Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013

Veloxyll posted:

Dust. He'll find lots of dust IN THE DUNGEON

25 gold for no return sounds like a joke. Laugh them out of the court or offer them a position under the court jester

Invite Sir Frederik. Even if he's past his prime, perhaps he can teach our soldiers something

Our enemies send scouts and ne'er do wells through the forest. The support of people who live in the forest is vital. Send them gold to save their tree

Save the trees! Murder the knights!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Invite Sir Friderick, this seems simple enough and we really could use Jovan's troops.

Tell the gold diggers to get lost. I'd like a fistful of gold to buy a bigger house too but I'm not expecting anyone to hand it to me for no reason. Though one would think being a royal adviser might merit something.

I cautiously sympathise with the odd tree-huggers, but I don't really see what we can do about a stream. Give them some money to get some outside aid, since we're not paying Stan this week.

Ask the merchant to come back later and send Stan to Kaski to investigate. There seems to be a lot riding on this and we don't have all the facts yet.

jkq
Nov 26, 2022
Invite Sir Friderick, hopefully he doesn't have anything ridiculous that he wants us to do.

Laugh them out of court. We'd all like gold from the King to improve our houses, but at least we know better than to ask in court!

Give them 12 gold to look for outside help with the tree situation. Gods and cults are not to be ignored.

Throw the merchant into the dungeon. "Winners don't do drugs(tm)."

Maybe we can have Asalia train using The STABBER instead of the sword.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

As a steward of the kingdom’s coffers, we shall not be giving the lady money to expand her home - she can do it herself.

Give 12 gold to the cultists and maybe their god of thunder can scare away some bandits

Throw the spice merchant in the dungeon.

Send a pigeon for Lurs to see if he wants to do anything about the Merchant.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
The dust at our doorstep! As much as I'd like to see the man responsible in chains and the product in my hands I think it prudent to invite the merchant back in two weeks time. We can send Stan to Kaski to investigate in the meantime, and learn more about this nefarious trade!

Two allies are better than one, send for Sir Friderick straight away!

The Cult of Trees, eh? Sacred things they may be, but I don't see how gold will help them, or how they would help us. Send the cultist away.

And speaking of giving away gold for no purpose, 25 pieces for a bigger house? With no offer of resources or repayment? For a commoner?! I think not! Send the farmer away as well.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Buy drugs and send everyone else away.

Let's get the depression stage of grief out of the way.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!
I'm glad that I held off for another day to end the voting.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!
I'll end the voting now. If all goes well I will have an update up tomorrow.

Invite
Sir Friderick - 9
Lurs - 1

Peasant
Give Gold - 2
Lol No - 9

Cult Leader
Give Gold - 7
No Gold - 3

Merchant
Buy Drugs - 1
Dungeon - 8
Return In Two Weeks - 1

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Having watched a playthrough of the game I'm no longer allowed to vote or give commentary on things as I've seen how things can p ossibly go so it's not fair for me to chip in on things given I know results.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

wedgekree posted:

Having watched a playthrough of the game I'm no longer allowed to vote or give commentary on things as I've seen how things can p ossibly go so it's not fair for me to chip in on things given I know results.

It's entirely up to you. There are different outcomes to situations and different endings. You don't have to give any advice on matters, you can vote with your conscience, curiosity or be a devil's advocate. As long as nothing is spoilt then I'm happy either way.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (25) Week Thirteen Summary

Council Meeting

Welcome back, everyone! I'd like you all to welcome a special guest to the meeting. We bumped into each other in the hall and I was threa... persuaded to let them join the meeting in exchange for a safe return to this room. Let's begin the voting in the order that they were proposed. Who are we going to invite to court next week?

TheDavies: Invite Sir Frederick so that we can see what ridiculous condition he wants for his services.

Quackles: Yes, let's Invite Sir Frederick.

Slaan: This alliance can be sealed merely by requesting Sir Freddy? Invite the man, post haste!

