Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

GXL posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2WpOu_sRDQ

This song contains satirical references to gun violence. I DO NOT SUPPORT GUN VIOLENCE. I DO NOT SUPPORT GUN OWNERSHIP. I DO NOT SUPPORT CARRYING CONCEALED WEAPONS.

If you decide to quote this post, I’d really appreciate if you included the disclaimer text so that it doesn’t get lost in the shuffle.

Thanks again, CSPAM covid thread. Couldn’t have done it without you. Fare thee well.

TOTAL SYMPTOMATIC COVID INFECTIONS TO DATE: 0

Hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

GXL posted:

This song contains satirical references to gun violence. I DO NOT SUPPORT GUN VIOLENCE. I DO NOT SUPPORT GUN OWNERSHIP. I DO NOT SUPPORT CARRYING CONCEALED WEAPONS.

If you decide to quote this post, I’d really appreciate if you included the disclaimer text so that it doesn’t get lost in the shuffle.

Thanks again, CSPAM covid thread. Couldn’t have done it without you. Fare thee well.

Gunshow Poophole posted:

absolute legend lmao

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

got my blood work back over the weekend and there are some markers that indicate my immune response is not great at the moment and i am starting to wonder if i am one of those rare asymptomatic superspreader freaks because i am genuinely amazed i haven't caught covid yet.

the only time i've been sick since the pandemic kicked off was my shingles outbreak a few months back. which also might be the cause of the compromised immune response. in either case, i probably shouldn't catch covid right now.

anyway time to take a sip of this drink and look at the wastewater data.

Too Many Birds has issued a correction as of 22:26 on Oct 4, 2023

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRGMAW1wzQ8

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Just don’t drink the waste water IMHO.

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

Some boomer just let me know that I'm the last shop in the world that's still requiring masks. I guess COVID really is over

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

bizwank posted:

Some boomer just let me know that I'm the last shop in the world that's still requiring masks. I guess COVID really is over

uh I didn't know you're employed at my store anyway feel free to say hey tomorrow

enjoy the pure air tho!

Baddog
May 12, 2001

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Trap sprung etc. This https://shop.zojirushi.com/products...WVU7B5k03PEvFXM is the greatest think I have ever purchased for the kitchen. I used to go through 8-10 diet sodas a day until I finally switched to iced green tea. Used to just boil the water on the stove but got this thing and it is wonderful. I probably go through 3 liters a day and it's way cheaper and better for you than Coke Zero. Thank you for coming to my Tea Talk.

I got the earlier version of this, can testify that it kicks rear end. I kinda want that 4L version now, but this thing will probably last forever. Had it for 15 years or so.

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

Gunshow Poophole posted:

uh I didn't know you're employed at my store anyway feel free to say hey tomorrow

enjoy the pure air tho!
Remind me what the employee discount is again? :wiggle:

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord

GXL posted:

legit, bravo :popeye:
thank you for sharing this piece of art, it belongs in a museum.
invest in a reverb pedal tho pls

Edit: reminded of one of my favorites

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHsXETlnA80

Computer Serf has issued a correction as of 22:57 on Oct 4, 2023

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

:patriot:

take care, GXL

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

GXL posted:

Going out like Stan Chera on a high note :coronatoot:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

The expired Biden tests I just got were in smashed boxes and have not been FDA approved for use on children under 14 lmao

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

GXL posted:

:snoo:

U-DO Burger posted:

The expired Biden tests I just got were in smashed boxes and have not been FDA approved for use on children under 14 lmao

same, mine look like a fuckin car hit them

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
Only 23% to go!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

bizwank posted:

Tell him that he must not get out much.

Also get him to leave a negative review online so that you can print and frame it.

Insanite posted:

ito en recommends two (2) liters of ito en green tea per day to stave off the worst effects of covid

You joke, but if this were ivermectin, a dozen university groups would instantly get funding to try the new protocol.

“But it might work for us.”

Platystemon has issued a correction as of 23:17 on Oct 4, 2023

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Death. The capricious dance of Now You Stop Moving Forever.
Washington State's Respiratory Illness Dashboard.

