Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Scarabrae posted:

despite having like 60% equity in my home I cannot afford to move due to current rates lol, I am under house arrest!!

have you thought about buying a second house and becoming a landlord? seems to be p popular here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

puncturewound78
Apr 18, 2023

actionjackson posted:

you definitely have to pay extra for that, and it often will be taken early

and as we know from this thread, upgrading a plane ticket means you hate poor people

Fly southwest and set an alarm to check in 24 hours before your flight

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

fits my needs posted:

have you thought about buying a second house and becoming a landlord? seems to be p popular here

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

fits my needs posted:

It isn't your second house that sets you up. It's when you take those two houses and get a loan to buy a third house. Do that a few more times and you have six houses. Double the rents and you are making $10,000 a month after your mortgages. Use that income stream to get a loan for a 7th house. By your 10th or 12th house you can double rents again and be making $30,000 a month. Use that income stream to get an apartment building which has the most efficient way to raise the most rents in the least amount of time.

You can really boost this $30,000 - $100,000 a month (after mortgages) by listing most of the properties on AirBNB and charge $6,000+ a month per house. The only limit is your imagination. Why are you all still poor?

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Postin bout the large amount of equity in my house in the doom sday thread, self reflection: not my strong point

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
I’m selling blood plasma to barely get some money in my bank account lol

it fuckin sucks

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/1709660150577991885?s=20

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

the answer may surprise you: you're used to eating hog slop!

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

19 o'clock posted:

it fuckin sucks

have you tried listing your second house on AirBNB?

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Rectal Death Adept posted:

have you tried listing your second house on AirBNB?

I do have tons of equity in a car with 230k miles on it. lol

good for goons who have homes who are “trapped” by it. seriously that’s amazing and I’m happy for them.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it’s a real problem if you need to move or get divorced. (try not to get divorced) [but sometimes you def have to ]

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Panfilo posted:

Been seeing this chart making the rounds to argue that "Um Actually retail theft is a big deal" lol
https://twitter.com/RobertMSterling/status/1709227965446336794?t=tFpx80LMqPSQZ7glQ1MsOA&s=19

yeah but how many jobs have been lost due to this dude cornering coworkers to tell them about the glory of smart contracts and how bitcoin works?

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

any fancy charts showing divorce rates plummeting?

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

HFCS is probably not a thing in Europe. They have regulation that actually requires real ingredients in food.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

do not steal and you may live maybe.

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

hmm how many hours a day are these Americans spending sitting in a car, at a desk, or on a couch on their European vacation

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

19 o'clock posted:

it fuckin sucks

same and I’ve noticed it getting more busy/longer lines steadily in the last 6 months

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Paradoxish posted:

It's even better if you do 50/50 butter/olive oil.

unfortunately it is impossible for this to be true because olive oil available to Americans for consumption is all rancid

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

HFCS is probably not a thing in Europe. They have regulation that actually requires real ingredients in food.

HFCS isn't nearly as common there but it's just sugar. people on vacation walk more and and even if their meals are extravagant they're not spending all day grazing on processed snacks

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler

Rectal Death Adept posted:

It isn't your second house that sets you up. It's when you take those two houses and get a loan to buy a third house. Do that a few more times and you have six houses. Double the rents and you are making $10,000 a month after your mortgages. Use that income stream to get a loan for a 7th house. By your 10th or 12th house you can double rents again and be making $30,000 a month. Use that income stream to get an apartment building which has the most efficient way to raise the most rents in the least amount of time.

You can really boost this $30,000 - $100,000 a month (after mortgages) by listing most of the properties on AirBNB and charge $6,000+ a month per house. The only limit is your imagination. Why are you all still poor?

There has to be an upper limit though, otherwise all the would be real estate moguls out there would absolutely be doing this. Instead a lot of them are oddly silent after a flurry of increasingly desperate rumblings after mortgage rates began to rise.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Panfilo posted:

Been seeing this chart making the rounds to argue that "Um Actually retail theft is a big deal" lol
https://twitter.com/RobertMSterling/status/1709227965446336794?t=tFpx80LMqPSQZ7glQ1MsOA&s=19

I know it's been 20 years but when I worked at Lowes they knew employee theft was there overwhelming majority of shrinkage

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

19 o'clock posted:

love having short people explain how I’m not being tall correctly

I love it when tall people suffer

Apr 7, 2003

it's because they loving waallllllkkkkk why is this so hard to understand

I've lost six pounds in the past three months because my daily routine now involves climbing an extra set of stairs all day long

Apr 7, 2003

Scarabrae posted:

despite having like 60% equity in my home I cannot afford to move due to current rates lol, I am under house arrest!!

I'm closing on selling my old house today, when I deposit that check I'll say a little prayer for you

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

euphronius posted:

it’s a real problem if you need to move or get divorced. (try not to get divorced) [but sometimes you def have to ]

To be fair, no one with a "ton" of equity is really trapped in any real sense. Those people just correctly don't want to sell if they don't have to because it's a bad financial move.

Like if we had to sell for some reason it would suck, but we'd have plenty of options to at least afford housing comfortably, either by downsizing drastically or just accepting crazy rents but with a hugely inflated bank account to help smooth things over.

The only homeowners who are really hosed are the ones without a lot of equity in their home because it's completely possible to be in a situation where your current mortgage is affordable, but both rents and new mortgages are completely unaffordable. But their situation is still better than people who are currently renting and face the same dilemma with no equity.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
House poor for life

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I'm closing on selling my old house today, when I deposit that check I'll say a little prayer for you

You didn't have to post that op

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Panfilo posted:

Does this Twitter man understand that shrinkage is all product loss and not just theft?

The 1% includes all the cans of paint they gently caress up, boxes of tiles they drop, every piece of miscut lumber they can't sell, every shelf that collapses in the night

I would honestly genuinely doubt they lose more to shoplifting than to employees normal daily business practices, and I'm shocked the number is so low to begin with. People like this dude just do not understand the idea that some costs cannot be eliminated.

Engorged Pedipalps has issued a correction as of 14:55 on Oct 5, 2023

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i may own 6 rental properties and a car dealership but im still a leftist

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

blatman posted:

i may own 6 rental properties and a car dealership but im still a leftist

Oh hey pfc

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
i own 6 rental cars and a property dealership

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Banks are looking for bag-holders for their low yeild bonds

https://twitter.com/deitaone/status/1709921390269546824

Apr 7, 2003

net work error posted:

You didn't have to post that op

gotta stay in character

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

webcams for christ posted:

Banks are looking for bag-holders for their low yeild bonds

https://twitter.com/deitaone/status/1709921390269546824

Is that the usa taxpayer I hear at the door?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
you can't own a person, but you can own their living space

Apr 7, 2003

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2023/09/16/realestate/home-sales-north-carolina-wall-street.html

glad we're finally discussing the issue of corporate capture of housing now that there's nothing to be done about it

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

i ran up a lil credit card debt in my recently ended unemployment. now student loans are kicking in. "interesting" situation :thumbsup:

e: now i feel like a real American

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Pussy Quipped posted:

same and I’ve noticed it getting more busy/longer lines steadily in the last 6 months

also same. yesterday I overhead them saying “gonna probably be a record week…yesterday was a record for us.”

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
I would like another strategic infusion of cash please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

I would like another strategic infusion of cash please

settle down Mr Zelenskyy