Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
How in the heck did they miss that the description for Psychenetic Wrath is wrong/not working?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Kaddish posted:

How in the heck did they miss that the description for Psychenetic Wrath is wrong/not working?

:fatshark:

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Mendrian posted:

*There's a talent that's supposed to heal a small amount of corruption every tic, does that work? I didn't see it work once.

I think you might be right. I think it might be broken. I didn't test extensively, but I noticed the same thing. And I assume it won't heal grim corruption, but in the cases I was watching it, it didn't seem to be working for normal corruption.

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

Mendrian posted:

*There's a talent that's supposed to heal a small amount of corruption every tic, does that work? I didn't see it work once.
If I'm reading the description correctly this only heals corruption that's on your current wound bar. So it's kinda unsynergistic with the keystone that buffs you based on how many wounds you have which is funny since that's on the same tree IIRC

Instead you probably want to have just 2 wounds with it.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Internet Explorer posted:

I think you might be right. I think it might be broken. I didn't test extensively, but I noticed the same thing. And I assume it won't heal grim corruption, but in the cases I was watching it, it didn't seem to be working for normal corruption.

Which is funny because there's a vet talent to make medpack heal corruption and it works on overdrive, clearing all corruption in literal seconds.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Internet Explorer posted:

I can confirm it works, in a goon group we tried picking up a Grimoire and aside from the flat amount of corruption for having one picked up, the trickle corruption was getting countered by my aura.

I think the reason it looks like it doesn't work is that it doesn't seem to get rid of the last point of corruption in a wound, probably as a coding thing to stop it from jumping to another wound. It looks extra weird when you're full health but it won't heal that last purple tick.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Ah, that may be it. I need to look more carefully.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

drrockso20 posted:

Admittedly part of the problem is I'm on Veteran, also man I've been having the worst luck on Xbox in finding any guns that are actually usable, like I try the Las Pistol out and the thing is hideously awful, does poo poo damage, is incredibly inaccurate even when using the sight(in fact I think it might actually be more inaccurate), and to add insult to injury it even has a somewhat smaller ammo pool than many of the Las Rifles, pretty similar results with one of the assault rifle type guns except also add that it has ludicrous recoil so you can't really use it for anything but tap firing but it's still really inaccurate even with single shots and even basic trash mobs need multiple shots to kill

Also the overall performance on the Series S is surprisingly meh for a port they spent an entire extra year working on, like I've only experienced a couple noticeable dips but the baseline just feels off

The las pistol isn't exactly top tier but it is decent. Its gimmick is that it does a lot of damage on weak spot and critical hits so you need as much crit as possible and to be hitting weak spots.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Still no new maps? Any word on new maps in the pipeline?

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Evil Kit posted:

I can confirm it works, in a goon group we tried picking up a Grimoire and aside from the flat amount of corruption for having one picked up, the trickle corruption was getting countered by my aura.

I think the reason it looks like it doesn't work is that it doesn't seem to get rid of the last point of corruption in a wound, probably as a coding thing to stop it from jumping to another wound. It looks extra weird when you're full health but it won't heal that last purple tick.

I wonder if it just removes like 1.5% of what ever your current corruption is each tick, and when it gets to the last little bit it just hits rounding errors, leaving the purple nubbin.

I started playing around with more melee centric ogryn builds last night (because vets don't like to share ammo :v:) . I don't think I really like the taunt ability. Like, yeah, it'll get a crusher swarm off your psyker, but the bull charge does the same thing and gives you a bunch of toughness and has a way shorter cooldown. I've been going more aggressive tank, using the slab shield and the bullgryn charge and bleed passives. Slab Shield heavy attacks with +impact traits already stunlock everything but bosses and will pretty reliably bleed out big swarms of bullshit and crushers / maulers / ragers alike.

Edit: also, my life for a proper 2h ogryn weapon. Give them the concrete and rebar hammer like the crushers get.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Oct 5, 2023

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Kaddish posted:

Still no new maps? Any word on new maps in the pipeline?