Weekly update on recent emergency room (ER) visits, new hospitalizations, total inpatients, deaths, and confirmed positives highlighting changes due to backfill. These are cobbled together from reports published by Washington's Healthcare, Emergency, and Logistics Tracking Hub (WA HEALTH), Washington Disease Reporting System (WDRS), Washington Health and Life Event System (WHALES) which can all be downloaded from the dashboard linked above. Additional information was gathered from CDC's Weekly Trends and HHS' Hospital Capacity by State and Hospital Capacity by Facility reports. All of these reports use the standardized Sunday-Saturday week definition.

Emergency visits with confirmed COVID-19 in Washington state facilities applying the state's weekly ratio of Emergency Visits due to COVID-19 and HHS' total ED visits due to all causes. The HHS report holding ED visits updates the Monday after the state's Wednesday report, so the most recent week shown is an estimate based on the average of the past three weeks of HHS' total visits combined with the state's most recently published ratio of ED visits attributed to COVID for that week.

Something to note about all the new visits, I really triple-checked this calculation and it's solid. The main difference is that in last week's report the average % of Emergency Visits attributed to COVID-19 over the past year was roughly 2.5%, and this week those have all gone up nearly twice the amount to 4.5%. I do not know if this is a legit update or if it is a mistake in their reporting and will go back down with next week's update.

pre:
ED Visits      Changes in Recent Counts:			7-Day
week of:    4wk ago  3wk ago  2wk ago  1wk ago  This week	Total:
Sep 24            -        -        -        -    + 2,358       2,358
Sep 17            -        -        -    1,361    + 1,352       2,713
Sep 10            -        -    1,420      199    + 1,272       2,891
Sep 03            -    1,362       66        -    + 1,164       2,592
Aug 27            -    1,205       58        -    + 1,052       2,315
All Older         -   24,120      474        -   + 24,408          

New hospital admissions in Washington state facilities with laboratory confirmed COVID-19 as reported by the state and HHS. The HHS report updates the Friday after the state's Wednesday update, so the most recent week shown is a placeholder averaged from the past three weeks of published data. The second most recent week of data shown is the actual count as reported last Friday.

pre:
Hosp. Admissions      Changes in Recent Counts:			7-Day
Sep 24            -        -        -        -      + 341         341
Sep 17            -        -        -      326       + 10         336
Sep 10            -        -      302       60          -         362
Sep 03            -        -      324        -          -         324
Aug 27            -      290        1        -          -         291
All Older         -    8,694      228        -       + 65          
Total occupied inpatient beds used in Washington state facilities flagged with diagnostic codes for COVID-19 (U07.1) and pneumonia due to COVID-19 (J12.82). Numbers are a reflection of 'healthcare encounters' and not representative of individuals nor of residence.

pre:
Beds in Use      Changes in Recent Counts:			7-Day
Sep 24            -        -        -        -    + 2,429       2,429
Sep 17            -        -        -    2,450          -       2,450
Sep 10            -        -    2,268        -          -       2,268
Sep 03            -    2,401      -15       15          -       2,401
Aug 27            -    2,163        3       -3          -       2,163
All Older         -   68,670       19      -19          -          
Recent deaths certified/coded as or referencing to COVID-19 in WHALES with a corresponding positive lab (including postmortem testing) as reported in WDRS. Most recent week of info pulled from CDC's Weekly Trends which appears two Fridays before the state's Wednesday report. This will make it look like the state is behind on reporting these, however they only report up to the week they feel the data is complete, which will be the second most recent week in the graph below.

pre:
Deaths    Changes in Recent Counts:				7-Day
Sep 24            -        -        -        -          -           -
Sep 17            -        -        -        -       + 28          28
Sep 10            -        -        -       10       + 19          29
Sep 03            -        -       11       19        + 4          34
Aug 27            -       17       16        -        + 1          34
All Older         -      999        5        -        + 3          
And now for the least useful metric...

