Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
I’m watching The Sect on shudder (UK) it’s pretty nuts but nowhere near hits as hard as Soavi’s other films.
The Church and Dellamorte Dellamore being personal favourites although I recently watched Stagefright and it was a fun ride.

What I’m saying is watch all the Soavi movies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Yeah I actually like the Exorcism in Exorcist 3. I also like that it ends with him just blowing him away with his gun.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Soavi is on my Italian director Mt Rushmore

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

https://x.com/jlalibs/status/1709638014509408560?s=46

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

ruddiger posted:

Also, had no idea Hellraiser Bloodline is getting a work print release, really interested in seeing what are the differences.

ooo i'm excited about this, the workprint supposedly has a bunch more of the cenobites going ham in pre-revolutionary france

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Gaz2k21 posted:

I’m watching The Sect on shudder (UK) it’s pretty nuts but nowhere near hits as hard as Soavi’s other films.
The Church and Dellamorte Dellamore being personal favourites although I recently watched Stagefright and it was a fun ride.

What I’m saying is watch all the Soavi movies

I agree about The Sect except that the scene with the rabbit watching TV is A++

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Hellraiser Bloodline work print sounds fun but I remember Stuart Gordon was originally tapped to direct it, and nothing can reach that idea for me

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

that would've been cool but i kinda feel like we already have Stuart Gordon's Hellraiser and it's called From Beyond

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
The Horror Thread Inquisition has begun, please report in the thread any other posters that you think are involved in witchcraft, demonology or other dark arts. There will be a brief trial. If found guilty then they will be imprisoned for a set period of time

(You cannot name me a witch or consort with the devil)

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Please ignore my witch avatar

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Hollismason posted:

The Horror Thread Inquisition has begun, please report in the thread any other posters that you think are involved in witchcraft, demonology or other dark arts. There will be a brief trial. If found guilty then they will be imprisoned for a set period of time

Oh I know someone SUPER evil

Hollismason posted:

Never mind

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

that would've been cool but i kinda feel like we already have Stuart Gordon's Hellraiser and it's called From Beyond

that's true. between all the cool goop and cosmic nonsense i forget about the kink

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
From Beyond is a 1st date movie.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hollismason posted:

I’m a witch bitch

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Hollismason posted:

From Beyond is a 1st date movie.

Depends on how your date feels about Ken Foree in tighty whities covered in goo jk everyone loves seeing Ken Foree in tighty whities covered in goo

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

I’m a witch bitch

I'm a bitch witch, I'm a lover
I'm a child, I'm a mother
I'm a sinner, I'm a saint
My dress is now in flames

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

M_Sinistrari posted:

New trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SqZe6THOpk

I still think it would look better with the old film grain.

Always like it when a fake trailer becomes a real movie. That said, I hope it really leans into the funny. Trailers can be deceiving, I remember Cabin Fever trailers didn't show quite how funny that movie was, but this is definitely a lot less funny of a trailer than the original.

Patrick Dempsey is inspired, I can see him being funny with the earnest ham. Tough to top Michael Biehn's moment, blood? "Son of a bitch...."

I've always felt like comedy is Eli's calling, the screwy European vacation hijinks in the first half of Hostel is the best part of that movie by far. And Cabin Fever is still his best movie. But I get it's the more extreme grim horror movies that do it for him. Also I feel like the I guess kids texting on cellphones thing we see so much in modern horror movies just feels a bit samey, would've been cool if it was set back in the day too.

So anyhoo, I'll just set my expectations lower, but it should be a fun time.

This also made me learn Eli Roth is making a Borderlands movie, and Gina Gershon is in both that (as Moxxi) and Thanksgiving. Classing up the joint.

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Oct 5, 2023

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Eli Roth left borderlands when it was finished filming during editing to work on thanksgiving lol

Just peaced out. What a goofy man

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

CelticPredator posted:

Eli Roth left borderlands when it was finished filming during editing to work on thanksgiving lol

Good to know, interesting I see Tim Miller did some reshoots. I'm guessing that's a very studio notes-y kind of movie etc.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
I watched The Pope's Exorcist just to get the gang tag, and god drat it was bad.

I've heard bad accents but Crowe's Super Mario impression Italian accent is really bad.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
I saw Goody CelticPredator taking communion with the dark lord in the broom closet and they summoned the dark lord and the dark lord looked at me.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Have you considered that the Super Mario Priest is the best way to play an Italian priest tho?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

CelticPredator posted:

You have been accused of witch craft and consortium with the dark lord. How do you plead?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Count Thrashula posted:

I watched The Pope's Exorcist just to get the gang tag, and god drat it was bad.

I've heard bad accents but Crowe's Super Mario impression Italian accent is really bad.

I like when Pope Django is doing some exorcism research, sees the information has been hidden, and says "it's-a redacted!"

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Both the Russel Crowe Amorth and the real Gabriele Amorth wish they could be as cool as Father Vergara

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Dooooope my Kanopy account got in The Cell and Wrath of Becky

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem

Count Thrashula posted:

The Pope’s Exorcist was a surprisingly fun romp. I find myself still thinking about it from time to time, it’s just so stupid but it works.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Conversely I have completely forgotten everything about Pope’s Exorcist since watching it.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

just as casual horror-adjacent binging, the Shearsmith / Pemberton show "Inside No. 9" has a number of spook-inspired episodes, but the episode "The Trial of Elizabeth Gadget" is some supreme old-world witch hunt fun

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Hollismason posted:

Does this include former practitioners?

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Hollismason posted:

The fact that my name is a vampire reference means nothing I promise

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I am a demon my full name is Phywacket

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

M_Sinistrari posted:

No its only for current posters practicing the dark arts in the month of Oct and people who are not legitimately doing it for religious reasons but instead trying to make a quick buck and cause problems.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Oct 5, 2023

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Hollismason posted:

No its only for current posters practicing the dark arts in the month of Oct.

I think m_sinistrari is participating in witchcraft in order to watch so many movies every year

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

M_Sinistrari posted:

You have been accused! How do you plead?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Top three popes exorcist moments

pigsorcist shotgun execution
Demon side eye/double pupil gag
Full body blood explosion

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Hollismason posted:

You have been accused! How do you plead?

If you're gonna give that 6er just do it now so that M. Sin can get back to posting by tomorrow morning, tia

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Basebf555 posted:

If you're gonna give that 6er just do it now so that M. Sin can get back to posting by tomorrow morning, tia

They could be innocent !

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hollismason posted:

You have been accused of witch craft and consortium with the dark lord. How do you plead?

Sexy

*licks mallet*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

There's a segment in one of the new Wes Anderson shorts (The Rat Catcher) that teeters dangerously close to horror, and it only makes me more curious what a Wes Anderson horror movie would be like.