Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

grobbo posted:

"we should not be bullied into agreeing that people can change their gender" may come across like grossly cynical transphobia, but the PM was actually referring to the school visit earlier this summer, when some boys put him in a headlock and gave him a noogie until he admitted to being a pretty princess.

This post made me actually laugh out loud while sat alone eating a bacon sandwich (like that Ed Miliband!!!) so thanks for that

What do you all eat for breakfast? I’m on bacon sarnies this week but it varies between that, cereal, pate and some sort of chutney on toast, and protein, banana and peanut butter smoothie. Variety is the spice of life and all. Im open to new ideas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

grobbo posted:

"we should not be bullied into agreeing that people can change their gender" may come across like grossly cynical transphobia, but the PM was actually referring to the school visit earlier this summer, when some boys put him in a headlock and gave him a noogie until he admitted to being a pretty princess.

Jakabite posted:

This post made me actually laugh out loud

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Jakabite posted:

This post made me actually laugh out loud while sat alone eating a bacon sandwich (like that Ed Miliband!!!) so thanks for that

What do you all eat for breakfast? I’m on bacon sarnies this week but it varies between that, cereal, pate and some sort of chutney on toast, and protein, banana and peanut butter smoothie. Variety is the spice of life and all. Im open to new ideas

Porridge and a slice of buttered sourdough, keep it simple keep it safe. I don't dig on swine

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Jakabite posted:

I currently don't eat breakfast. In the past I've tried oatmeal with milk and lingonberry jam, oat pillow style cereal, a couple of those smooth-skinned avocadoes, plain yoghurt with sugar... oh, and at one point I just drank four raw eggs each morning. I'm not a morning food enthusiast

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I currently don't eat breakfast. In the past I've tried oatmeal with milk and lingonberry jam, oat pillow style cereal, a couple of those smooth-skinned avocadoes, plain yoghurt with sugar... oh, and at one point I just drank four raw eggs each morning. I'm not a morning food enthusiast

You should have tried eating normal breakfast

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

Jakabite posted:

Greek yogurt, low sugar granola and fruit. Or baked beans on toast. Or scrambled eggs on toast.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Jakabite posted:

I make my breakfast the night before and bring it to work.

Currently, I have two slices of toast with some cheese and two of the Tesco Finest Apple and Pork sausages. With a bit of sauce (normally Ballymaloe Relish or Ketchup. This morning it was Sweet Chilli.)

Thats a good breakfast.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
I boil up a big pan of porridge for my family, then add in frozen blueberries at the end to cool it down. Sounds a bit utilitarian compared to the lavish bougie breakfasts of some other goons.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

The Question IRL posted:

Currently, I have two slices of toast with some cheese and two of the Tesco Finest Apple and Pork sausages. With a bit of sauce (normally Ballymaloe Relish or Ketchup. This morning it was Sweet Chilli.)

Thats a good breakfast.

That is a hell of a good breakfast. What type of cheese? I’ve been trying to work my way through all the different blue cheeses in Tesco. It’s St. Agur this week but nothing so far has beat Shropshire Blue

E: blueberries eh? Someone’s been swapping their fruit ration books!!!

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

Jakabite posted:

Granola, yoghurt and two cups of coffee normally. It’s about the only thing I can be bothered to make at that time of the morning!

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Jakabite posted:

weetabix

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jakabite posted:

Cereal. Mostly corn flakes, shreddies, rice crispies. Well, the cheaper Aldi knock-offs of those cereals anyway.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Weirdly if I don’t eat breakfast I can go all day on nothing and just have something for tea around 6, but if I do eat breakfast I’m always left absolutely ravenous by about 10am and just want to eat constantly throughout the day.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

forkboy84 posted:

Cereal. Mostly corn flakes, shreddies, rice crispies. Well, the cheaper Aldi knock-offs of those cereals anyway.

Username doesn't check out

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

My breakfast consists of a lovely cup of tea and nothing else. I sometimes follow it with a second lovely cup of tea, but only on a really quiet day.

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

pint of water, a coffee, and whatever the first chocolate bar in the cupboard is. snickers today.

if there's no chocolate, welp, no breakfast just drinks.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

I have those wee little weetabix things with fruit and nut in them. They're tasty and don't suffer from soggy weetabix-ness as much

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

History Comes Inside! posted:

Weirdly if I don’t eat breakfast I can go all day on nothing and just have something for tea around 6, but if I do eat breakfast I’m always left absolutely ravenous by about 10am and just want to eat constantly throughout the day.

More intelligent people (than me) could tell you why this is. I think the key it to eat something healthy first thing. Porridge oats/ banana like all the sensible people have been suggesting. Then you should be alright and not get really hungry mid morning.

I only eat in the morning if I have to exercise. If I have anything that requires any sort of brain power to do I am far better on an empty stomach.

e-

Jippa fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Oct 5, 2023

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Jakabite posted:

Roll with some manner of cheese and cold meat (this week it's mozzarella and German salami, I call it the Roll of Steel), and a mug of tea.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jakabite posted:

What do you all eat for breakfast?
Black coffee and a slice of sourdough toast with olive spread. Which is cheaper than butter now, but that's because butter has inflationated.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

DreddyMatt posted:

8 hrs ago
Become the UK’s Joe Rogan. Call yourself The Preacher and try to enlighten those in the darkness toward the light. This is God’s challenge for you. You have the strength to rebuild and have already gathered SO many followers who see your goodness and have already gained strength and benefited from your wisdom. Join Together, Mark Steyn, Andrew Bridgen, Elon Musk & other freedom fighters ❤️

Look you do not gotta hand it to Joe Rogan, but this bible dork will never be cool enough to do a podcast about smoking DMT and who would win in a fight between a chimp and Bruce Lee.

edit: Cup of espresso, a digestive biscuit and a couple of rollies.

