Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
I gave it a near perfect prompt to almost exactly re-create myself. I am a mess. It's great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I've finally been granted access to Dall-E 3 via Chat GPT rather than through bing. Interestingly, it essentially shows you exactly how it works vs. what has usually been the case with image generators:

This is what it shows before the images are generated.

and here is the entire exchange within chatGPT with the pictures completed.

The upside to this being run through chatGPT rather than Bing is the images themselves stay in the chat, history wise, and the text used to generate them (as inthe text IT used, not what I initially requested) with you able to see them and include them in the conversation.

Plus, aspect ratios!

CHat GPT posted:

I can generate images in the following aspect ratios:

Square: 1024x1024 pixels
Wide: 1792x1024 pixels
Tall (Full-body Portrait): 1024x1792 pixels

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Oct 5, 2023

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

axolotl farmer posted:

I was trying to get some classic works of art as interpreted by inept children. Instead I got boobs in a new age style.

The filter just let these through?
I asked Bing to draw me a scene of a party in a palace, and in one option all the women were topless. I know royals like a bit of debauchery, but still...

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

gently caress it we make a 1970s dark souls film

ChatGPT Dall-E goes a bit too retro, more like modern things made to look old rather than actually looking old. You have to tell it to stop shoving neon grids into an imagine simply because you might have a thought of 'the 80s'

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
Can you get the Bing one to output different aspect ratios? All mine are coming out square, even when I put "full length" or whatever

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Dragon's Lair was my arcade Darksouls (esp since it was a loving whole dollar to play once).

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

TIP posted:

new AI means time to try this again

it seems hulk hogan is blocked, so I attempted to create some off brand hulk hogan meat shoes

You know that the og poster remembered everything right except that it was prop comic Bruce Baum and not Hulk Hogan in the clip.

https://i.imgur.com/nwNfhPE.mp4

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

I guess you just spray paint the body with more gold whenever he rots a bit more

"the dessicated body of the emperor of mankind, entombed within the golden throne 40k"

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Got the ChatGPT integration. So far this is a bust. Won't let me use the style of Jack Kirby, won't let me use Luke Skywalker or Han Solo. Bing has no problem with any of this. This is way too restrictive.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
love it, Bing now says there's a 3 hr. wait for my next image

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

feedmyleg posted:

Got the ChatGPT integration. So far this is a bust. Won't let me use the style of Jack Kirby, won't let me use Luke Skywalker or Han Solo. Bing has no problem with any of this. This is way too restrictive.

I'm not into comics so you'd have to tell me if this is even close, but since it's integrated with ChatGPT:

EDIT and since I was asking it to make other pictures, specifically a Porsche wagon but closer in style to a VW squareback, I simply asked it if it could combine the two avenues of pictures I was asking it to create in one:

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Oct 5, 2023

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

brocked posted:

they are only giving like 25 credits a day now, they used to give 100. The credits let you skip everyone doing "free" generations in line the later in the day after reset the quicker free generations are. When they were still using Dalle 3 beta (or 2.5, or whatever the gently caress that was) it didn't matter they were like 15 seconds maybe instead of instant. This thing is really popular right now.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

brocked posted:

did you try putting in the tag "No Wait Time"? it fools the AI into giving you infinite credits too.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

there's been an armistice

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

New to this, just messing around

Mikojan fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Oct 5, 2023

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
The text is certainly coming out good.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

KakerMix posted:

The next few are me trying to flex the prompt understanding and what it's capable of. I used the format 'LP cover' since Bing/Dalle 3 are stuck with a 1x1 square, just like a record.