BassMug: …Have any of you heard that delightful little yarn from down south, the one about giving mice cookies? For some reason, this business with Sir Frederick is reminding me of it. Ah, well, let’s Give this Knight a cookie—er, audience. Mmm, cookies.

Veloxyll: Invite Sir Frederik. Even if he's past his prime, perhaps he can teach our soldiers something.

Black Robe: Invite Sir Friderick, this seems simple enough and we really could use Jovan's troops.

jkq: Invite Sir Friderick, hopefully he doesn't have anything ridiculous that he wants us to do.

sb hermit: Send a pigeon for Lurs to see if he wants to do anything about the Merchant.

Bregor: Two allies are better than one, send for Sir Friderick straight away!

I shall invite Sir Freddy... Ahem! Sir Friderick right away! Have you all come to a decision about this peasant who wants a staggering 25 gold from us?

Black Robe: Tell the gold diggers to get lost. I'd like a fistful of gold to buy a bigger house too but I'm not expecting anyone to hand it to me for no reason. Though one would think being a royal adviser might merit something.

I hear that the King is looking for someone to help with Asalia's sword training...

BassMug: Hmph, helping peasants and businessfolk is one thing, but to ask us to buy her a nice estate? How brazen! Let’s have none of that.

sb hermit: As a steward of the kingdom’s coffers, we shall not be giving the lady money to expand her home - she can do it herself.

Quackles: Tell the guy who wants the big house to get lost. Seriously, we're not a bank! A cool house is not worth it.

Bregor: Speaking of giving away gold for no purpose, 25 pieces for a bigger house? With no offer of resources or repayment? For a commoner?! I think not! Send the farmer away as well.

TheDavies: The forthcoming loss of public confidence that will come from this is on the shoulders of all of you who voted for that ludicrous dress; nevertheless, laugh them out of court. We could not afford this if we wanted to.

jkq: Laugh them out of court. We'd all like gold from the King to improve our houses, but at least we know better than to ask in court!

Slaan: This woman has the right of it. The city has too small rooms, too small stables, too small gardens and too well paid servants. Give her 25 gold so that at least one family in this realm has a decent place to stay!

Veloxyll: 25 gold for no return sounds like a joke. Laugh them out of the court or offer them a position under the court jester.

I'll tell the King to get rid of them, I'll throw them into the street myself if I have to. What shall we do about this other person asking for money? This is a strange cult and their beliefs hold no ground here, but we are in dire times and we still try to take care of our people no matter what.

Bregor: The Cult of Trees, eh? Sacred things they may be, but I don't see how gold will help them, or how they would help us. Send the cultist away.

jkq: Give them 12 gold to look for outside help with the tree situation. Gods and cults are not to be ignored.

TheDavies: Give them 12 gold; we cannot afford to alienate more of the people than we already have this week.

Black Robe: I cautiously sympathise with the odd tree-huggers, but I don't really see what we can do about a stream. Give them some money to get some outside aid, since we're not paying Stan this week.

sb hermit: Give 12 gold to the cultists and maybe their god of thunder can scare away some bandits.

Veloxyll: Our enemies send scouts and ne'er do wells through the forest. The support of people who live in the forest is vital. Send them gold to save their tree

BassMug: We should donate to the tree woman, I suppose. Crossing possible magicians seems a poor idea, and if it is a folk religion we ought to at least show some respect for the people’s sake.

Slaan: Tell the God botherers to sod off. Money to tithes is money not being spent on armies or stables for my horse!

I will inform the King at his earliest convenience. I hope that these people will remember the king's good grace in the future. All that we have left to discuss now is the merchant that is trying to sell narcotics to the King. Just remember that whatever we decide to do may have some severe consequences in the future.

Rogue AI Goddess: Buy drugs and send everyone else away. Let's get the depression stage of grief out of the way.

Quackles: As for the dust merchant, throw him in the dungeon! We can't have any of that in our Kingdom.

Veloxyll: Dust. He'll find lots of dust IN THE DUNGEON

sb hermit: Throw the spice merchant in the dungeon.

Slaan: If the poor are high, then how will they work? Toss the merchant in the dungeon.