I doubt were getting anything anytime soon. Console release, Skill tree update, and the map reworks would have consumed all their resources for the last few months.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
As far as I can tell from playing, the Infiltrate Vet's primary job is to:

1. Pick up teammates who downed themselves in the worst positions possible

2. Delete shooter groups by running behind them and decapitating them all while they're suppressed

3. "Nothing personal, kid"-ing Snipers

Aside from that you are a discount Zealot with a bigger toughness pool. To that end, you absolutely need the 2nd charge on Infiltrate so you can get out of bad situations/buff your attacks more frequently. Take high-mobility equipment for quick-swapping and all the sprinting you need to do.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Vet needs to get to dual wield pistols and swords

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

ChickenHeart posted:

As far as I can tell from playing, the Infiltrate Vet's primary job is to:

1. Pick up teammates who downed themselves in the worst positions possible

2. Delete shooter groups by running behind them and decapitating them all while they're suppressed

3. "Nothing personal, kid"-ing Snipers

Aside from that you are a discount Zealot with a bigger toughness pool. To that end, you absolutely need the 2nd charge on Infiltrate so you can get out of bad situations/buff your attacks more frequently. Take high-mobility equipment for quick-swapping and all the sprinting you need to do.

I really think this branch of the tree is missing weapon support or something to make it fully realized. Otherwise, why not just bring a Zealot, instead of "Wal-Mart Zealot"?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

general consensus seems to be that Zealot, Ogryn, and Psyker all got nice meaty buffs with fun exciting new things while Vet essentially got nerfed and lacks the kind of cool impact abilities everyone else got. Why didn't they give Vet's keystones? Bolter Vet much worse which is sad thats my most played kit :( Layout of the skills is weird cuz every other class gets easy access to their toughness perks where as vet's are spread out on the tree, and the ammo economy is much worse than the old skill tree and confined to a specific part of the new skill tree which means you're hard up for ammo with most guns. They also changed the ult cooldown to start at its conclusion instead of its activation so you can't chain ults through skillful target prioritization, while also just making it baseline worse overall.

Psyker is craaaaaaaaaazy strong now, which is a very funny role reversal. Psyker getting an auto aim projectile that effortlessly kills elites, specials, and shooters leaves Vet with very little to do lol

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Something about the psyker blitzes and passives seems fairly mixed up. We know for sure that Surge (lightning) is getting a perils reduction from the center keystone that it shouldn't be getting, so it doesn't seem impossible that the knives are getting a substantial damage boost from somewhere that maybe it shouldn't be getting.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
I spent a fair chunk of this summer outfitting my Zealot and Vet with "meta" weapons & blessings, like power sword w/PC4 & SL4, Bolters w/PF4, Heavy Sword 9 w/Headtaker & Rampage. I understand pinning fire got nerfed severely, did the other blessings experience the same? Are my meta weapons garbage if I start playing again?

Pretty sad to hear that Vet overall got hit with the nerf bat :(

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Legit Businessman posted:

I really think this branch of the tree is missing weapon support or something to make it fully realized. Otherwise, why not just bring a Zealot, instead of "Wal-Mart Zealot"?

I feel like differentiating their ults would help - make the Zealot's cloak short in duration and cooldown so they can use it to frequently reposition for that sweet backstab damage, whilst giving the Veteran a longer-running infiltrate and some loner bonuses for shenanigans in the backfield. More bonuses for swapping between your ranged and melee would also help make them feel less like a Great Value Zealot.

edit: Once again, I implore you all to not sleep on the Devil's Claw

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Now that I am returning to the game, I note that my curios have additional slots to gently caress with.

What are the current meta builds for vet curios? or is it too early to tell with everything else that has been changed?

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Been leveling a psyker and while all the changes are good, I am questioning whether a "tree" format for perks was ideal. It takes a loong time to respec, and the tree is so open that I don't see anything interesting coming from selecting a path vs. selecting what kind of skills you want, like the old way. I like that there's more nodes and more choices, and that the nodes and choices are good, but it's a lot of work to swap things around. Compare to VT2 where you pick a class and then have six choices and you're done.

Still a great patch. The game hasn't progressed as far as I'd hoped it would in one year, but still lots of fun. Still desperate for some new visually distinct maps, new objective types, and more exciting finales.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Anti-Hero posted:

I spent a fair chunk of this summer outfitting my Zealot and Vet with "meta" weapons & blessings, like power sword w/PC4 & SL4, Bolters w/PF4, Heavy Sword 9 w/Headtaker & Rampage. I understand pinning fire got nerfed severely, did the other blessings experience the same? Are my meta weapons garbage if I start playing again?

