Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
gently caress yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBnTqn0lBDA

John Woo Christmas revenge movie with almost no dialogue :yeshaha:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

kinda came out of nowhere but a screening double billed (had to pay twice :shepspends:) with Creator was an Indian movie Kill which some of you might be down for

it's The Raid on a train

So basically Snowpiercer?

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
The One remake will have none of the charm and will be 2 and a half hours long.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Shageletic posted:

I still haven't watched that

if Kill is anything to go by, Indian trains are weirdly egalitarian

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Shageletic posted:

Not really except that it's also on a train. It doesn't exactly have the scifi element and while all war is class war is not quite as cut and dry as in Snowpiercer.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Neo Rasa posted:

gently caress yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBnTqn0lBDA

John Woo Christmas revenge movie with almost no dialogue :yeshaha:

wait didn't that come out last? and star santa claus?

Lamont
Mar 31, 2007
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
We should get a Christmas-themed action movie every year

Predator vs Kris Kringle when

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Jingle Shells
School of Hard Nogs
Ruger The Red-Nosed Rifle

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Mantis42 posted:

wait didn't that come out last? and star santa claus?

I enjoyed that movie a lot but I wish it had a SLIGHTLY higher budget or was a little more polished because when it does work it loving works but some of it is a slog. Like it's so close to being amazing.

poonchasta
Feb 22, 2007

FFFFAAAFFFFF FFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFFAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF
Are y'all talking about Fatman with Mel Gibson playing Santa Claus?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

poonchasta posted:

Are y'all talking about Fatman with Mel Gibson playing Santa Claus?

Nope, Violent Night with David Harbour. Great little movie whenever David Harbour does his thing, but lacking a little otherwise.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Leguizamo is awesome in Violent Night

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Yea Violent Night was like right on the edge of the good/great border and just didn't quite make it over to great. It was a fun movie but not necessarily one that I see as a yearly favorite or a future cult classic.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I dunno why Leguizamo has so much goodwill with me, since as far as I can tell, I've never actually liked a movie he's in, but I'm always pleasantly surprised when he shows up.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

He was great in the Menu

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

GrandpaPants posted:

I dunno why Leguizamo has so much goodwill with me, since as far as I can tell, I've never actually liked a movie he's in, but I'm always pleasantly surprised when he shows up.

I'll tell Keanu you said that. Why do you want to make Keanu sad?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Grendels Dad posted:

I'll tell Keanu you said that. Why do you want to make Keanu sad?

I legit forgot he was in the first couple John Wicks, but I was also pleasantly surprised seeing him in them.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

GrandpaPants posted:

The Pest is easily the worst movie I've ever seen, I will never forgive him for that one.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

dokmo posted:

The Pest is easily the worst movie I've ever seen, I will never forgive him for that one.

The Pest was a middle school classic for me despite being dogshit trash

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

The opening of the pest is one of the most aggressively unpleasant sequences ever recorded to film

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

morestuff posted:

The Pest was a middle school classic for me despite being dogshit trash

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

One stinky dinky ah ah Ah

Two stinky dinky ah ah ahhhhhh

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

weekly font posted:

The opening of the pest is one of the most aggressively unpleasant sequences ever recorded to film

I mistakenly thought this might just be goon exaggeration so I looked up the opening and scene and you are correct.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Neo Rasa posted:

I mistakenly thought this might just be goon exaggeration so I looked up the opening and scene and you are correct.

I just did this too.

Good grief. That was… something.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

He doesn't care who he offends!

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Neo Rasa posted:

You’re welcome.

peekaboo gangster
Sep 12, 2003

Neo Rasa posted:

"Let's see, he's made fun of almost every single group here.."
"WHAT ABOUT VAMPIRES"
(hushed murmur comes over the table)

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

peekaboo gangster posted:

"Let's see, he's made fun of almost every single group here.."
"WHAT ABOUT VAMPIRES"
(hushed murmur comes over the table)

I had no desire to watch it and now I kinda do

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

GrandpaPants posted:

He's never the worst thing in a movie and never the reason it's bad. Also, his Tybalt was loving great. He's also just pretty personable and likeable in interviews, which probably helps.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

GrandpaPants posted:

Somebody's never seen Executive Decision!

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

He shows up in everything and is pretty good, he just can’t lead a film.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Sirotan posted:

Somebody's never seen Executive Decision!

I've seen the interview where he makes fun of Steven Seagal and it's hilarious

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

GrandpaPants posted:

I dunno why Leguizamo has so much goodwill with me, since as far as I can tell, I've never actually liked a movie he's in
Not even Carlito's Way?

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

flashy_mcflash posted:

I caught KILL earlier this month and it loving rocks. Very similar to The Raid but horizontal instead of vertical.

Why is there no trailer for this movie online? I gotta wet my beak here.

Pathaan sure ruled, a lot of fun, that had a train.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I just watched Dungeon and Dragons: Honor Among Thieves and have to say the action scenes were great. Some really memorable fights.

Here's one of them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJSg-DruIWk

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Shageletic posted:

I just watched Dungeon and Dragons: Honor Among Thieves and have to say the action scenes were great. Some really memorable fights.

Here's one of them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJSg-DruIWk

That fight is kinda ruined by how pointless it is though. He knows he can't kill them and the fight doesn't allow the others to escape.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

That's why I thought it was a safe one to post. There's alot of meta stuff about that character basically being the DM that I also thought was funny. Just wanted to show the weirdly good choreography in some fantasy movie.

When I grew up fighting in fantasy movies....just sucked. Well, outside of LotR I guess.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
A lot of what people comment on in the D&D movie is just how fiction works. Put a bog standard mentor character in a D&D movie and suddenly people are commenting on how clearly the GM put their GMPC in to help the party, stuff like that.

To be clear: I liked the movie, I thought the action and heist stuff was clever and enjoyable, it's good, it didn't deserve to tank. In 15 years it's gonna be a lot of 25 year olds favorite movie.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
A few of the stunt choreographers also worked on the 300 sequel, which had some sick fights despite not being very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatfuturekid
Jan 5, 2014
Watched "The Ballerina" (Netflix) over the weekend and really dug it. It's more crime thriller, than a full on action movie, but what action there is really works. The cuts and editing are more chaotic than seen in (most) recent films but I thought it added to the intensity and scrappiness of the fights. About halfway though Kill Boksoon as we speak and really digging it as well.