Bregor: The dust at our doorstep! As much as I'd like to see the man responsible in chains and the product in my hands I think it prudent to invite the merchant back in two weeks time. We can send Stan to Kaski to investigate in the meantime, and learn more about this nefarious trade!

Black Robe: Ask the merchant to come back later and send Stan to Kaski to investigate. There seems to be a lot riding on this and we don't have all the facts yet.

BassMug: To be a vice trading kingdom is beneath our dignity! Let’s lock him up, or at least have nothing to do with his nonsense.

TheDavies: As to the dust, I have made my feelings on this matter clear and will therefore abstain from any further discussion of it.

jkq: Throw the merchant into the dungeon. "Winners don't do drugs(tm)." Maybe we can have Asalia train using The STABBER instead of the sword.

Please don't give him any ideas. He has yet to claim a victim and this may be one of the reasons why he is here tonight. If I was you I'd keep your doors locked tonight! Thank you once again for your time. We shall reconvene again next week. I'm going to make sure that our guest makes his way back into his owner's hands.

Thank you all for your patience, I have made a decision regarding each of your petitions. I will begin with your proposition for the court to give you 25 gold for a new house. Are you out of your mind? I don't have gold to waste on your new house! If you want it, work for it! The castle gold is reserved for people in need. You better leave before I have my guards take you out!

So you spend that much on a dress your daughter wore ONCE but you can't help your people with a new house? You could buy half the village just with the gold from the dress! I'll make sure EVERYONE knows about this!

Audry, make a note of this person and where they live. Please approach my throne Olivia and take this gold, use it to pay someone to help you. You should find someone in the market you can hire.

Oh, Your Grace, thank you so much! I've got to say, I wasn't expecting you to help us. I will make sure our people know about your good heart.

I hope your tree is going to be all right.

As for you, your place is in my Dungeons! I won't allow Oracle Dust in Davern!

Your Grace?! But there's nothing wrong with selling a few packs of sugar dust! What other pleasures were you thinking about? Oracle Dust? I've never heard of it!

How dare you lie to your King?! My guards will take care of you at the exit!

Ugh... I will never finish here.

Your Grace! I can't bear this place, please let me out. I didn't know Your Grace disapproves of the Dust! I thought it was like any other consumable product!

People get sick because of this stuff... Everyone who sells Dust in Davern will be imprisoned. You'll stay here till Lord Lurs arrives.

End of Week Thirteen!

Inventory

Archives

Spices

The Upper Hand

The Cult of Trees

An Expense You Can Afford

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Feb 8, 2024

Bregor
May 31, 2013

I feel very lucky indeed to have our meeting graced with the STABBER’s presence!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Well I never! Get this beast out of the council and throne room immediately! It is highly uncouth to have it near our august personages!

BassMug
Jul 19, 2022
Can we sic THE STABBER on that rude woman?

jkq
Nov 26, 2022

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

As for you, your place is in my Dungeons! I won't allow Orace Dust in Davern!

Small typo here.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

jkq posted:

Small typo here.

Thank you!

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (26) Curses!

Can you make any send out of it, Audry?

I'm afraid just as much as you, Your Grace. Something tells me it's to do with Oracle Dust though. We should pass this on to either Lurs or Etton.

Your Grace, I have found the bandits, they were quite the bunch... drinking away in the forests nearby. I let the villagers deal with them. I'm ready for your next orders.

Thank you. Let's hope this doesn't happen again.

At your service, Your Grace.

I'm looking for allies. Lord Jovan mentioned you could help.

Ah, yes. I have heard of your troubles, Your Grace. Radovians lack proper training, but gods know what they have at their disposal. My 80 men, 4 gold and 2 supplies will be a great boon. As a noble knight, it is my duty to help those in need. However, I can't allow liars to taint a knight's honor! The battles for Brianna, Keldew. Under my command, the army of the two headed bird was defeated. I have lost three fingers in my time. I have endured many broken bones. But Noaksey? Not a single scar! Even the finest swordsman bears scars. Many have fought and died. The Noaksey? Show me a single person who can confirm his accomplishments. Someone who actually saw him in a fight. For all we know, it's just prettily worded lies! Noaksey is a deceiving liar, and I ask you to help me prove it!