Eh, I would just ignore all of the complaints. The update was affected everything and has only been out a few days, people are still trying things out. I made a Rending Veteran build with a VLD recon las that's been a hoot on Damnation and I'm still playing with the talent tree for that one build. Ignore the Psyker powerlevel for now, some of their kit is literally broken and behaving in an unintended fashion.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

https://darktide.gameslantern.com/build-editor

You can mess around with the skill tree here if you're like me and thinking about this poo poo at work!!

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Jerkface posted:

https://darktide.gameslantern.com/build-editor

You can mess around with the skill tree here if you're like me and thinking about this poo poo at work!!

Am I blind or is the Vet "reload speed increase on Elite kill" skill completely gone?

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

Legit Businessman posted:

Now that I am returning to the game, I note that my curios have additional slots to gently caress with.

What are the current meta builds for vet curios? or is it too early to tell with everything else that has been changed?

The theorycrafter who did some prior weapon testing did some for curios a few months ago, and just updated it with auric missions. Seems like a mix of health and toughness as the main perk depending on class and then just stack health/toughness/toughness regen for the three lesser perks. Makes sense and was what I was already running for lack of bothering to figure out anything else. Works all the time, works against everything, don't have to figure out what a gunner is or if they're what's actually killing me.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkTide/comments/14iynw5/curio_data_from_700_public_high_intensity/?rdt=64899
https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkTide/comments/16ppmad/curio_data_from_1000_public_auric_high_intensity/

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Anti-Hero posted:

Am I blind or is the Vet "reload speed increase on Elite kill" skill completely gone?

It's the one of the 2nd pickable talents on the left side.

.Z. fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Oct 5, 2023

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

.Z. posted:

It's the one of the 2nd pickable talents on the left side.

I'm dumb.

So it looks like one could rebuild their old Vet reasonably closely and modify from there.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Anti-Hero posted:

I'm dumb.

So it looks like one could rebuild their old Vet reasonably closely and modify from there.

Its hard to get an exact match, the toughness regen on elite kill is at the bottom of the middle tree, and all the good grenade talents are now spread out across all 3 or sitting in the middle tree. Also annoying is the anti ogryn damage talent is in the middle tree too!!!

I just wanna gently caress over big creatures and elites with my bolter :argh:

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Is there a guide for important blessings to look for in order to rip out of gear? I'm assuming rank 4 only from Melk's? I played a ton for a few months after launch but never got deep into perfecting item stats

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

big cummers ONLY posted:

Is there a guide for important blessings to look for in order to rip out of gear? I'm assuming rank 4 only from Melk's? I played a ton for a few months after launch but never got deep into perfecting item stats

Tier 3/4 mostly came from upgrading weapons all the way to transcendent, emperor's gift end of round reward, or buying from Melk. I got most of the tier 4 blessings for bolter, plasmagun, powersword, lasguns, autoguns etc from upgrading greys.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Jerkface posted:

Its hard to get an exact match, the toughness regen on elite kill is at the bottom of the middle tree, and all the good grenade talents are now spread out across all 3 or sitting in the middle tree. Also annoying is the anti ogryn damage talent is in the middle tree too!!!

I just wanna gently caress over big creatures and elites with my bolter :argh:

Same!

I just played around with a build that looks close. I'm listing the path for the optional perks.

Middle Branch down to Demolition Team

Left branch down through 3rd tier (Volley Adept, Get Back in the Fight!, Opening Salvo, Relentless) then hop over to middle tree and right tree and work down
Middle tree (Bring it Down!) and end at Confirmed Kill
Right tree (Agile Engagement, Onslaught, Skirmisher) down to Close Quarters Killzone

What do you think?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Anti-Hero posted:

Pinning Fire, Slaughterer and Brutal Momentum all got (deservedly) nerfbatted. +100% power for a trivial conditional (staggering enemies) was gonna get gutted sooner or later.

Pinning Fire is still good imo, just not slam pick no other option anymore. Shattering Impact actually got a buff because the way rending works was changed, you now get an actual benefit for "over rending" something. Power Sword also ate a nerf to the first target heavy attack damage, it was kinda too good still tho.

Heavy Sword is eating good though, Headtaker stayed the same and Rampage got a huge buff, it affects power now instead of just damage (in-game text wasn't changed from "damage" wording) and you have easy access to crit build for any weapon now, now just knives only benefitting. Zealot overall is a blast ATM.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
The Ogryn bullrush goes so loving far, it owns. Gunlugger and Bodyguard are also great fun, the stun off the taunt is great CC and really clutch for saving teammates from daemonhosts and such.

