Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
You input the same ingredient combination that got you the potion, they will require more of them than before.

I just tried savescumming like 20 times to upgrade a potion at 30% and it didn't work. Not sure what's going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
I hate Village so much, it just annoys me. I wish I could reorganize the building menu to something more logical. Drives me nuts that House is in one place and Small House like 10 different upgrades away.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!

Banemaster posted:

Gooboo feels strangely... "sterile"? Flavourless? Not exactly sure why I am not liking it, but I guess I will drop it (for now).

Yeah, I agree with this. It takes a lot of inspirations, and true offline progress is a big plus, but the UI is bad and it doesn’t have the same charm as stuff like NGU, FE000000, Evolve, etc.

But I don’t really hold that against it because it’s new. Hopefully it improves over the months and years.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

To me it hits something I've been looking for for a long time. A game on Kong did the multiple idle games that loosely interact about 7-10 years ago at this point. Lazy Kings I think it was flash nothing loads. https://m.kongregate.com/games/Veterum/lazy-kings

LK had more interactions between the games but they were also more similar (like other races in the same fantasy game only you played all at once and some units buffed ones in other ones and it was really unique and interesting for the time the interactivity in even a single subgame was pretty decent compared to the competition)

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

dipwood posted:

You input the same ingredient combination that got you the potion, they will require more of them than before.

I just tried savescumming like 20 times to upgrade a potion at 30% and it didn't work. Not sure what's going on.

RNG seeds seem to be retained on save so you can't just save scum the same action and get a different result. For pickaxes for example if you don't roll a good one, on reload you'd have to craft a junk pickaxe with 1 aluminum or something to roll the RNG to get a new result on the 2nd craft.

What I haven't checked yet is whether there's a shared RNG seed or if every distinct random event has its own RNG that is rolled independently. The latter would certainly make potion hunting more difficult since ingredients are fairly sparse as is.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Just unlocked the farms and somehow it's broken for me? I have no clue what I am supposed to be doing. Nothing is working for me on that tab. (I'm playing it on mobile so if there's something that you can do there, it's not readily accessible for me)

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

I'm not sure how it is on mobile, but on desktop you click on the crop then click on the field.

Re: Potions - while you can't save scum an upgrade, you can savescum different combinations until you get one that works and then load that save. It may not work on the first try but at least you'll know that's a viable combination for a potion.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

NeonPunk posted:

Just unlocked the farms and somehow it's broken for me? I have no clue what I am supposed to be doing. Nothing is working for me on that tab. (I'm playing it on mobile so if there's something that you can do there, it's not readily accessible for me)

Select what you want to plant on the Inventory screen (which is just carrots, since that's what you have unlocked), then you can plant them in your farm plots on the main screen. If that doesn't work... well, I can't see what specifically you're doing, so I can't help that much.

Unrelated: having some real bad luck with potion RNG. This may be why I feel like having a chance of potion failure on top of having to find the right random potion ingredients is excessive.

Baddog
May 12, 2001

Lurks With Wolves posted:

Unrelated: having some real bad luck with potion RNG. This may be why I feel like having a chance of potion failure on top of having to find the right random potion ingredients is excessive.

On the plus side, you have found 2 of 'em! I'm still 0-fer.

Kin33
Jul 3, 2007

Where is your god now?
If you don't mind being a cheater all of your potion combinations are in the .json save export as plain text.

edit: Are there any other idle games with a mechanic like the synth mechanic in unamed space idle? There is something about that mechanic(leveling up recipes) that makes my 'tism brain feel good.

Kin33 fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Oct 6, 2023

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Kin33 posted:

If you don't mind being a cheater all of your potion combinations are in the .json save export as plain text.

edit: Are there any other idle games with a mechanic like the synth mechanic in unamed space idle? There is something about that mechanic(leveling up recipes) that makes my 'tism brain feel good.

A lot of mine use maple leafs too.

How do you save scum efficiently? Someone mentioned earlier that it'll remember the seed if you keep saving and loading over and over.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

Since you can look at the potion combinations apparently, there is no way way to save scum that I can think of. Just using up all your materials to upgrade potions and if nothing upgrades then reload and try again later.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Zotix posted:

A lot of mine use maple leafs too.

How do you save scum efficiently? Someone mentioned earlier that it'll remember the seed if you keep saving and loading over and over.

The RNG sequence is also the same every time, so what you can do is just start random 2-ingredient rituals until you hit one that works (successful rituals always give night tokens, so it's easy to tell), then reload and make sure to use a potion combination (either via experimentation or just by looking in the save file) in that same step of the sequence that works. So if you, for example, see that your 4th ritual is successful, you can reload, fire three 1-ingredient rituals, and you'll know that the next one will be successful so you can use that to find a new potion or level up an existing one or what have you.

As I stated before, this also works when trying to get good pickaxes.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
if you're going to beef the RNG you might as well just edit in what you want instead

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
How do you access this event? I haven't seen anything in game about it even after reloading.