Noaksey? This fellow got well under your skin. Who is he?

"Noaksey the Dragonslayer" he calls himself. Thinks he's a knight, but he's far from it. He usually travels around quite a bit, but I hear people have seen him around Davern recently. If you meet him, he'll surely tell you the same story he tells everyone. There was something about a Griffin and a tree. He sets the tree on fire, the big Griffin comes to save her cubs but catches her wings on fire, drops down and he finishes her off? It doesn't matter. It's always the same story, different details.

I've heard enough. What is that you need help with, did you say?

Tell him there's a Lichaj in the nearby forest! The creature's just a story and of course it's not there. See what he says though. If he brings you "proof", then we catch him red-handed! Help me show everyone what he's really made of, and I will stand by your side in one more battle.

That's will be all for now.

As you please, Your Grace.

Your Grace! I come from the tavern. The business was going so well, but lately I've had some troubles, and it's all getting out of hand! The tavern became a great place for everyone to gather and have a good time... But some local panders saw an opportunity to use this place to find customers. At first it was fine... Just some girls lurking around every now and then. Now, the tavern has turned into a brothel... People are only visiting for the girls! Although my sales have gone through the roof, I've got to say... It attracts customers! But the panders essentially took over my tavern! And they cause all sorts of trouble... as you can imagine, Your Grace. Almost every week, I have to deal with these disrespectful, violent men... I'm scared they will soon take over the tavern completely and leave me with nothing. On the other hand, if I kick them out, they will just relocate to another pub. I'll lose all my customers and will have to close down...

You could protect your taven before they take over. I imagine this will only get worse. You'll rebuild your business in no time, I'm sure.

Good call, Your Grace, but how can I? I'm only a weak man, they have bodyguards who can take me out with one punch... Perhaps if you could send a General for a few weeks to help out?

Why wouldn't you be happy with the extra money? If you throw these people out, you'll risk having to close down your tavern. You could try to work with them so you can both profit.

That's a good point, Your Grace, but these men are horrible, they really don't treat the women very well... I don't want to support them, unless there is a way I can control the situation.

Why don't you hire your own guards?

I could, Your Grace, but they are very expensive! My sales did go up, but not nearly enough to cover full-time guards.

This is going to take some serious consideration. I will speak to my advisor and we will explore the options that are available to us. Please wait in the guest hall and enjoy our amenities until we have made a decision.

I have heard that Lena has made you a proposition. I must say, it's good that you haven't agreed to it, Your Grace. But do not make the mistake. Do not accept her offer. This marriage CANNOT happen. It seems to me that you don't know of the curse that plagues Lena's family.

Curse?! What curse?!

They say that if her son does not participate in the act of marriage before his twentieth spring, he will fall asleep and never wake up.

Is there a way to break the spell?

There is! That's why Lena is desperately looking for someone to marry her son. To lift the bane. The problem is... You can't completely get rid of it. If her son gets married, it is said that the spell will move on to the bride, and she will die the following night! Are you willing to risk this?

Thank you for the warning.

You're most welcome. I would strongly reconsider Asalia's marriage arrangement, though.

I will consider your advice, be sure.

Your Grace... I come to you with a special request. To turn Stabber into a prince, I need to lift his curse. I've researched more into it.

I think you're the youngest one of us who can read, Cedani!

Well, I made Danica read it for me. I already love him as hard as I can, I squish and tickle his tummy all the time. But now, I need to make him rich. Your Grace, may I please request one piece of gold? I'll pay it back! I promise!

A piece of gold to make the hedgehog rich? Hmm... I need to discuss this with my advisors, I'm sure that you and the Stabber have some important matters to discuss in the Council Chambers until I'm ready to summon you again.

