Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Most Improved: Julia Hart getting stealth awesome - AEW 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Bonk posted:

Nth

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Bonk posted:

:black101:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Sit-Down Interview of the Year: Christian Cage and Darby Allin, AEW Dynamite, 28/09

Actually that's a good idea, I'll call Nick Wayne's mum

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dango Bango posted:

Promo Battle of the Year: MJF vs. Jay White - AEW Dynamite 9/27

Yeah, loved this so much.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Rarity posted:

Sit-Down Interview of the Year: Christian Cage and Darby Allin, AEW Dynamite, 28/09

Actually that's a good idea, I'll call Nick Wayne's mum

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Rap of the Year Candidate: Shane Haste, AEW Collision, 30/09

Slapped, jack

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rarity posted:

Rap of the Year Candidate: Shane Haste, AEW Collision, 30/09

Slapped, jack

Nth, they even did the Tomko bit.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Video About Wrestling of the Year

Kim Justice's video KENTA vs SUWA: An All-Time Great Heel Performance
Watch it, it's half an hour about a match 3rd from top of a show from 18 years ago

Popped up on my Youtube recommendations this morning & hell, you mention SUWA in a video title & I'll probably the watch it because he's a guy who has never gotten his dues. Video gives you a lot of context to make it easy to follow the story here. House of Torture should be made to watch SUWA because that guy was a heat machine, an absolutely superb heel, an all-time wrestling prick.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

forkboy84 posted:

Watch it, it's half an hour about a match 3rd from top of a show from 18 years ago

Popped up on my Youtube recommendations this morning & hell, you mention SUWA in a video title & I'll probably the watch it because he's a guy who has never gotten his dues. Video gives you a lot of context to make it easy to follow the story here. House of Torture should be made to watch SUWA because that guy was a heat machine, an absolutely superb heel, an all-time wrestling prick.

Yeah this ruled. I was already a fan of Kim Justice's stuff. I like the concept of highlighting matches like this one.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Guest Commentary of the Year - Jon Moxley, Wrestle Dream

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Hostile crowd of the year: Seattle crowd chanting "gently caress You Cowboy" at Adam Page, WrestleDream 2023.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Fish Of Doom posted:

2nd.

Commentary Duo of the Year: Jon Moxley and Nigel McGuinness - AEW WrestleDream 10/1

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Glass Punkbull 141 posted:

Hostile crowd of the year: Seattle crowd chanting "gently caress You Cowboy" at Adam Page, WrestleDream 2023.

Nth

Fish Of Doom posted:

Nth

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Fish Of Doom posted:

Nth, hope he saved enough money for the swear jar :ohdear:

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Rarity posted:

Nth, hope he saved enough money for the swear jar :ohdear:

That saved-up money was for his long overdue vacation, which now once again has sadly been pushed back until next year at least.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Foley Artist of the Year: Swerve Strickland - AEW WrestleDream 10/1

I knew it was fake but adding a slap to the armbreaker spot made me sit straight up in my chair :stare:

closet statist
Mar 9, 2010

Dango Bango posted:

I knew it was fake but adding a slap to the armbreaker spot made me sit straight up in my chair :stare:

Nth. I squealed

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Fish Of Doom posted:

big nths

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

Dango Bango posted:

Nth. A masterstroke.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Dango Bango posted:

I loving love wrestling

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

Wait.

Who's going to update the thread OP now that Penguin Patrol is perma'd?

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Wait.

Who's going to update the thread OP now that Penguin Patrol is perma'd?
Terrible news,
code:
Penguin Patrol hosed around with this message at 06:51 on Mar 20, 2022

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

Lol

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Huh I wonder what happened to them, let me go look...

:stare:

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

forkboy84 posted:

Hell yeah, I always loved SUWA back in the Toryumon days. They've been steadily releasing a lot of old Toryumon on the Dragongate Network and it's a real trip to finally see old SUWA matches in HD. Crazy MAX were absolute shitheads back in the day.

It's too bad because SUWA had won the UDG belt and was about to get his big run at the top until he got injured a couple months into his reign, and by the time he was healthy Ultimo was on his way out and CIMA had the belt again before they rebranded to DG. I don't think SUWA would've stuck around otherwise, because he talked poo poo about the company after he left, but it would've been cool to see how far he would've gone.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Bonk posted:

Hell yeah, I always loved SUWA back in the Toryumon days. They've been steadily releasing a lot of old Toryumon on the Dragongate Network and it's a real trip to finally see old SUWA matches in HD. Crazy MAX were absolute shitheads back in the day.

It's too bad because SUWA had won the UDG belt and was about to get his big run at the top until he got injured a couple months into his reign, and by the time he was healthy Ultimo was on his way out and CIMA had the belt again before they rebranded to DG. I don't think SUWA would've stuck around otherwise, because he talked poo poo about the company after he left, but it would've been cool to see how far he would've gone.

The good thing of the fallout between SUWA & DG was at least that his NOAH run rocked. And then we even got SUWA challenging Danielson for the ROH World Title in one of those 2006 UK shows (the night after the insane match with Nigel)

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Pretape of the year: Toni Storm becomes TIMELESS, AEW Dynamite 10/4/23

She keeps escalating

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
mid-match talking of the year: toni storm, in her match vs skye blue on the 10/4/2023 dynamite

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Promo of the Year: Christian Cage responds to Adam Copeland, AEW Dynamite 10/4/23

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

Deathlove posted:

Promo of the Year: Christian Cage responds to Adam Copeland, AEW Dynamite 10/4/23

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Deathlove posted:

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Deathlove posted:

Nth.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Deathlove posted:

I'll nth this as the GFYOTY

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

way better than when Jericho tried to get GFY over

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Deathlove posted:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Maxwell Lord posted:

Pretape of the year: Toni Storm becomes TIMELESS, AEW Dynamite 10/4/23

She keeps escalating

flatluigi posted:

mid-match talking of the year: toni storm, in her match vs skye blue on the 10/4/2023 dynamite

Deathlove posted:

boy howdy

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Deathlove posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOkJ54oqt5Q

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

flatluigi posted:

for those who were sadly commercial'd during the show

https://twitter.com/KXNGAO/status/1709746809008975977

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

flatluigi posted:

Deathlove posted:

YEAH