Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Splat
Vampire
Werewolf
Mage
Changeling
Promethean
Demon
Hunter
Sin Eater
Deviant
Mummy lol
beast?!
Goku
View Results

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Whirling posted:

Using the power to shape the Tellurian to send my posting enemies goatse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

:wow:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

MonsieurChoc posted:

Wasn't he the Assamite Justicar now?

As far as I can recall al-Ashrad was head of the Sorcerers bloodline in the Banu and was a likely candidate for Banu Justicar but it was never confirmed. Honestly the job is probably beneath him.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Dawgstar posted:

As far as I can recall al-Ashrad was head of the Sorcerers bloodline in the Banu and was a likely candidate for Banu Justicar but it was never confirmed. Honestly the job is probably beneath him.

Oh yeah, I remember now, it’s in the card game where they printed a version that was a Justicar.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Tygerius is the one that had the Vermillion Wedding to Victoria Ash and is now a Justicar.

Holy poo poo that is a stupid sentence.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

poo poo you’re right, googling it seems Al-Ashrad is Inner Circle.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Fuzz posted:

Tygerius is the one that had the Vermillion Wedding to Victoria Ash and is now a Justicar.

Holy poo poo that is a stupid sentence.

That sounds like a Game of Thrones ripoff.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

The names are all very stupid, but having a wedding to symbolise an alliance is very on brand for an organization whose leadership is still in the middle ages.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

ZearothK posted:

The names are all very stupid, but having a wedding to symbolise an alliance is very on brand for an organization whose leadership is still in the middle ages.

Also for Victoria Ash, for whom that is very much on brand as she's not one of the artistic Toreadors but desperately desired to be famous for something. For whatever reason, probably because she was everywhere for a while, a part of her written description remains firmly lodged in my head which is she wears 'smoothly-lined sportswear' so that forces me to think Ash wears leggings and a cropped hoodie but it's nice to be comfortable even when you're undead.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Dawgstar posted:

Also for Victoria Ash, for whom that is very much on brand as she's not one of the artistic Toreadors but desperately desired to be famous for something. For whatever reason, probably because she was everywhere for a while, a part of her written description remains firmly lodged in my head which is she wears 'smoothly-lined sportswear' so that forces me to think Ash wears leggings and a cropped hoodie but it's nice to be comfortable even when you're undead.

if i were a powerful vampire, I cannot see a reason i would ever not be wearing my comfy jammies

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Soonmot posted:

if i were a powerful vampire, I cannot see a reason i would ever not be wearing my comfy jammies

Strolling into Elysium dressed like The Dude.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
unironically yes, and should I ever larp that's my costume

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

The rug really tied the Haven together, man.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I always remember the Key & Peele sexy vampires sketch, but definitely. Like imagine how amazed an elder or even methuselah would be at how comfy modern clothes can be. Who is going to force them to wear something else?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

ZearothK posted:

I always remember the Key & Peele sexy vampires sketch, but definitely. Like imagine how amazed an elder or even methuselah would be at how comfy modern clothes can be. Who is going to force them to wear something else?

"Have you considered NOT wearing an internal organ compressing whalebone corset?"

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

So many elders would absolutely be the people angry nobody dresses up nicely anymore (to go to Walmart for diapers, Gatorade, and children's ibuprofen).

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo

disposablewords posted:

So many elders would absolutely be the people angry nobody dresses up nicely anymore (to go to Walmart for diapers, Gatorade, and children's ibuprofen).

What do you MEAN they changed the menu at Elysium? I LIKED the frightened virgin born under a witch’s hex! Everything is getting worse.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I wanna see the elder vampire who's like Dracula in Blade 3 except he thinks hot topic loving rules

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Soonmot posted:

unironically yes, and should I ever larp that's my costume

I did that once, it did rule.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Soonmot posted:

gently caress, let's do it, it's better than mage chat

I'm hesitant to send this thread to the halloween forum if only Soonmot thinks it'd be fun (no offense Soonmot). Anyone else? Any objections?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Leperflesh posted:

I'm hesitant to send this thread to the halloween forum if only Soonmot thinks it'd be fun (no offense Soonmot). Anyone else? Any objections?

I think it would be a tonal mismatch, that is a fun silly subforum and we are super serious and grim here.

