Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

vaginite posted:

Yeah I’d have to give Mostert plus another rb then it’s a bad trade for me.

I’m overthinking it I’m just gonna sit.

I’ve got adams/nacua as my WRs and those RBs I think I can just wait instead of making a bad trade.

I’m always anxious to try and make moves and it bites me in the rear end a bunch.

i don't know, nacua's about to lose a fair number of targets, and adams...i just can't trust on that team.

i would definitely, definitely, definitely try moving nacua + mostert or achane for diggs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I actually have Achane and Puka lol so that’s interesting :thunk: But giving up Achane is also terrifying with how he’s playing. I’m not sure it’s a fluke, he looks awesome.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
I’m playing fantasy and paying attention to football again for the first time in like 3 years, so please don’t gimme a hard time.

If I have Herbert and Richardson and I could get Kelce for Richardson, it’s a mash accept, right?

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Doppelganger posted:

I’m playing fantasy and paying attention to football again for the first time in like 3 years, so please don’t gimme a hard time.

If I have Herbert and Richardson and I could get Kelce for Richardson, it’s a mash accept, right?

Yes. Mash accept.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Docjowles posted:

I actually have Achane and Puka lol so that’s interesting :thunk: But giving up Achane is also terrifying with how he’s playing. I’m not sure it’s a fluke, he looks awesome.

yes, but he's only had a few good games, still splits time with mostert, and you are getting, imo, a top 3 receiver in return (hill, jefferson, then diggs).

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Doppelganger posted:

yes do this and then mail them a gift basket or a large floral arrangement something

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
I'm holding Mims on my bench and JSN and Quinten Johnston have both been dropped for bye week fill-ins.

If you could only fit one on your bench as a late season stash which would it be?

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Docjowles posted:

Guys like Achane are why we play fantasy. Cool name, easy to root for team, smol man running circles around enormous man - if you offered me Diggs for Achane I'd tell you go to fk yourself

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Docjowles posted:

Speaking of trades, are you guys trying to unload Puka with Kupp practicing again? Or hold and hope he’s been too good to entirely go on the back burner? I have a glut of receivers on one team and am trying to figure out who to dangle in trades. Also have Garrett Wilson, Christian Watson, Gabe Davis, Tank Dell.

Wilson was supposed to be my WR1 and Rodgers going down means I now have like 5 WR2s instead (plus Puka with a looming expiration date)

I don't think Kupp impacts Puka this year. I think Tutu Atwell is the guy who will suffer. I think betting against the guy who is setting NFL records as a rookie is something that will bite you in the rear end. Honestly thinking of trying to trade for him from guys who are panicking about it.

Doppelganger posted:

Don't ever feel bad for asking stuff like this. Sometimes, a trade seems so loving obvious you have to ask because you are worried you are missing something. I have a fantasy football website and still ask questions like this.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

abelwingnut posted:

i don't know, nacua's about to lose a fair number of targets, and adams...i just can't trust on that team.

i would definitely, definitely, definitely try moving nacua + mostert or achane for diggs.

That's a drat good idea I'm gonna try it. I was coming at the problem with the assumption that I wouldn't trade receivers but that's really good thinking.

e: drat good idea if I can get diggs for mostert and pucua, just put in the request. I think Achane is the future of fantasy football wins.

vaginite fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Oct 5, 2023

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

That is also a fair trade on the surface, assuming things remain constant.

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.
Anyone else notice a considerable reduction in the number of trades going though in their leagues?

I've had zero trades happen so far in any of my 4 leagues, where previous years you'd have a bunch completed by week5.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Docjowles posted:

Speaking of trades, are you guys trying to unload Puka with Kupp practicing again? Or hold and hope he’s been too good to entirely go on the back burner? I have a glut of receivers on one team and am trying to figure out who to dangle in trades. Also have Garrett Wilson, Christian Watson, Gabe Davis, Tank Dell.

Wilson was supposed to be my WR1 and Rodgers going down means I now have like 5 WR2s instead (plus Puka with a looming expiration date)

I think Kupp's injury is much worse than they've really let on. I would be skeptical of how much he will really contribute this year even when he does return.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I think Kupp's injury is much worse than they've really let on. I would be skeptical of how much he will really contribute this year even when he does return.