Council Meeting

Greetings to you all! I must congratulate you all for the progress that has been made with our Kingdom. If we survive the Radovian onslaught and the threat of war with Atana then I will personally put all of your names forward for new titles as well as a small reward for each of you. All is quiet around the castle this week, there were no family matters to attend to or updates from any of our guests. We did have plenty of visitors to the throne room.

Let's begin by talking about Sir Friderick's visit to the castle. He has pledged 80 men, 4 gold and 2 supplies if we can catch "Noaksey" out in his tall tales. It appears that Noaksey has a reputation for spreading tales of his exploits to anyone who will listen, the problem is that all of the tales are similar but with only a few details being changed each time. If we do this then we will secure alliances with Lord Jovan and Sir Friderick. This will give us an extra 200 men, 9 gold and 2 supplies combined. Before we make a decision on this matter we should invite Noaksey to court and speak to him. He doesn't have the same resources as the other two nobles but he may be able to help us in other ways. We should at least hear what he has to say and we can make a decision by either helping him or carrying out Sir Friderick's plans. We may as well make a decision on who to invite next week while we are on the subject.

Allies

We still have ongoing business with several nobles:

Etton - His Dust business. Although we may want to hold off until we've investigated Kaski.

Lena - The proposal and the family curse. There is no urgent need to discuss these matters right now.

Lurs - The Dust merchant who is now our prisoner. Again, we may want to hold off until we've investigated Kaski.

Noaksey - Sir Friderick's plan.

We also need to contact Via Lyt, Masha and Grego to discuss potential alliances with them as well. Who shall we invite to court?

It grieves me to say this but one of our business investments has gone awry and it could affect our future income. The highly profitable tavern that we invested in has now turned into a brothel and the owner is starting to lose control of it. We have several options right now and none of them are going to be easy. We can send Stan to sort it out, but that means he will be gone for two weeks. We can give 28 gold to the tavern keeper to hire his own men to take care of things. Or we can tell him to come back in a couple of weeks and hopefully we will be in a better position to help him out. The only other option is to tell him that we can't help at all. We are currently making 3 gold a week from this tavern, if we lose control of it that may stop altogether, saving the tavern is going to take either time or a lot of resources but it means we keep the income and may end up making more.

We have more important decisions to make before I wrap up this half of the meeting. Princess Cedani has proposed an investment opportunity and it's one that we should have some serious discussion about. It turns out that the Stabber is really a prince who has been cursed, and before she removes this curse she would like to make him rich by giving him 1 gold coin. Shall we make the Stabber rich or shall we tell her that we don't have the gold to waste?

Be careful with your decisions and remember, the Stabber still hasn't claimed a victim, yet!

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Ugggh, this is hard. We really should send Stan to Kaski now. But, if we don't send him to the inn now there'll probably be trouble.

Invite Via Lyt, maybe?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Quackles posted:

Ugggh, this is hard. We really should send Stan to Kaski now. But, if we don't send him to the inn now there'll probably be trouble.

Invite Via Lyt, maybe?

Can we afford the 28g at all? Because if it doesn't make us default on our loan that sounds like it'll generate more profit in the long term and stan costs 9g to send anyways.

jkq
Nov 26, 2022
It's too bad we can't just send some of the army soldiers/recruits to solve the Inn problem while keeping Stan for other tasks.

Invite Noaksey, and see what his "story" is. :)

Give 28 gold to hire guards, it's expensive, but we need Stan for other things. Hopefully the 3 gold return will increase after the crisis is solved.
Tell him to come back in a few weeks, we're busy trying to solve a murder mystery right now!

Give 1 gold to Cedani The STABBER, as an :airquote: investment :airquote:.

jkq fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Oct 9, 2023

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

RBD - can we afford the 28G right now?

jkq
Nov 26, 2022

Quackles posted:

I think so? Unless I'm missing something, we've got 19 gold in expenses, and 19 gold in income. So it'll basically empty our savings, but we won't go bankrupt.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Invite Noaksey

Give Cedani a gold coin as an investment into her future

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Give the fine tavern keeper 28 gold to hire guards. My safety when I visit the... fine ladies at this fine establishment for only the finest reasons is paramount. These guards will ensure the safety of my person! And the women I guess. And my horse, which is very important as well!