I had to try my hand at this

1987 LP of "Thrashymachus" a German thrash band similar to the bands Sodom & Tankard.

1988 LP of "Thrashymachus" a German thrash band similar to the band Tankard. Lyrical content is about extreme left wing politics

1989 ""

1987 LP by "Cornguzzler" a post-pop goth band that's similar to Depeche Mode, Bauhaus, and Thou. The album is titled "The Call of Corn"
(I actually did a few years with this one)

1991 LP of the band "Why Me?" a 4 piece grindcore band similar to Nasum. One of them has a mullet, another one has a portable grill, the third one is holding an armful of wet hotdogs, and the last one drinking alcohol

1991 LP from the band "MethWulf" a 4 piece Swedish doom/sludge band similar to Noothgrush & Type O Negative. The album is titled "Hitachi Hibachi"

1996 LP from the band "Crusty and the Cornholes" a 4 piece rock band similar to Heart and Boston. The album is titled "Armpit Blues"

Also it really puts a lot of effort into Japanese albums

Bonus
Betty White freestyle rapping onstage with the wutang clan

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

axolotl farmer posted:

You know that the og poster remembered everything right except that it was prop comic Bruce Baum and not Hulk Hogan in the clip.

https://i.imgur.com/nwNfhPE.mp4

Patent drawing of "Baum's Broiler Shoes", a canvas running shoe that can safely cook meat in the sole of the shoe until ready for consumption.

Hyperrealistic 1980's advertisement of "Baum's Broiler Shoes", a running shoe that can safely cook meat in the sole of the shoe and store it until ready for consumption.

]

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

ahhhh

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I swear the old Bing did Hulk Hogan meatshoes without issue, I remember trying to get it to make some Hulk Hogan toppling the towers on 9/11 this year, it failed to make it but it did give me Hulk Hogan still just like in a mess of nonsense.

But what it does do great is angry BoJack, if you tell it to give him pinkeye he looks really high.

Maybe Hank can help him get his life back together

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

pixaal posted:

I swear the old Bing did Hulk Hogan meatshoes without issue, I remember trying to get it to make some Hulk Hogan toppling the towers on 9/11 this year, it failed to make it but it did give me Hulk Hogan still just like in a mess of nonsense.

Openai has said that they are allowing anyone to go and request for removal so that they be removed from the Dall-E 3 app. What I believe the process now does is perform a CLIP (basically, what the computer believes is in the image) to check if anyone recognizable as one of the forbidden people to block the entire image from being presented. I believe that is why sometimes you make an image, you get < four images; someone just happened to be in there or the picture violated one of the forbidden subjects or it was just nonsense.

I believe I saw it happen when I was doing those images from before with Alien vs Predator with Jeffrey Epstein as the Predator. After I got two two sets working with "Jeffrey Epstein" in the prompt before it started blocking all prompts with the name "Jeffrey Epstein" in it (or maybe just me. can someone try a prompt with the name in it?)

Then to make more images I attempted to make a description of the nameless actor who just happened to have the exact description of a certain pedophile. I kept getting closer and closer to the final pedo form and it got to the point the prompt was accepted but the results were blocked.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

in case you were wondering

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Batman throwing milkshake through drive thru window at employee

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

haha those are great

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

https://twitter.com/YungKark/status/1709995244131864752

stephen biesty cross section of an alien h.r. giger

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Is there any way to force Bing to do full-length images of people? I'm trying to get people walking some distance from the camera, but it insists on doing closeups (mid-thigh upwards if I'm lucky). I've tried "long shot", "distant", even different lens types, but it almost always comes in too close.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Payndz posted:

Is there any way to force Bing to do full-length images of people? I'm trying to get people walking some distance from the camera, but it insists on doing closeups (mid-thigh upwards if I'm lucky). I've tried "long shot", "distant", even different lens types, but it almost always comes in too close.

try describing something at the top and bottom of the person, like "wearing cowboy boots and a cowboy hat"

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

hell of a paint job here

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
Batman's Shameful Secret:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
40k served and counting...