Lol, he's already practicing

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

Sataere posted:

That is also a fair trade on the surface, assuming things remain constant.

Yeah and it's a huge upgrade for the person I'm trading with - it's a win-win.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

who would you rather roster ROS in PPR as a backup/flex/trade bait: musgrave, kincaid, or zay jones?

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

abelwingnut posted:

Also man I love Adams I think he transcends his team. He reminds of Larry Fitzgerald, where throwing it to him, no matter where is or how many defenders are around him is like a check down. That guy just gets the ball, and if you don't hit him instantly he's gone for 20. He got 15 for me last week, all in the 4th quarter, with Garoppolo hurt, and poo poo rear end backup O'Connell finally realized that play books and break timings are bullshit, just huck it to Adams.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

pmchem posted:

who would you rather roster ROS in PPR as a backup/flex/trade bait: musgrave, kincaid, or zay jones?

Kincaid, I suppose.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

pmchem posted:

normally id say none of these but didnt you just turn spare parts into Aiyuk?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Matt Zerella posted:

normally id say none of these but didnt you just turn spare parts into Aiyuk?

Yeah same league. I’ll have a roster slot to fill when the trade processes, all those guys are somehow on the wire in a 12 man league. I guess understandable since they all have issues of some kind.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

vaginite posted:

Also man I love Adams I think he transcends his team. He reminds of Larry Fitzgerald, where throwing it to him, no matter where is or how many defenders are around him is like a check down. That guy just gets the ball, and if you don't hit him instantly he's gone for 20. He got 15 for me last week, all in the 4th quarter, with Garoppolo hurt, and poo poo rear end backup O'Connell finally realized that play books and break timings are bullshit, just huck it to Adams.

I do primarily auction and tried to get multiple shares of Adams because it feels like every year, we forget he is one of the three best wide receivers in football. He is currently the WR6 on the season with a combo of Aidan O'Connell and Jimmy G at quarterback and with 3/4 less of a game than the guys ahead of him. Give me all the Adams shares!

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Sataere posted:

I don't think Kupp impacts Puka this year. I think Tutu Atwell is the guy who will suffer. I think betting against the guy who is setting NFL records as a rookie is something that will bite you in the rear end. Honestly thinking of trying to trade for him from guys who are panicking about it.

Don't ever feel bad for asking stuff like this. Sometimes, a trade seems so loving obvious you have to ask because you are worried you are missing something. I have a fantasy football website and still ask questions like this.

Appreciate the perspective on Puka. I would love to secure a no doubt top end receiver like Hill or JJ or Diggs since Puka is easily my alpha right now and he may or may not be in like a week. But hell maybe Puka and Achane is totally fine. Vs idk, Garrett Wilson and Gabe Davis. Still gonna send some texts to see what is possible

Also yeah I hear you. I feel 1000% confident firing off advice for everyone else but agonize over everything for my own teams. Never feel bad asking stuff

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Oct 5, 2023

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Sataere posted:

Lol, he's already practicing

Sure. But let's see how many snaps he gets in his first game back and how long it is until he gets injured again. His age, and taking a long time to recover from an injury are bad omens.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I feel really good about stashing Jonathan Taylor if he plays. That was a good use of IR.

If he's Taylor of old I just injected my team with a top 5 back

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.
I'd feel better about Taylor if he got a contract extension or got traded to another team.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I may have hosed up big time. Got together with some friends and got really high and decided to make some trades. I have no more depth for WR but now I'm rolling with...

Tua
Pacheco
Monty
REEK
Thielen
LaPorta
Kyren Wins

Breeze, Javonte, Spieres as my bench lol

I don't want to talk about my bench and ai still gotta fill two spots too...

I'm 4-0 and I let it get to me. Watch as this team immediately combusts!

