guess if there's a coherent vision and purpose to a piece of work that you find meaning in, then you got yourself an art, fella.

there's also the part where basically any and all famous renaissance art you can think of was a commissioned piece

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

the steam deck is an exclusively portable console

it's big enough to make a gamegear look petite sure, but it fits the criteria

You can still use it as a PC and connect it to a monitor. But my point is more that there aren't any portable consoles you can reasonable fit into a pocket (and that really function as anything other than "a small computer/normal console") and that have their games developed for them specifically as "portable games" (this is only partially true for the Switch).

I also liked both the 3DS's gimmicks, but mainly the double screens.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Al! posted:

the best thing the expansion pack ads imo are the radiant style "steal this car" missions for mumar. theyre varied and really force you to drive a bunch of different cars in different scenarios. plus the rewards are huge and you get a discount on not autotrader

yeah they're fun. I like the air drops too just as an excuse for some big combat

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

the car jobs also get you guaranteed skill xp chips

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

BONGHITZ posted:

the dried milk at the bottom left

"dried milk"

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

You can still use it as a PC and connect it to a monitor. But my point is more that there aren't any portable consoles you can reasonable fit into a pocket (and that really function as anything other than "a small computer/normal console") and that have their games developed for them specifically as "portable games" (this is only partially true for the Switch).

I also liked both the 3DS's gimmicks, but mainly the double screens.

also i love my steam deck but just like the switch, it's better in docked mode

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
using nanotech hacking in the cyberpunk future to rescue shiny Pokemon from NDS devices found in The Great Eastern Ruin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Evacuating Pokemon from my 3DS like the last helicopter out of Saigon