Positive clinical cases (tests administered at CLIA certified or CLIA waived labs) as reported by healthcare facility. Positive home tests reported to the state were retroactively removed from the official counts earlier this year.

pre:
Cases      Changes in state counts reported:			7-Day
Sep 24            -        -        -        -    + 3,712       3,712
Sep 17            -        -        -    3,932      + 252       4,184
Sep 10            -        -    4,059      254       + 50       4,363
Sep 03            -    3,663      186       49        + 4       3,902
Aug 27            -    3,908       35       15        + 7       3,965
All Older         -   94,448       22        5        + 5          

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
Just in time for Christmas.

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/us-plans-shift-merck-covid-treatment-commercial-market-2023-10-04/ posted:

US plans shift of Merck COVID treatment to commercial market

The U.S. government will stop distributing free doses of Merck & Co's (MRK.N) COVID-19 antiviral treatment molnupiravir by the middle of next month and expects it to be sold on the commercial market instead.

The Administration for Strategic Preparedness and Response (ASPR), a division of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, said in a statement posted on its website late last week they anticipate transition of the drug, sold under the brand name Lagevrio, from government-managed to traditional commercial distribution in November.
(..)

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

GXL posted:

:psyduck:

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

road potato posted:

(..)
So, what's my wait time before getting nova-vaxed? Is there any point in getting it? Maybe in December so when everyone hits the back-to-school wave in January I'll have a bit of an extra buffer?

We don't know a whole lot about the new Novavax shot, but the speculation based on the wildtype vaccine was that it might give a more variant resilient protection. Contingent on you being able to get it, waiting a few months will maximize titer levels for longer. Relative to the your job and waves, the middle of December would probably be the best time for you.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

GXL posted:

A king and a hero. Take care of yourself out there, plagueman.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
Walgreens may have novavax at some point (the website says they do/will), though not right now because infrastructure is poo poo. Spouse spent 50 minutes on hold trying to confirm they have them so we'll just drop by tomorrow and see.

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Washington state's wastewater update covering the past three months using the state's downloadable excel report and supplemented with scaled National Wastewater Surveillance System (NWSS) data when available. Solid lines are from WADoH data and white diamond dots applied to scale are from most recent CDC/NWSS data (if available).

I've distributed 30 sewersheds across 5 charts grouped by approximate geographical region then alphabetized by county. See the tables below each image for definitions of WADoH IDs, Date last sampled, Trend (based on change between the averages of the two most recent weeks measured), and Service Area for city names/regions.

Bold lines are new since previous update.

Northwest Washington

pre:
Northwest Washington
County:		ID:	Date:	Trend:	Service Area:
Island		COUP	Sep-29	UP	Coupeville
Island		OH	Sep-29	STEADY	Oak Harbor
Jefferson	PT	Sep-26	UP	Port Townsend
Mason		HP	Sep-12	n/a	Rustlewood, Shelton
Whatcom		LYN	Sep-28	DOWN	Lynden
King + Snohomish <-- will hopefully update soon since the CDC finished negotiating that multi-year contract.

pre:
King + Snohomish
King		BWT	Sep-12	n/a	Bothell, Mill Creek, Redmond, Woodinville, Overflow from King County South and West Point Treatment Plants
King		KCS	Sep-12	n/a	Auburn, Bellevue, Issaquah, Kent, Renton, Sammamish
King		WSPT	Sep-12	n/a	Seattle, Shoreline, north King County, north Lake Wash., parts of south Snohomish
Snohomish	APP	Sep-13	n/a	Lynnwood
Snohomish	ARL	Sep-13	n/a	Arlington
Snohomish	EVR	Sep-12	n/a	Everett
Snohomish	STAN	Sep-12	n/a	Stanwood
Southwest Washington

pre:
Southwest Washington
Clark		MRPK	Sep-13	STEADY	Vancouver
Clark		SNCK	Sep-13	UP	Battle Ground, Ridgefield
Clark		VWS	Sep-13	STEADY	Vancouver Westside
Pierce		CC	Sep-29	STEADY	Browns Point, Dash Point, Dupont, Fife, Fife Heights, Frederickson, Graham, Lakewood, Milton, Orting, Parkland, South Hill, Spanaway, University Place
Pierce		PUY	Sep-28	UP	Puyallup
Thurston	LOTT	Sep-27	UP	Lacey, Olympia, Tumwater
Central Washington

