Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Also gently caress static ladders
let me carry them on me like in death stranding, as many as I can fit

let me climb your world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Also gently caress static ladders
let me carry them on me like in death stranding, as many as I can fit

let me climb your world

the one thing i wish mgsv did better is climbing
it is unreasonable that this superman cannot do a lil hop and grab a ledge and pull himself up when he can already do all this other incredible poo poo with his body

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

MeatwadIsGod posted:

The yellow signposting on crates, ladders, etc. doesn't bother me because games are way more visually busy now than they were in the mid '00s, but the best solution is to make stuff like this toggle on/toggle off in an accessibility menu.

i wish aim assistance was more subtle in these games, whenever i feel it i immediately turn it off

if it was like 20% power i might just have fun and think "i still got it"

but if i get suspicious, i need a series of menus to click into that'll let me down gently like

"Click here if you're suspicious about something."
"Are you sure you wanna know?"
"Yeah. There's aim assistance, you want it off? Y/N"

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think a yellow ladder is better than having to watch a YouTube for 5 minutes

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
i would simply use my perception and curiosity to solve the problem

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

I'm ok with some mild, toggleable detective vision for interactable stage elements

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

maybe in addition to being yellow the ladder can also talk and tell you about itself. maybe it’s romancable

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

euphronius posted:

maybe in addition to being yellow the ladder can also talk and tell you about itself. maybe it’s romancable

see now we're talking

e: to ladders!

Pepe Silvia Browne has issued a correction as of 13:29 on Oct 5, 2023

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

euphronius posted:

Stop spoiling the bg3 dlc

goth smoking cloves has issued a correction as of 13:32 on Oct 5, 2023

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
the yellow paint thing is a solved problem and that solution is having a sidekick who constantly says things like "hey maybe you could climb that ladder over there" approximately 0.1 seconds after entering a new area

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

euphronius posted:

I think a yellow ladder is better than having to watch a YouTube for 5 minutes

to be fair, your history with verticality in gaming shows a certain... deficit in that skillset that might make you an outlier

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
"Boss, look around. Do you see anything you could climb? Anything metal with rungs?"

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

do not gently caress the ladder

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

euphronius posted:

Caves of Qud

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

euphronius posted:

it’s very good. it’s not too hard and looks nice

On a 4070ti with the ray reconstruction hack I think it's easily the most gorgeous video game I've played. I recommend the longer night times mod, everything looks like 4-7x more comfortable cyberpunk at night

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Real hurthling! posted:

and infinite ammo in an ammo starved game

Someone doesn't loot

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

indigi is right that "Lies of P" is a pretty silly name for a videogame but is wrong to avoid the game because of this, because "silly name" is a big part of the FromSoft-derived experience as much as "poison swamp" and "impossible bossfights that become winnable after you complain about them on the internet"

Honestly, I would not have expected "Pinnochio-themed Bloodborne pastiche" to result in anything good either but here we are with one of the best games of a very good game year.

Related: Spent an hour on that loving Survivor fight last night and now I feel like I am slightly less bad at videogame because instead of just getting lucky I worked out how to adapt my mediocre fighting style to him and then also got lucky.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Lol the fortress in Mirage is literally Alamut.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

the yellow paint thing is a solved problem and that solution is having a sidekick who constantly says things like "hey maybe you could climb that ladder over there" approximately 0.1 seconds after entering a new area

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
never finished MGS3 because I couldn't t find a way to progress after the End. hope they fix it in a remake.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

all games should have a hint button that you can press to tell you where the ladders and medpacks are that also insults you when you press it

the mgsv chicken hat is a great idea

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Combine the Dead Space waypoint button with the 50 Cent swearing button

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

that's actually so wild in cyberpunk, you have this ghost in your head that could tell you this poo poo, but he doesn't care and tells you to gently caress yourself over and over

until you do the main dlc quest and suddenly there is one part where he goes "look for a ladder, v! turn on the generator, v! :D" and it feels so alien it was bizarre

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

DaysBefore posted:

Press X - reveal waypoint

"gently caress where do I go?"

Press X - reveal objectove

"poo poo, I forgot what I was doing"

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Gotham Knights is a perfectly fine time for a few short gamepass sessions.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

DaysBefore posted:

ladder's over there, bitch!
you stupid rear end in a top hat, use the computer!

and maybe if there's nothing around:
here's a hint: go gently caress yourself!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

KirbyKhan posted:

Gotham Knights is a perfectly fine time for a few short gamepass sessions.

i'm glad you're enjoying it, i know it got torn apart when it came out but i enjoy pretty much any batman slop and will probably check it out at some point

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Hatebag posted:

all games should have a hint button that you can press to tell you where the ladders and medpacks are that also insults you when you press it

the mgsv chicken hat is a great idea

that's literally just metal gear codecs

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

they added a bunch of random color-coded rarity loot to Batman games for some drat reason and that alone is enough to keep me from trying them

speaking of which, has there been any news about Suicide Squad after the disastrous reveal? cant recall any game falling so far from grace after just one showcase

my hope is that they completely pulled a 180 and removed all that garbage, but i know those systems were too baked in to be removed by the time they showed it off

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
What's the best switch controller?

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

MonsieurChoc posted:

What's the best switch controller?

Pro controller is good for an official product

the 8bitDo Ultimate has back-buttons and Hall Effect joysticks that will never drift. havent used it myself, but its supposed to be one of the best

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I use 8bitDo products for everything now, including PC and my steam deck

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

Pro controller is good for an official product

the 8bitDo Ultimate has back-buttons and Hall Effect joysticks that will never drift. havent used it myself, but its supposed to be one of the best

I got the ultimate and returned it just because it felt too small for my hands. they released a bluetooth version of the pro+ 2.0 afterward and it's great, that's what I use for my deck

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

i'm glad you're enjoying it, i know it got torn apart when it came out but i enjoy pretty much any batman slop and will probably check it out at some point

Oh it is batman slop. Within 60 seconds of booting up the game you see that giant penny in the batcave. I think removing batman actually helps a lot in immersing me into going batman mode. I like the lil investigation point and click portions, they make me feel smart. I like Talia Al Ghoul. I like beating up criminals and leaving the highest level dude as the last guy so I can interrogate them.

It's good slop.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

the sum of a game is how much entertainment you can personally extract from it. even slop can make for a good time if you're in the right mindset

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
arkham asylum is the only good batman game

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
It sounds like it will be a nice cool down for me after I finish MGSV and need to get used to all games being disappointing for me after that experience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

It sounds like it will be a nice cool down for me after I finish MGSV and need to get used to all games being disappointing for me after that experience

Play metal gear survive