Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

ekuNNN posted:

we have at least two hippos posting on these very forums so I would like to ask you to cool it with the negative stereotypes :colbert:

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_s20d06kT2p1qigfjt_720.mp4

perfect music for this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Cthulu Carl posted:

The "just in their native continent" part has me wondering what kind of body comes by Pablo Escobar's hippos have racked up in Colombia.

One major injury reported, no deaths. Only two reported deaths in the hippo population itself; one killed in a gov sanctioned hunt and one hit by a car.

They've been getting busy. From an initial population of 4, there are estimated to be 140 (-2) now. I can't imagine there's anything big and dumb enough in Magdalena to try and take even a baby hippo down.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

madeintaipei posted:

One major injury reported, no deaths. Only two reported deaths in the hippo population itself; one killed in a gov sanctioned hunt and one hit by a car.

Must have been some car

quote:

They've been getting busy. From an initial population of 4, there are estimated to be 140 (-2) now. I can't imagine there's anything big and dumb enough in Magdalena to try and take even a baby hippo down.

A jaguar would try, they prey on alligators sometimes

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin

Unperson_47 posted:

But why, though?

This was a valid question for videos like this about 15 years ago

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

haveblue posted:

Must have been some car

A jaguar would try, they prey on alligators sometimes

ah yes alligators, well known for being roughly similar size and shape to hippos

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

das hipster posted:

https://i.imgur.com/DxyhCKV.mp4

When you accidentally set the Zamboni to "Defrost"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD5oBHGmes8

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

SyNack Sassimov posted:

ah yes alligators, well known for being roughly similar size and shape to hippos

Which could you take down in a fistfight?

One hippo sized alligator, or four alligator sized hippos?

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 35 minutes!

B-Rock452 posted:

When I was a climbing guide the guy that ran the company used to do national geographic expeditions and he always talked about how scary hippos were. You would just be in the raft paddling along and suddenly a giant mouth is trying to eat the raft and everyone in it. All they could do is try to hit it with a paddle and hope it became bored.

I went to South Africa this past march and stopped in Kruger National Park for a few days. We did a river hike with some guides from the park (each one with a large caliber rifle) and the hippos were pretty loving intimidating. They were hanging out in the river but as soon as they saw us they started walking towards us and then stopped about 150 feet away and stared at us with just their heads above the water until we left.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

madeintaipei posted:

Which could you take down in a fistfight?

One hippo sized alligator, or four alligator sized hippos?

The first - piece of cake to kick a hippo sized alligator into submission after it's bitten off both my arms :smuggo:

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

namlosh posted:

Ha! What’s up fellow Honda 110 buddy!

We got them for Christmas 1983 (maybe ‘84). I was 8 years old. Dad figured I’d grow into it, lol. My brother who is 4 years older got a 185s

A fellow kid relative of mine also had a 185. They flipped it and hosed their leg up when it got crushed by the foot rest/peg thing. Was your bro's also missing the chain guard right near your foot so the chain was just exposed for mangling?

I later got a Honda 4Trax 200 four-willer and cleaned the seat with Son of a Gun to avoid the previously mentioned duct tape re-upholstering job that my seat also ended up covered in. This one actually had brakes (for a little while!) and I slid right off the front of the seat and over the handlebars the first time I braked really hard after wiping the seat with it.

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Oct 5, 2023

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
One of my friends had an ATC of some variety with a flat tire that no one wanted to pay to replace so we just rode it around on two wheels while hanging off the side. Somehow no one ever got injured doing that.

My family had a TRX400EX that my brother crashed in to a tree at full speed, requiring a frame replacement (and nearly killing himself in the process because he didn't have the helmet strapped on and landed within inches of braining himself on a sharp rock), and then the next year I tore a chunk out of my leg with the handlebar when i crashed in the middle of wheelieing across a field.

Good times, I would buy one in a heartbeat if I had a place to ride it.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

ekuNNN posted:

I may have accidentally counted a rhino as a hippo now that I think about it :negative:

A Rhino you say?