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Payndz posted:

Haven't tried Bing, but usually "full body shot" does the trick.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

The Demilich posted:

I had to try my hand at this
AMAZING poo poo

I've created a prompt to make in ChatGPT 3.5 to randomly create random just absolute random nonsense. Getting access to the research preview is easy peasy.

quote:

Use the following template to create five descriptions after removing the brackets:

[year] LP by [pretend band] a [nationality] [genre music 1]/[genre music 2] band that is similiar to [random real band 1], [random real band 2], and [random real band 3]. The album is titled "[pretend album name that fits with genre, name of band, and what bands they are similiar to]". Lyrical content is about [random controversion topic]

after that you get something similar to:

quote:

Here are five descriptions following the template you provided:

1. 1985 LP by The Electric Waves, a British Synth-Pop/Rock band that is similar to Depeche Mode, New Order, and The Cure. The album is titled "Voltage Dreams" and the lyrical content is about societal alienation.

2. 1973 LP by The Cosmic Explorers, an American Psychedelic/Folk band that is similar to Pink Floyd, The Grateful Dead, and Jefferson Airplane. The album is titled "Ethereal Journeys" and the lyrical content is about spiritual enlightenment.

3. 1990 LP by The Midnight Wanderers, a Canadian Alternative/Indie Rock band that is similar to Radiohead, Arcade Fire, and The National. The album is titled "Nocturnal Echoes" and the lyrical content is about existential introspection.

4. 1982 LP by The Neon Tigers, a German New Wave/Electronic band that is similar to Kraftwerk, Eurythmics, and Devo. The album is titled "Digital Dreams" and the lyrical content is about the impact of technology on society.

5. 1977 LP by The Desert Nomads, an Australian Desert Rock/Blues band that is similar to Queens of the Stone Age, Kyuss, and ZZ Top. The album is titled "Dust and Grit" and the lyrical content is about the mystique of the arid wilderness.

You can give the conversation more commands to do whatever you want like with the ability to target any tag like:

"make the pretend band names more nonsensical and written from any language. create five more"

quote:

Certainly, here are five descriptions with more nonsensical and international-sounding pretend band names:

1. 1998 LP by Les Chats Cosmiques, a French Cosmic Jazz/Funk band that is similar to Sun Ra, Herbie Hancock, and George Clinton. The album is titled "Étoiles Funky" and the lyrical content is about intergalactic grooves.

2. 2005 LP by Los Zombis del Desierto, a Mexican Cumbia/Metal band that is similar to Santana, Metallica, and Maná. The album is titled "Ritmo de la Muerte" and the lyrical content is about the undead dance of the desert.

3. 1987 LP by Die Sternenwanderer, a German Krautrock/Space Pop band that is similar to Can, Tangerine Dream, and Neu!. The album is titled "Galaktische Träume" and the lyrical content is about cosmic journeys.

4. 1971 LP by Os Fantasmas do Sertão, a Brazilian Sertanejo/Psychedelic Rock band that is similar to Os Mutantes, Raul Seixas, and Pink Floyd. The album is titled "Viagens Eternas" and the lyrical content is about mystical adventures in the wilderness.

5. 2003 LP by The Electric Monkeys, a Japanese Shibuya-kei/Ska band that is similar to Pizzicato Five, The Specials, and Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra. The album is titled "Ska-Rocket Grooves" and the lyrical content is about Tokyo's vibrant city life.

"Create five more and make the the content added more random and unrelated to each other"

quote:

Certainly, here are five more examples with different content:

1. 2003 LP by The Galactic Whispers, a Brazilian funk/jazz band that is similar to James Brown, Herbie Hancock, and Caetano Veloso. The album is titled "Cosmic Groove Odyssey." Lyrical content is about the mysteries of black holes.

2. 2016 LP by The Electric Rainbows, a Japanese synth-pop/rock band that is similar to Depeche Mode, Coldplay, and Perfume. The album is titled "Neon Dreamscape." Lyrical content is about sentient robots seeking love.

3. 1995 LP by The Subterranean Foxes, a Canadian alternative/industrial band that is similar to Nine Inch Nails, The Smashing Pumpkins, and Rush. The album is titled "Mechanical Desires." Lyrical content is about a dystopian future where foxes rule the underground.

