Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I clicked through and read the actual tweet and I can't see anything particularly contentious but at the same time by NZ media standards I should be put in a cell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

bike tory posted:

gently caress thats awesome, will have to seriously consider getting some prints from their collection

if you're someone who has the money for original art (lol, I know), I have two pro tips for getting an absolute bargain:

- labour party art auctions have good poo poo from high profile contemporary artists. A Nigel Borrell piece sold last week for like a grand at a recent one
- the various Māori art schools around the country (Toihoukura in Gisborne is probably one of the best, for e.g.) exhibit art from their students fairly often and a lot of it is mindblowingly good, and they often sell for only a few hundy

You can also buy art from your internet mate shithouse dave. It’s not ~fine art~ and the resale value is fuckall, but I spend lots of hours making weird poo poo on canvas with acrylics and collage.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Slavvy posted:

I clicked through and read the actual tweet and I can't see anything particularly contentious but at the same time by NZ media standards I should be put in a cell

It's a sign of a terminal poster and the country just can't deal with it.

This will probably lose the greens a couple of seats lol.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

The country makes me sick and can get hosed tbh

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

Yeah it's not great that it's the front headline story on stuff. I mean white people are stupid so I don't disagree with her but ouch that's going to hurt the greens.

Confusedslight fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Oct 5, 2023

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Shithouse Dave posted:

You can also buy art from your internet mate shithouse dave. It’s not ~fine art~ and the resale value is fuckall, but I spend lots of hours making weird poo poo on canvas with acrylics and collage.

Any anime girls with big boobs?

Taitale
Feb 19, 2011
The people who are going to massively overreact to that are the same people who did the same with Marama earlier in the year - the timing is poo poo but realistically how much hay can they make from the same kind of thing a second time?

Especially when multiple other parties have outright cookers as candidates, bringing it up is likely to elicit "but what about X poo poo your own candidate said".

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

the headlines are targeted at the exact people described within them so they'll work

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
are there really voters who respond to that kind of horseshit AND would have voted green before reading that kind of horseshit?

Content to Hover
Sep 11, 2009

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

are there really voters who respond to that kind of horseshit AND would have voted green before reading that kind of horseshit?

Lots of people are depressingly stupid. There are definitely people in the Greens who will ignore context or just read the headline and say it's racist.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I guess if people weren't stupid they would realise you can't be racist against white people

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

Yeah for the Labour -> Green swing voters this is precisely the sort of poo poo that will push them back to Labour. It looks like the story isn't getting much traction though, fortunately. The Herald hasn't even picked it up.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Francisco (the green candidate for dunedin) deleted his twitter account I'm guessing just in case there was anything spicy in there. https://twitter.com/harrison_mcevoy/status/1709883902880624736?s=20

Confusedslight fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Oct 5, 2023

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Shithouse Dave posted:

Do you have a site or some pictures?

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
People who use X shouldn't lead a country anyway.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Ma'am, there's massive flooding in all 2 of our major cities and the Canadians have launched a surprise attack!

Yes but where does Bean Dad fit into all of this??

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
haha got em

Content to Hover
Sep 11, 2009
Voted, was curious who the Women's Rights Party were. Looked at Wikipedia. Founded by a former Labour member after Kellie-Jay Keen Minshull was protested, their ideology includes transphobia. Stay classy NZ.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Confusedslight posted:

Francisco (the green candidate for dunedin) deleted his twitter account I'm guessing just in case there was anything spicy in there. https://twitter.com/harrison_mcevoy/status/1709883902880624736?s=20

Coward

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

No true poster.

Kathleen
Feb 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Content to Hover posted:

Voted, was curious who the Women's Rights Party were. Looked at Wikipedia. Founded by a former Labour member after Kellie-Jay Keen Minshull was protested, their ideology includes transphobia. Stay classy NZ.

Purple green and white, shithead's delight.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

lol that would make him so mad

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Mods please give me a new avatar

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Solus posted:

Mods please give me a new avatar

Lol ok I'll do it when I get round to it

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
I am one step closer to wearing Wayne Browns skin as a mask

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Solus posted:

I am one step closer to wearing Wayne Browns skin as a mask

Is that before or after I fistfight him for the mayoralty

Content to Hover
Sep 11, 2009

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Is that before or after I fistfight him for the mayoralty

He looks wirey, challenging afterwards will give you an edge.

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

https://twitter.com/rugbyintel/status/1711207423233732817?t=l4iKBshlJBNk7MgWpFIB-A&s=19

He's really not very good at this.

Taitale
Feb 19, 2011
No kidding.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/entertainment/2023/10/guy-williams-asks-chris-luxon-if-he-believes-in-dinosaurs-doesn-t-get-an-answer.html

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

for those who missed it, this week's country calendar is rad as hell, tho I suspect the electric tractor is gonna be a pita to get parts for

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/shows/country-calendar/episodes/s2023-e32

Yuiiut
Jul 3, 2022

I've got something to tell you. Something that may shock and discredit you. And that thing is as follows: I'm not wearing a tie at all.

Lobsterpillar posted:

Did not expect this thread to take a NZ Art turn.

Edit: just had a weird ad with an American voice over about crime for a website called "Vote for better" run by someone called Tim Barry from Warkworth.
It all seemed a little... cherry picked? And the Americanised (possibly computer generated) voice over was weird, reminiscent of NAct talking points.
EDIT 2: found a Reddit thread from a week ago where it's speculated to be an Act/TPU astro turf thing.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/election-2023/499861/the-political-newcomers-spending-thousands-to-influence-the-election

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
let's just be the States, that dark money poo poo is working out so well over there

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

let's just be the States, that dark money poo poo is working out so well over there

Unironically that is exactly what Luxon and Seymour seem to want.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Of course they do just look at the donations by party. Nat/Act got like 10x more than everyone else combined.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

Varkk posted:

Unironically that is exactly what Luxon and Seymour seem to want.

they understand that the point of power is to enrich themselves and their buddies

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Saros posted:

Of course they do just look at the donations by party. Nat/Act got like 10x more than everyone else combined.

literally 1/3 of that from the property industry, who stand to get hundreds of millions back in tax cuts. Pretty good ROI, they're playing us for absolute fools.

Content to Hover
Sep 11, 2009
Sounds like someone doesn't have plans for the windfall $5000 tax rebate on each of their rental properties. Maybe you should have put them into a trust so you don't have to pay taxes like a plebeian. I actually had a painfully similar argument made to me recently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
3 days till election day.