The MageChat would be amazing if the right posters saw it and made it goofy, though.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

Leperflesh posted:

I mean, personally I'm a grumpy wet blanket who's never really seen these novelty forum trips do anything but temporarily clog a thread up with shitposts, and I hate fun.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

That seems fine really. No worries guys. Pragmatica was in the mod forum like "hey find threads guys" so I figured I'd look.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
RIP us

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

So the PDF preview of Blood Sigils came out and holy poo poo it's a loving fever dream of crazy poo poo, in the best way possible.

Honestly, it reads more like a VtR book. Like, half the poo poo in here actively feels like Requiem plot ideas and hooks. I'm curious about what the hell drugs they were on when they were writing all the antagonist and plot idea chapters, and actually giving people tools for how to determine when Rituals are to be played out, how to make it engaging for everyone, how to make your own rituals, and step by step examples on how to make magical themed chronicles in various ways.

It's like... an actual RPG book. If this is what we can expect with Achilli being given the boot, then gently caress yes sign me up.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Dawgstar posted:

"Have you considered NOT wearing an internal organ compressing whalebone corset?"

Not needing to use your organs any more seems like a great reason to start wearing unreasonable tight or otherwise uncomfortable clothing.

(Though properly worn corsets are comfortable; women did their work in them. It's only certain trends and styles that had the crushing issue)

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

This is rapidly becoming the best 5th Edition book.

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Fuzz posted:

This rocks and is exactly the kind of "gently caress you, figure it out yourself" energy that needs to be inserted into a game that is otherwise "Undeath-styles Of The Rich & Famous"

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
I just can't unsee the oWoD clan-as-personality scrawled over these otherwise serviceable, workmanlike occult setting details. Why's it a Brujah worker's paradise?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Fuzz posted:

These are in fact the best V5 content I have seen yeah. Which book is this exactly again?

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG
I know I’ve been critical of V5/W5 every time I’ve posted about it in this thread, which should add some weight when I say those are great and I hope this is a sign of where the gameline is headed.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

These also seem like if you were doing something that's 'generally' in V20 or W20 or whatever you could back-adapt.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Any opinions on Rivals? I was looking at this bundle which comes with the base game and an expansion, but I’ve never really heard anyone talk about the game good or bad.

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/...dios_bookbundle

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Any opinions on Rivals? I was looking at this bundle which comes with the base game and an expansion, but I’ve never really heard anyone talk about the game good or bad.

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/...dios_bookbundle

Have only heard things, haven't managed to get it onto the table yet. It's main stich is supporting more than 2 players, with each player given a rival. It creates an atmosphere where you have to time your alliances, make sure a run away leader gets stopped, etc etc. SImilar to Asymmetrical Multiplayer.

Mechanic wise, it's interesting, but you should demo it. I am definetly not suggesting you lookup Vampire Rivals in a certain steam physics engine/game.

You have a cash of Prestige, and when you play vampires, you convert Prestige to blood. If you ever drop to 0 prestige, you lose. So you have to balance your way between playing vampires and making sure you have enough prestige.

Events/Characters play out onto the streets, so you are incentivized by going onto the streets and hunting/dealing with events. You get Agenda points from certain things, and the first to 13 agenda points win. Gameplay wise, there is a streets area, where you can be attacked, and your haven, which you can still be attacked but it comes with an additional cost.

Problem is, if you are out on the streets you can get attacked. Each vamp has 3 stats (Social, Mental, Phsyical) and when you get attacked you have to defend with that appropriate stat. You can defend with cards and etc, but if all of your vampires are in "topor" you lose, and for each vampire that is taken out, their rival gets 3 agenda points.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Fuzz posted:

I can certainly see the Requiem vibes!

This might beat Cult of the Blood Gods as best V5 book.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

Fuzz posted:

After reading these I was not surprised at all to see that one of the authors is Greg Stolze, who also wrote Delta Green. I'm very excited for this book!

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

A lot of it gives me Unknown Armies vibes, which is also a Greg Stolze jam

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Damm, Stolze is back writing for WoD? That's one of the people I'd trust to save 5E.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Stolze also wrote the two really good Requiem novels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

MonsieurChoc posted:

Stolze also wrote the two really good Requiem novels.

And the really good Demon: The Fallen trilogy which sells the game much better than the actual game.