Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how long does trump go to jail for?
life
no jail time
elected president from a jail cell
goku
View Results

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

but pearls before swines usually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Lpzie posted:

I've seen posts so meticulously crafted in this thread they should be in the Bible

ya in the book of moron

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Buddykins read Gravity's Rainbow

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

DrPossum posted:

ya in the book of moron

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Customs seizes giraffe poop at MSP Airport from Iowa woman who wanted to make a necklace

Trump

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Tonetta posted:

I am those people, and frankly I just see it as virtue signalling bullshit. it was really cool when biden intervened on what was more or less a Settled Debate in professional sports, which gave legal options to disallow trans people from participating. that pales in comparison to the insane war crimes the us does, or the international law we break at the borders every second, and the continuously record breaking children in cages numbers with no actual reporting on the issue. also, the continuance of the wall, which was only possible because of the 26 federal laws governed by the EPA were waived by biden, in his only use of said powers. oh, let's add the major pipeline he approved, cutting covid aid short intentionally, and just the fact he can barely string a sentence together half the time. already touched on, but the rest still pales in comparison to the ticking time bomb that is our habitat, that he continuously worsens.

... as if Trumo is some kind of better solution for a single one of those complaints. He is promising revenge if he gets reelected though, so you have that to look forward to.

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

DrPossum posted:

ya in the book of moron

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

RIP Musk thread, you died as you lived: GBS-worthy

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Filthy Hans posted:

now that's just cruel

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Filthy Hans posted:

it's the Moby Dick of the 20th century, McCarthy's prose is unmatched in recent memory, every single line is dripping with meaning, he slaved over every word choice, and the Judge is perhaps the most iconic literary character I've come across in any book written in my lifetime

no book better encapsulates the nihilistic, cruel animus of Manifest Destiny

if it's too much for you, maybe start with an easier McCarthy book like The Road or All the Pretty Horses to get a better grasp of McCarthy's unique style, the most difficult thing is probably his omission of punctuation in dialog

Thank you Mr Hans this is extremely useful information

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

Uncle Wemus posted:

Coonskin was the superior bakshi movie

God I have to watch that again

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Lpzie posted:

I've seen posts so meticulously crafted in this thread they should be in the Bible

go thy way, and post no more

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Filthy Hans posted:

honestly I don't get that book, I made it through V but it's like dense pages of nothingness. I really admire Pynchon but I can't deal with that kind of density, and I read lots of dense stuff.

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

petit choux posted:

... as if Trumo is some kind of better solution for a single one of those complaints. He is promising revenge if he gets reelected though, so you have that to look forward to.

not voting for Biden doesn’t mean you are voting for trump. the democrats are doing an abysmal job at fulfilling even their mediocre promises that I don’t know if I could be bothered to vote for them

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Tonetta posted:

the only people putting trump back in office is this moron of a president who can't stop gaffing his own supposed agenda to fulfill his "political opponents" he barely holds a 40% approval rating. pick a better guy

I think everybody with any sense can see which way the wind is blowing and that the best solution personally is to keep a low profile and the people we're seeing running for high offices now are the dregs of what a legit government would have produced.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

emfive posted:

honestly I don't get that book, I made it through V but it's like dense pages of nothingness. I really admire Pynchon but I can't deal with that kind of density, and I read lots of dense stuff.

it's a rough one. you kinda have to be taught it by someone who knows what it means. high level poo poo, by design

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

mdemone posted:

it's a rough one. you kinda have to be taught it by someone who knows what it means. high level poo poo, by design

basically Aesop Rock

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

let her cook

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Filthy Hans posted:

laughs in riverrun

Edit: I have failed. It's double 'r' not one 'r'

mazzi Chart Czar has issued a correction as of 01:29 on Oct 6, 2023

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Lpzie posted:

basically Aesop Rock

you just went up three points in my mental scoreboard

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Qurnah posted:

look i'm not saying biden is good only that truempo will probably will be worse

i'm not even a us citizen i can't even vote in your elections but from my perspective less people will be hurt and/or killed if biden is president instead of trump is this in anyway controversial?

No, and Turmpo so far is a mere hint of what we are looking forward to. We haven't yet had a president that covers himself with medals and badges like in a traditional dictatorship but we probably will.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

emfive posted:

I'm not sure I could finish it today, Pynchon and the other post-moderns demand so much focus and I can't concentrate long enough to make it far in a sitting

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

mdemone posted:

now that's just cruel

Buddykins read Infinite Jest

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Filthy Hans posted:

I'm not sure I could finish it today, Pynchon and the other post-moderns demand so much focus and I can't concentrate long enough to make it far in a sitting

read it with the Weisenburger companion. the whole thing just unlocks

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

before I play any aes to anyone else I'll say like oh this one's about a little girl getting saved from drowning by a dog, oh this one's comparing rappers to magicians, oh this one's about donuts

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Filthy Hans posted:

Buddykins read Infinite Jest

how dare you. come make out with me

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Lpzie posted:

before I play any aes to anyone else I'll say like oh this one's about a little girl getting saved from drowning by a dog, oh this one's comparing rappers to magicians, oh this one's about donuts

dude is a genius, somehow.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

the man has buried himself completely up his own rear end

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

titty_baby_ posted:

I refuse to listen to books

I refuse to read books.
My Eyeball, and Hand Time is dedicated to posting, article reading, a game here or there, yelling at computer errors, organizing files.

I even downloaded a text to audio reader, so I can hear Junk books that don't deserve an audiobook.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

mdemone posted:

dude is a genius, somehow.

yup. and just keeps getting better

Bixington
Feb 27, 2011

made me feel all nippley inside my tittychest

Lpzie posted:

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Lpzie posted:

yup. and just keeps getting better

I'm playing "impossible kid" now

so good

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Filthy Hans posted:

Just pick up and re read a chapter here or there, the books get easier to read through when you get more of the jokes.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Lpzie posted:

Purple Curtains.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

mdemone posted:

read it with the Weisenburger companion. the whole thing just unlocks

I read it a decade ago and loved it, bought a copy for a friend and he gave up after 1 page

a decade of mood stabilizers might be the culprit for my waning attention span

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
JUST LOOK AT THESE GUYS

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Just pick up and re read a chapter here or there, the books get easier to read through when you get more of the jokes.

yup. Pynchon is not hiding anymore at this point. he's not trying to trick you, per se. he's showing you how destruction really happens, even to the text of what survives.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

I refuse to read books.
My Eyeball, and Hand Time is dedicated to posting, article reading, a game here or there, yelling at computer errors, organizing files.

I even downloaded a text to audio reader, so I can hear Junk books that don't deserve an audiobook.

postGPT and text to speech could automate us out of a forum inside the year

machines must be destroyed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

McGlockenshire posted:

JUST LOOK AT THESE GUYS

When Trump met Neelix