Also the gorgon heavy stubber loving owns, I love being able to hit a sniper with it

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Oct 5, 2023

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

there's a talent that makes it so you can taunt things just by blocking or shoving them, crucially you don't need your active ability for it. it just works!

Gonna remake a tanky bleed shieldgryn at some point

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
For all the vets crying about things, try a crit build with the fire shotgun + flechette blessing. VERY ammo efficient and fun. Before the patch I wouldn't run that on anything more than Malice. Now it's very Damnation friendly.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

Jerkface posted:

Tier 3/4 mostly came from upgrading weapons all the way to transcendent, emperor's gift end of round reward, or buying from Melk. I got most of the tier 4 blessings for bolter, plasmagun, powersword, lasguns, autoguns etc from upgrading greys.

I made my question too awkward and wordy, I really just meant "what blessings are real good"

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Evil Kit posted:

there's a talent that makes it so you can taunt things just by blocking or shoving them, crucially you don't need your active ability for it. it just works!

Gonna remake a tanky bleed shieldgryn at some point

It's super good if you're in a big crowd and also very funny to shove another ogryn from behind to start a big boy brawl

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Jerkface posted:

general consensus seems to be that Zealot, Ogryn, and Psyker all got nice meaty buffs with fun exciting new things while Vet essentially got nerfed and lacks the kind of cool impact abilities everyone else got. Why didn't they give Vet's keystones? Bolter Vet much worse which is sad thats my most played kit :( Layout of the skills is weird cuz every other class gets easy access to their toughness perks where as vet's are spread out on the tree, and the ammo economy is much worse than the old skill tree and confined to a specific part of the new skill tree which means you're hard up for ammo with most guns. They also changed the ult cooldown to start at its conclusion instead of its activation so you can't chain ults through skillful target prioritization, while also just making it baseline worse overall.

Psyker is craaaaaaaaaazy strong now, which is a very funny role reversal. Psyker getting an auto aim projectile that effortlessly kills elites, specials, and shooters leaves Vet with very little to do lol
I had a good laugh at them adding a passive for +1 grenade... and then reducing the base grenade count by 1 so if you don’t take it you have less grenades than before.

Also yes the +ammo passive being at the almost very bottom of the left tree sucks because unless I beeline straight for it I can't grab it and the +rending passive, which as an autogun fiend I desperately want.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

BeeSeeBee posted:

The theorycrafter who did some prior weapon testing did some for curios a few months ago, and just updated it with auric missions. Seems like a mix of health and toughness as the main perk depending on class and then just stack health/toughness/toughness regen for the three lesser perks. Makes sense and was what I was already running for lack of bothering to figure out anything else. Works all the time, works against everything, don't have to figure out what a gunner is or if they're what's actually killing me.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkTide/comments/14iynw5/curio_data_from_700_public_high_intensity/?rdt=64899
https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkTide/comments/16ppmad/curio_data_from_1000_public_auric_high_intensity/

I find it weird that gunner resist was the hot poo poo in the start, and now it's not useful, or at least not worth taking :smith:

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

Evil Kit posted:

Heavy Sword is eating good though, Headtaker stayed the same and Rampage got a huge buff, it affects power now instead of just damage (in-game text wasn't changed from "damage" wording) and you have easy access to crit build for any weapon now, now just knives only benefitting. Zealot overall is a blast ATM.
I think heavy sword's headtaker did get a nerf but it's not too bad (went from like 75% damage at max stacks to 40% or so). But besides that they got some big buffs on their heavies so now they have a good all-round moveset instead of just being light-attack machines.

edit: stacking a revolver's speedload blessing with the zealot's sainted gunslinger skill is quite fun:
https://i.imgur.com/3Z5FM5o.mp4
this is only a level 2 speedload too, it can go even faster :sanix:

Exodee fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Oct 5, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

big cummers ONLY posted:

I made my question too awkward and wordy, I really just meant "what blessings are real good"

anything that's +power or helps fix a weapon's issue if it has enough damage but not enough cleave/reload/crit or if a blessing has a unique thing that's particularly useful.

While nerfed Pinning Fire and Slaughterer are both still good just not earth shatteringly OP. Not sure about Brutal Momentum yet.

Weird blessings that are unique: Adhesive Charge is *very* good, let's you get rumbler grenades through Bulwark shields and ensures you do massive damage to monsters.

Infernus of any level is now v good on Recon las guns, and in general has way more support for other weapons thanks to better crit support in skill trees.