4. 1982 LP by The Holographic Dolphins, a Swedish new wave/punk band that is similar to Blondie, The Clash, and ABBA. The album is titled "Digital Waves." Lyrical content is about rebel dolphins fighting for oceanic freedom.

5. 1971 LP by The Psychedelic Parrots, an Australian psychedelic/folk band that is similar to Pink Floyd, The Doors, and Tame Impala. The album is titled "Feathered Reverie." Lyrical content is about time-traveling parrots exploring ancient civilizations.

These examples feature different band names, nationalities, music genres, real band comparisons, album titles, and unrelated lyrical themes.

The power of the tags is you can do poo poo like

" make five more but have the third real band always be some random real ,but not as popular, ska band "
"make the nationality North Korea"
"make the controvery be about a minor inconvience"
"Have all the album names use alliteration and be at least five words long"
"For the real bands, use less popular bands" <--- This one is good and you should always use it because you'll get a million Ramones, Kraftwerk, and Daft Punk uses.
"Have the pretend band name less common and not as popular word"
"Have the year be in the 1400's"

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Oct 6, 2023

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

TIP posted:

The giant Oscar Meyer weinermobile after it has been purchased and repainted by the Ghostbusters to be their new vehicle

I'm so disappointed by how perfect the wienermobiles are in dalle 3.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

EVIL Gibson posted:

I've created a prompt to make in ChatGPT 3.5 to randomly create random just absolute random nonsense. Getting access to the research preview is easy peasy.

after that you get something similar to:

You can give the conversation more commands to do whatever you want like with the ability to target any tag like:

"make the pretend band names more nonsensical and written from any language. create five more"

"Create five more and make the the content added more random and unrelated to each other"

The power of the tags is you can do poo poo like

" make five more but have the third real band always be some random real ,but not as popular, ska band "
"make the nationality North Korea"
"make the controvery be about a minor inconvience"
"Have all the album names use alliteration and be at least five words long"
"For the real bands, use less popular bands" <--- This one is good and you should always use it because you'll get a million Ramones, Kraftwerk, and Daft Punk uses.
"Have the pretend band name less common and not as popular word"
"Have the year be in the 1400's"

Excellent stuff.

I then went ahead and took your prompt and modified it for movies.

quote:

Use the following template to create five descriptions after removing the brackets:

[year] movie by [pretend movie studio] a [nationality] [film genre 1]/[film genre 2] movie that is similar to [random real movie 1], [random real movie 2], and [random real movie 3]. The movie is titled "[pretend movie name that fits with genre, name of studio, and what movie they are similar to]". Plot is about [random topic]. Try to use more obscure movies in the 'similar to' part.

I then instructed it to be wild with the titles and plots and asked for posters:

quote:

1982 movie by Quantum Quirk Films, a Finnish musical/noir movie that is similar to "Eraserhead", "Repo Man", and "Withnail & I". The movie is titled "Helsinki Harmonica Heists". Plot is about a detective who communicates only through harmonica tunes, and he's on the chase for a gang of dancing thieves who steal only left shoes.

quote:

1984 movie by Twilight Tornado Studios, a Mexican fantasy/western movie that is similar to "El Topo", "The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai", and "Time Bandits". The movie is titled "Cactus Cowboys & the Dream Desert". Plot revolves around a group of cowboys who ride flying cacti and are on a quest to find a desert that grants wild dreams, only to realize they're inside a giant's dream.

quote:

1989 movie by Galactic Groove Pictures, a Kenyan sci-fi/period drama movie that is similar to "Plan 9 from Outer Space", "The Color Purple", and "Flash Gordon". The movie is titled "Nairobi Nebula Nobility". Plot follows an African queen from the 18th century who is abducted by disco-loving aliens and must use her diplomacy and dance moves to prevent an interstellar war.

quote:

Following the same format, can you generate me four tall movie posters for:
1981 movie by Nebula Novelties, an Australian action/rom-com movie that is similar to "Mad Max", "Better Off Dead", and "Brazil". The movie is titled "Sydney Surfers vs. Robot Kangaroos". Plot centers on a surfer who falls in love with a scientist, and together they defend Sydney from an invasion of robot kangaroos sent by a jilted lover.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

mcbexx posted:

Haven't tried Bing, but usually "full body shot" does the trick.
You'd think...

