Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

this kid is nuts
Mar 30, 2016

It's a very good match but I don't think it's the greatest match of all time. That being said, it's definitely better than whatever these drones think is the best match ever (undoubtedly one of those Undertaker vs Michaels matches)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I have been blocked by the WWEStockholder :( :( :( At least he left me with some gems as he went beast mode on people in my replies.

https://twitter.com/wwestockholder/status/1709571898068131985
https://twitter.com/wwestockholder/status/1709577037952786624

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

There's your new thread title

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

this kid is nuts posted:

It's a very good match but I don't think it's the greatest match of all time. That being said, it's definitely better than whatever these drones think is the best match ever (undoubtedly one of those Undertaker vs Michaels matches)

One of the other replies predictably said Hogan/Rock

I don't think Danielson/ZSJ was the best match ever either but it's just so weird to me how these drones only care about hype and window dressing and entrances and pyro and whatever

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Elephant Ambush posted:

I don't think Danielson/ZSJ was the best match ever either but it's just so weird to me how these drones only care about hype and window dressing and entrances and pyro and whatever

I mean that's what 20 years of WWE Hegemony leads to

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Elephant Ambush posted:

I think Dave nailed it when he said it's probably not the best match this year but it will be the one people remember.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/AidanIsStrong/status/1709361645061853546

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Edge my Punk hole

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

A Fancy Hat posted:

Edge my Punk hole

clap clap clapclapclap

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
This dipshit sitting behind us at Collision said "Nobody kicks out of the Stone Cold Stunner, so why doesn't everyone just do Stone Cold Stunners all the time?"

He said a bunch of other dumb things throughout the night and had a bad snarky comment for everything, but that one particularly stood out. His running commentary was a mix of pretending not to understand kayfabe/performance, and thinking he knew a lot about the business when he clearly didn't know poo poo.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'd ask for a refund if i heard all that. i'd chargeback my card if i heared that mess all night long. why doesn't everybody do the stone cold stunner? i guess the same reason you don't shut the gently caress up. that's what someone could say to that guy.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Bonk posted:

This dipshit sitting behind us at Collision said "Nobody kicks out of the Stone Cold Stunner, so why doesn't everyone just do Stone Cold Stunners all the time?"

He said a bunch of other dumb things throughout the night and had a bad snarky comment for everything, but that one particularly stood out. His running commentary was a mix of pretending not to understand kayfabe/performance, and thinking he knew a lot about the business when he clearly didn't know poo poo.

terminally fedpilled

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
i got trolled

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Bobby Eaton Da Pussy

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Bonk posted:

He really hated Aubrey too. He just kept on saying how she was the worst ref ever

We all know the worst ref is cav

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Bonk posted:

I was at the show where Jericho faced Ishii and some dipshit behind me was screaming "loving WRESTLE ALREADY" and "THIS ISN'T WRESTLING" when they were slapping the piss out of each other. I don't know what the gently caress they came in expecting.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/_TheSZN/status/1709774762233250134?t=bCh9bdQWvLDYBMxuDNoQoA&s=19

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Amazing title reign is lmao worthy, but Corbin never did recover from being the one guy that Cena refused to put over when he was in his last major run and was putting everyone else over.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

C. Everett Koop posted:

Amazing title reign is lmao worthy, but Corbin never did recover from being the one guy that Cena refused to put over when he was in his last major run and was putting everyone else over.

Cena was right not to put him over.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Glass Punkbull 141 posted:

I was watching a Varsity Blonds promo back when they were still a thing and I was into the gimmick.

Then BPJ wrestled and I was like "Holy gently caress this guy isn't good."

I keep thinking of that time they gave him a sweetheart hometown angle with MJF where MJF dissed his dead dad and his relatives, and he had the opportunity to really come back at him. It wasn't great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTlqOdsmuxM

He was at best "fine" in AEW, and rarely even that.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Defiance Industries posted:

Cena was right not to put him over.

The fact that WWE had a good long look at Gable Steveson and said "No, I don't think we can afford to have this guy go over BARON CORBIN" is all the evidence you need that he just doesn't loving have it at all.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

maruhkati posted:

The fact that WWE had a good long look at Gable Steveson and said "No, I don't think we can afford to have this guy go over BARON CORBIN" is all the evidence you need that he just doesn't loving have it at all.