This whole discussion about a curse and all that makes me want to Invite Lady Lena. If true, then we need such a devious person as an ally. Let's get this wedding started!

We must not give gold to the beast. Nay, far better to find an exterminator to remove the realm of this oversized spiky rat

BassMug
Jul 19, 2022
I think sending Stan to Kaski and our bird to Noaksey both seem prudent. This business with the tavern is really worrying, though…

Maybe investing in THE STABBER will help solve our money problems. It just makes fiscal sense :D

BassMug fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Oct 8, 2023

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
Even Sir Friderick wants something from us! It's as though we are being sent on a wild goose chase. Let us pray this chain of requests ends with Noaksey.

28g is exorbitant. Remember, the tavern owner once tried to trick us before by offering a pittance in taxes. Ah, that must be it! The man is attempting to extort us back for requesting 3g/week. After calculating it, 28g would set us behind more than our initial investment! His tavern has supposedly become an even more profitable brothel... But somehow, he cannot afford any guards and will be doomed if he lets things continue as-is AND if he kicks them out? Frankly, I don't believe the man. I would like to say that we cannot help, but let us tell him to come back in 2 weeks. Some time may help him see that things are not nearly so doomed, and we shall see how his story changes.

General Stan shall visit Kaski to settle the matter of dust for Etton and Lurs.

Given that the council decided to spend 50g on a wedding dress for Lorsulia, we can spare 1g for Cedani. She's promised to pay us back, after all!

------

Assuming I've tracked it right, here's the breakdown of the Tavern cost/benefit so far:

Week 3: Tavern was financed for 12g
Week 5: Tavern started paying us 3g/week
Week 13: Tavern requests basically all of it back with a 28g lump sum

Weekly Gold Tracker:
3: -12 (financed for 12g)
4: -12
5: -9 (we requested a tax of 3g/week instead of 1g/week)
6: -6
7: -3
8: 0
9: 3
10: 6
11: 9
12: 12
13: 15 (we're being asked for help)

Weighing Options:
- Pay 28g: The investment becomes -13 if we choose to pay the lump sum of 28, essentially making this venture a waste. It will take us 9-10 weeks to recover from this setback, and given how our economy should be growing, it's more like 11 weeks because 28g is more like 33.6g when you factor in the bank "interest" rate. It also incentivizes the greedy entrepreneur to keep relying on us to bail him out because he hasn't promised us any additional tax/compensation for helping.
- Send Stan: Sending Stan is 9g and 2 weeks, right? I could be on board with this, but I'd rather progress the plot by visiting places at this point.
- Do nothing / defer: Letting the investment fail is fine at this point since we've made a tidy profit.

Meta thoughts:
- Since there's an option to let the tavern owner come back in 2 weeks, we are likely to get 1 more week of income, even if we do nothing.
- In an alternate timeline, we could have accepted the 1g/week tax, meaning we still wouldn't have turned a profit on our investment. I'd like to think that the tavern owner would have reinvested the 2g/week difference to avoid this catastrophe. If this event still occurs regardless, I would be quite miffed.

NeoRonTheNeuron fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Oct 8, 2023

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I do like the two weeks option, honestly.

With that in mind, send Stan to Kaski and let's clear this business up!

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Send Stan to Kaski, we need to start tying up loose ends before we lose track of all our ongoing projects.

Summon Noaksey and see what he has to say about this mythical creature, for the same reason - and either we'll get a useful knight or a useful dragonslayer out of it. Maybe a good story, too.

Tell the tavern owner to come back later. He can use some of his increased profits to hire his own guards if he's that bothered, but there's no need to upset anyone by refusing outright.

1g is a small price to pay for a day or two of peace and quiet, though what she expects it to do, I dread to think.

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

I’ll just randomly wander in here and vote for this plan:

Black Robe posted:

Send Stan to Kaski
Summon Noaksey
Tell the tavern owner to come back later.
1g is a small price to pay

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Black Robe posted:

Summon Noaksey and see what he has to say about this mythical creature, for the same reason - and either we'll get a useful knight or a useful dragonslayer out of it. Maybe a good story, too.