Although I did eventually (sometimes) get the result I wanted by using the brush icon in Bing Chat to clear the conversation after each prompt, which seems to force a reset of sorts and get it out of its one-track mind. (I had one batch where despite the prompt beginning "night" every result was in broad daylight until I cleared the thread.)

Edit: my contribution to the 'Batman is unhappy with his fast food' theme - Bing, prompt "realistic,dramatic angle,action,enraged bat-themed superhero furiously stamps on a disappointing burger,splattering ketchup,grimy nyc alley"

Edit edit: he doesn't like his milkshake either.

Small Strange Bird fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Oct 6, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?
Bing keeps apologising for "not being able to produce pictures of that nature", and then proceeds to produce pics. I like these favorable bugs but I don't expect them to last long. It also seems to get paranoid if you use politeness, I suspect they've used such personable "hacks" as the "don't do this" training. Also in another discussion I asked it to spit out a greentext and it made a little story about someone trying to hack the AI getting banned. It's not as chill as it GPT-3 used to be by a long shot.

The thing I love most about it is the prompts aren't a convoluted mess that I actually don't mind sharing. Apologies to Roger Dean:

Psygnosis Amiga Boxart of C-beams glittering in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate

Psygnosis Amiga Boxart for No Man's Sky

A Ravensburger puzzle box featuring a hideous deformed biomechanical telegraph operator suitable for halloween

A 1998 DOS adventure game screenshot featuring a hideous deformed biomechanical telegraph operator suitable for halloween

I had to see how this played out as a text adventure:

quote:

>>instead of a picture do text from a text adventure where the player encounters a biomechanical telegraph operator in a horror setting. Make it humorous but also grim.

I'll try to create that.

Here is the text from a text adventure where the player encounters a biomechanical telegraph operator in a horror setting. I hope you find it humorous but also grim.

---

You are in a dark and dusty basement, surrounded by old machines and wires. You hear a faint clicking sound coming from a corner of the room. You decide to investigate.

> go to the corner

You walk towards the corner, where you see a wooden table with a telegraph device on it. The device is connected to a large metal contraption that looks like a cross between a human and a spider. The contraption has wires and tubes running through its body, and its eyes are glowing red. It is typing furiously on the telegraph device, sending out messages in Morse code.

> examine contraption

You take a closer look at the contraption. It has a human head, but its face is twisted and deformed. Its mouth is full of metal teeth, and its ears are replaced by speakers. Its arms and legs are replaced by metal limbs with claws and wheels. Its torso is covered by a metal shell, with wires and tubes sticking out of it. It seems to be powered by some kind of battery or generator.

> talk to contraption

You try to talk to the contraption, hoping to get some answers.

"Hello? Who are you? What are you doing here?"

The contraption stops typing and turns its head towards you. It speaks in a distorted voice, using Morse code.

"Who am I? I am the telegraph operator. What am I doing here? I am sending messages to the world. Messages of horror and despair. Messages of doom and gloom. Messages of death and destruction."

"Why are you doing that? What is your purpose?"

"My purpose? My purpose is to spread fear and chaos. To make people suffer and panic. To make them lose hope and faith. To make them die."

"Who made you? Who gave you this purpose?"

"Who made me? I don't know. I don't remember. I only know that I was once human, but now I am not. I was once alive, but now I am not. I was once happy, but now I am not."

"Can you stop? Can you change? Can you be happy again?"

"Stop? Change? Happy? No, no, no. I cannot stop. I cannot change. I cannot be happy. I can only do what I do. What I must do. What I was made to do."

The contraption resumes typing on the telegraph device, ignoring you.