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Is Allgeier a drop at this point? My bench has other more exciting fliers I’d rather hang on to with it being a keeper league, and I need to pick up a Kicker for the week. I’m also kind of saturated at RB2/3s with Conner, Mattison, Roschon, and now McLaughlin.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Whoreson Welles posted:

Is Allgeier a drop at this point? My bench has other more exciting fliers I’d rather hang on to with it being a keeper league, and I need to pick up a Kicker for the week. I’m also kind of saturated at RB2/3s with Conner, Mattison, Roschon, and now McLaughlin.

I dropped Allgeier after the Detroit game, but I also dropped achane the week before he blew up, so

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

What do I do with this team? I'm 2 and 2. RB situation is kind of dire (I drafted Chubb). Are we in a wait and see with Mostert and Nacua, or should I shift them for a RB with the idea that Kupp and the rest of my receivers can do the job?

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Is Tee Higgins going to have value going forward? Got offered him in a trade.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
My RB situation is also dire.

My top two RB are Najee Harriss and Gus Edwards. I have Josh Kelley, Tyler Allgeier, and Tyjae Spears on my bench. I am somehow 2-2 (thanks Puka!).
Trying to trade for a real RB, but trades are rare and hard to come by.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007

mega dy posted:

If you believe that Joe Burrow will get healthy then yes. In my experience he's a bit boom/bust. You never know when Joe will just fixate on Chase all day. But I liked having him on my team.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

mega dy posted:

I just traded away my only Chase share for Bijan because I want no part of the Bengals offense.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

MalleusDei posted:

What do I do with this team? I'm 2 and 2. RB situation is kind of dire (I drafted Chubb). Are we in a wait and see with Mostert and Nacua, or should I shift them for a RB with the idea that Kupp and the rest of my receivers can do the job?

I wouldn't describe that RB situation as dire at all. Mostert will probably be a little volatile but very startable until he inevitably gets hurt. I would try move Kupp or Puka since you probably aren't starting both. If you are afraid of Mostert injury, a Puka+Mostert package could get you a real home-run hitter in trade.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i genuinely don't know what to think of the bengals' situation and am therefore avoiding it. sure, if you offered me chase for, like, an rb10 or whatever, duh. but...burrow isn't right, and it seems like they think a broken burrow is better than a healthy browning.

i think they gotta give browning a shot soon just to see. burrow clearly isn't getting it done, but they've been this hard-headed and outright denying reality so far so i'm not sure what will change their minds. seems like it's going to take burrow admitting he can't do it, which...good luck.

e: if i had higgins, and someone offered me...etienne? sure thing. if they offered me...mattison? eh. if they offered me...aaron jones? almost certainly.

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Oct 5, 2023

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I'm gonna hold on to Higgins for a while in case the Bengals get their poo poo together because he's still a very good player and he won me a few late season games last year. But I wouldn't listen to me if I were you.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Sataere posted:

because I want no part of the Bengals offense.

This is the short answer.

The long answer is this 20 minute QB school video breaking down not only how much Burrow sucks but also how Chase and the OLine just don't give a gently caress https://youtu.be/Kwvkz9YLJe8

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

As a Higgins owner I’m holding firm. I mean, yeah, this season has looked awful for the Bengals. You should be focused on the present not the past either fantasy football (life too). But it’s Joe Burrow and Tee Higgins. Highly skilled player, highly skilled quarterback. That’s a perfect combo. I have faith that they will figure things out because the upside of that is higher than anything I could most likely trade Higgins for.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
We determine our last playoff spot by highest point total (for teams not already in the playoffs), and currently that team is 0-4. I'm rooting very hard for them to go winless but make the playoffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Kilometers Davis posted:

As a Higgins owner I’m holding firm. I mean, yeah, this season has looked awful for the Bengals. You should be focused on the present not the past either fantasy football (life too). But it’s Joe Burrow and Tee Higgins. Highly skilled player, highly skilled quarterback. That’s a perfect combo. I have faith that they will figure things out because the upside of that is higher than anything I could most likely trade Higgins for.

Counterpoint - Higgins rat hosed me in the championship round last year and I drafted him again this year against my better judgement. He's insanely boom/bust.

And with his Q tag this week he's looking like a decoy play. He'll start and run a couple series and then go sit out the rest of the game.