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

Unperson_47 posted:

A fellow kid relative of mine also had a 185. They flipped it and hosed their leg up when it got crushed by the foot rest/peg thing. Was your bro's also missing the chain guard right near your foot so the chain was just exposed for mangling?

Funny enough, it wasn’t missing that, but it was missing the chain guard on the back from running over tons of crap in the woods we had.

And it did have a really small wobble from when one of our friends wrecked and bent the axle.

Oh and we didn’t even own helmets, lol. Ahhhhh, The 80’s in semi-rural American Midwest

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I love that everyone wears helmets now. Life vests too. Just awesome to see.

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender
Aha reminds me of this presenter getting his poo poo rocked by a Spitfire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iOoiEbtf2w&t=24s

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

minato posted:

Aha reminds me of this presenter getting his poo poo rocked by a Spitfire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iOoiEbtf2w&t=24s

For low passes it's hard to top this classic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-a0ctCuuR0

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

ekuNNN posted:

I may have accidentally counted a rhino as a hippo now that I think about it :negative:

Easy mistake happens to all of us lol

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/hCzptoZ.mp4

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

The mascots of this thread.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Audio on for this one:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cx7APt4uiL8/

I could listen to those sounds all day long.

e: dunno if there is a way to embed instagram videos

Enos Cabell fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Oct 5, 2023

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
when i was like 13 or 14 a family friend stored a four wheeler at my house for almost a year and i quickly established a route around the acre property that i dedicated myself to completing as fast as the thing would allow.

I let a bunch of friends ride it and one of them rolled it but there was zero damage. I also stuffed it into a huge shrub/bush thing at like 20mph, leaving myself gasping for air like a fish out of water. in winter i learned how to drift it on the driveway portion of my route.

zero safety equipment at any time and not a single peep from anyone at all about any of the stupid poo poo i was doing.

Once deer season the following year was approaching, dude picked it up. after deer season i got to go up north to the Iron Mountain area of Michigan and was again just let loose with zero supervision - i was going flat out on that thing on unfamiliar roads and just a vague memory of how to get back to this cabin that was over an hour off pavement let alone a town. i at least wore a helmet and goggles then. I came across a narrow section of road slick with ice and an oncoming pickup truck. i slowed down and got over as best i could and he just slid right into me. we just waved at each other and kept on going.

thinking back it's amazing i survived, 12 out of 10 would buy one in a heartbeat if i had a place to ride it.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
styropyro is cheating but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywaTX-nLm6Y

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/bUVVZQ1.mp4

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

don't doxx my house

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

not how i would have gone about making a bridge but sure

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
“When I said ‘crooked contractor’, you imagined that I meant it metaphorically…”

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

still costs 600k as is.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

ellie the beep posted:

not how i would have gone about making a bridge but sure

I dunno: climate control, easy access on either end, seats in case you want to rest on the way across. It might actually be the best bridge

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

"You idiot, I said to put a *lien* on the house!"

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

It's supposed to look like that, the load bearing drywalls haven't been installed yet.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Guy I worked for let me tear around narrow gravel roads on his quad with zero safety or supervision too.

`Nemesis posted:

thinking back it's amazing i survived, 12 out of 10 would buy one in a heartbeat if i had a place to ride it.

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

das hipster posted:

https://i.imgur.com/DxyhCKV.mp4

When you accidentally set the Zamboni to "Defrost"...

Due to occupational incompatibilities "Ghostrider" was fired before lunch on his first day.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

They are not called Crack-pipeos?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

THE SLANTY SHANTY

Beef
Jul 26, 2004
McFlurry mansion

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Paper Tiger posted:

"You idiot, I said to put a *lien* on the house!"

Yo this has gone unappreciated for almost an hour now

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Framing on the scene with the gangsta lean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

At least he returns the batteries to their proper home at the end.