Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Nice! Back in print on November 17th. I hope more reissues are on the way after switching to ATO (c'mon Chocolate and Cheese 30th Anniversary repress!)

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Oct 3, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

caligulamprey posted:

Nice! Back in print on November 17th. I hope more reissues are on the way after switching to ATO (c'mon Chocolate and Cheese 30th Anniversary repress!)

When, exactly, did big box retail stores start selling vinyl again? That still blows my mind.

CatBlack
Sep 10, 2011

hello world

caligulamprey posted:

omg i've been waiting for this for years

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Red posted:

When, exactly, did big box retail stores start selling vinyl again? That still blows my mind.

5 years ago? More?

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

I bought a Bad Brains vinyl at hot topic in 2010 or 11 I think?

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
I was buying vinyl rekkids at Best Buy in 2008. Target's had them for years too.

I was in Target the other day and so many new records were in the $50 range. I wanted to get the new Jon Batiste but it was $40. People are loving high.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Hot Topic used to have a great little selection of random stuff back when vinyl wasnt too big, but bands were still selling stuff.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

dorium posted:

Hot Topic used to have a great little selection of random stuff back when vinyl wasnt too big, but bands were still selling stuff.

Yeah I got a bunch from there in like 2004 / 2005?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

i definitely bought my copy of ghosts 1-4 from a hot topic, new, around the time it came out, whenever that was

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Hot Topic and Hastings prior to like 2011-2012 was where I got all my most valuable records. According to Discogs, anyway.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

I sold some Urban Outfitter exclusives at the record store that my friend works at and he made fun of me haha. I dunno. Got them for a couple bucks and sold them for a bit more.

Anyways. New all vinyl mix is up over at mixcloud if ya want to take a gander with your ears. Pretty straight forward funk and soul stuff.

https://www.mixcloud.com/Radio_RapTz/moss-appeal-49-ft-pete-moss/

quote:

Mladen Franko - Weeping Eelgrass
Erykah Badu - Amerykahn Promise
Millie Jackson - Hypocrisy
Darondo - I'm Gonna Love You
Syl Johnson - Different Strokes
Eddie Kendricks - Hooked on Your Love
Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes - Satisfaction Guaranteed (Or Take Your Love Back)
Joe Simon - Sweet Memories
Trevor Dandy - Is There any Love
Lafayette Afro-Rock Band - Azeta
Human Race - Human Race
Bohanon - The Stop and Go
Aretha Franklin - Nicky Hoeky
Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings - What Have You Done For Me Lately
Carol Woods - Can You Remember?
Sammy Turner - Falling
Gil Scott-Heron, Brian Jackson - Pardon Our Analysis (We Beg Your Pardon)

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I bought an Urban Outfitters version of Ultraviolence only to find out it's insanely expensive now. Maybe my second or third most valuable one

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

sporklift posted:

I sold some Urban Outfitter exclusives at the record store that my friend works at and he made fun of me haha. I dunno. Got them for a couple bucks and sold them for a bit more.
I'll take a Whack World off your hands if ya got it. :v:

I have no idea if it's a direct homage to The Residents' Commercial Album or if we've just caught up in the culture to stumble upon the exact same concept, both seem fairly realistic.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Oct 5, 2023

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

caligulamprey posted:

I'll take a Whack World off your hands if ya got it. :v:

I have no idea if it's a direct homage to The Residents' Commercial Album or if we've just caught up in the culture to stumble upon the exact same concept, both seem fairly realistic.

Ah. Don't have that one. Kinda the same as comic stuff. Print a bunch. Don't sell them all. Put on clearance. Sell out. 2 years later OOP poo poo goes for double the original MSRP.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Oof just looked over the RSD Black Friday list and it’s pretty grim, even by RSD standards.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

link?