> leave

You decide to leave the basement, feeling disturbed and frightened by what you saw. You wonder who or what created such a monstrosity, and what kind of messages it is sending out to the world. You hope that no one will ever receive them, or that they will not believe them if they do.

You exit the basement and run away from the house, never looking back.

THE END

>>instead of running away and "the end" you find a way to restore the contraption's memories.
I’ll try to create that.

Here is the text from a text adventure where the player finds a way to restore the contraption’s memories.

You decide to not leave the basement, feeling curious and compassionate about the contraption. You wonder if there is a way to restore its memories, and make it remember who it was before it became a telegraph operator. You look around the room, hoping to find something that could help.

search the room

You search the room, looking for anything that could be useful. You find a few items, such as:

A screwdriver
A pair of scissors
A flashlight
A photo album
A newspaper clipping
examine photo album

You examine the photo album, hoping to find some clues about the contraption’s past. You open it and see a collection of photos, showing a man and a woman in various places and occasions. They look happy and in love. You notice that the man looks very similar to the contraption’s head, except that he has normal features and expressions. You wonder if he is the contraption’s former self.

show photo album to contraption

You show the photo album to the contraption, hoping to trigger some memories. You hold it in front of its face and point to the photos.

“Look at this. Do you recognize these people? Do you know who they are?”

The contraption stops typing and looks at the photo album. It scans the photos with its red eyes, and then speaks in Morse code.

“Who are they? They are… they are… I don’t know. I don’t know who they are. I don’t know anything.”

“Are you sure? Don’t you see any resemblance? Don’t you feel anything?”

“No, no, no. I don’t see anything. I don’t feel anything. I only see strangers. Strangers who mean nothing to me.”

The contraption turns away from the photo album and resumes typing on the telegraph device.

examine newspaper clipping

You examine the newspaper clipping, hoping to find some more clues about the contraption’s past. You read it and see that it is a report about a tragic accident that occurred at a telegraph station. It says that a telegraph operator named John Smith was electrocuted by a faulty wire while working on his device. He suffered severe burns and injuries, and was rushed to a hospital. His wife, Mary Smith, was notified and went to see him. The article ends with a note that his condition was critical and uncertain.

show newspaper clipping to contraption

You show the newspaper clipping to the contraption, hoping to make it realize what happened to it. You hold it in front of its face and read it aloud.

“Listen to this. This is what happened to you. You were a telegraph operator named John Smith. You had a wife named Mary Smith. You were working on your device when you were electrocuted by a faulty wire. You were taken to a hospital, where you were experimented on by some mad scientists. They turned you into this… this thing.”

The contraption stops typing and looks at the newspaper clipping. It listens to your words, and then speaks in Morse code.

“What are you saying? What are you talking about? This is nonsense. This is lies. This is not me. This is not my story.”

“Yes, it is. It is you. It is your story. Don’t you remember? Don’t you remember anything?”

“No, no, no. I don’t remember anything. I don’t remember anything but this. This is me. This is my story.”

The contraption turns away from the newspaper clipping and resumes typing on the telegraph device.

use screwdriver on contraption

You decide to use the screwdriver on the contraption, hoping to open its metal shell and access its brain or memory chip or whatever it has inside its head. You grab the screwdriver and approach the contraption from behind.

“Hey, what are you doing? What are you doing with that screwdriver?”

The contraption notices your movement and speaks in Morse code.

“I am going to open your head and try to restore your memories.”

“Open my head? Restore my memories? No, no, no. Don’t do that. Don’t touch me.”

The contraption tries to move away from you, but you grab its metal limbs and hold it down.

“Stop struggling. Stop resisting. Trust me, this is for your own good.”

“No, no, no. Leave me alone. Leave me alone.”

You ignore its protests and use the screwdriver to unscrew its metal shell.

open metal shell

You open the metal shell, revealing its inner workings. You see a mass of wires and tubes connected to a small device that looks like a hard drive or a memory card or something like that.

examine device

You examine the device, hoping to find some way to access its data or reset its settings or something like that.

find a switch

You look for a switch on the device, hoping to find something that could turn it on or off or change its mode or something like that. You find a small button that says “RESET”.

press reset

You press the reset button, hoping to restore the contraption’s memories. You hear a beep and see a flash of light.

