Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

smellmycheese posted:

Has anyone heard a peep out of Keith this week about the rotten railway or the general Tory shitshow ?

he's been forensically monitoring some paint drying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

History Comes Inside! posted:

Weirdly if I don’t eat breakfast I can go all day on nothing and just have something for tea around 6, but if I do eat breakfast I’m always left absolutely ravenous by about 10am and just want to eat constantly throughout the day.

Exactly the same. I'm always hungry around 1030am regardless of whether I've eaten breakfast of any size or not. BUT if I haven't eaten breakfast, it passes off after 15-20 minutes, but if I have eaten breakfast I am absolutely ravenous the rest of the day.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Porridge (mostly water cooked with water, dash of soy milk) with dark chocolate (70%) and dried cranberries. The price of cranberries has really gone up in the last few years.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Porridge with milk and then extra milk to cool it a bit. If no porridge, a handful of salted pistachio nuts until porridge and a cuppa.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Guavanaut posted:

The Thing in Yellow.

Which reminded me it's about that time of year to take out the occult device that ends up at the back of a drawer in something like 60% of British households and you're never quite sure how you got one.

I have the modern version that makes toasties in the microwave using some voodoo I don't understand. They turn out exactly like a regular toastie. I haven't used it recently but it was great when I was working in the office.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Jakabite posted:

What do you all eat for breakfast?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I sleep in a big bowl of corn flakes with my wife

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Miftan posted:

Porridge (mostly water cooked with water, dash of soy milk)

Sounds runny

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

I have the modern version that makes toasties in the microwave using some voodoo I don't understand. They turn out exactly like a regular toastie. I haven't used it recently but it was great when I was working in the office.
Probably uses silicon carbide in the black parts. That's one of the few things that strongly blocks all home microwave frequencies without wrecking the oven, and in doing so gets very hot.

Or if you add a bit of outside insulation, ridiculously hot.

So the plates act just like the electrically heated plates in the old press, and also block the microwaves from turning the inside of the toastie into a soggy mess.

It's a good idea, and would definitely heat up faster than mine.

fridge corn posted:

I sleep in a big bowl of corn flakes with my wife

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

History Comes Inside! posted:

Weirdly if I don’t eat breakfast I can go all day on nothing and just have something for tea around 6, but if I do eat breakfast I’m always left absolutely ravenous by about 10am and just want to eat constantly throughout the day.

Same actually. It's like that first bit of food kick starts your appetite.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

Hold up. This is big news

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

For breakfast I usually just have a mug of coffee and whatever my daughter leaves of her breakfast. If I make my own as well then it ends up being too much and I'm trying to avoid becoming overly large as I stumble through my mid-30s.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

sebzilla posted:

For breakfast I usually just have a mug of coffee and whatever my daughter leaves of her breakfast.

:respek: bread crusts and a mildly chewed banana for me

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Jakabite posted:

That is a hell of a good breakfast. What type of cheese? I’ve been trying to work my way through all the different blue cheeses in Tesco. It’s St. Agur this week but nothing so far has beat Shropshire Blue

E: blueberries eh? Someone’s been swapping their fruit ration books!!!

I find that you want a thin cheese that melts from the heat of the sausages and then cool and solidify again.
So my preference is either cheader or a smoked cheese that are not too thick. Or cheese singles (over here in Ireland I use EasiSingles the Mature Flavour.) If time and money is a factor.

Jakabite posted:

Lot of granola and yoghurt eaters. Maybe that will be next week’s breakfast for ol’ Jakabite.

Anyone ever had a cheese and jam sandwich? Not a misspelling. Usually some sort of emmental type cheese on a crusty roll. I invented it at a breakfast buffet once and it’s great.

Yes I would have it. The savoury taste of cheese compliments the sweetness of jam.
I usually have it on thick soda bread (particularly the bread my mum bakes.) With very thin cuts of cheddar and often raspberry jam together.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

How do you make toast the night before?

As others have said, with a toaster.

But seriously, I find toasted bread makes for nicer sandwiches. They go really nice and soft if microwaved just before you eat them, and they are still nice and chewy if had cold.

That being said my personal preference is for toasting on a low heat, as I like my toast at a "still mostly white" level.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

fuctifino posted:

https://twitter.com/KayBurley/status/1709840600537710936

It's frustrating when you watch journalists do their job properly, because you're reminded what a poo poo job they do most of the other times

It's just bizarre how much conservatives care about other people's genitalia. Genuinely, I don't think I care about anything as much as they care about making sure that they know exactly what you've got in your pants, so they can decide which societal box you should be in.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I usually can't face breakfast before I have to leave for work so usually it's half my sandwich when I get there.

Mano
Jul 11, 2012

Jakabite posted:

Lot of granola and yoghurt eaters. Maybe that will be next week’s breakfast for ol’ Jakabite.