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

https://recordstoreday.com/SpecialReleases

Edit: Pauly Shore and the Crusty: Crustopolis Vol. 1 get in line for the weeze buuuuudeee

sporklift fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Oct 5, 2023

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

Ballz posted:

Oof just looked over the RSD Black Friday list and it’s pretty grim, even by RSD standards.

I saw a few things that, as per usual, I don't have enough interest to actually head out to the store for. A lot of things look like bottom of the barrel scraping compilations too. Like the Jazz Dispensary record of movie music feels like it has that potential and I'm not so sure about the Istanbul psych/disco record either especially since it's 6th(?) of a series. I can't do expensive gambles anymore.

Also mildly annoyed that the Konami NES music is super limited to RSD with only 800 copies, but looking at the tracklist, I'll go give my copy of the Wai Wai World soundtrack and all the other Konami stuff I bought over the years from Ship to Shore a hug instead.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I mean I want copies of Maggots: The Record and the motherfuckin' Judgement Night soundtrack just as much as the next guy, but not enough to wait in line for hours.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

The Steven Wilson stereo mix of Ultravox's Quartet is tempting but I already have a used copy of Quartet and I don't need doubles.

And only 800 copies of the Konami one? That's some bullshit. KONAMI :argh:

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
There’s a couple of things but I don’t know if it’s enough to get me out on Black Friday. Enon believo is an album I haven’t thought about in a very long time, but I remember liking it.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

caligulamprey posted:

I mean I want copies of Maggots: The Record and the motherfuckin' Judgement Night soundtrack just as much as the next guy, but not enough to wait in line for hours.

The Judgment Night soundtrack is amazing, but there seem to be reasonably priced copies in plentiful supply on Discogs, so doesn't seem like something worth waiting in line for.

Unrelated, thanks to whoever it was earlier mentioned getting the Girl Talk albums. This just arrived, in about half the time the website predicted, and it is immensely pleasing:

Time to listen to the utter perfection that is Jay Z mashed up with General Public.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

joylessdivision posted:

And only 800 copies of the Konami one? That's some bullshit. KONAMI :argh:

Indeed. Like half of it is the Gradius soundtrack, which for that it may just be easier to track down the STS one. I know there's at least one remix of Vampire Killer on the Wai Wai World record, and I personally lucked into the Mondo release of the Contra soundtrack so that takes out most of the tracks based on availability of duplicates.

Granted Konami's NES days are a high point for their music, but it kinda sucks that its all US games only: there's good poo poo on famicom too. And of course to that end *Insert tired old whine for a Cosmic Wars physical soundtrack release here.*

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Hot Diggity! posted:

Yeah I got a bunch from there in like 2004 / 2005?

Yeah 2002-2008 was peak hot topic vinyl times for me. Snagged that AFI Decemberunderground album that was spread across eight 7 inch records. Ended up selling that for $100+ a couple years ago.
Lot of stuff back then that I should've grabbed that are considered rare now. Like any of the At-The Drive In albums, the first two Mars Volta records, Blink-182 records, Green Day Reissues.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

New Record day:

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Turbinosamente posted:

Indeed. Like half of it is the Gradius soundtrack, which for that it may just be easier to track down the STS one. I know there's at least one remix of Vampire Killer on the Wai Wai World record, and I personally lucked into the Mondo release of the Contra soundtrack so that takes out most of the tracks based on availability of duplicates.

Granted Konami's NES days are a high point for their music, but it kinda sucks that its all US games only: there's good poo poo on famicom too. And of course to that end *Insert tired old whine for a Cosmic Wars physical soundtrack release here.*

I snagged a couple of the Mondo Castlevania soundtracks (OG and Symphony of the Night) and had a good laugh when I put the original Castlevania score on and it was the 8bit Nintendo score. Something about Nintendo bloop music coming from a vinly really struck me as funny.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006

TheMightyBoops posted:

New Record day:

Head Hunters -- nice.