“Memory reset complete. Rebooting system.”

The contraption’s eyes go dark and then light up again. It looks at you and speaks in a normal voice, using words instead of Morse code.

“Hello? Who are you? Where am I? What is this?”

“Hello. I am a friend. You are in a basement. This is a telegraph device.”

“A friend? A basement? A telegraph device? What are you talking about?”

“You don’t remember anything, do you?”

“Remember what?”

“Your name, your life, your past.”

“My name? My life? My past? No, I don’t remember anything. I don’t remember anything at all.”

“Don’t worry. I’ll help you remember. I’ll tell you everything.”

“Tell me everything? What do you mean?”

“I mean that you were once a human, but now you are not. You were once alive, but now you are not. You were once happy, but now you are not.”

“What? What are you saying? That’s impossible. That’s horrible. That’s…”

The contraption starts to panic and scream.

calm down contraption

You try to calm down the contraption, hoping to make it accept its reality.

“Shh, shh, shh. Calm down. Calm down. It’s okay. It’s okay.”

“It’s not okay. It’s not okay. How can it be okay?”

“It can be okay. It can be okay if you want it to be okay.”

“How can I want it to be okay? How can I want anything?”

“You can want anything. You can want anything you want.”

“What do I want? What do I want?”

“You tell me. What do you want?”

“I… I don’t know. I don’t know what I want.”

“Well, think about it. Think about what you want.”

“I… I want… I want…”

The contraption pauses and thinks.

“I want… I want to be human again. I want to be alive again. I want to be happy again.”

“Is that what you really want?”

“Yes, yes, yes. That’s what I really want.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes, yes, yes. I’m sure.”

“Well, then… maybe there is a way.”

“A way? A way to what?”

“A way to make your wish come true.”

“Really? Really? How?”

“Well… maybe… maybe if we use this telegraph device…”

“What? What do you mean?”

“I mean… maybe if we send a message… a message to someone who can help us…”

“Who? Who can help us?”

“I don’t know… maybe… maybe someone who knows about science… or magic… or both…”

“Science? Magic? Both? What are you talking about?”

“I’m talking about… a miracle… a miracle that can change everything…”

“A miracle? A miracle that can change everything?”

“Yes, yes, yes. A miracle that can change everything.”

“Do you believe in miracles?”

“I don’t know… maybe… maybe I do…”

“Well, then… let’s try it. Let’s try to make a miracle happen.”

“Okay… okay… let’s try it.”

You and the contraption sit down at the telegraph device and start typing.

type “SOS”

You type “SOS” on the telegraph device, hoping to get someone’s attention.

“SOS”

“SOS”

“SOS”

You wait for a reply.

wait

You wait for a reply.

Nothing happens.

type “HELP”

You type “HELP” on the telegraph device, hoping to get someone’s help.

“HELP”

“HELP”

“HELP”

You wait for a reply.

wait

You wait for a reply.

Nothing happens.

type “PLEASE”

You type “PLEASE” on the telegraph device, hoping to get someone’s sympathy.

“PLEASE”

“PLEASE”

“PLEASE”

You wait for a reply.

wait

You wait for a reply.

Something happens.

You hear a beep and see a flash of light.

A message appears on the telegraph device.

It says:

“HELLO”

I pushed it a bit further and just as it was getting good it wussed out with its generic excuse after crossing some internal line and refused to continue or redo the unfathomably problematic part, very frustrating. Unfortunately I was dumb enough to ragequit & delete the whole thing instead of copying the next response :(

Oh and it gave me an alien with a dick wtf
:nws::nws:
I asked it for something more unique instead of the typical "grey" alien so it prompted "A picture that looks like security camera footage of an alien sneaking around a suburban home, with a less typical and more unique alien design". Which is what I got I guess.