It's wild that it took like 3 years of hyping this dude up, setting up his own personal performance center, and then literally one match in they were like "whelp this guys washed"

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

C. Everett Koop posted:

Corbin's whole push, while relentless and long-lasting, was never that much of a push bell to bell. All of his PPV matches up to the Cena job:

Wrestlemania 32: Wins the Andre Battle Royal
Money in the Bank 2016: beats Dolph Ziggler
No Mercy 2016: beats Jack Swagger after an eyepoke
TLC 2106: beats Kalisto in a Chairs Match

Royal Rumble 2017: Eliminates Braun Strowman from the Rumble, gets eliminated by Undertaker
Elimination Chamber 2017: First eliminated from the Chamber match by Dean Ambrose
Wrestlemania 33: loses to Dean Ambrose on pre-show
Backlash 2017: loses to Sami Zayn
Money in the Bank 2017: wins briefcase ladder match
Battleground 2017: loses to Nakamura via DQ after he punches Nakamura in the balls
[on an episode of Smackdown, attacks Cena and WWE champion Jinder Mahal during a non-title match, tries cashing in but gets rolled up immediately]
Summerslam 2017: John Cena beats Baron Corbin

Cena "wouldn't" put him over in 2017, but neither would Randy Orton or AJ Styles or Nakamura or Sami Zayn or Dean Ambrose who also beat Corbin in singles matches in 2017. Tye Dillinger won the blow-off match against Baron Corbin in fall 2017.

Also of note, this particular John Cena run in 2017 where he beat Corbin was not the US title/open challenge one. Cena returned in January 2017 and beat Corbin in his first match back. for the rest of 2017, Cena was 9-2 in singles matches, beating AJ Styles, Randy Orton, Fandango, Jinder Mahal, Jason Jordan, Braun Strowman, and Elias. He lost to Nakamura on an August Smackdown and then Roman Reigns at No Mercy 2017, and got pinned by Bray Wyatt and Kurt Angle in multiman matches.

Cena's US title run in 2015 was the real "putting everyone over" run and even that only involved him losing not-by-DQ to Seth Rollins, Kevin Owens, and Alberto del Rio, the rest were combos of "have a nice long match with Ambrose/Stardust/Sami before pinning them" or "have a long-ish match with Cesaro or Neville or etc. and then no real finish when someone runs in"

Edge & Christian fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Oct 5, 2023

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

r/SquaredCircle posted:

Even if he hung up the boots tomorrow, he's left an indelible mark that folks are gonna be asking "Remember when Dom was the biggest heel the industry has seen in ages and it wasn't even close??"

He's already done something superb, and I only hope he continues to do so.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I don't watch WWE so I couldn't say. But I feel like Christian and Don have been on all time heel runs. What about the other companies/countries?

Who are the most hated heels in njpw/aaa

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

Can someone clue me in on the origin of the Beepie nickname?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

kinetic77 posted:

Brian Pilman Junior, shortened to BPJ, shortened to Beepie. Blame Rarity.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/NJPWFanClubNA/status/1709507605604007936

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
If you say the letters B and P out loud (English pronunciation) it sounds like Bee Pee, or Beepie, with -pie being pronounced like pee, not like a key lime pie

Sorry if this is more confusing.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Somebody needs to research the parasocial relationships wrestling fans seem to form so often. I know this is a thing in any fandom, but it seems especially prevalent with wrestling fans.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Mr. Squishy posted:

Brian Pilman Junior, shortened to BPJ, shortened to Beepie. Blame Rarity.

Beepie wishes he could get anything over like I got over Beepie

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

A Fancy Hat posted:

Somebody needs to research the parasocial relationships wrestling fans seem to form so often. I know this is a thing in any fandom, but it seems especially prevalent with wrestling fans.

I'm sure it started before but I think the death of kayfabe had a big hand in it. Wrestling fans now feel like they're in on the secret, and secrets are usually shared between friends so now you must be friends if you know their secret, right?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

kinetic77 posted:

I'll understand and enjoy this before I ever do the "pape" one

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

Pay per view
Payper view
Payper
Paype
Pape

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Chris James 2 posted:

https://www.twitter.com/theDaddyMagic/status/1532169639286804481?s=20

The absolute disrespect…

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Shard posted:

I don't watch WWE so I couldn't say. But I feel like Christian and Don have been on all time heel runs. What about the other companies/countries?

Christian and Callis are doing way better heel work than anything in WWE. I guess the top heels over there are Roman Reigns, who is only around like once every 2 months and just looks stoic and has his minions beat people up, and the Judgment Day, who lose all the time have a bunch of infighting.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
People boo him a lot but you'd only really be saying 'and it wasn't even close' if you were ignoring a whole promotion or trying to bait people into an argument.

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Cool, so they get it. Roddy is great and the quirk of still wearing his hospital gown is the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Extras would never get such a prominent amount of speaking lines.