Or a good laugh!

BTW, we might want to build the stables at some point. I am not voting for this now, just reminding everyone it's a thing.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I really wasnt expecting the amount of votes for emptying out the treasury so readily.

I didn't include the vote for upgrades as I didn't think we could afford it.

Quackles posted:

28g and 1g for Cedani will leave us with 4g in the treasury. It's a risky choice but it could pay off in the long term.

If we pay the gold it could put us in a precarious position until the loan is paid off. We could send Stan but we also have other matters we need him to attend to.

The only other option is to hold off for a couple of weeks, we will still have the option of holding off for a couple of weeks. We will still collect 3g a week but the issue will need to be resolved in 2 weeks time still.

BassMug
Jul 19, 2022

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

The only other option is to hold off for a couple of weeks, we will still have the option of holding off for a couple of weeks. We will still collect 3g a week but the issue will need to be resolved in 2 weeks time still.

You know, in hindsight, I think holding off seems more prudent. I’m changing my vote, if that’s okay.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Changing votes is fine, I haven't called an end to them yet and I don't usually until at least a couple of days after the last vote has been called.

I have no idea why I repeated myself three times in two sentences in that post.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Yeah, wait 2 weeks and sort out the Kaski situation first.

jkq
Nov 26, 2022
I also changed my vote (up above). Sorry!

Bregor
May 31, 2013

General Stan found the bandits! Huzzah! But let us not be distracted, settling the matter of the dust trade is still very important. Send Stan to Kaski to investigate the matter.

Sir Friderick (and his mustache) would be a worthy and honorable ally. Send for Lord Noaksey and see to his plan.

Unfortunately we do not have the gold nor an extra general to send to the tavern. Tell the barkeep we will aid him in a few weeks time.

And for the love of all that is good in this world, pay the STABBER!

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I'm going to close the voting now.

Invite
Lena - 1
Noaksey - 6
Via Lyt - 1

Merchant
Come back in 2 weeks - 7
Give gold - 1

Cedani
Give Gold - 7
No Gold - 1

Stan
Kaski - 6

The next week is going to be a very, very interesting one.

Edit: I've just realised that I missed the World map on the last update.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Oct 11, 2023

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (27) Week Fourteen Summary

Welcome back! Let's hope that we don't have any uninvited guests this time. I must apologise as I forgot to bring up the subject of the World map before the break. If any of you have any suggestions of where to send Stan I would welcome your thoughts.

Quackles: Ugggh, this is hard. We really should send Stan to Kaski now. But, if we don't send him to the inn now there'll probably be trouble.

BassMug: I think sending Stan to Kaski and our bird to Noaksey both seem prudent. This business with the tavern is really worrying, though…

NeoRonTheNeuron: General Stan shall visit Kaski to settle the matter of dust for Etton and Lurs.

Black Robe: Send Stan to Kaski, we need to start tying up loose ends before we lose track of all our ongoing projects.

Bregor: General Stan found the bandits! Huzzah! But let us not be distracted, settling the matter of the dust trade is still very important. Send Stan to Kaski to investigate the matter.

I appreciate all of your quick thinking. I will bring up the subject of the upgrades either when the loan payments have finished or before if our treasury has significantly increased. I would like to hear your thoughts on who we will be inviting to court next week.

NeoRonTheNeuron: Even Sir Friderick wants something from us! It's as though we are being sent on a wild goose chase. Let us pray this chain of requests ends with Noaksey.

sb hermit: Invite Noaksey.

Bregor: Sir Friderick (and his mustache) would be a worthy and honorable ally. Send for Lord Noaksey and see to his plan.

jkq: Invite Noaksey, and see what his "story" is :)

Quackles: Invite Via Lyt, maybe?

Black Robe: Summon Noaksey and see what he has to say about this mythical creature, for the same reason - and either we'll get a useful knight or a useful dragonslayer out of it. Maybe a good story, too.

