Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

woke is over, barbie is the only acceptable girl power

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/mikefalconlifts/status/1709385062993510886?t=fYlR4JNvCtFLivD7fKAUjQ&s=19

It's incredible that "Stormtroopers are bad shots" has escalated to a point where now they're just shuffling towards Jedi as an uncoordinated mob while they get mown down with lightsabers

This is laughably pathetic
The finale was so bad even most of the die hard apologists in tviv were panning it

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

I think there's no way you can ever get me excited let alone interested for star wars anything at this point. Disney's so thoroughly chewed the IP up and spit it out it's totally out of juice

I don't even think you could go for a tonal reboot like some sort of gorey sexy grimdark show like GoT because it's just be weird + Disney would never do it

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

HootTheOwl posted:

The finale was so bad even most of the die hard apologists in tviv were panning it
drat Disney musta really hosed the pooch if they lost the TVIV fandom

and I would hope so because drat that looks loving horrendous

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Yeah, Star Wars is played the gently caress out. The OT was fun enough, prequels were a little obnoxious but they mainly just did the tent pole movies and a few series, but ever since Disney and Awakens it's just been full court press. I wonder when kids are going to start rejecting it as millennial old people poo poo and those boring rear end movies dad keeps making us watch.

Although at least Andor and Mandolorian up to Season 3 were decent.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/MSN/status/1709710117866705227?s=20

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Blood Boils posted:

Yes? She loves clubbing

also she roller derbies

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

andor is cool it reminds me of the trashy expanded universe novels i would read that would bring up the tradecraft the rebels would use early on.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Popy posted:

andor is cool it reminds me of the trashy expanded universe novels i would read that would bring up the tradecraft the rebels would use early on.

I think the most emblematic scene in the show is two side characters you've become deeply invested in having a tense discussion of spycraft in front of Jar Jar's shield

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Someday Disney's gonna get the bright idea to reboot ANH (a perfect movie that should be left to rest in film history) and kill the franchise for good

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Whirling posted:

didn't they make like a new gothic clown gf for the Joker to date in the comics

"Punchline"

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Some Guy TT posted:

has anyone watched upload on amazon prime its one of those shows with a title thats impossible to search for but apparently enough people watch it theres a third season coming in a couple of weeks

I liked season 1 but season 2 seemed to veer into boring melodrama so i dropped it. theres a similar show thats also on prime i believe, its animated but much much better, cant remember the name tho.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/mikefalconlifts/status/1709385062993510886?t=fYlR4JNvCtFLivD7fKAUjQ&s=19

It's incredible that "Stormtroopers are bad shots" has escalated to a point where now they're just shuffling towards Jedi as an uncoordinated mob while they get mown down with lightsabers

is this a joke because i think they are meant to be literal zombies

still looks like dogshit tho

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

babypolis posted:

is this a joke because i think they are meant to be literal zombies

still looks like dogshit tho

I haven't seen the show. It looks like the wizards(?) in red were reanimating the troopers with some kind of magic, so it looked like a zombie scene to me.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
https://twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1709648669589578208

Is all the fight choreography this silly?

Llamadeus
Dec 20, 2005

Eric Cantonese posted:

Is all the fight choreography this silly?
https://streamable.com/vb0v61

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

this makes two old guys clumsily bashing each other kendo-style look like fine cinema

I'd say "at least they're all getting paid" but that was all pre-strike and is Disney VFX heavy so everyone involved probably got super hosed

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

why does it look like zack snyder did the color grading

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Just finished The Bear S2 and I'm mostly just kind of mad at the ending depending on Claire just kind of silently replacing Tina at the fridge door while Carmy was talking, without either of them saying anything out loud eg "holy poo poo you're stuck inside a refrigerator, are you okay?" or "Oh look, it's your girlfriend, hey Claire Carmen's stuck inside the fridge" like a person might say in that situation, it just feels contrived to me that's all. Richie arc was probably the best one overall

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

i'm the stormtrooper who gets shot, falls over, gets back up and starts looking and running at the wrong angle compared to the person i'm fighting

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I don't believe you , this sounds fa

oh.

oh........

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

oof

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

loquacius posted:

Just finished The Bear S2 and I'm mostly just kind of mad at the ending depending on Claire just kind of silently replacing Tina at the fridge door while Carmy was talking, without either of them saying anything out loud eg "holy poo poo you're stuck inside a refrigerator, are you okay?" or "Oh look, it's your girlfriend, hey Claire Carmen's stuck inside the fridge" like a person might say in that situation, it just feels contrived to me that's all. Richie arc was probably the best one overall

Yeah there was a lot that felt forced
but at the same time a lot of people missed the obvious parallels between hosed up family and the fine dining stuff thinking that it was a classist take that "everyone is getting culturally elevated with their elitist training" and not realizing that everyone is as hosed up as ever in different ways

but it's a pretty show and the lead is a pretty fella with charisma for days and I'll keep watching that trash

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Why do so many YouTube explainer videos have the host talking to themselves in the form of some silly character that has nothing to do with loving anything at all?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

lmfao. people actually watch this???

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Nichael posted:

Why do so many YouTube explainer videos have the host talking to themselves in the form of some silly character that has nothing to do with loving anything at all?
i dunno but im blaming zoomers for it, shall not be convinced otherwise

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

skooma512 posted:

Yeah, Star Wars is played the gently caress out. The OT was fun enough, prequels were a little obnoxious but they mainly just did the tent pole movies and a few series, but ever since Disney and Awakens it's just been full court press. I wonder when kids are going to start rejecting it as millennial old people poo poo and those boring rear end movies dad keeps making us watch.

Star wars visions was good too

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Xaris posted:

i dunno but im blaming zoomers for it, shall not be convinced otherwise

this was literally the millennial shtick for the entirety of zoomer lifetimes

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Grapplejack posted:

I don't believe you , this sounds fa

oh.

oh........

Glad to see Veronica from archie comics is getting edgy.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

What happened when Joker got pregnant earlier this year? Did he go broke from going woke?

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Ghost Leviathan posted:

this was literally the millennial shtick for the entirety of zoomer lifetimes

90's kid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unjq5qGIHZk

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

Nichael posted:

how many of them are failed actors

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

if you stand at the top of the stairs in the zombie stormtrooper level and put your madcatz controller on turbo mode X you can farm infinite credits

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I think Star Wars should stop. We should sue for peace in the Star Wars.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Apparently those look like zombie stormtroopers because... they literally are zombie stormtroopers, being reanimated by sith necromancy

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
star wars = poop culture

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

somehow a stormtrooper has returned....

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Fellatio del Toro posted:

somehow a stormtrooper has returned....

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

i'm just so tired of all these star wars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caelxii
Jun 20, 2003

skooma512 posted:

My three boys don’t give a poo poo about Star Wars other than ‘lightsabers are cool’. They pretty much just put up with me wanting to watch the Disney plus shows. So we’re mostly there already.