Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

LordArgh posted:

I think it's pretty obvious he has some kind of diagnosable mental illness

We're all aware but it's not worth worrying about. Just point and laugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

LordArgh posted:

I think he’s mentioned having bipolar and some form of dyslexia iirc, other than that who knows

edit: agreeing with the poster above, not worth worrying about

Rags to Liches fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Oct 5, 2023

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
One (of many) description online for his book says that it's partially about his struggles with bipolar disorder, but it's literally never mentioned in the book or even alluded to at all.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

CodfishCartographer posted:

One (of many) description online for his book says that it's partially about his struggles with bipolar disorder, but it's literally never mentioned in the book or even alluded to at all.

ahh that’s on me then for being terrible at paying attention!

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
Rob Schneider came into a restaurant I work at earlier in the year with Adam Sandler and Kevin James and apparently Rob tried to be a real snob about ordering wine and sent back the first two bottles he ordered like a dick until Sandler shut him down with a "Just stick with a fuckin' bottle, ya jackass." and he tucked his tail between his legs and shut up.

Anyways that's my Rob Schneider story. Nathen being bodied with one word like that by a sniveling barnacle like Schneider is pretty telling.

Kro-Bar fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Oct 5, 2023

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Rags to Liches posted:

lol you're good, I think it's something that was brought up around the time of the let's read in the first thread, and hasn't been talked about much since. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he does have bipolar disorder, but unless someone in this thread is Nathen's actual therapist I don't think any of us are qualified to say anything definitive one way or the other.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

The last good thing Rob Schneider ever did was poo poo-talk about Steven Seagal on Howard Stern. Somehow this is further indignifying for Mazri.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Rags to Liches posted:

LEARN THE LORE!

Seriously though, I don't think any one person has every detail of the rich labyrinth of this entergaging saga memorized

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Escape From Noise posted:

LEARN THE LORE!

Seriously though, I don't think any one person has every detail of the rich labyrinth of this entergaging saga memorized

I thought I had the lore memorized from the very beginning!! :smith:

Honestly though, labyrinth is a very apt description for this

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Rags to Liches posted:

I thought I had the lore memorized from the very beginning!! :smith:

Honestly though, labyrinth is a very apt description for this

But instead of David Bowie in the codpiece, it's Nathen.

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

LordArgh posted:

Rampant narcissism.

Not exactly pitiable.

Kro-Bar posted:

Rob Schneider came into a restaurant I work at earlier in the year with Adam Sandler and Kevin James and apparently Rob tried to be a real snob about ordering wine and sent back the first two bottles he ordered like a dick until Sandler shut him down with a "Just stick with a fuckin' bottle, ya jackass." and he tucked his tail between his legs and shut up.

And that restaurant was Garfield Eats

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

CodfishCartographer posted:

A google search reveals that the only web mention of "bipolar" in relation to Nathen, outside of forums, is on just one book vendor's webpage for his book.
https://www.booktopia.com.au/arabiolosis-nathen-mazri/book/9781504982641.html

Weird, because you'd think the blurb on that page would have been provided by Nathen himself.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Oh shiiiiiiii...

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Oh shiiiiiiii...

drat Toronto is a mess

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Scooby BOR

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
I know people are going to say rich, but I don't get why a rich saudi-canadian of "celibate" orientation would support the politics he does. It isn't even in his own interests.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

temple posted:

I know people are going to say rich, but I don't get why a rich saudi-canadian of "celibate" orientation would support the politics he does. It isn't even in his own interests.

Politics contains multitudes

I know a gay Asian dude who's part of a union and voted for Trump the second time

People are just bizarre when it comes to politics, and it quite often isn't in their best interest because the emotional appeal is much more powerful than the logical one

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

temple posted:

A lot of people base their politics on hurting other people, even when it's against your best interests to support those politicians. Insert the Lyndon Johnson quote about how easy it is to fleece poor white people if you promise to hurt black people

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I love that Adam Sandler seems to be a nice guy and Rob is a belligerent piece of loving poo poo chud. Funny how that worked out lol

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

5er posted:

Rob Schneider: They hate free speech, I should be allowed to believe and promote that a bunch of fake bullshit is real without having it challenged by 'facts!'

He's a great match for our boy Nate.