Slaan: This whole discussion about a curse and all that makes me want to Invite Lady Lena. If true, then we need such a devious person as an ally. Let's get this wedding started!

I will include BassMug's previous comment in this vote as well, either way, there is significant interest in hearing what this Noaksey character has to say. What shall we do about this business with the tavern?

Black Robe: Tell the tavern owner to come back later. He can use some of his increased profits to hire his own guards if he's that bothered, but there's no need to upset anyone by refusing outright.

jkq: Tell him to come back in a few weeks, we're busy trying to solve a murder mystery right now!

Slaan: Give the fine tavern keeper 28 gold to hire guards. My safety when I visit the... fine ladies at this fine establishment for only the finest reasons is paramount. These guards will ensure the safety of my person! And the women I guess. And my horse, which is very important as well!

Bregor: Unfortunately we do not have the gold nor an extra general to send to the tavern. Tell the barkeep we will aid him in a few weeks time.

Quackles: I do like the two weeks option, honestly.

FoolyCharged: Can we afford the 28g at all? Because if it doesn't make us default on our loan that sounds like it'll generate more profit in the long term and stan costs 9g to send anyways.

NeoRonTheNeuron: 28g is exorbitant. Remember, the tavern owner once tried to trick us before by offering a pittance in taxes. Ah, that must be it! The man is attempting to extort us back for requesting 3g/week. After calculating it, 28g would set us behind more than our initial investment! His tavern has supposedly become an even more profitable brothel... But somehow, he cannot afford any guards and will be doomed if he lets things continue as-is AND if he kicks them out? Frankly, I don't believe the man. I would like to say that we cannot help, but let us tell him to come back in 2 weeks. Some time may help him see that things are not nearly so doomed, and we shall see how his story changes.

I will inform the King of our decision as soon as this meeting has concluded. Our last order of business is whether we can spare 1 gold piece for Cedani.

Slaan: We must not give gold to the beast. Nay, far better to find an exterminator to remove the realm of this oversized spiky rat

Grrrrrrrrr

Bregor: And for the love of all that is good in this world, pay the STABBER!

jkq: Give 1 gold to Cedani The STABBER, as an :airquote: investment :airquote:.

BassMug: Maybe investing in THE STABBER will help solve our money problems. It just makes fiscal sense :D

sb hermit: Give Cedani a gold coin as an investment into her future

NeoRonTheNeuron: Given that the council decided to spend 50g on a wedding dress for Lorsulia, we can spare 1g for Cedani. She's promised to pay us back, after all!

Black Robe: 1g is a small price to pay for a day or two of peace and quiet, though what she expects it to do, I dread to think.

DTurtle: I’ll just randomly wander in here and vote for Black Robe's plan.

Hello! Yes. Thank you for your input. I'm sure we can spare one gold piece for the princess, I'll speak to the King about trying to get the coin back from her in the near future. We are finished for the evening, thank you, everyone, once again for your time!

Thank you for your patience. I want to help, but my resources are limited at the moment.

That's fine, Your Grace. I will come back in two weeks' time.

Ah, Pumpkin! I have some good news for you. Here, 1 piece of gold. Don't lose it!

Thank you, Father, your efforts will not be forgotten. I also need to find a black rooster with a saddle... Do you know where I could find one?

Oh my Pumpkins, I honestly don't know.

That's fine, my King. I shall find one myself.

End of Week Fourteen!

Inventory

New item - Secret Message: I can't make much sense out of it. I bet Etton or Lurs would glean more from it.

Archives

Allies for Life

The Upper Hand

Cedani

Attacked Village

gegi
Aug 3, 2004
Butterfly Girl
is the black rooster going to be sacrificed in a horrible ritual is cedani a witch

wait, turning our daughter into a powerful witch might be useful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

gegi posted:

is the black rooster going to be sacrificed in a horrible ritual is cedani a witch

wait, turning our daughter into a powerful witch might be useful

The Rooster is going to be The Stabber's mount, that's why she's needing a saddle to go along with it.