Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Why is this cursed? I'd say it is blessed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Went to Cane’s, now there’s a curse

MSPain
Jul 14, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azOhW5OEAWQ

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

posting on the something is awful forums

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

a sexual elk posted:

Went to Cane’s, now there’s a curse
what the gently caress

box combo, no slaw, double bread, don’t @ me

e: they also serve the best cut of fries, crinkle

drk
Jan 16, 2005
truly cursed is the place selling a 1400 kcal sweet tea

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Faustian Bargain posted:

what the gently caress

box combo, no slaw, double bread, don’t @ me

e: they also serve the best cut of fries, crinkle

Wish they had an option to add seasoning

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

drk posted:

It's an entire gallon

16 cups

It's not a single person serving

Except for your mom or whatever yes haha

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

sweet tea is a vile abomination

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

maybealabia posted:

It's a total reboot though, not a continuation

Babs and Buster are siblings this time

OK what the actual gently caress, "No relation" was part of their loving introduction. That's like changing Bugs Bunny's "What's up doc?" to "How's it hanging, homey?".

I'd ask "Why even bother, why not just make something new?" but I know the answer: suits are absolutely terrified of anything new and would rather just gently caress up an existing series because it has brand recognition.

There's some good reboots like the She-Ra one, but when the source material is as bad as the original 80's She-Ra it's a different story.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Smik posted:

OK what the actual gently caress, "No relation" was part of their loving introduction. That's like changing Bugs Bunny's "What's up doc?" to "How's it hanging, homey?".

I'd ask "Why even bother, why not just make something new?" but I know the answer: suits are absolutely terrified of anything new and would rather just gently caress up an existing series because it has brand recognition.

There's some good reboots like the She-Ra one, but when the source material is as bad as the original 80's She-Ra it's a different story.

With as many horny weirdos wrote and pleaded to the original showrunners about their furry thirsts, the new execs figure that by making them siblings, SURELY that will head off the bizarre internet folk

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

mercenarynuker posted:

With as many horny weirdos wrote and pleaded to the original showrunners about their furry thirsts, the new execs figure that by making them siblings, SURELY that will head off the bizarre internet folk

They're explicitly in college this time so it's ok

Granny is the dean

(It's bad. I'm not saying it's good)

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

drk posted:

That seems to be on the level of a gallon of fat free milk. It's less than what looks to be about the average for a gallon of 1%.

MSPain
Jul 14, 2006

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Poops Mcgoots posted:

That seems to be on the level of a gallon of fat free milk. It's less than what looks to be about the average for a gallon of 1%.

2/5s of that is protein in skim milk, so your pancreas would at least hate you a lot less if you were chugging it.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

drk posted:

how many calories did you think 1 gallon of sweet tea would contain?

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Mickey isn’t sweating profusely or being shoved out of the way by a boomer in their rascal scooter so I’d say that image is not accurate.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
that's the great thing about the costumes, the suffering of the human is invisible!

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
https://i.imgur.com/wliiegj.mp4

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Regarde Aduck posted:

how many calories did you think 1 gallon of sweet tea would contain?

well a gallon of food oil is nearly 31,000 calories which is much more efficient.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Buce posted:

sweet tea is a vile abomination

You just haven’t had good sweet tea.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

You just haven’t had it good, sweetie.:pervert:

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

I just... cook my dinner. A salmon fillet and sautéed vegetables only takes like 6-8 minutes to cook with maybe 10 minutes of prep.

How often does the average American eat at a fast food joint for dinner?

E: Jesus christ Google says on average Americans eat fast food for dinner 3 times a week, and 37% of americans eat fast food every day.

The good thing is fast food is getting prohibitively expensive so most Americans will have to look elsewhere for hopefully better food. The real curse is that in rural areas, grocery stores with fresh food are dying in favor of Dollar General stores with food that's worse than McDonald's.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Nfcknblvbl posted:

The good thing is fast food is getting prohibitively expensive so most Americans will have to look elsewhere for hopefully better food. The real curse is that in rural areas, grocery stores with fresh food are dying in favor of Dollar General stores with food that's worse than McDonald's.

"One option, for people who already have few options, is going away" is not a good thing, no matter how you slice it. Like you said, a lot of people don't realistically have the option to get fresh food and cook it, for a variety of reasons.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
In rural Oregon, it's all about the Dollar Generals. They are everywhere as long as the town is small enough.
I'm lucky to also have a Carniceria in town that has a very good produce/fresh foods section.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
It's good that the poorest Americans can't afford to feed themselves, actually

👍

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

That basically looks like a traffic circle with more parts.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
In a rundabout way, yes.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

they've replaced traffic lights with "yielding and merging", a practice that in no way is dependant on driver confidence and cooperation

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Just drive through that center bit to save time! The life hack traffic engineers don't want you to know!!!

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Fuckin' New Jersey already figured this out.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

I legit thought it was a crucifix.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Elviscat posted:

Fuckin' New Jersey already figured this out.

Don't loving bring up jughandles.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Scratch Monkey posted:

they've replaced traffic lights with "yielding and merging", a practice that in no way is dependant on driver confidence and cooperation
as with everything in life, we only do things if the entire populace is able to do them equally
The only problem is that it's fuckin gigantic

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

A fluid dynamics engineer thinks he has traffic problems solved.

Just add water!

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

I think the guy who slimed his way to the top of AS hated animation... the thing that built the parent channel

That guy also had some sort of personal vendetta against Brendan Small. Brendan said that's why Metalocalypse all but disappeared, despite being one of AS's highest rated programs, and that he used to test it by presenting ideas to the guy, getting turned down, and then having someone else present the same ideas to him and they would get accepted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Spazzle posted:

That basically looks like a traffic circle with more parts.

It also looks like it consumes a great deal of otherwise usable space to keep impatient babies from having to sit in their air conditioned / heated cars for a few minutes waiting for a light to change.