Anyone ever had a cheese and jam sandwich? Not a misspelling. Usually some sort of emmental type cheese on a crusty roll. I invented it at a breakfast buffet once and it’s great.

I like honey with Emmentaler, it somehow matches up for me.
Raspberry with some soft cheese brie-like.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Failed Imagineer posted:

Indeed. This is also new magic to me. I googled, and behold:

They do a grill, a potato oven and a multipot cooker

My mind is blown

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Of course you can change your gender and the conservative party has always been very clear about treating people with respect and kindness. You just won't be able to do anything at all to live in your changed gender or we will send the new Sex Rights Enforcement Squad to check your genitals and arrest you. This is just common sense and you can't call us transphobic because nyeh nyeh ny-nyeh nyeh we're not touching you why are you mad

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Angepain posted:

Sex Rights Enforcement Squad
Far too modern and bureaucratic a name, they'll go with Transfinder Genital

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Breakfast is half a pot of coffee and maybe some of these to dip in it:

Called kanelikorppu

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

My breakfast is, as I said elsewhere in this subforum, a coffee, which is technically a soup.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Failed Imagineer posted:

You should have tried eating normal breakfast

no

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

His Divine Shadow posted:

Breakfast is half a pot of coffee and maybe some of these to dip in it:

Called kanelikorppu

Like a cinnamon... bread? Biscuit?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Called in a sickie this morning as got only 15 mins sleep all night.
After phoning it in, ordered McDonalds 2 Egg Mcmuffins, 3 hash browns.
No loving regrets.
Woke from my food coma a few mins ago, going back to sleep in a few more here.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

happyhippy posted:

No loving regrets.

If I were in a position to eat a big breakfast that is what I would eat also.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

fuctifino posted:

Indeed. This is also new magic to me. I googled, and behold:

They do a grill, a potato oven and a multipot cooker

My mind is blown

what is this madness

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

what is this madness

They call this magick MICO.... from the Hobbs Richards family, and goes by the name Russell Morphy

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Oct 5, 2023

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

fuctifino posted:

They call this magick MICO.... from the Hobbs family, and goes by the name Russell

I've found that out by googling but the question still stands

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Gort posted:

Like a cinnamon... bread? Biscuit?

It's made from "pulla", a kind of cardamom sweet bread that's very popular here, that's been sliced and twice baked so it's hard. I would say it's sort of like a biscuit.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I've found that out by googling but the question still stands

Guavanaut posted:

Probably uses silicon carbide in the black parts. That's one of the few things that strongly blocks all home microwave frequencies without wrecking the oven, and in doing so gets very hot.

So the plates act just like the electrically heated plates in the old press, and also block the microwaves from turning the inside of the toastie into a soggy mess.

I just ordered the multi pot and the sandwich maker. This is going to be revolutionary for my cripple cooking skills :allears:

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Oct 5, 2023

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Failed Imagineer posted:

Just ordered, if this works out will post the old electric one to anyone who desires it

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Guavanaut posted:

Hey this is cool stuff

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Hey this is cool stuff

On the contrary :dadjoke:

Mano
Jul 11, 2012

His Divine Shadow posted:

twice baked so it's hard. I would say it's sort of like a biscuit.

I mean that's the literal meaning of biscuit.
(yes I know that nowadays biscuit is often fluffy barely-once-baked)

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Mano posted:

I mean that's the literal meaning of biscuit.
(yes I know that nowadays biscuit is often fluffy barely-once-baked)

That sounds like a scone (or what Americans call biscuits). Biscuits are hard and crunchy not soft and squishy.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
-mug of porrage
-mug of coffee
-handful of pills
-litre of water

I call it the three mugs

the best grilled cheese sandwiches are fried in a pan imo gently caress cleaning a breville

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

happyhippy posted:

No loving regrets.

Filth. But I like it

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Jakabite posted:

This post made me actually laugh out loud while sat alone eating a bacon sandwich (like that Ed Miliband!!!) so thanks for that

What do you all eat for breakfast? I’m on bacon sarnies this week but it varies between that, cereal, pate and some sort of chutney on toast, and protein, banana and peanut butter smoothie. Variety is the spice of life and all. Im open to new ideas

A half-hour walk to the nearest Costa to get healthy stuff over with for the day, an increasingly obscenely overpriced latte, a bus ride home then granary toast with marmite and some apple and ginger juice.

Jakabite posted:

I invented cheddar and honey sandwiches when I was 5 or so. Worked surprisingly well.

Well, surprisingly well if your aim is to be a fat git all your life, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

grobbo posted:

Sadly, investigation indicates that those are real UK teenagers towering over Rishi:

https://twitter.com/BranMacMuffin/status/1709862399098916896

lol he's so much more personable than starmer

mind that's a low bar, the same can be said of my scrotum