Breakfast of champions

keep punching joe fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Oct 5, 2023

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Lot of granola and yoghurt eaters. Maybe that will be next week’s breakfast for ol’ Jakabite.

Anyone ever had a cheese and jam sandwich? Not a misspelling. Usually some sort of emmental type cheese on a crusty roll. I invented it at a breakfast buffet once and it’s great.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

EvilHawk posted:

I have those wee little weetabix things with fruit and nut in them. They're tasty and don't suffer from soggy weetabix-ness as much

Suffer?

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

History Comes Inside! posted:

Jippa posted:

More intelligent people could tell you why this is. I think the key it to eat something healthy first thing. Porridge oats/ banana like all the sensible people have been suggesting. Then you should be alright and not get really hungry mid morning.

I only eat in the morning if I have to exercise. If I have anything that requires any sort of brain power to do I am far better on an empty stomach.

The way it was explained to me, feeling hungry is a result of blood sugar levels dropping rather than what's actually in your stomach. So for example if you ate a massive bar of chocolate for breakfast you'd get a quick jump in blood sugar, then a while later it will dip again and you'd feel really hungry. If you eat nothing at all then your blood sugar remains relatively low and doesn't really 'dip'. You might still feel hungry but it's much less noticeable.

It's why a lot of diet and fitness programmes like to push protein-based food, as that gives a more steady blood sugar level compared to anything with carbs that will rise & fall more quickly.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Jakabite posted:

Anyone ever had a cheese and jam sandwich? Not a misspelling. Usually some sort of emmental type cheese on a crusty roll. I invented it at a breakfast buffet once and it’s great.

My mum used to make cheese and jam toasties, they were great, except for the tongue burns.

(not sure what you call grilled sandwich makers here... Snackwiches?)

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Chubby Henparty posted:

My mum used to make cheese and jam toasties, they were great, except for the tongue burns.

(not sure what you call grilled sandwich makers here... Snackwiches?)

Toastie makers? Brevilles?

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF CURRENT EVENTS IS EXCEEDED ONLY BY MY UNQUENCHABLE THIRST FOR PISS. FUK U AMERIKKKA!!

Jakabite posted:

Lot of granola and yoghurt eaters. Maybe that will be next week’s breakfast for ol’ Jakabite.

Tbf, most chutneys and chilli jams are quite sweet, so I can see it working

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Jakabite posted:

This week so far it has been humous with a cheese roll (run out of those Lidl luxuries tomorrow), then i'll be on bagels with strawberry jam for 15 days after that, then it will be tortilla wraps (filling tbd) until November lands and i do my one & only monthly shop again.

Tasty enough for me but not what i'd call exciting.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Failed Imagineer posted:

The Thing in Yellow.

Which reminded me it's about that time of year to take out the occult device that ends up at the back of a drawer in something like 60% of British households and you're never quite sure how you got one.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Failed Imagineer posted:

I'd say toastie but seems to get mixed up with single-slice-plus-cheese-in-the-oven a lot

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/KayBurley/status/1709840600537710936

It's frustrating when you watch journalists do their job properly, because you're reminded what a poo poo job they do most of the other times

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

The Question IRL posted:

I have two slices of toast

How do you make toast the night before?

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
Apple juice, coffee and Belvita. I have to get up to inject a diabetic cat a few hours earlier so by the time I've got back to sleep and woken up again my body thinks its the middle of the night and that's about all I can manage.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

NotJustANumber99 posted:

How do you make toast the night before?

With a toaster I’d imagine

Mourning Due
Oct 11, 2004

*~ missin u ~*
:canada:

Jakabite posted:

Depending on my budget & mood, one of the following:

- buttered & marmited toast & cereal
- yogurt with blueberries, walnuts & honey
- poached eggs on buttered & marmited toast

And if I've been VERY productive & prepared:

- gallo pinto wraps. Black beans, onion, peppers, sweetcorn, & scrambled eggs, in wraps. From the National Geographic "Blue Zones" article, they say that the combo of black beans & corn provides all the aminos acids the body uses to repair muscle damage, and that people who eat this for breakfast every day have physical ages ~10 years younger than cohorts of the same age who don't regularly eat them.

And with all of the above, coffee with a bit of almond milk.

I'm a #breakfastboy

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

night before

oats
in water
frozen fruit, in bowl, in fridge

morning of

cinnamon, on oats
then fruit

sometimes
peanut butter

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Hasn't the "Blue Zone" stuff been shown to strongly correlate with areas where official birth certification wasn't a thing, and as soon as that gets normalised the effect is largely reduced?

I mean, a Mediterranean diet with plenty of fish and olive oil and minimal complex carbs is probably good regardless, so whatever

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

mrpwase posted:

night before

oats
in water
frozen fruit, in bowl, in fridge

morning of

cinnamon, on oats
then fruit

sometimes
peanut butter

That sounds
delicious
so sweet
and so cold

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Has anyone heard a peep out of Keith this week about the rotten railway or the general Tory shitshow ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/TheNewsAgents/status/1709876552471650410

Post-natal abortions should be a thing imo :guillotine:

On the cosplaying deacon, I did a bit more archive.org digging and found his other main twitter account @calvinrobinhood which he deleted in 2023. This is what the account looked like in 2021:

And from that we find an early TV slot for Calvin, pre-GBNews

https://twitter.com/xMaccabix/status/1272603062318837761

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Oct 5, 2023