Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
I like this whole idea of NECK STRONG isn't a comedy gimmick, and we're supposed to approach it like million dollar bay-bay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

Mr. Squishy posted:

Brian Pilman Junior, shortened to BPJ, shortened to Beepie. Blame Rarity.

Gotcha. Thanks!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

beepie is his nickname with some other wrestlers and performers. it was found from youtube. just kidding. it's what that person said.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

broke: Cornette fans who haven't ever watched the wrestling they complain about

woke: people who complain but have never watched wrestling in at least 100 years

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

little munchkin posted:

broke: Cornette fans who haven't ever watched the wrestling they complain about

woke: people who complain but have never watched wrestling in at least 100 years

This could have come out of any of the Weekly AEW threads on this sub since All In.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Cavauro posted:

beepie is his nickname with some other wrestlers and performers. it was found from youtube.

Et tu, Brute? :(

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

I’ll always blame you Rar…

WHAT THE gently caress HAPPENED TO YOUR USER NAME!?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

There's honestly not a day that goes by that I don't think to myself "Big Mutha Truckers, only $19.99!" so I'm glad that's now reflected in someone's username

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I've sold my username as advertising space to the seminal PS2 classic Big Mutha Truckers 2: Truck Me Harder. This is the way brands are going to win.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
What the gently caress

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i didn't even edit in the rest of the post. just changing history. i don't appreciate when people do that

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Big Mutha Truckers 2 posted:

I've sold my username as advertising space to the seminal PS2 classic Big Mutha Truckers 2: Truck Me Harder. This is the way brands are going to win.

It was the right choice. The only choice.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/BeAnuraj/status/1709919397547290835

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pENpIU2WMMQ

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

I get it.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

At least now maybe Duane Gill can pronounce it right. :colbert:

Oh who am I kidding, he'd probably say "Mootha"

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/BChiligha/status/1709756265373585917

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
I am begging WWE fans to please watch one movie. Any movie.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

They are going to be referring to the bloodline storyline for decades and will say that literally every week was the best thing ever. And poo poo I can't argue with thim because I haven't watched any of it.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Just look at it as people showering praise on Sami Zayn, it's fine

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Shard posted:

They are going to be referring to the bloodline storyline for decades and will say that literally every week was the best thing ever. And poo poo I can't argue with thim because I haven't watched any of it.

Only because the storyline will still be going decades from now

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

zimbomonkey posted:

I am begging WWE fans to please watch one movie. Any movie.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Related:

https://twitter.com/Jayke1981/status/1709822580763377999

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Speaking of Boss Baby Vibes:

Ah yes this Australian woman is definitely doing the same gimmick as a Southern American

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I also came here to post the Toni Storm Boss baby tweet and I know where all of you found it...

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Benne posted:

Speaking of Boss Baby Vibes:

Ah yes this Australian woman is definitely doing the same gimmick as a Southern American

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Timeless Toni Storm is literally my favourite new gimmick of the year, it’s loving hilarious.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
Toni Storm has always been a very good wrestler. but until the wonderful Timeless one that she has now I can't actually think of any notable gimmicks that she's had before it.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

she had a tiny hat in wwe

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008

Scooter Lesley is a peak Loser Fuckface Nerd name

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

boxcarhobo posted:

she had a tiny hat in wwe

Normal sized hat for a boss baby

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Hoss Corncave posted:

Toni Storm has always been a very good wrestler. but until the wonderful Timeless one that she has now I can't actually think of any notable gimmicks that she's had before it.

There was that time she had a pie thrown in her face and then she was fired or whatever

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

cagliostr0 posted:

I think Dave nailed it when he said it's probably not the best match this year but it will be the one people remember.

I almost wanted to say it's my personal favorite of the year but then I remembered Omega / Ospreay was this year.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Hoss Corncave posted:

This isn't exactly a gimmick but one time while she was in Stardom they did a costume show and she dressed up as Minoru Suzuki. She came out to Kaze Ni Nare and did a Gotch piledriver on a big plush Doraemon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmlAM8uOfg4

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Hoss Corncave posted:

I was not on board the Storm train until the titty chop, that's up there with Kojima elbow dropping punk in the nuts for high points in wrestling history

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Wrestling isn’t what sells wrestling. Wait I mean story and characters isn’t what sells wrestling.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Toni's gimmick would be a miserable failure if she hadn't come at it with 110%, fortunately she did and it fuckin rules

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The_Rob posted:

Wrestling isn’t what sells wrestling. Wait I mean story and characters isn’t what sells wrestling.

Seems like nothing sells wrestling. :smugdog:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Dawgstar posted:

Seems like nothing sells wrestling. :smugdog:

HBK against Hogan at Summerslam

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

The Kayfabe Octagon › The Chris Regal Memorial Thread: Tony Khan is a Boob!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

I'll understand and enjoy this before I ever do the "pape" one

so this is how I understand it: the term 'pape' was popularised by the Bucks on BTE and all that, but before then it was a Montreal wrestling thing used by folks like Daddy Magic, Cool Hand Ang, and Stu Bennett. I assume they first used it not just because it's a contraction of 'pay-per-view', but because Quebec has a ton of swear words based on Catholic poo poo, rebelling against the dominant state religion and all that

like, elsewhere in the world you'd hear 'pape' as a contraction of 'Papist', as a slur against Catholics, but by associating it with PPVs, wrestling fans in Quebec are doing the same thing as when they say 'tabarnak' or whatever, as a gently caress you to the Catholic Church, which coincidentally weakens the power of 'pape' as an anti-Catholic slur

idk, maybe it's not that deep, but it wouldn't surprise me if that's how it began lmao