Also, what an I missing in the mine after tin? A bunch of upgrades require a question mark and I can't use the tin without it.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

Salvor_Hardin posted:

How do you access this event? I haven't seen anything in game about it even after reloading.

Also, what an I missing in the mine after tin? A bunch of upgrades require a question mark and I can't use the tin without it.

break the same rock 1000 times

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Salvor_Hardin posted:

You have to reach global level 150 before it shows up.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Thanks for both.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Gooboo: Really wish notifications that announce that you've gotten an item stuck around until you dismissed them, like notes. I feel like I keep missing them, or just barely catching them out of the corner of my eye.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
How do you unlock the 3rd school subject?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Global Level, same as basically everything you can unlock.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Thanks, just making sure it wasn't the test scores.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Once you hit global level 150 and unlock events you'll see the school icon get a nice fat 180 sticker on it.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
if anyone is still doing a tingus, is the giant wheel looking thing in the rave set just not attainable? I'm up to gen 14 now and I still haven't seen it

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

It's just extremely rare. idk why that one thing is rarer then everything else but it's working as intended I guess

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
weird. it's it even that good? incubator seems to be far and away the best blossom and it's not even that rare

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
re: gooboo and mining

it feels like ive hit a big wall; was hoping there would be something at 10 deep dweller depth to help, but no dice.

is mining just intended to be super-long runs? i can't get enough granite to get the next smeltery level, and all the other damage upgrades have run dry - can't even get to the next ore (im only at 70 max depth)

is there some hidden sister-upgrade to heat-shielding that im missing or something?

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

Gooboo: How do I know what is the maximum number of times I can overgrowth a crop?

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

Feline Mind Meld posted:

weird. it's it even that good? incubator seems to be far and away the best blossom and it's not even that rare

No clue, I've never seen it

Incubator is very very good but it's still a Legendary

Arbetor
Mar 28, 2010

Gonna play tasty.

For mining, I think it really is just long runs. There are no rare drops or anything you would want to do short runs for like with Horde (it can still make sense to do very short runs to farm the small amount of souls and heirloom drops), and big ol' runs seem to be the way to go. You are actually at a weird spot, I think, since my deepest is 75m (just pushed there while typing this) but my deepest dweller run is only 8.5m. I am focusing on unlocking the fifth crafting slot then not sure where I will go.

dipwood posted:

Gooboo: How do I know what is the maximum number of times I can overgrowth a crop?

I don't think there is a limit, except time. The time increase is compounding, so eventually the next overgrowth will be too long to bother with. I setup my carrots for overgrowth this prestige and with 120% overgrowth on a 5 minute base time, approximately 20 hours of time resulted in 7 overgrowth.

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.
I decided I wanted something to play with gooboo since its quite idle oriented and decided to get into evolve. I remember folks talking about a script or companion tool to go with it, but I dont have the link, does anyone have that handy?

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
How do I, uh, (4th Gooboo Thing) place a garden gnome ||???

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

Dragongem posted:

How do I, uh, (4th Gooboo Thing) place a garden gnome ||???

select it like a plant from the seed menu

Resplendentoops
Dec 24, 2002

A man, a plan, a canal, Nicaragua!
I'm only lvl 128 in gooboo, still scratching my head at two things in horde mode:

1. Still haven't unlocked prestige for horde, have unlocked but not beaten the level 20 boss. Not sure what the trigger is, I've unlocked village and mining prestige

2. Don't understand monster part accumulation, I've been stuck at 11.33 for a while even though my capacity is 100 and I've cleared a couple more levels since it stopped growing.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Not sure how you can be that level but never beaten 20. Do you know equipment has triggered effects if you click on them in battle?

Also you get monster parts when above 100 so I just go back to level 10 when I want parts.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Resplendentoops posted:

I'm only lvl 128 in gooboo, still scratching my head at two things in horde mode:

1. Still haven't unlocked prestige for horde, have unlocked but not beaten the level 20 boss. Not sure what the trigger is, I've unlocked village and mining prestige

2. Don't understand monster part accumulation, I've been stuck at 11.33 for a while even though my capacity is 100 and I've cleared a couple more levels since it stopped growing.

Monster parts only drop from Mob 100+. If you are just clearing levels as normal, rather than farming previous levels where you have already defeated the boss, you won't hit this Mob number.

Resplendentoops
Dec 24, 2002

A man, a plan, a canal, Nicaragua!
Ah, that's my problem, I wasn't farming for parts to increase capacity to upgrade my poo poo enough to push past 20 (even with using equipment effects).

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

If you get stuck double check the tippy notes

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

OK best idler, was fun and I beat it: https://rose11.itch.io/mine-cards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Just unlocked the ability to level crops. Any idea what the ideal gene upgrades for the crops? And is there a way to reset them if you make a decision you don't like?