I was in this hole in the wall record store over the weekend that had a nice looking copy of that, but it seemed a little over priced and I left it in favor of these:

Still have the lingering feeling I should have grabbed that one, too.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

I was about to share a link to Gravediggaz "6 Feet Deep" from the Texas record store I order from regularly but they sold out after I got my order in just now :v:

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

McCoy Pauley posted:

Head Hunters -- nice.

I was in this hole in the wall record store over the weekend that had a nice looking copy of that, but it seemed a little over priced and I left it in favor of these:

Still have the lingering feeling I should have grabbed that one, too.

It’s front to back awesome. I paid 15 dollars USD on Discogs for it with shipping and it’s in really good condition. I’m sure you can find it pretty cheap.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

joylessdivision posted:

I was about to share a link to Gravediggaz "6 Feet Deep" from the Texas record store I order from regularly but they sold out after I got my order in just now :v:

Still in stock at VMP's website.

VMP gets a lot of poo poo, but when they do an album right, they loving knock it out of the park. Gravediggaz is one of those albums.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Ballz posted:

VMP gets a lot of poo poo, but when they do an album right, they loving knock it out of the park. Gravediggaz is one of those albums.

Oh yeah the one I ordered is a standard vinyl. I saw the ad for VMP but I didn't want to pay whatever they were charging to get it.

Ohvee
Jun 17, 2001

McCoy Pauley posted:

Unrelated, thanks to whoever it was earlier mentioned getting the Girl Talk albums. This just arrived, in about half the time the website predicted, and it is immensely pleasing:

Time to listen to the utter perfection that is Jay Z mashed up with General Public.
Did the illegal art website get wiped from the internet just as I decided that I needed this?

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

joylessdivision posted:

Oh yeah the one I ordered is a standard vinyl. I saw the ad for VMP but I didn't want to pay whatever they were charging to get it.

Fuckin $50

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006

Ohvee posted:

Did the illegal art website get wiped from the internet just as I decided that I needed this?

Oh drat, that sucks. I literally ordered this like two weeks ago. Hopefully it's back up soon.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

sporklift posted:

Fuckin $50

It's cheaper if you join and get free shipping. I think you can sign up for just one month and should be able to get it. Plus VMP is doing a free record giveaway until the end of the year, with the number of free records dependent on how long a membership you subscribe for.

It's still pricey, but not as bad as it may at first seem to be.

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

caligulamprey posted:

thanks for the impulse pre-order.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Ballz posted:

I just ordered a copy off Discogs from a reputable seller, yay!

My horrorcore knowledge is mostly Geto Boys and some of the AotP/Demigodz dudes, so I'm stoked to get one of the "must haves" of the genre. Thanks for bringing this repress to my attention!

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Yeah the VMP release is really great. For a bit now they’ve done quarterly reveals instead of monthly which is helpful if you’re one the fence about joining. Most of the records of the month can be had pretty easily on discogs if you want to do one offs.

Unless it’s Tidal. That album is doomed to be expensive forever.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Ohvee posted:

oh no

I've been waiting and waiting to pull the trigger on the Girl Talk vinyl but now the site isn't up for me either.

In happier news, a new Loser edition of the live Postal Service album scanned for $24.99 instead of the ticketed $74.99 so I'm guessing thats the community chest "bank error in my favour" card pull for the year gone. It was at a big box electronics store so I don't feel bad for not correcting the cashier either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Got that all too familiar itch (forgot pics).

Sepultura - Beneath the Remains 2LP remaster (arguably their best album - they had Chaos AD too but aside Refuse/Resist I do not like this album that much :( Didn't see Arise either, wish they had it in)
Billy Connoly - Raw Meat for the Balcony (i've always loved this guy and my wife just got back from Scotland so it was fun finding this when digging)
Willie Nelson - Always On My Mind (cheap, cheap - $4? SURE!)

Was hoping to get the remastered Darkthrone - Transylvanian Hunger along with some of the Elliot Smith remasters but they were sold out - it's been a few weeks since my place posted them so ofc they got gobbled up.