pre:
Central Washington
Benton		KEN	Aug-07	n/a	Kennewick
Benton		WRCH	Sep-28	STEADY	West Richland
Chelan		WEN	Sep-28	STEADY	Wenatchee
Grant		EPH	Sep-27	DOWN	Ephrata
Kittitas	ELL	Sep-25	DOWN	Ellensburg
Okanogan	BRW	Sep-28	DOWN	Brewster
Yakima		YAK	Sep-28	DOWN	Yakima
Eastern Washington

pre:
Eastern Washington
Franklin	PAS	Sep-29	DOWN	Pasco
Spokane		RP	Sep-29	DOWN	Spokane
Spokane		SPK	Sep-29	DOWN	Spokane Valley
Walla Walla	WALLA	Sep-28	DOWN	Walla Walla
Whitman		PLM	Sep-15	n/a	Pullman

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

U-DO Burger posted:

You have the loving tools.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Strep Vote posted:

Walgreens may have novavax at some point (the website says they do/will), though not right now because infrastructure is poo poo. Spouse spent 50 minutes on hold trying to confirm they have them so we'll just drop by tomorrow and see.

In my experience Walgreens won't do jack poo poo without an online appointment.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

GXL posted:

We'll have a bowl of borsht ready for you if you ever come back.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Been a while since I posted a rat picture

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Been a while since I posted a rat picture

I needed this. Got some birbs and other things as soon as I get some photos off my phone.

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost
Rats off to ya!!

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

call_of_qthulhu
Nov 21, 2003

Fun Shoe

GXL posted:

this fuckin rules

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
My dudes, we are halfway into the fall...

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/covid-hospitalizations-decrease-second-week-summer-peak-might-be-over/story?id=103723968 posted:

After weeks of increasing COVID hospitalizations, is the summer peak over?
COVID hospitalizations have declined for the second week in a row.
(..)
Public health experts told ABC News that it looks like the summer peak is over and all COVID metrics should be on the decline ahead of traditional respiratory virus season.
(..)

*Looks up when traditional respiratory season is* "Yes, well..."

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

wearing a v flex for the first time, comfortable as hell

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

RandolphCarter posted:

wearing a v flex for the first time, comfortable as hell

The 'v' stands for "very comfortable"

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Pingui posted:

My dudes, we are halfway into the fall...

*Looks up when traditional respiratory season is* "Yes, well..."

it’ll decline and flatten until Halloween, start ramping back up towards Thanksgiving (at which point the media will start to report on the unignorable slam on ERs and hospitals) rocket up towards Christmas and through New Years, peaking around the second week of January and then starting to slowly decline, with a few blips on Valentine’s Day, spring breaks, Easter, then decline again and settle at a new higher background rate until the 4th of July when it’ll start ramping up again in time for back to school. Excess deaths, more worrying new mysterious illnesses and deaths in populations that normally don’t see such things like babies kids and young otherwise healthy adults, more erratic behavior and weird shortages due to workers being out sick, permanently removed from the labor pool due to disability or death, or quitting for safer professions will continue and just be the way things are now.

This will absolutely mystify everyone who has refused to pay attention to the last three years and speculation will continue on the causes.

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Oracle posted:

it’ll decline and flatten until Halloween, start ramping back up towards Thanksgiving (at which point the media will start to report on the unignorable slam on ERs and hospitals) rocket up towards Christmas and through New Years, peaking around the second week of January and then starting to slowly decline, with a few blips on Valentine’s Day, spring breaks, Easter, then decline again and settle at a new higher background rate until the 4th of July when it’ll start ramping up again in time for back to school. Excess deaths, more worrying new mysterious illnesses and deaths in populations that normally don’t see such things like babies kids and young otherwise healthy adults, more erratic behavior and weird shortages due to workers being out sick, permanently removed from the labor pool due to disability or death, or quitting for safer professions will continue and just be the way things are now.

This will absolutely mystify everyone who has refused to pay attention to the last three years and speculation will continue on the causes.

RemindMe! 6 months

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord

Oracle posted:

don’t forget the population wide cumulative brain damage :milk:
during a heated election cycle :freakout:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

GXL posted:

its just a thread dude lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

GXL posted:

lmao