Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

PurpleXVI posted:

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2023-10-04/airbnb-guest-refuse-pay-leave-luxury-rental

The short version: Rich doctor builds an addition to his house without getting it properly certified for occupancy and cuts some corners on it in general, rents it out as an AirBnB thing. The renter then refuses to leave, and cites that since the place isn't certified for occupancy, she doesn't have to pay rent, either. Local government agrees with her. Landlord tears occur, are very funny.
Goddamn, I can't stand either of them. How do they both lose? That's the only acceptable outcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe

Ommin posted:

Goddamn, I can't stand either of them. How do they both lose? That's the only acceptable outcome.
It's California, and thanks to global warming there is a better than average chance it'll burn down in the inevitable widespread fires, especially considering the amount of trees in the photos.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."
Yeah, you're right. Thanks! I needed that pick-me-up.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://i.imgur.com/T5c3AcK.mp4

BlancoNino
Apr 26, 2010

That is some good swearing at the end.

https://youtu.be/S9MN2WeqFY8?si=_xnyJpHDaRMkfmkr

Kolos
Jul 19, 2009
The 2 idiots in the Ferrari died :piss:

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

Kolos posted:

The 2 idiots in the Ferrari died :piss:

Source

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.
Was that from a Gumball/road rally?

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Ommin posted:

Yeah, I get not paying rent if the unit isn't zoned for occupancy, but then how do you claim you get to live there forever if it isn't zoned for occupancy :psyduck:

e:

Uncultured swine for not posting this version IMO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk2HD8-UtO4

Takes No Damage has a new favorite as of 04:48 on Oct 5, 2023

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

AvesPKS posted:

Was that from a Gumball/road rally?

https://www.motor1.com/news/689744/ferrari-lamborghini-camper-crash-italy/amp/

Basically a $15,000 super car rental/ group tour in Sardinia. Dumbass rich people. I'm glad the people in the camper were okay.

Kolos
Jul 19, 2009

ante posted:

Source
https://nypost.com/2023/10/03/shocking-moment-ferrari-slams-into-lamborghini-and-sends-camper-flying-killing-two/

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
https://i.imgur.com/Stmlo2s.mp4

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Was that bit important?

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Knormal posted:

Was that bit important?

I'd just like to point out that the back doesn't normally fall off.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://i.imgur.com/nmanGNz.mp4

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Step in hungry hippo's food at your own peril.

Knormal posted:

Was that bit important?

Out to poo poo reef without a paddle

I've done this myself, but I held on to it, as I figured I might be needing it later.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
https://www.dw.com/en/afd-leader-chrupalla-hospitalized-after-violent-incident/a-66998733

quote:

The far-right Alternative for Germany (AfD) party said co-leader Tino Chrupalla was injured in a "violent incident" at a campaign rally Wednesday in the southern German state of Bavaria.

My favourite schadenfreude is when ti happens to these sorts of fuckos.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

In her defense, that doesn’t looks very safe. Put a very semaphore at least, deaf people also exists

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

PurpleXVI posted:

https://www.dw.com/en/afd-leader-chrupalla-hospitalized-after-violent-incident/a-66998733

My favourite schadenfreude is when ti happens to these sorts of fuckos.

All freude and no schaden when fascists die

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Elias_Maluco posted:

In her defense, that doesn’t looks very safe. Put a very semaphore at least, deaf people also exists

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Scratch Monkey posted:

All freude and no schaden when fascists die

Freude am Schaden der Fascisten

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Elias_Maluco posted:

Context clues are important. Like the tram stop you're at, at the tram crossing, the oncoming tram. These are all signs you should be looking out for trams.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Elias_Maluco posted:

I would imagine deaf people know to look left and right before crossing any road.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
People get distracted, for me it seems not a bad idea to have a very visible red light or something like that to indicate a train is coming

We have that for cars, when a road cross a rail, why not for pedestrians?

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

You have lights for every pedestrian crossing where you're at? That sounds strangely expensive

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Elias_Maluco posted:

People get distracted,

Dang they probably should not do that around a literal train crossing then huh

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
maybe some sort of gate that lowered when the tram is on its way through would have prevented that

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Johnny Truant posted:

agrred she deserve TO DIE!!!!!!

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Johnny Truant posted:

Yeah, thats what a a blinking red light could help to prevent

edit: or that

Non Compos Mentis posted:

maybe some sort of gate that lowered when the tram is on its way through would have prevented that

Well, maybe it is common have trains crossing crowed pedestrian paths with no barriers or anything where you guys live, personally I never saw that, probably thats why it seems weirdly dangerous for me

Elias_Maluco has a new favorite as of 13:37 on Oct 5, 2023

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

It's incredibly easy to not be distracted around automobiles and other giant things that can literally kill you, hth fellow goons!

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

There seems to be an acceptable number of people getting hit by trains, and as long as they stay under that number, everything is fine, and no additional safety equipment is needed.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Elias_Maluco posted:

Well, maybe it is common have trains crossing crowed pedestrian paths with no barriers or anything where you guys live, personally I never saw that, probably thats why it seems weirdly dangerous for me

It's a tram, not a train, so they go slower. They're pretty common and usually integrated with pedestrian areas. Some will have designated crossing points like that but others will just be level with the pavement like in Manchester where you just have to look out for trams. They're generally pretty safe because the same way you don't just step into traffic you generally don't just step onto tram tracks.

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !
Given that this is a marked crossing there is a very good chance that there IS a light that signals when you should not cross, it's just not in the camera's frame.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Trams usually have incredibly loud horns as well. But it doesn't matter because some idiot is going to ignore literally every signal in the world at some point

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
One of the things I love about hippos is that they are 100% vegetarian but still kill and eat enough people to be considered the #1 wildlife killer in nature for Africa.

Just, pure spite. Not doing it cause we taste good or we might be a variant of the usual meal, just loving chowing down on people cause they are pissed.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
I mean, if I was megafauna I'd loving hate humans as well

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Elias_Maluco posted:

Why not blinking red lights and sirens at every pedestrian crossing with cars tooo? You might be distracted!

Open light rail stations are pretty common and people manage to cross them safely 99.9% of the time. If you put on headphones and then not do the basics of looking left and right before crossing traffic, no amount of flashing lights is going to help.

I cite as precedent every gif of trucks ramming themselves into bridges and tunnels that are too low, despite literally dozens of warnings. We have half a dozen distinct tram lines running level with pedestrians in an area full of dumbshit tourists and it manages to not be a problem.

Fishstick has a new favorite as of 14:11 on Oct 5, 2023

Furious George
Oct 3, 2002
This is why every tram should be limited to 2mph and have a man with a red flag walking in front of it at all times, it's the only way to ensure safety

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

I’ve lived in a few cities with trams and light rail and you just treat them like you would cars. If you’re ever crossing the road anywhere, pay attention. Not every crossing is going to have lights or barriers or anything else. Somehow 99.999% of people are able to navigate this without incident. Takes a second to look both ways and figure out if several tons of vehicle are flying towards you before you step in their way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Furious George posted:

This is why every tram should be limited to 2mph and have a man with a red flag walking in front of it at all times, it's the only way to ensure safety

Make it cars as well and I’d be all for it.