Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

People make mistakes. No one was harmed by Hannah’s. No animal or human.

I was harmed, by subjecting myself to watching this, and hell I'm going to keep watching this garbage but modern US survivor really sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
finally watched Ep 1. this is a tribe full of Osten Robs

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

still better than Big Brother US sadly

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Apparently Hannah was still doing nicotine chews/patches the days before the season started (like, when they were being sequestered at Ponderosa) and hiding it from production.

Well, she really could not have made it worse for herself outside of stealing a cigarette and puffing it in front of them.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

mp5 posted:

still better than Big Brother US sadly

the first part of the season was good and the last part can be too!!! it's possible this year...

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I'm glad the snippet of amazing race the paramount site autoplays after every episode of survivor is different now. Got real tired of those Bavarian horns.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

curiousCat posted:

the first part of the season was good and the last part can be too!!! it's possible this year...

I gotta say i haven't enjoyed a season of big brother as much as this one in a very long time

Something_Hazy
Sep 21, 2019
Am I the only one that cracked up at the "Bruce is not as funny as he thinks he is" montage on the preview for next week's episode? The cut from Katurah complaining about him to his goofy finger gun dance just kills me

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Something_Hazy posted:

Am I the only one that cracked up at the "Bruce is not as funny as he thinks he is" montage on the preview for next week's episode? The cut from Katurah complaining about him to his goofy finger gun dance just kills me

I rolled my eyes hard because he reminds me of someone I know

In this case he's obviously overcompensating for the whole returning threat thing but god dang it looks obnoxious

Mirotic
Mar 8, 2013

Yeah overcompensating seems to be Bruce's entire thing right now

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

He wouldn't be trying so hard to downplay it if he hadn't picked up a lot of indirect lessons from hanging out with the other 44 prejurors

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I like to believe Bruce really is this big a dork but he was concussed last time.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Thinking back to both tribes failing Sweat/Savvy. There were some interesting interactions that might have come the tribes being paranoid that the participants threw S/S to get a private advantage. They even hinted at that with Emily.

Then Probst just told everyone at the immunity challenge that nobody completed S/S and defused any tension that might have existed, welp

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

mp5 posted:

Thinking back to both tribes failing Sweat/Savvy. There were some interesting interactions that might have come the tribes being paranoid that the participants threw S/S to get a private advantage. They even hinted at that with Emily.

Then Probst just told everyone at the immunity challenge that nobody completed S/S and defused any tension that might have existed, welp

Haha I didn't even notice that, way to go Jeff.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

mp5 posted:

If you're paranoid, saying they didn't complete it doesn't discount the possibility that the reason they didn't complete it was that they traded it for an advantage

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

mp5 posted:

"Nobody completed it" doesn't address super-paranoid-woman's worries about *why* they didn't complete it. 'Choose a personal advantage or a tribe advantage' isn't exactly unheard of.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I just realized if Jeff had let them vote it would’ve felt less like a hard quit and people would probably be way less mad at her. If they really wanted (and I would not like them to hide this) they could’ve cut the line she had about not needing to be voted out to leave. Leave in the rest with her asking to be voted out. Wouldn’t be nearly as controversial, wouldn’t be lying it even hiding anything as big as they did by editing Kendra out of the camp visit.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Most people don’t need to know the term “gaslighting” they don’t know what to do with it

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Love having the song back but of course they changed it for the worse in a small pointless way

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

drew is a white na’vi

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
There are perhaps more people than usual just really personally obnoxious to live in camp with this season

Sifu for example seems well meaning and harmless but holy poo poo dude

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Bruce is straight up Michael Scott

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Brandon can't even go on a walk without hurting himself.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Fast Luck posted:

Bruce is straight up Michael Scott

I can't unsee it now. Special Agent Bruce Scarn.

Edit: they're gonna have to do something, even if they lost the low performers, Lulu would still be screwed.

Diabetic fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Oct 5, 2023

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Brandon has to feel completely like poo poo after failing at literally everything

But also lol

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

maybealabia posted:

Brandon has to feel completely like poo poo after failing at literally everything

But also lol

Dude literally can't do anything at all. Now that Emily learned a tiny amount of social skills, he's doomed.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Brandon the waterboy lol

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I 100% keep Emily here just to potentially buy more time before we have to eat another of our own. You keep Brandon and you could much more likely end up losing two more times, and then you have to vote out someone that matters.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Goodnight sweet goon :(

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

“i have scoliosis”

rip brandon maybe shoulda prepared more for your dream

Clever Moniker
Oct 29, 2007

wilderthanmild posted:

Brandon can't even go on a walk without hurting himself.

lmao

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Diabetic posted:

they're gonna have to do something, even if they lost the low performers, Lulu would still be screwed.

The three swimmers in the challenge finished first didn't they?

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

maybealabia posted:

The three swimmers in the challenge finished first didn't they?

Being able to swim is great but every single one of them was confused by the puzzle.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I think Lulu successfully added just two pieces to that puzzle. Wow. Why did Brandon get 100% of the blame when the truck driver woman was just as bad?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Because he literally can’t do anything

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

blue squares posted:

I have for the most part lost interest in modern US survivor, but I came back to it this season for the extra long episodes, and while Lulu tribe is a disaster, it's also the reason I'm coming back next week. I want to see how low they can go

yeah. this whole episode was just one big comedy

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

blue squares posted:

I think Lulu successfully added just two pieces to that puzzle. Wow. Why did Brandon get 100% of the blame when the truck driver woman was just as bad?

He wears glasses and is a nerd.

Also apparently he kept saying he's the puzzle guy and he's now failed three of them in a row.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

blue squares posted:

They didn't blame Brandon that much for the 1 challenge. He's been total poo poo at every challenge.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

ApplesandOranges posted:

He wears glasses and is a nerd.

Also apparently he kept saying he's the puzzle guy and he's now failed three of them in a row.

Yeah, you can be bad at challenges if you're good physically and vice versa, but Brandon can't do either. The blame can't even go to Sabiyah because she wasn't the one who failed a solo puzzle challenge.

Also lol "I know how good I am socially" no Brandon you're not good at that either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

blue squares posted:

not a good look to just give up at the puzzle like he seemed to do