The twitter spat was just nationalism, they probably vibe pretty closely in general.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

temple posted:

Nathen identifies far more as a repellant piece of poo poo than as celibate

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023

Captain Yossarian posted:

I love that Adam Sandler seems to be a nice guy and Rob is a belligerent piece of loving poo poo chud. Funny how that worked out lol

My buddy was a PA on one of those Netflix shitted out movies Adam did. He drove Adam around a bit. First thing Adam asked him was if he was Jewish. He said no, which was absurd, who wouldn't say yes? Could've been in 9 Crazier Nights.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Has anyone seen that interview he said would be going up yesterday but hasn't actually posted?

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

Has anyone seen that interview he said would be going up yesterday but hasn't actually posted?

It's not up yet, apparently:
https://honisoit.com/?s=nathen+mazri

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Politics contains multitudes

I know a gay Asian dude who's part of a union and voted for Trump the second time

People are just bizarre very, very stupid when it comes to politics, and it quite often isn't in their best interest because the emotional appeal is much more powerful than the logical one

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

MassRafTer posted:

(He’s not going to post it hth)

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Oh shiiiiiiii...

Lol, it’s a business with a storefront, it’s somehow more successful than Scooby Doo EATS.

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

I imagine the hypothetical journalist who may or may not have interviewed Nathen is stuck with the dilemma of knowing that almost anything the publish about him will expose how embarrassing disconnected from reality he is -OR- you can workshop the article to hell and to cover for him, but then everyone knows you're full of it.

On top of that, Nathen is eagerly waiting for the article, and has your contact info. He's the kind of guy who will immediately call for a hundred changes or "corrections" because the article isn't exactly how he'd want it.

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/nathenmazri/status/1711411517311053914?t=y5e8dCm0v3QQjN3iliB9Hw&s=19

quote:

No Comment

No context either.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

coward

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

He’s gonna give us his hot take on Israel sooner or later. Dude absolutely cannot keep his mouth shut

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Frank Frank posted:

He’s gonna give us his hot take on Israel sooner or later. Dude absolutely cannot keep his mouth shut
Ah, that makes sense. I was thinking he got a copy of that article he was plugging last week and was trying to head something off.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Nathen make the tweet

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

Article's up.

https://honisoit.com/2023/10/the-man-with-nine-lives-an-interview-with-nathen-mazri/

Posting before I read it.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Oh God we're gonna get an I/P take aren't we

is he saying what I think he's saying

quote:

There’s someone up there in the pyramid that is really controlling this world. I mean I know who, but maybe we’ll leave it for another interview.

Seth Pecksniff fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Oct 10, 2023

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
“Have you seen Wandavision?” I asked.

“No,” he replied.

“Oh, well,” I said, “Vision says to Wanda Maximoff: What is grief but love persevering?

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

GarfieldEATS: I hate (((Mondays)))

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Oh God we're gonna get an I/P take aren't we

It's Garfield

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Yeah, mummies are secretly controlling the world.

We live in a mummy cursed world!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

quote:

“So you wanna know why it closed down,” Nathen said. “And you know, it’s very simple. Paramount terminated the licence agreement… Covid, and the lockdown… [I] really worked hard to, you know, bring a taste of Garfield through delivery… and until we were able to reopen we continued to serve Lasagna’s Garfield-shaped pizzas [and] Garfuccino coffee.”

Lasanga's Garfield

Also, was Garfuccino always spelled with a 'u'?

quote:

"I did, I went on a hiatus,” he said. “I left Instagram for about 6 months, and I had to grieve, I had to grieve. I mean, I wore him for a while. That’s what they taught me in branding and marketing courses, live the brand, feel the brand, be the brand. And what I did is I took it too far and I lost myself. I forgot who Nathen Mazri was. The cat will never leave me.”

"I forgot who Nathen Mazri was. The cat will never leave me" is a decent thread title.

quote:

Nathen explained this to me. “Even closing down a business needs a budget… And the landlord, I call them the “land monster”, he gave us hell… I always said, you may have the keys, I have the Garfield fans. And with that I won and kept the rent as low as possible until he wanted more and more… Why is someone still [struggling to buy] a piece of bread? It’s all about money. You talk to me about ethics, morality, and [it’ll] override it! We live in a triangle. There’s someone up there in the pyramid that is really controlling this world. I mean I know who, but maybe we’ll leave it for another interview.”

...as is "We live in a triangle."

Akratic Method fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Oct 10, 2023